Expectations for Forza 7 going from FM6.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 393 comments
So to gather up everything according to most of you (including my own expectations, which were also previously mentioned) I managed to list them all down.

This doesn't include individual cars or types of cars, as with the tracks, because obviously, Motorsport 7 will feature new ones, you'll never know which will be there.

(WARNING: This post is very long, so read at your own risk.)

New things and improvements you want to see in Forza Motorsport 7 (Compilation)

Here's something very big to expect for the game, especially since it's definitely going to be on Xbox One and PC:

Graphics:
It's said the Turn 10 often pushes the graphics engine a little further, so why not add adaptive tessellation to every single car in the game to make them a little more vibrant and a lot more-realistic looking. With this feature having appeared in GT6, you can see the detail and clarity of most aspects of the car, especially with the headlights or some sort.

Proper driver animations when turning the steering device and shifting gears like in Driveclub and Assetto Corsa

Cars:
All the cars in the entire series to return for Forza Motorsport 7 in the latest Forza graphics technology (currently at 1361 cars)

*NOTE: Currently the entire Forza series has 1361 cars (1277 without certain special editions), and with Horizon 3's DLC we can see up to 1500 cars in the entire series after Horizon 3's support, and plus there could be more than 100-200 new cars coming at launch.

If possible, Porsche at launch (considering if the licensing is done or not). If not, Turn 10 should hurry with them for a cheap expansion bringing in every Porsche in the series including some new ones.

When selecting cars, the car's division is shown as well, besides the usual specs.

More car divisions to cater to many of the cars featured in the game

Car classes sorted similar to Motorsport 2, only race cars will compete against race cars of the same class unless it's a multi-class race.

Official branded tires on all race cars in the game (only the NASCAR vehicles of Motorsport 6 have them, whereas GT6 had branded tires on nearly every race car in the game).

All cars get actual specs (some cars in the series are wrong, such as the V-Spec II Nür R34 in Motorsport 2 having 345hp instead of 327, the Toyota TS040 Hybrid having 786hp instead of 1000, and the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO having 756hp instead of 1250.)

Tracks:
All the tracks in the entire series, re-modeled using the latest technology (50 environments and 272 layouts)

*NOTE: This number may increase to over 55-60 environments and around 300 layouts for Motorsport 7.

Physics:

Simulation of automatic transmissions (like in Enthusia and NFS 2015) where depending on throttle input at a certain speed, the gear will begin to shift at the next one

Neutral gear on all cars, like in real life

Ability to use the realistic driving setting depending on the car as an option (Depending on which cars are available, those with certain driving aids will use the available ones, as in real life, and those that don't have them won't use them at all.)

Ability to simulate KERS and DRS (just like in Driveclub)

Ability to select active fuel, downforce, brake bias and tire conditions on the fly on 2013 and 2015-spec Formula One cars (similar to F1 2015)

Improved overall handling physics like in Assetto Corsa (by default, to eliminate the "Simulation" type steering)

Car dimensions shown not only on Forzavista mode, but also when selecting cars

Damage and Wear settings:

Similar damage to Motorsport 2

Ability to completely turn off cosmetic damage

Several settings for damage:

Off (no damage, therefore it is impossible to get eliminated)

Mechanical Only (Certain systems of the car may fail and wheels may snap off the car)

Visual Only (Bodywork can not only damage the car but also impact aerodynamics)

Realistic (The bodywork and systems can get potentially destroyed just like in real life)

Mechanical Damage should be able to affect the following: Engine, Suspension, Steering, Gearbox, Clutch, Cooling, Nitrous, Electric Motor, Aerodynamics, Tires, Forced Induction, Driveline, Differential, Fuel System (under the Telemetry HUD)

Bodywork damage should have a combination of Forza 2 and Forza 5's damage engine, but with the ability to completely shatter any and all glass, destroy active rear wings, fenders, doors, trunks and the hood as well as the mirrors and to even bend the car's body and cause the wheels to get mis-aligned and even stuck between wheel wells when damaged

Damageable wheels

Debris and damaged parts are visible on track and are able to affect other racers when in contact

Tire punctures are also possible

Glass (windshields and light covering) and lighting can get damaged, as well as horns (on production vehicles)

Settings on Tire and Fuel wear:

Off (No tire and fuel wear, therefore it is impossible to get eliminated due to a lack of fuel and worn out tires)

