Expectations for Forza 7 going from FM6.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 393 comments
When you have 500+ cars but you can't select opponents ending up doing races against random race cars and some road cars out of nowhere what these devs both delivered is a huge pile of messy stuff.
Its sucks i know. I wish we could have an Enthusia like AI selector where we could choose cars we want to race. Or atleast choose to be one class, one period, or one make.

But if you try to judge the whole game based on one missing feature, than literally no game will satisfy you. Just saying.

Its sucks i know. I wish we could have an Enthusia like AI selector where we could choose cars we want to race. Or atleast choose to be one class, one period, or one make.

But if you try to judge the whole game based on one missing feature, than literally no game will satisfy you. Just saying.
Well this "feature" is not like asking new content new cars or tracks, we are talking about a little yet essential feature that was there already in Forza Motorsport 4 but they removed it. It's just a matter of developers being lazy.
On the Official Forza forum there is a 30 page thread talking about this and they didn't care.

Well this "feature" is not like asking new content new cars or tracks, we are talking about a little yet essential feature that was there already in Forza Motorsport 4 but they removed it. It's just a matter of developers being lazy.
On the Official Forza forum there is a 30 page thread talking about this and they didn't care.
Could've worded better. Is it dissapointing? It probably is. Having a missing feature from previous games from a franchise is a letdown such the case of Shuffle Race in GT6.

Whatever you enjoy the game or not is subjective. But calling a dev lazy and didn't care after all the patches, new cars, and customer services is, honestly, come off as ungrateful in my eyes. It is dissapointing, but not constitute of the overall package.

Could've worded better. Is it dissapointing? It probably is. Having a missing feature from previous games from a franchise is a letdown such the case of Shuffle Race in GT6.

Whatever you enjoy the game or not is subjective. But calling a dev lazy and didn't care after all the patches, new cars, and customer services is, honestly, come off as ungrateful in my eyes. It is dissapointing, but not constitute of the overall package.
That's your opinion, and yes as I said, developers were lazy with this particular feature since it was there in Forza 4. You know when they say "don't fix something that is not broken". As for my "ungrateful" words I don't really care about who complain the complainers. Community politely asked this little thing in their official forum, but nothing happened. Actually you can select only 5 AI cars online because of some Drivatar issues I can understand that, BUT they removed the offline option completely and no, you can't decide if that's a big deal or not for other users, for me surely it is. Now let's move on.

It's not a crime to be ungrateful when they deliver nothing more than what people pay for. There hasn't been any serious patches for months, nor has there been any genuinely free content since 2015.

It's not a crime to be ungrateful when they deliver nothing more than what people pay for. There hasn't been any serious patches for months, nor has there been any genuinely free content since 2015.
-There has been 3 content updates in the span of 7 months, almost ranging from one popping up every 2 months. Last one was January, so it seems this one is a bit late. Either way, that track record is not a bad one, as title updates used to take ages to just get approved.

-There has been 3 free unicorn cars with a California likely on the way, although you have to do a little work to get them. They seem to be releasing a new unicorn each month this year. Another free car is the 2015 Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO. The 1966 Silvia was one as well, but that seems to have disappeared.

While they've yet to release free content on the scale of their other games, the life of this game is yet to be over as well. Forza Motorsport 5 must have spoiled some with the amount of free content they where throwing at you, and that would likely be because of the amount of backlash they got for it being such a small game in comparison. They likely felt that it was absolutely necessary to do so.

It's also not a crime to release any more than what is payed for either. However, I feel you'd be in the wrong if you feel ungrateful because they don't offer as much free content as you'd like, generally speaking. So is that really a just reason, or is that just entitlement? Either way, it doesn't take away from the very good point that @FrzGT made. If one small feature missing is going to cause you to hate a game in it's entirety, than there is not going to be one game out at this time that will please him, and likely not for a long time either.

On the subject of additional content, some people absolutely hate the amount of extra content Forza throws at the community. So if they released absolutely nothing outside of what is already payed for, then that will please some people, while the other method pleases other people.

