F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
Just say its Wednesday in Australia and then go off on a long, drawn out rant about how they don't explain time zones in school any more :lol:
:lol:
Yeah well AEST is only 2 hours behind the international date line & we start daylight saving next weekend. In a month or so it'll start getting light just after 5am & won't get dark until after 9pm. Crazy planet we live on.

:lol:
Yeah well AEST is only 2 hours behind the international date line & we start daylight saving next weekend. In a month or so it'll start getting light just after 5am & won't get dark until after 9pm. Crazy planet we live on.
I might have to head south for the winter, its getting darker earlier and colder with every passing day, feeling very autumnal at the moment

I thank all testers for their dedication. I learned a lot in this event. the transmission can greatly improve your setup. tested the transmission of Hami in my car improved my time 0: 01.300.
I congratulate the organizers:bowdown::cheers:👍
Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you learnt something from the experience. This will serve you well in future competitions. When everyone is using the same car, every little advantage you can find will be vital in the end results. In any car with a narrow powerband, getting your gear ratios spaced correctly will make a huge difference as you've found out with your car. You changed one thing & found 1.300 seconds.

Testing

@DolHaus DC 9.5
1:23.530
A bit of a dog when it's not driven in it's sweet zone. What saves this tune is, the sweet zone is found driving it at ten tenths! Need to be in the zone driving this with DS3, but boy it's fast!

@Motor City Hami DC 9
1:23.717
Can oversteer on corner entry. Better in high speed corners than low speed corners. Vague feeling at the limit. Doesn't like kerbs. Second last corner can be difficult. Has got potential to go faster, it's just difficult to get with DS3. Great gearbox.

@Otaliema DC 10
1:23.914
Really nice tune. Very good from the braking point to corner apex. You can really hunt apexes and chase after a hot lap time. Good grip and great balance.

@MrGrado DC 9.25
1:24.047
Needs some tweaks. Fairly fast but misbehaves almost at random but occasionally will go through almost any bend as good as any other tune.

@Pete05 DC 9.75
1:24.061
Has a really good 3rd gear for the 3rd gear bends. Good on bumps. Fast tune. For me it seemed to drive a little bit similar to my tune, I think LSD and toe settings are the reasons why. Not nearly as misbehaving as my tune though. Good grip and well balanced.

@Bowtie-muscle DC 8.75
1:24.161
A decent enough tune. Very easy to drive. It just feels a bit vanilla to drive, would need some adjustment to become wicked fast.

@shaunm80 DC 8
1:24.515
This tune will go through some corners very, very nicely. It drives nice overally, it's just missing something to feel really great or to get a few more tenths out of the laps.

@fordracer DC 8.25
1:24.888
Stable. Needs to be more nimble to be faster. Good on kerbs.

@sinof1337 DC 7.5
1:25.032
Speed in corners too low.

@Ridox2JZGTE DC 7.5
1:25.275
Fast in a straight line. Speed in corners too low.

@xande1959 DC 7.5
1:25.938
Good levels of grip just not available. I was having to come off the throttle between apex and exit quite a bit.

Results Complete!

Tested with DS3 (stick and triggers, sensitivity max). MT. ABS zero.
Thank you very much for testing and for the review :cheers: Glad you were able to find the sweet spot, I think the car was a bit too unforgiving for a lot of drivers but very happy to see some exceptional times from the faster guys 👍

@Otaliema DC 10
1:23.914
Really nice tune. Very good from the braking point to corner apex. You can really hunt apexes and chase after a hot lap time. Good grip and great balance.
Very happy to see you had a great time in the car and fantastic time with it.
I'll get your results loaded into the sheet in about half hour.

Final results & summary have been posted at post #4 on page 1 of this thread.

Thank you to all who entered & took part :bowdown:
Thank you for hosting. You did a fantastic job and picked a car which has given us testers a lot of fun. I never knew this car could be tuned in so many ways and still feel amazing to drive. Great job to all the tuners and congrats to the winner @Motor City Hami and also to the other podium finishers @DolHaus @Otaliema and @Bowtie-muscle

It was very close throughout the competition and I feel privileged that my tune managed to come 4th in DC with the tough and talented competition in this challenge. I look forward to drawing sword with you all again in the future. :)

Thank you @Pete05 for making this event so enjoyable. I hope to see you hosting another event in the future.