Mild (Mild tire and fuel wear with noticeable durability)

Strong (Faster tire and fuel wear)

Realistic (Every car has a specific point where and how its fuel gets consumed and how its tires wear off, like in the real-world version of a certain car)

When the car runs out of fuel, the engine should deactivate instead of letting the car run at a slower speed, therefore eliminating the racer from the race

Forzavista:

Ability to Forzavista every single car available without having to buy them (like before you select a car in Free Play or buy cars, you can choose to Forzavista a certain car)

Detailed Forzavista like in Motorsport 4's Autovista mode (which was essentially the same thing)

Customization:
Same visual customization as Horizon 3 for cars that have featured there

The return of all visual customization items and wheels in the entire series considering if all the cars in the entire series return

Motorsport 4-style/Horizon 3 tuning for several cars (e.g. 1002hp possible on an RB26DETT when fully upgraded, 1459hp possible on a Fast and Furious Supra's 2JZ-GTE) and relevant engine swaps from the car brand itself

Nitrous, although portrayed realistically like in GT6

Ability to paint layers of rims separately (like in NFS 2015)

Ability to create a full racing cockpit for cars when fully upgraded (not just simply a roll cage in the car)

Engine de-restriction now part of tuning set-ups instead of an upgrade item

Ability to save a set-up for a certain track or layout

Time and weather:
Dynamic and transitioning weather for all tracks with complete 24 hour cycles (at the very least, 1080p and 60FPS, although that may be a little bit of a struggle)

Ability to set how fast time and weather will progress, the sky conditions and precipitation like in Driveclub

Free Play mode:
Manufacturer-type race mode (where when you choose a car, the AI would use cars from the same brand with equal performance, and you can either allow upgrades on their cars so it will be evenly matched)

Spec-type race mode (Same as Manufacturer-type, only with the AI driving the same exact car as you)

Motorsport 4-style car soccer mode (offline and online)

Tag (Virus) for offline and online

Motorsport 2, 3 and 4-style Hot Lap mode returning

Drag races in the similar vein of Motorsport 5

Proper drift mode similar to that in Rivals mode, as well as Sector Trial (like in GT6) instead of a lousy HUD option

Car bowling in the Top Gear Test Track for all cars

Timed endurance races (like in GT5's endurance races in Career, where you can set the time limit)

Standard qualifying or elimination-style qualifying for most game modes

Ability to select AI cars (like in Project Gotham Racing 3)

Multi-class racing (like in Project CARS where you can split the grid into various classes of cars)

Ability to change the colors of rental cars and to tune the default set-up of all rental cars in Free Play (like in Motorsport 2, 3, 4 and 6: Apex)

Driveclub-style penalties for off-road, off-track and collision, as well as the fact that it will add extra time to your race like in Motorsport 2, and several corner-cutting offenses can actually eliminate you (like in Shift 2: Unleashed)

LAN multiplayer and split-screen for Windows 10 versions

Ability to make a Free Play championship and share it like it's a tuning set-up or livery (much like how Forza Horizon 3's Blueprint feature works)

Online:
Same modes as Free Play, with the ability to choose out of any and all of the cars and tracks in the game

Public vote kick system

Private hoppers

Multi-class hoppers

Practice mode similar to GT6 online where you can just freely drive before you decide to start the race

Standard qualifying or elimination-style qualifying

Shuffle racing similar to GT5

IRacing/GT Sport-style driver rating for every player online (to those who have been driving dirty within Forza online, you have been warned!)

Car clubs like in the previous games

Custom Rivals events that can be shared like in Forza Horizon 3

Sharing/Auction features:
The ability to gift cars to certain people

Ability to save an unlimited number of tunes and liveries

Same Storefront and Auction House features as Horizon 3

Mods:
Same mods as Motorsport 6, but a lot more added to cater to all the new cars and tracks

New method of getting mods, instead of trying your luck, you can individually buy any mods you want by type

You can select up to three mods per type (three for Boost, three for Crew and three for Dare)

Livery System:
On race cars, painting the livery will actually re-name the car to just like for example:
"2016 Ford #66 Ford Racing GT Le Mans", when painted, the name will become "2016 Ford GT Le Mans Base Model" in order to avoid confusion.

You can download as many liveries as you want in advance, but you can insert them if you have the car assigned to the livery.