If we take a look at Need for Speed 2015, a game that said that all additional content would be free, it has gotten 3 updates in near the same time span of Forza, yet less free content, and some of them just being reworked versions of vehicles already in game. Taking all that into consideration, they don't seem to be doing so bad this iteration(trackrecord in the past is a different story) when you take the market into consideration.

-There has been 3 content updates in the span of 7 months, almost ranging from one popping up every 2 months. Last one was January, so it seems this one is a bit late. Either way, that track record is not a bad one, as title updates used to take ages to just get approved.

Didn't the content updates released so arrive in a row? I'm not sure but the game could use another by now.

Either way, it doesn't take away from the very good point that @FrzGT made. If one small feature missing is going to cause you to hate a game in it's entirety, than there is not going to be one game out at this time that will please him, and likely not for a long time either.

I agree with @HKS racer that selectable AI opponents is an essential feature currently missing from the game, but it's not something that keeps me from playing it or makes me dismiss Turn 10's work entirely. It's a stretch to argue that the absence of said feature turns the game into a mess. I still see the point though. The current opponent filters rarely allow for some truly interesting starting grids. This is the reason why I spend nearly all my time in the game driving solo, not to forget the fact that the AI could use more work. Ultimately, my comment was mostly an attempt to question the way in which there is a tendency to defend game developers when someone raises a slightly exaggerated concern. After all, there can still be a legitimate concern that needs to be heard. Who cares if someone thinks a game developer is lazy? Turn 10 can take such feedback or leave it, but it doesn't benefit the game to question the mindset behind a valid concern. Doing so only creates an atmosphere as if they've done enough to deserve an ongoing applause. We don't owe Turn 10 anything, nor do they owe us beyond what we paid for, but I won't feel grateful until Turn 10 has given me a good reason to be. It's not like that makes me ungrateful, why would it?

Didn't the content updates released so arrive in a row? I'm not sure but the game could use another by now.
From what I'm gathering is that One was released in October, while the two after that where consecutive months of December and January. I agree, we are due for one, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any support.

I agree with @HKS racer that selectable AI opponents is an essential feature currently missing from the game, but it's not something that keeps me from playing it or makes me dismiss Turn 10's work entirely. It's a stretch to argue that the absence of said feature turns the game into a mess. I still see the point though.
I would agree if his point was just that it is a needed feature that the game used to have, but it was far from that. It was more a long the lines that the game is damned because it's missing. So no, I'll have to disagree with that.

The current opponent filters rarely allow for some truly interesting starting grids. This is the reason why I spend nearly all my time in the game driving solo, not to forget the fact that the AI could use more work.
I agree, I also tend to race with anything but the AI offered in the game, most of the time just riding solo in Rivals mode. Though, that is because I don't usually care for the career/free play modes in most racing games. I enjoy Hot lapping the most, with human interaction right after that. The current AI on unbeatable is just mainly chasing the first and second place Ai around, while the rest of the pack still falls farther behind. With the short amount of laps given for each set race it just wasn't fun.

Ultimately, my comment was mostly an attempt to question the way in which there is a tendency to defend game developers when someone raises a slightly exaggerated concern.
That's the problem, and I quote @SlipZtrEm.
If you have to exaggerate to prove a point, it means you don't have one.
Either way, the situation you posed is all but a half truth, in my opinion. They are offering the things that you just said they aren't.

After all, there can still be a legitimate concern that needs to be heard.
Then I feel it needs to be expressed legitimately, but I don't really think it has to a certain degree.

Who cares if someone thinks a game developer is lazy? Turn 10 can take such feedback or leave it, but it doesn't benefit the game to question the mindset behind a valid concern.
The question posed wasn't to ignore a point that was made, but to question an over-exaggeration. The one that was rightfully pointed out by @FrzGT. I could care less if someone thinks anyone is lazy, I just find it odd to completely dismiss a game over something like that, because if something that small is what causes him to hate a game entirely, I'm not sure how he can have a liking towards any game. It seemed more like the usual bias, than a comment with legitimate concern.

