Expectations for Forza 7 going from FM6.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 393 comments
Part of me suspects a minor graphics downgrade on the Xbox One to incorporate dynamic weather/time-of-day whilst maintaining 1080p/60fps. Now that they have the Scorpio (and PC), they'll be able to use this as their graphics powerhouse/showcase.

Maybe they'll make it static weather for XBO and S and dynamic for Scorpio. IMO the XBone is underpowered, they should have made just made Scorpio the next gen console and make it fully backwards compatible from day one (every single game) but not try to make the XBO forwards compatible. This forwards compatibility will only hold back developers who will have to find a compromise and will not be able to showcase the new box's full potential.

One example we can use is Horizon 2 which came out for the 360 and the One, the 360 bersion was severely limited compared to the One version. Imagine if the Horizon 2 on the One would have been artificially limited just so as it can mirror the features and modes of the other one, it would have ended up been terrible.

Part of me suspects a minor graphics downgrade on the Xbox One to incorporate dynamic weather/time-of-day whilst maintaining 1080p/60fps. Now that they have the Scorpio (and PC), they'll be able to use this as their graphics powerhouse/showcase.
A dynamic system will not be a minor downgrade to graphics, but a very major one, you can see it in Horizon already with it having lower lods and less cars on track as well as lower detail environments despite running at half the framerate of Motorsport. People underestimate just how much power realtime shadows require.

I am all about weird features. In freeplay it would be cool to be able to pick opponents. I had to tinker with a lot of options to be able to get a race between the 1990 Ferrari F1, 1988 Mclaren F1, and 1990 Chevy Indy, or another example, when I pick the VW Bus I'd like to race against something other than other Busses.

I guess besides that feature I'd like just more stuff, more Can-Am, more classic F1, namely the Tyrell p34. More tracks, like Red Bull Ring, Suzuka, and more F1 tracks.

Another couple of things I'd like to see in FM7:

Custom music support: I can handle the score they composed in 5 and 6 but I also want to listen to my own tunes as well, even if I have to make my music playlist on Groove Music that's being supported in Horizon 3.

Select between Standing and Rolling Starts in Career: Especially on oval circuits where standing starts simply don't make much sense from a realism perspective. Plus it would make more sense for series that primarily use rolling starts like GT3 and Indycar.

I am all about weird features. In freeplay it would be cool to be able to pick opponents. I had to tinker with a lot of options to be able to get a race between the 1990 Ferrari F1, 1988 Mclaren F1, and 1990 Chevy Indy, or another example, when I pick the VW Bus I'd like to race against something other than other Busses.

I guess besides that feature I'd like just more stuff, more Can-Am, more classic F1, namely the Tyrell p34. More tracks, like Red Bull Ring, Suzuka, and more F1 tracks.

Nothing weird about that at all.

If there's one thing I want it's more sponsors in the livery editor. There's so many sponsors on the real race cars (Michelin, Castrol, Blistein, Mobil 1, DHL, etc.) yet the manufacture decals seem to be the exact same as those in Forza 4 (as well as the new Forza logos). Either that or allow use to publish liveries with downloaded layer groups at a cost(maybe Cr. 50 per group?). Then there's manufacture specific stuff such as model names and the series logos (ALMS, WEC, TUSCC, LM, ELMS) and driver number plates.

If there's one thing I want it's more sponsors in the livery editor. There's so many sponsors on the real race cars (Michelin, Castrol, Blistein, Mobil 1, DHL, etc.) yet the manufacture decals seem to be the exact same as those in Forza 4 (as well as the new Forza logos). Either that or allow use to publish liveries with downloaded layer groups at a cost(maybe Cr. 50 per group?). Then there's manufacture specific stuff such as model names and the series logos (ALMS, WEC, TUSCC, LM, ELMS) and driver number plates.
Yeah, I would love more manufacturer decals... Also wish we could pay extra to unlock decals for liverly.

Raised letter tyres and custom tyre graphics. Possible coloured tyres and smoke. I guess it would depend what we get when FH3 drops.

Widebody kits would be the norm. Makes the drag tyres work well with classic small cars.
The RM '69 Camaro made this work well.

