Expert Fuji 550 PP FWD only event, :00 :15 :30 :45

Discussion in 'GT5:P Online Racing' started by Paulie, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Paulie

Paulie Premium

I imagine this is where I will spend a lot of time, even though the PP limit is set too high for most average FWD cars. I will check back very soon with the times we can race at.:) Come on 147, show me some of that old magic..........

Edit: Cars run at the same speed as the old Fuji 550 on N3 tyres, amazing. Anyway, I'm glad to report my 147 is back in form :D serving it to some Integras already hah hah.:cheers:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  2. SteveO1965

SteveO1965

I just tried this race and i love it :) there were eight of us on the grid the other severn all being in integras, i started sixth (not in an Integra) and won by over eight seconds :tup:

3. GTP_JASE72

GTP_JASE72

Just as soon as I can wrench control of MY PS3 from the missus I'll be there.

4. SteveO1965

SteveO1965

Keep of the whisky then :)

5. GTP_JASE72

GTP_JASE72

:lol: Thats later. I'm on the Boddintons now

6. SteveO1965

SteveO1965

LOL :tup: Just had another great race Severn cars only two the same (integras), lost to GirlsTeam_Andrea in a Mini :crazy:

EDIT: Here is a dilemma, i have been racing the Focus on R1's with min weight and reduced power to get the PP's to 550, i have just tried S3's and find that i can get the same lap times in fact one lap was quicker, but here is the problem, on S3's i can use min weight and max power but the PP's will only reach 544 meaning i always start first, is this an unfair advantage?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  7. Paulie

Paulie Premium

What kind of lap times are you getting then? (Or is it in the lap time thread which I haven't checked yet). I was using R3 tyres for my 147 which seemed to be the fastest, but probably thanks to a lowsy power curve, the Focus I imagine would be more flexible. The way I see it, if lap times for you are always the same on S3s as to R1s, you should probably use the R1s. If however S3s are providing a clean cut definite speed advantage then I have no problem with it.:)

8. SteveO1965

SteveO1965

With R1's my fastest lap was a 1 53:235, with S3's it was a 1:54:179, but starting with S3's gives me a big advantage at the start because i always start first, with S3's my finnishing place is always better??

9. hornet_burnout

hornet_burnout

sorry for the bumps steve. Out of practice of driving around other people

10. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Then I'd say use R1 tyres please. Making your car slower to get a better grid position is generally not accepted in GTP time slots to my knowledge.

11. HAD2

HAD2

i've hit a 1.52 in the integra type R, & 1.53 in the focus ST,both with R1 tyres...they seem to be a close battle on the track though. :tup:

12. Paulie

Paulie Premium

You mean '53 for the Focus?:sly:

I've done 1'52.5 in the Focus, which my tune for is now released if anyone wants it.

13. HAD2

HAD2

:) lol yeh sorry 53 ha changed it now :tup:

14. SteveO1965

SteveO1965

No probs mate, it was not on purpose so dont worry :tup:
    I see what you mean but those times were my fastest lap times, in overall race times i find that the S3's are quicker and i prefer the feel of the S3's, so do i go back to R1's to please people and go at 550 or race on S3's at 544 and have fun and stil be competitive??

I know the rules and intentions of GTP but if this scenario crops up what am i to do??

15. HAD2

HAD2

1.52.2 in the focus then with alittle help by GTP_burnout by getting his slipsteam..
    nice race :tup:

16. hornet_burnout

hornet_burnout

Thanks

1.52.3 on the integra on R3/R1

Can be better, must not miss gears! :ouch:

Going on .15 with R1/S3...

17. HAD2

HAD2

that was an even better race.!!! could proberly squeeze a 1.51 out of the focus,:tup: my own tune too :)

18. hornet_burnout

hornet_burnout

Yes! Nice side by side, and loved the drag race :tup:

S3 on the rear without suspension adjustments was very hard... I'm sweating!

Going again

19. HAD2

HAD2

1.51 with the integra :sly: it just gets faster & faster haha

Anyway i'm off,be back tomorrow for some battles!!!

Great racing guys :tup:

ive had one of the best battles on here today with a Japanese, he was called tsuchia_keiichi & he spoke english alittle which was a bonus,hes a respectable driver,side by side all the way.i met him before ,but hes just come back on racing. great race!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  20. hornet_burnout

hornet_burnout

Yes, I saw it from behind after a few mistakes. Too bad he disconnected the next race on me when on lap 3 he saw he couldn't get back the 3,5 secs I had on him... did a 1.55 first lap and a 1.52.low on clean air. That's my best with R1 on Front and S3 on Rear.

I'm off too. Gonna take a peak to choose a RDW to tune and then to sleep.

Nice racing! I missed this

21. Stavingo

Stavingo

You thrashed my Integra with the ol' 147 tune yesterday

22. Paulie

Paulie Premium

In that case I have no idea what to do, in my eyes I don't care, you do what you wanna do, in other's eyes, I don't know......

Me? Thanks.:D Love that old 147.:dopey:

23. ante1982

ante1982

this morning i go with focus in the free run 1 50 9 my set up ist great car to drive.

24. Paulie

Paulie Premium

:eek: Insanely fast lap time. Makes me wonder where you get such speed.

25. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

i manage a 1.55.2xx on Fuji with the Alfa. Citroen, Focus and Integra are easily 2 seconds faster in hands of a good driver.

I just love the little alfa :)

26. hornet_burnout

hornet_burnout

Consistent 1.52 low on race, with mistakes and all. Easy to shave a second off if I can do a clean lap.

27. GTP_JASE72

GTP_JASE72

I'm with you there :tup:

Only managed 3 races then THE IN-LAWS turned up :grumpy:

28. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

;) I had the IN-LAWS yesterday :crazy:

You drive that time with the Alfa? If so, kudos ;)

29. SteveO1965

SteveO1965

Just had a great race with GirlsTeam_Andrea again, i asked her what tune she was using? she told me she had it from this Forum and it was the Lions Den tune, i just tried this tune and done my quickest lap yet in the Focus a 1:52:976, i cant believe there are guys that are two seconds quicker :ouch:

30. MarinaDiamandis

MarinaDiamandis Premium

Loving all these new events and especially this one (Go Kart-like fun!), but like with any event there are the idiots. So far i've been able to beat them in the corners (despite being smashed into and rammed a lot) but then they catch up on the straights and so the cycle continues.

A lot seem to be from novice events as their racing line and application of throttle/brakes is terrible.

Can't wait to try some of the tuner setups, will hopefully be able to leave the clowns standing!

Seeing a competitor purposefully swing away from your car and then into you to knock you wide of the apex is very frustrating.