Doing so only creates an atmosphere as if they've done enough to deserve an ongoing applause. We don't owe Turn 10 anything, nor do they owe us beyond what we paid for
The atmosphere that was shown from the comment was only that of blindly dismissing a game for no other reason than likely just being keen to an opposing game in the genre, this forum is riddled with that. That is the kind of atmosphere we can do without. Legitimate concern is fine, but it was also backhanded with exaggerated reasons.

but I won't feel grateful until Turn 10 has given me a good reason to be. It's not like that makes me ungrateful, why would it?
As long as they give what they promised, I'm fine with any extra's that come with it. Do I like every part of the game? No, but I'm grateful that they made a good game in the first place.

I would agree if his point was just that it is a needed feature that the game used to have, but it was far from that. It was more a long the lines that the game is damned because it's missing. So no, I'll have to disagree with that.

Ok. I think the game suffers considerably because selectable AI cars seem so essential. The game really comes to life graphically with a full grid, but the current design can easily make solo driving appear more desirable. It's like missing out on something already there simply because it's flawed and doesn't work like common sense and some earlier Forza Motorsport entries would suggest.

That's the problem, and I quote @SlipZtrEm

Either way, the situation you posed is all but a half truth, in my opinion. They are offering the things that you just said they aren't.

I agree that a point needs to be proved in a clear and coherent manner, but I think there are times where exaggeration can emphasize a point without invalidating it.

The question posed wasn't to ignore a point that was made, but to question an over-exaggeration. The one that was rightfully pointed out by @FrzGT. I could care less if someone thinks anyone is lazy, I just find it odd to completely dismiss a game over something like that, because if something that small is what causes him to hate a game entirely, I'm not sure how he can have a liking towards any game. It seemed more like the usual bias, than a comment with legitimate concern.

The atmosphere that was shown from the comment was only that of blindly dismissing a game for no other reason than likely just being keen to an opposing game in the genre, this forum is riddled with that. That is the kind of atmosphere we can do without. Legitimate concern is fine, but it was also backhanded with exaggerated reasons.

I suppose it's a matter of perception. I didn't detect the kind of bias I sometime come across, but maybe that's because I share the concern at hand as my biggest gripe with FM6.

Ok. I think the game suffers considerably, partly because selectable AI cars seem so essential. The game really comes to life graphically with a full grid, but the current design can easily make solo driving appear more desirable. It's like missing out on something already there simply because it's flawed and doesn't work like common sense would suggest.
That is true, it really does. Still though, if the AI is still less than desirable, full grid or not, it will be lacking. With unbeatable, they should make the whole grid move at the same pace as the first few lead cars. That would truly bring it to life.

I agree that a point needs to be proved in a clear and coherent manner, but I think there are times where exaggeration can emphasize a point without invalidating it.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this point. A well versed, thoroughly thought out complaint can go miles more than an over exaggerated statement that serves no other purpose than to disregard something as a whole.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this point. A well versed, thoroughly thought out complaint can go miles more than an over exaggerated statement that serves no other purpose than to disregard something as a whole.

I can't argue against that but that's not to say exaggeration can't serve a purpose other than disregarding something. I can see how it may be a poor fit for criticism though.

Lets not forget, Forza 4 was so feature intensive because T10 had the whole generation to build it up. This new gen is still..ahh, new. They had to build Forza 5 from the ground up....Forza 7 and Forza 8 will bring more and more features and cars that we so desire simply because they would have had more time to build up the series on the X1.

with that said, its horrible when you drive a race car but are forced to race against a road car...like come on, this is all common sense T10.

Lets not forget, Forza 4 was so feature intensive because T10 had the whole generation to build it up. This new gen is still..ahh, new. They had to build Forza 5 from the ground up....Forza 7 and Forza 8 will bring more and more features and cars that we so desire simply because they would have had more time to build up the series on the X1.

with that said, its horrible when you drive a race car but are forced to race against a road car...like come on, this is all common sense T10.
Nah, this generation is not "new", it's already in it's 3rd year, while it still has some life in it, this year is probably the middle point of these console's life, new ones are likely to drop in 2019, 2020 at the latest. So FM6 is like FM3 was for X360, except with even more content than that game had. FM7 is gonna be massive and a final FM game for X1, with FM8 probably being a launch title for new xbox. But this time all content should be future proof even for nextgen.