It's more a Wishlist than an expectation.
Something I've always liked about Gran Turismo is the career progression and licensing. Progressing through actual racing categories until the top tiers, and passing tests to get to the higher tiers. That's something I'd like to see in FM7.
Starting in karts (also introducing kart racing and circuits to the franchise as a result), perhaps progressing to formula Vee and formula ford, Renault, etc etc. having to take tests to teach players proper racing etiquette and do so at race pace to earn licenses that allow you to progress to higher categories. Maybe also implementing basic flags (cautions, black flags, blue flags) and teaching players what they mean and how to react to them.

Of course, all this being career-mode only. Free play and multiplayer allowing you to race whatever you want. Though maybe fully implementing those ideas into Leagues. Depending on your license in Career allows you to participate in higher categories of racing.
Perhaps each license having separate steps for people of different performance levels. (Similar to the professional-elite-club-grassroots in FM6). Wrecking and ignoring flags sends you into the lower steps, so only the good and fast drivers are at the top tiers.

The licenses could be tiered like this:
Kart-karts only
Clubsport/grassroots-stock and modified street cars
Amateur-low level open wheels like formula Ford
Professional-touring cars like GT3, DTM, Super GT, LMP, etc
Elite-Formula 1

1. Improvements in the AI, the AI can seem challenging to players like me, but not to the more experienced driver. So, I say Turn 10 brings up the challenge and continues to try making them more human.

2. Continued improvement on the physics.

3. More tracks and track diversity. I expect Turn 10 to continue with adding real world tracks while trying to add some nice fantasy tracks. Though, I personally hope they also add older versions of tracks that are in the game right now (Spa, Monza, & etc).

4. More car variants to be added to the list. I said a similar thing in the Forza Horizon 3 section somewhere. With how well Turn 10 has been doing with the launch car list and dlc when it comes to diversity, it only makes sense to keep the wheels turning. Some everyday cars would be fine imo like they did on the xbox 360 games with cars like the Fusion Sport and Acura TSX. There's the kei cars, the normal superminis (VW Up, Ford Ka, Toyota Aygo), 1990s BTCC, 1980s NASCAR, land yachts, 1990s JGTC, small trucks, & etc.

5. More customizability to Free Race mode. I hope to be able to choose what cars I race against exactly or at least some options that are in the private lobby mode such as car family.

There's only a few things I really want to see in FM7;

1) Better career mode. I would love to see a sort of hybrid between a Project Cars type career with full race weekends and seasons with an option to just select races from a large list like in FM4.

2) Customization with the display. I would love to be able to turn certain parts of the HUD on/off as well as disabling ghosts.

3) Custom Rivals. Hopefully this will happen since it sounds like FH3 will have it.

4) A clear path for unicorns. Since they are unfortunately returning, the least they could do is give us a schedule of when certain ones will be available and what needs to be done to win them.

One thing I would love to see is the possiblity to paint the windows on every car. Practically every modern closed cockpit race car has a windshield banner on it so I don't see why it hasn't been possible in Forza yet.

47592623d1147407007-corvette-racing-windshield-decals-cr1.jpg

c40767f3-e7bc-4637-939a-64350dbb4f79.jpg

I really want a better career mode. Start with a minimum amount of credits to buy a car, slowly progress through the ranks, until you reach a point where you start racing actual race cars. It could start off with Formula Ford, F4, maybe something like Clio Cup, whatver, with the ultimate goal being F1, LMP1 or IndyCar (triple crown anyone?). I don't want to have a Veyron SS, an F1 car and an LMP1 before I've even finished the intro.

Endurance races, invitationals, special events should all be a part of the career mode, as well as a time trial test before ascending through the ranks.

I want more emphasis on Affinity. Let's say you have a high affinity level with Chevrolet- then they're more likely to offer you a contract. I also don't want to max out the affinity level after 2 longish races.

Also, I don't want to see any more of that "finish at least 3rd every race" bull****. Have a proper championship with a points system.

I want the career mode to be a combination of Project CARS and F1 2016.

From Project CARS starting with Clio/Micra Cup, picking a team and then from F1 2016 cutscenes, team expectations, different levels of performance per team (the top team having a better PP advantage for example) and the ability to improve your teams car overtime. Obviously the PP advantage will be smaller in lower levels (E top team might have a 5 PP advantage while S might have 20 for example).