All sponsors from the entire series returning for the Livery Editor, including hundreds of new ones

Ability to paint windshields like in NFS 2015

Other Features:
The ability to rewind in Test Drive mode

Pre/post race screens in Test Drive mode

Ability to save an unlimited number of replays and photos

Movie director mode similar to Motorsport 3 and 4

Museum features related to every single car brand (GT5 style, only offline and will be updated when new manufacturers arrive through DLC)

Ability to choose player apparel for male or female characters (like in GT6)

Same leveling system as Motorsport 4, where you get credits, a choice of several free cars, and manufacturer affinity where this could not only let you get upgrade discounts but also discounts on cars from that brand as well (up to a 50% discount on cars and all upgrades free).

Pit stops must be available for AI as well and must feature actual pit crews and an interactive way of pitting in like in GT6

Numerous home spaces (like up to 25+ or 30 of them), containing the mansion garage in Motorsport 5, the hotel parking area in Rio de Janeiro (from Motorsport 6), the pit lane garage (also from Motorsport 6), as well as all of Motorsport 4's home spaces, re-mastered.

No more Unicorns/Community Bounty/Forzathon cars

No more Tokens

Drivatar overhaul in which they will no longer drive like wild, zoo animals that can be borderline annoying, idiotic and nearly impossible to avoid

Custom soundtrack support through Groove Music

Selecting between standing and rolling starts through Career mode

Fully adjustable HUD like in Project CARS

Ability to turn ghosts on or off

DLC Structure:
Similar to Driveclub where it's a complete season pass where you can get an abundance of content for a relatively low price (at least $19.99), which should cover 90% of all DLC packs, expansions and other content (not including VIP).

DLC (as well as digital purchase for the game) won't get de-listed after several years of being on the Xbox Store

Wheel Support:
Same wheels being supported for Motorsport 6: Apex and Horizon 3 for PC and console

Last edited:
It's just a small detail but a couple of different helmets and suits would be cool, I don't have the game so I don't know if there are more, but in every photo I see there's always the same helmet. They don't need to go crazy like GT with hundred of colors and shapes, just something to differentiate a bit.
IN FM6 The Helmet and suit automatically matches the car color. So there is no need to even be concerned with it. If T10 can't make custom Helmets better than Codemaster's F1 2016 then I hope they just leave it alone and focus on Day and Weather transition.

IN FM6 The Helmet and suit automatically matches the car color. So there is no need to even be concerned with it. If T10 can't make custom Helmets better than Codemaster's F1 2016 then I hope they just leave it alone and focus on Day and Weather transition.
Yes but Day and Weather transition is a much more complex feature than a couple of different textures for the same 3d object like an helmet or a race suit.

If that's what it takes, they can keep their dynamic weather. I'd much rather keep it 60fps, then have basically a novelty weather effect. It's a neat feature, but not worth losing frame rate over.

Save the helicopters, explosions et all for the Horizon crowd. Free the power.

I don't think 30fps will ever be acceptable in gaming again, expect optimisation at 90fps in prep for vr. It's the future, 4k etc is just a fad.

I don't think 30fps will ever be acceptable in gaming again, expect optimisation at 90fps in prep for vr. It's the future, 4k etc is just a fad.
Yeah I don't know about all that either, I don't think I'll ever strap that on my head for extensive playtime. I'll take a 55" big screen, over VR. I'm sure plenty people will though.

After playing FM6 some more it's increasingly apparent how much the Blueprint feature needs to make it's way into the Motorsports series. It took a few races to get used to rushing to the front in 3 laps instead of my usual 10-15 and wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable. I would like see them just copy what Grid Autosport did and have a standard career mode (with adjustable length) with a second mode for custom races and championships.

Especially when they're scripted like at Laguna Seca. :lol:

This is an expectations thread, not a wishlist one. Anybody that seriously expects even half of that list is fooling themselves.
After playing FM6 some more it's increasingly apparent how much the Blueprint feature needs to make it's way into the Motorsports series. It took a few races to get used to rushing to the front in 3 laps instead of my usual 10-15 and wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable. I would like see them just copy what Grid Autosport did and have a standard career mode (with adjustable length) with a second mode for custom races and championships.