I dont think Forza series will be tied to a specific console as it has been has been up to this point now when turn10 has said that Forza will be available on pc as well through the WUP. I guess the games will be released first on the console though to promote the future xbox machine but next gen of xbox will probably be a normal pc in slick format.

From what I'm gathering is that One was released in October, while the two after that where consecutive months of December and January. I agree, we are due for one, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any support.

This can be a game breaking issue or not, it really depends on what you are looking for. If you come from rFactor and you want to do the same: painting cars select AI opponents and race, you can't do that in FM5 and FM6 and it's a shame because I feel lot of wasted potential, from my point of view.

Just thought of something small:

I expect T10 to update the 2017 Ford GT to better resemble the final production version (which will be out on roads by then). All the official colour options, any detail changes, etc etc. It took far too long to change up the Aston Zagato!

If we take it that the next volume of Forza will be 1080/60.... then why cannot Forza 6 be the building base for 7? Why cannot 7 be effectively a massive DLC?

New tracks (and the return of the Japanese tracks) to add to the existing tracks and new game modes, a few new cars... Rally X tracks for example, a decent spread of hill climbs, city scape tracks.

Because money? And I'm not expecting any Japanese tracks after hearing how expensive it is to liscence them if you aren't a Japanese company.

Because money? And I'm not expecting any Japanese tracks after hearing how expensive it is to liscence them if you aren't a Japanese company.

Yes it is always money isn't it. But it strikes me I have spent well over £100 on Forza 6 and unless somehow they can get more out of XBox One performance wise, then 7 is going to look a lot like 6.

So unless they do something very different then, why bother, I might as well wait for the next new console

I played 4 for a over a year before I bought an XBox One and Forza 5 then quite rapidly 6. 5 was pretty nasty imo. way too few cars, way too much DLC, way too few tracks... 6 is excellent. I digitally download the VIP version and started playing it day one minute one and have been on it ever since... I have every car possible

So what is 7 going to do that 6 doesn't? I know I am an individual and individuals do not matter. I know I play a vast amount the game... but I cannot be the only one

So yes it is all about money and how Forza makes myself and many others no doubt, open their wallets again if 7 is not a significant step forward or significantly different from 6

FM7 is going to be what FM4 was to FM3, more cars, more tracks, new UI and slightly adjusted physics while missing a few things (FM4 lost a few tracks from FM3).

This is how Forza Motorsport has been doing its thing for a while.

If we take it that the next volume of Forza will be 1080/60.... then why cannot Forza 6 be the building base for 7? Why cannot 7 be effectively a massive DLC?

New tracks (and the return of the Japanese tracks) to add to the existing tracks and new game modes, a few new cars... Rally X tracks for example, a decent spread of hill climbs, city scape tracks.
Do you only care about graphical improvements? Gameplay, features, etc. don't matter that much?

I expect it to be trash as usual they won't fix the damn rumble strips the tire model will be ass again and we already know the same cars will be the leaderboard car Lotus, S2000, Alpha, etc, etc.

I expect it to be trash as usual they won't fix the damn rumble strips the tire model will be ass again and we already know the same cars will be the leaderboard car Lotus, S2000, Alpha, etc, etc.
What's wrong with the strips and the tire model? I'm wondering what this is in comparison to.

Do you only care about graphical improvements? Gameplay, features, etc. don't matter that much?

Features that would be nice... mmmm...... being able to find your own paints for each model of car would be useful ... but it doesn't really matter to me, no. Ai? Good enough imo. On-Line? I could care less as I never use the lobbies, ever. They are full of people and I just do not do 'people' either on-line or in real life.

However like many people I suspect, I do have a pile of games that I just do not play because they are poor, or boring or just do not work properly. I play Forza 6 a very great deal, more than most I suspect... and it works. Is it perfect? LOL, compared with 95% of the utter dross out there? Yes, it's pretty much perfect at this moment in history.

Do I want to start afresh with Forza 7, if it in reality it cannot be that much better than 6..? Not really no.