I really want a proper single career championship where you could start with amateur restricted race, then move to Cliocup and the like and then at the end to nascar/f1/lmp1/indycar. I would like also a choice between full week end / qualif-race / only race. But for that we would need proper AI I guess.
Realist racing series would be nice too like gt3, wtcc, btcc, even if there isn't the full grid. I'm guessing paying right is too high now.

1: Bring back user created Public Lobbies.. Hoppers suck
2: Bring back tuning in lobbies, at least in private lobbies.
3: Bring back Maple Valley and Motegi
4: Either add dynamic time of day or set all tracks time to noon or give us 3 or 4 time options, i.e. morning, noon, evening, night. I really hate the fixed sun position on many tracks where it causes a glare at a given spot on the track and never changes. It is much better on 6 than it was on 3 as 3 was horrible but 2 was better than any that followed.
5:Give us proper divisions for race cars and make it clear which division each is in. It makes no sense to mix Formula and GT cars in R class as well as super cars.
6:Give us a local leaderboard for each car/track combo

I have to admit I am very happy with FM6, They have included all of my Favorite cars with the exception of 4

So Forza Motorsport 7 to include:

Cars

#1- 2002 BMW Z3 M Coupe

#2 1971-75 BMW 3.0 CSL Street Car

#2- 1995 Porsche 911 GT2

#3-
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS

Race Circuits

#1- The Goodwood Revival Circuit.
#2- Suzuka Circuit
#3- Ascari Circuit
#4 Fuji Speedway

Features

#1- Dynamic Weather and Day Transition.

#2- NO Mods on Pro Career Mode or higher.

#3- Better FFB, (More Road feel on straights.)

#4 -Time Penalties for Ramming other drivers and Cutting the Circuit for Online Racing!!!!!!!!!!

I would be completely happy for years to come.:D

Last edited:
I'm expecting to build unique vehicles. What else is there left to do in a virtual car game?
We don't have to see motorcycles in the game. However, if the Reliant is in FM7, I think we'll be able to combine chassis and engine to make hot rods, rat rods, hybrids.

We have a (race)truck, utes, SUVs, Hot Wheels creations, Ken Block creations. It's not too far fetched to expect T10 to take it to a new level, by giving us tools to start creating.

the Forza Motorsport series must have those things.
- a Better Carrer Mode; seriously, i 'm sick about a List without any unlock and progression; a carrier mode a la gran turismo would be amazing with the car selection of FM Series; with also the possibility like FH3 to create proper events with the Blueprint Feature, with offcial racing rules and restincions (Flags, Penalites, qualifications, proper pit stops with realistic animations and other...).
- Making true cars for a Motorsport racing game, i know, somethimes is fun to have some oddbals like the Isetta, Bone Thing from Hot Wheels and other "odd" cars, but for those there is Horizion IHMO, and i can't bear the missing of iconic cars such as the Sauber C9, Pagani Zonda R and other racing cars from the past titles; they should back those and insert other iconical cars.
- Day Night circle a la horizon series, with proper Endurance series.
- Porsche from D1 it's a Utopia, but let me wish about that.

I would like them to bring out a bit of the low class cars aswell like the ford fiesta, audi adseries bmw 3 series and etc... A lot of people are driving these cars and would like to work on their cars and see what their cars could achieve... If they could do that they will have so much more buyers...!!! Also we must be able to install more engines and mods but overall i am happy... I also think the most important is drag racing its smthing that has started out slow and now people are going all over the internet about it... If they make a drag racing they should be one of the 1st proper drag racing mods in the games... Otherwise well done guys...!!!

It's just a small detail but a couple of different helmets and suits would be cool, I don't have the game so I don't know if there are more, but in every photo I see there's always the same helmet. They don't need to go crazy like GT with hundred of colors and shapes, just something to differentiate a bit.

FM7 needs a lot more tracks imo. Hopefully we will finally get some japanese tracks like Suzuka, Sugo or Fuji.
The car selection works fine for me. If there are enough GT3s I'm happy.
For freeplay I'd wish that they would finally fix the livery bug (is it a bug?) that the AI finally get's custom liveries there as well. Not only for career races. I'd also like to see a multi class and "cup" option for freeplay.
Some kind of BoP would be nice too. Really dislike how (for example) the Volvos are running away up front in a Touring Car race.

Back