Ah, so much this. Blueprint is deceptively powerful. It's the best of both worlds, IMO: people are (somewhat rightfully) bored of the usual GT/Forza style progression system, while others don't find PCARS/AC style all-access-all-the-time approaches challenging. Blueprint lets us design our own path, but easily enough that we actually want to.

This is an expectations thread, not a wishlist one. Anybody that seriously expects even half of that list is fooling themselves.

Ah, so much this. Blueprint is deceptively powerful. It's the best of both worlds, IMO: people are (somewhat rightfully) bored of the usual GT/Forza style progression system, while others don't find PCARS/AC style all-access-all-the-time approaches challenging. Blueprint lets us design our own path, but easily enough that we actually want to.
I wish they would bring back the grid style career they had in the older forzas, where certain squares would unlock as you got the right type of car for the event. I never did complete Forza 3's events, there were so many.

I do like the blueprints, for me though I found myself only driving a certain few cars, I like being "forced" to drive different cars. i wasn't a huge fan of Forza 6's career.

I would love if they put a focus on the motorsport of yesteryear, although admittedly that does seem like a thing that Gran Turismo is more likely to do.

I'd love to see classic layouts of familiar circuits, and circuits that haven't existed for decades, such as the Cuban Grand Prix circuit which hasn't been used since the 60's.

It would be amazing to run the Mille Miglia or the classic Paris-Dakar (the one that actually went from Paris to Dakar) although both of those would be so huge that they'd probably require their own dedicated game

I do like the blueprints, for me though I found myself only driving a certain few cars, I like being "forced" to drive different cars. i wasn't a huge fan of Forza 6's career.

I noticed the same thing, which is why I made my own career mode. I also have a goal of doubling each car's value in race winnings.

I've already started coming up with championship ideas in the event blueprint does make its way over.

I would love if they put a focus on the motorsport of yesteryear, although admittedly that does seem like a thing that Gran Turismo is more likely to do.

FM6 did a decent job at trying to include classic racers. Unfortunately in the attempt at covering as much as possible there are only a couple cars from each era and series.

If that's what it takes, they can keep their dynamic weather. I'd much rather keep it 60fps, then have basically a novelty weather effect. It's a neat feature, but not worth losing frame rate over.

To be honest, I'm not sure why they don't just add-in Dawn/Dusk timings (like Forza 4 had) to all the tracks. A good compromise I think, and a cheap way to "add" more tracks.

Pretty realistic expectation I think, but a lot of the FH3 cars that are new to the game would be cool in Motorsport. My examples are the Utes, Polaris side by side, and Meyer's Manx.

I don't expect them to do a dynamic weather/night cycle for FM7 but It'd be interesting to see what sacrifices they'd have to make to get there, perhaps a 900P resolution and less cars on track?

There are lots of things I would like to see added or changed in the Forza series but what I actually have come to expect is that they will take away 3 or 4 things I like, add 1 thing I like but not as much as what they removed and add 2 or 3 things that I never wanted at all.

I still think Forza 2 was the best Forza title to date. They really should have built on it rather than removing many of the features that made it great.

I'd love to see a cycled production hopper where instead of having fixed combos it's just completely random car/tracks, and then they could use a general rule for each track such as S class might do 4 laps at X circuit whereas A and below only do 3.

Also something like GT has where you can add ballast or restrict power would be a nice feature for online championships.

I'd love to see a cycled production hopper where instead of having fixed combos it's just completely random car/tracks, and then they could use a general rule for each track such as S class might do 4 laps at X circuit whereas A and below only do 3.

Also something like GT has where you can add ballast or restrict power would be a nice feature for online championships.

Ballast weight definitely should be an option.

Power restrictions would be nice if they did it right. GT dropped the ball on that big time using the power restrictions is basically just a giant cheat giving a very unrealistic power curve when used especially when using a lot of restriction on a high powered car power and torque curve are almost flat which of course makes the car out perform other cars that have that amount of power without using the restriction.

Hoping cars will not always have their headlights on and for there to be filtering over what cars can take part in a night race (single-player only, available for those who want to do it online), so that the AI won't pick and, supernaturally drive cars cleanly in pitch black darkness.

Also, I would love to choose my opponents more specifically in Free-Play, but that's more unlikely.

Although very unlikely, I'm hoping that they completely overhaul or rebuild their Forzatech engine. I want a fresh new physics engine with improved graphics. Perhaps then we might see new tuning options since we have had the same ones for a long time now.

