F1 2011 do you plan to get it?

Hi Bye Ya. Ooooh I sounded strangely Asian then, anyhow.

What wheel and what system you running mate?

Has the FF improved.

Cheers.

I'm using a G27 on the PS3. I have a very specific way that I run the FFB, so others will be better to discuss that with. I personally think the knocks you feel in the wheel in F1 games are strange, and too loud for my tastes. The big thing I've noticed in F1 2011 is that in a turn if you have to steer past a certain angle there is a clip and a feeling of release. I improved it a bit by changing some of the feedback settings, but it appears that it's something that I/we will have to get used to this year.

Graphics took a noticeable step down, and unfortunately it's most noticeable in cockpit view. Just seems like there are less pixels to the white lines on the edge of the track. Also the new Nürburgring track has an almost non-existent racing line.

I don't want to sound too negative, the game seems like a lot of fun, and I just started playing it. Those are just some things that jumped out at me. Take what I've mentioned with a grain of salt until all of us have had more time to play the game.

It's definitely different than 2010, but not that much. The FFB on the wheel is really shaky, I'm still getting it set up. But I can tell you that KERS and DRS are huge deals in this game. KERS is an insane boost, probably a bit unrealistic really. You will definitely have to develop a skill to shift, activate DRS, AND activate KERS all at the same time to get anywhere on the time trial leader boards.

Not that much? The cars are a lot more nervous when traveling at low speeds now, driving in the rain is treacherous, and everything as a whole is far more livelier now than they were in 2010. It's taken me all of, what, an hour to get accustomed to everything and I'm still struggling trying to keep the car as straightforward as possible.

The FFB was a problem for me at first too as was the response in relation to wheel radius; that can be fixed by getting the steering saturation to 0%.

I think there may already be a bug of sorts -- you can't get any of the advanced wheel settings up to 100%, despite there being that bit of extra space for it. It may be purposeful but then again it might not be. I just find it just a bit odd that it can only go up to 95%.

I haven't been playing F1 2010, I've been on F1 CE lately, so that's probably why we have different perceptions of the handling. I'm sort of in limbo with that at the moment from being in between games and physics.

Thanks mate, the FF clip is probably meant to simulate the loss of front grip after going past a certain steering angle relative to speed.

I have both Xbox and PS3, last years version was noticeably better on Xbox. ( I had both versions ). I also have a GT2 for the Xbox.

The G27 is a better wheel for F1 though due to a superior paddle shifter. Simple yet great tactile feel and audible shifting sounds from the micro switch.

The benchmark track in any F1 for me is Monaco, last years version had slowdown around the end of the lap.
Oddly Practise and Qualifying seemed to be worse than the actual race, for me anyhow.

Wonder if anyone has tried Monaco yet on the PS3 and can comment on there findings.

I haven't been playing F1 2010, I've been on F1 CE lately, so that's probably why we have different perceptions of the handling. I'm sort of in limbo with that at the moment from being in between games and physics.

Ah. My apologies then.

Just went around Monaco again and it's fairly easy to get times within the 1:12 range with the obvious chassis'. Once I'm able to toy around with KERS and DRS I'll be in business and be able to start a career.

For the time being, I'm just hotlapping in a far better F1 2010. :P

Your on PC, right T?

Seen footage off the PC. With a stable high frame rate I bet this game is the nutz.

I'll go check it out. What do you mean by the "slow down"?

Lol, currently #4 on Monza for a VERY short period of time I would assume. But hey, no assists used at least. I like that they have that shown on the leader boards, too bad it doesn't seem like you can filter the results though.

Bye Ya
I'll go check it out. What do you mean by the "slow down"?

No rush mate, enjoy your game first.

Slowdown is basically a stutter in framerates.
Running at 30fps (frames per second) the visuals will look smooth(ish).

When things get busy and the PS3 has to do a lot of work (graphics/calculations) the visuals can take a dip in extreme circumstances.
The screen basically stutters to keep up.

Don't worry you'll know when/if you see it.
Monaco is probably the most taxing on the systems resources. If it's anywhere, it's on that track.

I don't know. When I wanted to get DIRT 3, I went to the place that sold the computer to me, and the guy showed me how to access the specs of my computer, but I can't remember how to do it.

But I do know it comfortably handles DIRT 3 (I only get a decrease in frame rate when I play for too long and/or push too hard), and F1 2011's specs don't look wildly different to DIRT 3's.

These are the specs for F1 2011 and DIRT 3:

F1 2011
Intel CPU - Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz
AMD CPU - Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
Nvidia GFX Card - GeForce GTS 240
ATI GFX Card - Radeon HD 6570
RAM (Memory) - 4 GB
Hard Disk Space - 12.5 GB
Direct X - 9

DIRT 3
Intel CPU - Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz
AMD CPU - Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
Nvidia GFX Card - GeForce GT 430
ATI GFX Card - Radeon X1800 Series 256MB
RAM (Memory) - 3 GB
Hard Disk Space - 15 GB
Direct X - 9

My computer can comfortably handle DIRT 3. Assuming that a higher number for each requirement means a superior part is needed, I'd say I should be okay.

That's it, thank you:

xkw46u.png

This is me. I do know it's a bit misleading; it has a quad-core prcessor rather than the dual-core demanded.

Could you click on the display tab and then take another screenshot? That'll allow us to see the graphics card you're using.

Hmm... I'm not sure how well it'd run. Ask T12, he tends to know what he's doing :P

My educated assumption is that it'd have to be run on lower than average settings.

Well, both DIRT 3 and F1 2011 were both developed with the EGO Engine, and hey were developed concurently. I can't imagine the differences would be wild; from the looks of things, I'm only one model of video card behind the optimal one. It's not like I'm running it on hardware three years out of date.

I'm getting it, since I enjoyed F1 2010 a lot. I decided to get it from Amazon, since I had $20 credit, that I could put towards it. One drawback is, that they didn't offer Release Date Shipping, and no, I don't have Amazon Prime. So they estimated it arriving on Monday. Hopefully it'll come sooner.

LMSCorvetteGT2
I guess my next question to you good people would be what format will you get the game on?

Good question, as I am another disappointed costumer of the F1 2010 game on the PS3, I was more disappointed that I didn't get on the PC, especially when I have a PC that would have run the game at max details.

I realized later on that almost all of the showcase vids/reviews I have seen were from the far superior version of the PC,,,, at least graphically and frame rate (don't know how well the gameplay and physics is on the PC compared to the consoles)...

Maybe this time I'll move my playseats setup closer to the PC and just get that version

Latest Posts

Back