F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
Just for fun:

This is the average tune, combining all of the knowledge from all eleven FITT tuners.
Google sheet comparisons: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E6f1NKEzsb9pbqC2TSzKZLA9y2QA-1PXPAbwJdV6AFA/edit?usp=sharing

SUSPENSION:
RIDE HEIGHT - 40/40
SPRINGS - 16.51/21.68
COMP - 4/4
EXT - 5/5
ARB - 4/4
CAMBER - 0.7/0.9
TOE - -0.17/0.20
BRAKES - 5/5
LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 9
ACCEL - 19
DECEL - 13
DOWNFORCE - 708/875

And this is an average of the current top five in the competition (@Bowtie-muscle @DolHaus @Motor City Hami @Otaliema and @Pete05). This tune should handle best of all by taking the best from the best. Anyone want to test it?

SUSPENSION:
RIDE HEIGHT - 40/40
SPRINGS - 16.32/21.98
COMP - 3/4
EXT - 6/5
ARB - 4/4
CAMBER - 0.2/0.2
TOE - -0.08/0.16
BRAKES - 5/6
LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 9
ACCEL - 18
DECEL - 15
DOWNFORCE - 744/911

I should also work up an averaged transmission, but the only way to do it would be to convert each gearbox to individual gear times the final drive, then reverse engineer it in the game.

Thoughts?
Gave the bottom tune a quick 5 laps, pretty good was .500 from my fastest time but with a proper trial there wouldn't be much in it

All cars tested for 20 laps,and another 5 after all were done, a DS3 controller using the sticks and auto.
Completely Stock
DC :7
Fifteen laps to get a feel for the car and consistency was not a feature,
Overall the car feels well planted on the track, I had trouble getting T1 consistently , T2 was easy to loose traction and T5 was only nailed once,it needs a little better turn in for me.

@bowtie-musc
Lap time;1.25.170;
DC;9.5
Impression of the tune;
Pretty good overall, ticks all the boxes, good traction throughout , carries good speed through the corners, reasonably safe when a wheel goes off the track

@DolHaus
Lap time; 1.24.703
DC;9.8
Impression of the tune;
A good ride right from the beginning , turn in was just the way I like it, throttle control needed for T2 and the rest were no problems, carries good speed throughout , good brakes even though you need them for only one spot, only three red laps out of twenty and I was up .600 at one stage and blew the last corner, well done.

@fordracer
Lap time; 1.25.835
DC;8.8
Impression of the tune;
Good traction, very little wheel spin anywhere , good turn in through the corners,transmission feels spot on, it felt good everywhere but just lacked the speed.

@Motor City Hami
Lap time; 1.24.315
DC;10
Impression of the tune;

I had just finished testing Fordracers car and changed to yours, I only got to do one lap before being interrupted and managed a 1.24.972 before retiring for the day,
Next morning it took around eight laps to get into the 24s, once I picked up my balls it all came together and got better and better, from the last corner to the start line it is so much quicker than most, well done.

@MrGrado
Lap time; 1.25.940
DC;8.5
Impression of the tune;
Good turn in through T 5,6 and 7, gets a little slippery at T 2, overall a good drive ,for me the gearing at T4 and 8 seem a bit sluggish but that could be an auto transmission thing.

@Otaliema
Lap time;1.25.612
DC;9
Impression of the tune;
It was good in parts for me, T1 and 5 gave me a hard time , I was never consistent there, it was really good through 2,4, 8 and 9 but not enough to gain that extra time.

@Pete05
Lap time; 1.24.897
DC;9.5
Impression of the tune;

Comfortable and easy to drive from the beginning,good turn in, easy to get the power down early, well done

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap time; 1.26.164
DC;8
Impression of the tune;
i spent a lot of time in the grass ,on the track the car rides well and flows through the corners nicely off throttle , I couldn't take the first right hander at the back straight without lifting off throttle or running off track , for me the front feels a bit light and lacks a bit of turn in.