Also if they add proper shifting animations I will eat a crow. Gran Turismo 4, 5, and 6 had this. Why would Turn10 go the lazy route?

More HUD customization, a proper soundtrack, less monotone voice from the lady speaker in the menu. Actual championships with points. I'd like to see a new wheel animation because the fake gear change animation is disturbing. And please an event creator :)
Overall, Forza 6 is already a very good game with not many flaws. I still prefer the GT vibe but Forza 6 is a game so well polished that I acknowledge it's the king of the next gen.

On Xbox 360 Forza was a bit limited in its scenarios compared to say GT5 which had rain, night, and snow, as well as its car list, track list, features and graphics, today though I feel Turn10 has great momentum in tandem with PG, the engine gets major upgrades with every new game, rain and night have been introduced, snow is being put in soon, the car list in FM6 is the best you can find on the market easily, the track list has improved dramatically as well with a lot great real tracks added which forza lacked in the past, clubs, storefront and auction house are hopefully back in FM7 as well. I feel that Turn10 is in position to blow us away next year if it plays its cards right with FM7 because all the pieces are in place. It has the potential to be the game people imagined GT5 would be but without the issues that plagued that game.
Cars - should launch with 600 on disc, maybe more if Porsche and NASCAR are included in the base game, plus of course around another 100 added after release. They could easily reach 1000 models or close to it by the end of this generation, plus the models are so good they wont need to throw them away anymore.
Tracks - fm5 launched with 14 tracks, fm6 with 26, if they maintain their productivity fm7 could have 38 tracks which is a lot to have fun with and improves replay value significantly.

Tracks - fm5 launched with 14 tracks, fm6 with 26, if they maintain their productivity fm7 could have 38 tracks which is a lot to have fun with and improves replay value significantly.

I just hope they spread out the tracks a little as I think we need more European, Asian and Australian tracks. I'm guessing the Honda tracks aren't very likely, but I would love to see Tsukuba return and possibly some lesser known tracks like Buriram, Okayama or SUGO.

I just hope they spread out the tracks a little as I think we need more European, Asian and Australian tracks. I'm guessing the Honda tracks aren't very likely, but I would love to see Tsukuba return and possibly some lesser known tracks like Buriram, Okayama or SUGO.
Was there ever an explanation for why we didn't get any Asian tracks in FM6? I read that every developer (besides the one this site is named for) has had issues securing Suzuka b/c of Honda, but Motegi? Tsukuba as you mentioned? Not even another fantasy track like Fujimi?

Was there ever an explanation for why we didn't get any Asian tracks in FM6? I read that every developer (besides the one this site is named for) has had issues securing Suzuka b/c of Honda, but Motegi? Tsukuba as you mentioned? Not even another fantasy track like Fujimi?

Motegi is owned by Honda as well, no clue what the reasoning is for excluding all Japanese/Asian tracks though.

Motegi is owned by Honda as well, no clue what the reasoning is for excluding all Japanese/Asian tracks though.
I've heard the occasional rumor that Super GT is having its own video game series developed and that's why the more popular Japanese tracks aren't appearing anywhere, but never seem to find any concrete info confirming it.

If they made an "almost-but-not-quite" version of Suzuka like pCARS did, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Heck, they had a bootleg version of Daytona for the longest time so it's not like they haven't done it before.

Money? Licensing coasts must be very high I think. Only And traveling to Japan can be something expensive with many staff members. Only iRacing and R3E have Suzuka and both of them have special pricing strategy.

IIRC, both T10 and Kunos have mentioned high prices for the Japanese courses, so there may be some weight to that rumour. National protectionism isn't a foreign concept to Japan either, if the automobile market is anything to go by.

My guess about Fujimi's continued absence is that, due to its size, it'd simply take too long to model to modern standards, and wouldn't be as useful as something the more typical length like Prague (nor does it offer as many variations without a serious rethink of the layout). The 'Ring is huge too, but it has that real-world cachet that makes it pretty much standard for inclusion these days — and even then, it seems a fair amount of people in online hoppers hate it.

If they made an "almost-but-not-quite" version of Suzuka like pCARS did, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Heck, they had a bootleg version of Daytona for the longest time so it's not like they haven't done it before.

I liked Sunset, it felt like a mix between Daytona and the 2.0 mile tracks. Plus the infield course was solid (It was based on California Speedway's infield).

Back