Myself I have every car, every track and so forth in Forza 6, I have 999,999,999 credits and am on driver level 1104... so do I really want to go back to square one? No, not really.

The graphics in 6 are still the best I have yet to see in any game, the cars go and handle pretty much as a car does and sound pretty much like a car should.... so given the power available in the console then yes, I would much prefer a great deal more tracks, different race styles and some new different race cars... but I am really not bothered by all the minutia either in real life or in XBox games.

The question then to me is how does Forza/Lot 10/MS really get more money out of me? Maybe I am one in a million so it does not matter at all what I think... and I am perfectly happy to accept that. I know how the world works.

My real question is why did they not bring out a properly powerful console? Money as usual... they hope to make more this way and of course there is a whole industry based on what they do now. That's why.

But when I read some comments and posts not only here but all across the internet..... I really do wonder... as I pointed out in the Dirt Rally section here (no doubt to huge pouting but I do not even bother looking) Dirt Rally is by many people being called a "SIM" and I enquired how they would know... most have never driven a rally car in their life. They claim the physics are fantastic... same question.. how do you know?

Myself I rallied cars, raced cars on tracks, raced m'bikes on tracks and off road for 42 years as I started age 6. I learnt to drive alone in my own car (an Anglia 1500GT rally car which my father got me) on forestry tracks. That was the early 1970's, nothing like today thankfully.

But that is not saying 'Ooooooh look at me!" that is saying why are some pretending to know how something handles on a track, on ice or anywhere else? Some people pull Forza apart, the Ferrari this or the Porsche that... or whatever. Oh right, raced on a track then have you? Owned a Porsche 911 Turbo? Been in a 944? Been in any Ferrari.... owned anything more than a Nissan Micra? Have you even got a driving licence? Honestly I get very tired of it all, if the internet has shown one thing it is people who do not know very much, still love to have what they consider an irrefutable opinion.

Now imo people can have what opinion they like but do not tell me and others that the handling of a Forza 6 Skyline is 'a bit off' or the Mk2 Escort rally car is correct handling on Welsh forestry track... or that an AK47 in COD has the wrong sound.... when they do not have a clue 1. Because they have never ever driven one, shot one, been shot at with one, owned one or most likely ever seen one, gun or car, outside of a picture or heard one outside of a video.

Without wishing to be rude to anyone, anywhere, there's an awful lot of people who talk an awful lot of verbiage... these are just games, they are not a panacea for all ills nor a cure for cancer... they are simply not a life mission, they are just entertainment.

If someone were entertained for a while then as far as I am concerned... the game did it's job.

My real question is why did they not bring out a properly powerful console? Money as usual... they hope to make more this way and of course there is a whole industry based on what they do now. That's why.
Yes, the answer is money, nobody wants to take a loss in the business, MS itself may be huge and wealthy, but Xbox division is a small cog in the machine with a set budget and they have to make shareholders happy. What they could've done is of course make a machine identical to PS4, but their engineers were too excited about TVTVTV to give a damn. In the end we have what we have, might as well make do with what we're given.
Even driving my ******* in RL on a daily basis is more exciting that any of these games, so I see them as just that, games, I can have fun with them, but they aren't replacing RL driving in any shape or form.

What do I expect from FM7?

Well I think it'll be what FM4 was to FM3. A more polished, UI friendly, content rich, community involved venture than FM6. Not that FM6 is bad by any means.

Content wise I think FM7 will be unmatched. GT Sport is slated to come out later this year, but considering a large portion of PD's Assets are all last gen (or even two gens ago) i don't expect GT Sport to pushing anywhere near FM6 levels of content at launch (even FM5 possibly) unless a lot of the assets are ported or touched up only slightly.