Thank you for hosting. You did a fantastic job and picked a car which has given us testers a lot of fun. I never knew this car could be tuned in so many ways and still feel amazing to drive. Great job to all the tuners and congrats to the winner @Motor City Hami and also to the other podium finishers @DolHaus @Otaliema and @Bowtie-muscle

It was very close throughout the competition and I feel privileged that my tune managed to come 4th in DC with the tough and talented competition in this challenge. I look forward to drawing sword with you all again in the future. :)

Thank you @Pete05 for making this event so enjoyable. I hope to see you hosting another event in the future.
Thanks Shaun for those kind words & I'm really glad you enjoyed the car. I was hoping for a close competition & I think we've just witnessed exactly that.
I definitely look forward to hosting another competition in the future.

FINAL RESULTS & SUMMARY

WSR F3 at BrandsHatch 80's GP Google sheet

FASTEST LAP POINTSCORE

1. @Motor City Hami 112
2. @DolHaus 89
=3. @Otaliema 78
=3. @Pete05 78
5. @Bowtie-muscle 67
6. @shaunm80 54
7. @MrGrado 49
8. @fordracer 19
9. @Ridox2JZGTE 18
10. @xande1959 16
11. @sinof1337 14

DRIVER'S CHOICE POINTS

1. Motor City Hami 107
2. Bowtie-muscle 90
3. Otaliema 82
4. DolHaus 75
5. Shaunm80 65
6. MrGrado 62
7. Pete05 55
8. Ridox2JZGTE 36
9. Fordracer 31
10. Sinof1337 24
11. Xande1959 22

Brands Hatch 80's GP Lap time

1. Motor City Hami 1:24:192
2. DolHaus 1:24:613 +0.421
3. Otaliema 1:24:666 +0.474
4. Pete05 1:24:713 +0.521
5. Bowtie-muscle 1:24:793 +0.601

Brands Hatch 80's GP DC

1. Motor City Hami 9.44
2. Bowtie-muscle 9.38
3. DolHaus 9.19
4. shaunm80 9.10
5. Otaliema 9.08

Fastest testing lap:
1:22:882 Motor City Hami by Pete05

Most consistent tuner:
1.217 OdeFinn

Fastest average tuner:
1:24:107 Pete05
Congratulations to @Motor City Hami, you built one hell of a car there, I only wish I'd made mine a little more consistent so I could have taken the fight to you better but a crushing victory none the less. :bowdown: 👍
Congratulations also to @Bowtie-muscle and @Otaliema on taking the other podium spots :cheers:

A big thank you to @Pete05 for organising and running one of the most interesting contests in a long while, really was a pleasure to be a part of and I look forward to what you can come up with in future :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Edit: I almost forgot to thank the testers, without you guys this would all be pointless so thank you for helping to make this all possible 👍

Last edited:
Congratulations to @Motor City Hami, you built one hell of a car there, I only wish I'd made mine a little more consistent so I could have taken the fight to you better but a crushing victory none the less. :bowdown: 👍
Congratulations also to @Bowtie-muscle and @Otaliema on taking the other podium spots :cheers:

A big thank you to @Pete05 for organising andrunning one of the most interesting contests in a long while, really was a pleasure to be a part of and I look forward to what you can come up with in future :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Edit: I almost forgot to thank the testers, without you guys this would all be pointless so thank you for helping to make this all possible 👍
It'll take something special to top this competition for closeness but I'm working on a few ideas ;)

Speaking of closeness, this would be the first event with so many fast testers getting similar results. The fastest laps, per tune, are shared between 4 testers!
It certainly was close. A lot closer than I ever dreamed and that includes Hami's runaway win. Mere hundreds of a second separating the gaps between tunes after being exploited to the max by 9 different testers :eek:

Report #163
I hope i can find some good racers to have good time on F3 ?? I know also 3-5 People who are interested for a real clean fair Championship. Im several times at week online but i never met you m8tes ?? this is my first time here i signed up 5 min before.. hope u can help me.. im allready member in your community in gt6lobby .. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag:

Thank u i hope i will find something im ready to drive 💡
If you read the first post in this thread on page 1, you will see how a FITT competition works.
If you would like to race online against other competitors, you will have to check the other forums here on GT Planet that specialize in that particular subject.
I don't race online myself but I do know there was a F3 Championship happening, although I'm not sure if it's still available.

Back