@shaunm80
Lap time; 1.25.506
DC;9
Impression of the tune;
An easy drive, good turn in through the corners, confident taking T 5 flat every time, T2 and 4 needed throttle control otherwise the rear would loose traction, not very forgiving if a wheel got on the grass.

@sinof1337
Lap time; 1.26.042
DC;8.4
Impression of the tune;
I never really got into a rhythm with this one, T1 I was never consistent , T2 was easy to loose the rear and T5 was another I couldn't take flat out.

@xande1959
Lap time;1.25.915
8.5 DC;
Impression of the tune;
Overall the car felt pretty good when I got the right line , but that didn't happen as much as I would have liked. Very good grip and traction for the low aero, could do with more turn in.

Last edited:
@DolHaus
Lap time; 1.24.703
DC;9.8
Impression of the tune;
A good ride right from the beginning , turn in was just the way I like it, throttle control needed for T2 and the rest were no problems, carries good speed throughout , good brakes even though you need them for only one spot, only three red laps out of twenty and I was up .600 at one stage and blew the last corner, well done.
Thank you very much for testing and for the review :cheers: I'm glad you enjoyed the car and were able to get along with it despite its slightly unpredictable temper :lol: Sounds like we have a similar driving style 👍

All cars tested for 20 laps,and another 5 after all were done, a DS3 controller using the sticks and auto.
Completely Stock
Overall the car feels well planted on the track, I had trouble getting T1 consistently , T2 was easy to loose traction and T5 was only nailed once,it needs a little better turn in for me.

@bowtie-musc
Lap time;1.25.170;
DC;9.5
Impression of the tune;
Pretty good overall, ticks all the boxes, good traction throughout , carries good speed through the corners, reasonably safe when a wheel goes off the track

@DolHaus
Lap time; 1.24.703
DC;9.8
Impression of the tune;

@fordracer
Lap time; 1.25.835
DC;8.8
Impression of the tune;
Good traction, very little wheel spin anywhere , good turn in through the corners,transmission feels spot on, it felt good everywhere but just lacked the speed.

@Motor City Hami
Lap time; 1.24.315
DC;10
Impression of the tune;

I had just finished testing Fordracers car and changed to yours, I only got to do one lap before being interrupted and managed a 1.24.972 before retiring for the day,
Next morning it took around eight laps to get into the 24s, once I picked up my balls it all came together and got better and better, from the last corner to the start line it is so much quicker than most, well done.

@MrGrado
Lap time; 1.25.940
DC;8.5
Impression of the tune;
Good turn in through T 5,6 and 7, gets a little slippery at T 2, overall a good drive ,for me the gearing at T4 and 8 seem a bit sluggish but that could be an auto transmission thing.

@Otaliema
Lap time;1.25.612
DC;9
Impression of the tune;
It was good in parts for me, T1 and 5 gave me a hard time , I was never consistent there, it was really good through 2,4, 8 and 9 but not enough to gain that extra time.

@Pete05
Lap time; 1.24.897
DC;9.5
Impression of the tune;

Comfortable and easy to drive from the beginning,good turn in, easy to get the power down early, well done

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap time; 1.26.164
DC;8
Impression of the tune;
i spent a lot of time in the grass ,on the track the car rides well and flows through the corners nicely off throttle , I couldn't take the first right hander at the back straight without lifting off throttle or running off track , for me the front feels a bit light and lacks a bit of turn in.

@shaunm80
Lap time; 1.25.506
DC;9
Impression of the tune;
An easy drive, good turn in through the corners, confident taking T 5 flat every time, T2 and 4 needed throttle control otherwise the rear would loose traction, not very forgiving if a wheel got on the grass.

@sinof1337
Lap time; 1.26.042
DC;8.4
Impression of the tune;
I never really got into a rhythm with this one, T1 I was never consistent , T2 was easy to loose the rear and T5 was another I couldn't take flat out.