Cars: 700 - FM6 is almost pushing 600 cars post Nascar expansion, and if all of those hold:
  • + the rest of FM6 DLC (2-4 car packs, 20ish cars)
  • + All of the new FH3 cars at launch (Probably another 10-20 New, like FH2)
  • + All of its DLC (We got a tonne of cars in FH2 DLC that contributed to FM6's 450+ Launch count - 50-60 new cars atleast)
  • + Any new race machines for FM7 (Another 20-35 cars)
Even if Porsche isn't in at launch for FM7 I still think they'll get to 700. They'll be pushing super hard to get to a huge number for the marketing and will most likely succeed. 650 still doesn't sound bad either ;)

Tracks: 36+ - 12 Tracks were added to between FM5 and FM6. Not so sure they'll get to those numbers again, maybe T10 take there time with producing a bigger layout such as Camino or Fujimi, or adding Rain/Night or existing tracks. Still atleast 10 new environments in between 6 and 7 is great, and having hopefully almost 40 tracks to play with 700 cars will be ridiculous.

I also think FM7 will have some of the requested community features such as Car Clubs, Gifting returning into the franchise. Career will hopefully be reworked with future DLC in mind and have a championship scoring style, with Showcase events being expanded on as well and every car having a division from the start!

Two things I think they'll do that are often overlooked.
  • Mod Packs will start including the very small chance to win unicorn cars, as well as driver/avatar customization (different colour and themed suits)
This seems too obvious to me. With the popularity of 'pack openings' on games ever increasing since the success of cases in CS:GO and card packs in various Ultimate Teams for sports titles, it makes sense that they'll do something like this. Avatar customization has been long asked for in FM games and by putting them in mod packs, it'll incentivise people to use the mod system. I'm not sure how people would react, but I guess it would give people a second chance to get unicorns they missed out on and give people a use for all there credits lying around from the over generous economy. For T10 it makes too much sense, they could potentially tap into another revenue stream without too much effort.

• Free-Play will get a massive overhaul and will be the center of replay ability for the game. T10 switches some of there focus from Monthly Rivals (not that they focus much on there to begin with anyway) to Monthly Free-Play events.
With Free-Play, the potential is there. If we could get options so that you could create your own 'Free Play series' share it just like a livery/design, the possibilities would be endless. They would need to allow the user to set the amount of races/events, their location, the scoring system, the division type, the drivatars upgrades/tune, the drivatars designs and the prizes for winning the series which would be no easy task. But if they could pull it off, these shareable series would be much more interesting that the monthly rivals T10 currently do, and it would make dlc cars like the Formula Mazda or one off cars like the MX-5 Cup so much more useful. It would add to the already robust Tuning and Livery community, and would allow the community to tap in to using the massive car and track roster and T10 wouldn't even have to do much (aside from implementing the system in the first place) as it would be all community curated!

Overall, I'm super excited for not only FM7 but the future of the franchise moving forward. Going to be very interesting to see what they to with FM7, I sure as hope it's good tho! :cheers:

Last edited:
There's a feature that I would have liked to see in any racing game and the nice thing is that it wouldn't be hardware dependent, it could have been implemented well back in the SNES era and that is an extreme hardcore mode where you have just one life and that's it there are no restarts.

Think of it like the new Hitman "one try only" mode but with cars; If you happen to crash too hard you lose all your progress.

A few days ago I was hot lapping the Nordschleife and I really experienced danger, I had my heart in my mouth. It came from knowing that I had just improved X sector by over a second and knowing that the slightest mistake would dirty up the lap and I'd have to start yet another six minutes plus lap. Now even at that level it was exhilarating, imagine how much more thrilling it would feel if you knew that a mistake could end up costing your virtual driver's life and there'd be no restart for the session.

Obviously the whole career could not be made this way otherwise it'd be too stressful but I think it could be an extra career mode with say four 10 races championships full with practice and quali sessions too and you have to make it to the end alive.

Obviously not all crashes would have the same results, the game would be able to tell you based on the severity of the impact what sort of injury you suffered if any.

There could be a calendar too for if you suffer a crash that's only serious enough that requires 10 days to recover, you can see whether you miss a session or a race or whatever.

Anyway just an idea, I find that motor sports are seriously dangerous in real life yet virtually none of that danger that comes with it translates back into the virtual world.

Part of me suspects a minor graphics downgrade on the Xbox One to incorporate dynamic weather/time-of-day whilst maintaining 1080p/60fps. Now that they have the Scorpio (and PC), they'll be able to use this as their graphics powerhouse/showcase.

Back