@xande1959
Lap time;1.25.915
8.5 DC;
Impression of the tune;
Overall the car felt pretty good when I got the right line , but that didn't happen as much as I would have liked. Very good grip and traction for the low aero, could do with more turn in.
A huge thanks to my Aussie brother macdog54 for running so many laps in testing :bowdown: That's certainly a dedicated approach :cheers: I'm glad you liked my tune too 👍

@Motor City Hami
Lap time; 1.24.315
DC;10
Impression of the tune;

Thank you for the great review.

Sorry it gave you issues in T1 and T5. If you get a chance take the revamp out for a spin. Will be much more to your liking.

Is this the most DC rating of 10 anyone has got?
As for GT6 FITT yes this is far and away the most 10's we have seen.
@Motor City Hami would know if anyone in a GT5 FITT events as he is the only active FITT from the majority(if not all) of GT5 FITT events.

Updated Rankings.

BrandsHatch 80's GP Lap Time

1 Motor City Hami 1:24.251 +00.000
2 DolHaus 1:24.748 +0.497
3 Otaliema 1:24.760 +0.509
4 Pete05 1:24.795 +0.543
5 Bowtie-muscle 1:24.872 +0.620

BrandsHatch 80's GP DC Score

1 Motor City Hami 9.50
2 Bowtie-muscle 9.46
3 shaunm80 9.24
4 DolHaus 9.15
5 MrGrado 8.98

WSR BrandsHatch 80's GP
1:22.882; Motor City Hami's tune Driven By Pete05
Most Consistent OdeFinn 1.217
Fastest Average Pete05 84.107

@Bowtie-muscle @DolHaus @fordracer @Motor City Hami @MrGrado @Otaliema @Pete05 @Ridox2JZGTE @shaunm80
@sinof1337 @xande1959

Updated Rankings.

BrandsHatch 80's GP Lap Time

1 Motor City Hami 1:24.251 +00.000
2 DolHaus 1:24.748 +0.497
3 Otaliema 1:24.760 +0.509
4 Pete05 1:24.795 +0.543
5 Bowtie-muscle 1:24.872 +0.620

BrandsHatch 80's GP DC Score

1 Motor City Hami 9.50
2 Bowtie-muscle 9.46
3 shaunm80 9.24
4 DolHaus 9.15
5 MrGrado 8.98

WSR BrandsHatch 80's GP
1:22.882; Motor City Hami's tune Driven By Pete05
Most Consistent OdeFinn 1.217
Fastest Average Pete05 84.107

@Bowtie-muscle @DolHaus @fordracer @Motor City Hami @MrGrado @Otaliema @Pete05 @Ridox2JZGTE @shaunm80
@sinof1337 @xande1959
I knew this competition would be close but If you look at those lap times & exclude Hami's freaky fast tune, the gaps between 2nd & 5th are a lot closer than I imagined they would ever be in my wildest dreams.

As for GT6 FITT yes this is far and away the most 10's we have seen.
@Motor City Hami would know if anyone in a GT5 FITT events as he is the only active FITT from the majority(if not all) of GT5 FITT events.

I feel a little uncomfortable answering that question since it pertains to my tune. But, no we have not had a tune dominate both lap time and DC like this before. It's usually three or four fast tunes that swap positions after each test driver. Normally, tunes will fit better with some test drivers and less so for others. Super surprised that my tune has been fastest for almost everyone. I did not expect that. And, having a half second gap, this deep into test drivers is highly unusual for the current group of tuners. I must have landed on just the right combination of settings. To be honest, a bit of skill combined with a bit of luck.

I knew this competition would be close but If you look at those lap times & exclude Hami's freaky fast tune, the gaps between 2nd & 5th are a lot closer than I imagined they would ever be in my wildest dreams.

That is crazy close. It just shows how good everyone is now. A year ago I would enter a competition looking to beat @praiano63 or finish 2nd. Now I look forward to the battle for the podium. If I can finish top five with today's group, I'm happy.

Nice job MC Hami. Might be that real life Miata driving. Makes me regret not entering. :D

Also makes me want to drive your car to see if I can beat my own time/tune of 22.6… in fact I think I will now that I'm limbered up.

An hour later… and I'm going against the grain…

Transmission is too short. Misses out on torque and doesn't pull. Also misses out on the cool engine noise unless I short shift. :D

Rear end is ready to come around at any point so I'm cautious but willing to test it. Unfortunately for me that resulted in numerous failed attempts. So, I reigned myself back in a little but only managed a :23.568, which felt like a pace lap. So I pushed more, and failed. And I'm not talking about 10 laps. I did 26 because I very much wanted to understand why this car was getting so many DC scores of 10. But, it never came to me. :indiff:

Back to my car real quick to see if I was the problem and on lap 2 I went .312 faster with less effort. Then stopped, then typed this out.

I did 26 because I very much wanted to understand why this car was getting so many DC scores of 10. But, it never came to me.
I understand your frustration on that. I didn't understand it my self, but his car like mine rewards the brave and punishes the insaine, need to back off the entry and go for the exit with his car.
85% of the drivers in the game take it easy at entry and go for broke on exit and that for me is what got it work. I couldn't hold a super lap with it, as I would start pushing it hard at the tail end of the lap and spin it in T9.

That's just it, I can't carry the entry speed. In this car, on this track, you barely need to slow down. Granted we might be talking about 1-2 mph but on exit that's enough to eventually add up in the end to tenths of a second.

On his car I was happy to see all the aero added. Thinking, okay, this will be good, because I like a lot of downforce. The diff settings are strange and not my personal style. But the back was too stiff for me. I won't give it a DC rating because I've not driven the other cars, but that's not a 10 for me.

Completely Stock

@shaunm80
Lap time; 1.25.506
DC;9
Impression of the tune;
Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed the tune :)

Completely Stock

@bowtie-musc
Lap time;1.25.170;
DC;9.5
Impression of the tune;

@DolHaus
Lap time; 1.24.703
DC;9.8
Impression of the tune;

@fordracer
Lap time; 1.25.835
DC;8.8
Impression of the tune;

@Motor City Hami
Lap time; 1.24.315
DC;10
Impression of the tune;

@MrGrado
Lap time; 1.25.940
DC;8.5
Impression of the tune;

@Otaliema
Lap time;1.25.612
DC;9
Impression of the tune;

@Pete05
Lap time; 1.24.897
DC;9.5
Impression of the tune;

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap time; 1.26.164
DC;8
Impression of the tune;

@shaunm80
Lap time; 1.25.506
DC;9
Impression of the tune;

@sinof1337
Lap time; 1.26.042
DC;8.4
Impression of the tune;

@xande1959
Lap time;1.25.915
8.5 DC;
Impression of the tune;
Thank you very much for testing, hope you enjoyed all those laps in these tunes. Better lap than my best also 👍. Thought mine was built for consistency, and hoped litle gained every lap would help, did it in your opinion?

Thank you very much for testing, hope you enjoyed all those laps in these tunes. Better lap than my best also 👍. Thought mine was built for consistency, and hoped litle gained every lap would help, did it in your opinion?
To answer your question about consistency, I just went back to my notes from the testing session I did in your tune & I feel it's no stretch of the imagination to suggest I could lap all day in the 24:0 - 24:5 bracket quite comfortably. It's only when you aim for sub 24's that things get a little scrappy.

To answer your question about consistency, I just went back to my notes from the testing session I did in your tune & I feel it's no stretch of the imagination to suggest I could lap all day in the 24:0 - 24:5 bracket quite comfortably. It's only when you aim for sub 24's that things get a little scrappy.
Thanks

Gentlemen, the official testing deadline has now passed.
One tester's results are still outstanding at this stage so, I've given them a 24 hour grace period to tie up any loose ends.
I will be announcing the winners at around this time tomorrow night.

Testing can will be open as soon as Tuning closes and open until 6pm 30th September AEST

Gentlemen, the official testing deadline has now passed.
One tester's results are still outstanding at this stage so, I've given them a 24 hour grace period to tie up any loose ends.
I will be announcing the winners at around this time tomorrow night.

I thought testing closed on Wednesday unless I missed a message from somewhere along the way? If I did, ignore this message :)

Latest Posts

Back