F1 2011 do you plan to get it?

Joking or not, accusing someone of being a troll - especially when they're not - is a good way to start a flame war, and incur the wrath of the moderators.

Well, we should - because you're demonstrating a lack of understanding.

So do you - now it's getting a bit childish, uh? :)

The replay thing is true, tho. The rather fixed cameras in 2010 took a lot of action out of the replays, so that they looked like someone with a steadycam stood by the track. Having all cars on ghost would suck as well, where's the racing in that? That'd merely be time trial with barely visible opponents.

I'd say that a core change to the gameplay would be the updated suspension they've implemented. Hopefully you can now go over Kerbs and not be spun round!

That for me will be a core change to the gameplay because i'll actually be able to attack a circuit

I'd say that a core change to the gameplay would be the updated suspension they've implemented. Hopefully you can now go over Kerbs and not be spun round!

That for me will be a core change to the gameplay because i'll actually be able to attack a circuit

That's not necessarily realistic though. If you want to be able to attack a curb, raise your ride height. Did you not see when Massa spun out at the Monza chicane simply by running over the curb? Some curbs are higher than others, and setting your ride height to suit the curbs of the track you want to attack is part of the racing strategy.

That's not necessarily realistic though. If you want to be able to attack a curb, raise your ride height. Did you not see when Massa spun out at the Monza chicane simply by running over the curb? Some curbs are higher than others, and setting your ride height to suit the curbs of the track you want to attack is part of the racing strategy.

Massa spun because he got tapped by Webber, not because his ride height was too low. Anyway, in last years game you couldn't go onto the Kerbs whatever your ride height, it'd upset the balance of the car and spin off.

I didn't say he spun because his ride height was too low. He was hit, ran over the chicane and spun, regardless of his ride height it wasn't Webber that spun him out, it was going over the chicane that did it.

I remember singapore and the last chicane in barcelona being the worse for spinning out on curbs, was always really careful over them , never attacked them in a race only in quali, normally i hate flashbacks but after some frustating spins they come in handy :)

There;s no doubt the low speed handling & kerb handling in 2010 was especially bad, with unexpected spins galore. :sly:

Anybody who driven a go-kart around some tight corners knows you can feel the car loosing grip on different surfaces, you can feel the car starting to slide, etc. Cars dont just go away without warning, unless your hit or your driving on ice/snow. :dopey:

The 2011 version looks more user friendly, more like GT5 and less like F1 2010.

I for one plan on picking it up on launch day. September 20 :) Took the day off just to have the day to myself to see how different it is from 2010. Every indication thus far says it's a noticeable improvement forward from the 2010 game and I loved 2010, despite any flaws pointed out by the nit picky, yet correct critics.

Does anyone know the following?
1. Does Codemasters sell more copies through PS3, XBOX360 or PC??
( I would suspect PC is 3rd, just because PC games in general don't sell like console games)

2. How many people use wheels compared to hand controllers?

I also still loved the 2010 game, despite the bugs. It was just that damned pit stop bug that was a real game braking issue when it occurred.

I plan to get it on PS3 but depending on where the most online races take place or a championship series that is what I'll race on. I also think the racing will be just as fun no matter what you decide the format to play the game on.

I also still loved the 2010 game, despite the bugs. It was just that damned pit stop bug that was a real game braking issue when it occurred.

Just as bad as that one was when sometimes the ai wouldn't pit if you happened to use a flashback when they were entering the pits and then just go on to win miles ahead, but to be fair the patch did fix that one.

I hated it in DIRT 3. Not because I didn't find it useful, but because it was too close to a trigger button that I had assigned to another function, so I kept bumping it at the wrong moment. In the end, I reassigned it to an obscure button that I couldn't accidentally bump (select, I think), but it was a real pain. DIRT 3 wanted you to have the flashback function ready at hand (the controls are super-sensitive in your first race, so you always crash heavily on the same corner to trigger a flashback tutorial), so every time I reassigned a certain fucntion to a particular button, the flashback kept reverting back to a more prominent-button. In the end, I had to calibrate the functions in a particular order so that flashback jumped to the most-prominent button function available, stacking things so that the select button was the most prominent left over when flashback jumped. It took me half an hour just to set the buttons up the way I liked them.

It's really useful when the AI is messing up...like an HRT going straight into the pack right after the start in Monza. :scared:

:sly: Haha. Honestly it wasn't an elitist thing, I just turned it off when I got the game and never really thought about it.

Been playing F1 CE lately, such a great game! Better than F1 2010, I think.

I still plan on getting it, but not at release like I thought originally. Too busy with other games I bought already but haven't touched. Eventually though.

Bye Ya
:sly: Haha. Honestly it wasn't an elitist thing, I just turned it off when I got the game and never really thought about it.

Been playing F1 CE lately, such a great game! Better than F1 2010, I think.

Rented f1 ce twice never bought it tho ,never see it for under 30 quid even after years of its release, great game tho loved the camera that was offset to the side looked great in the rain.

Playing that way has definitely made life "harder" for me, but that's how I like to play the game. :dopey:

More longevity. :grumpy:

Does anyone know how much the frame rate improves? 2010 was kind of sluggish 30fps but 2011 youtube video showing GT5 frame rate around 60 fps. Is my assumption correct?

Yes have been looking forward to this game for ages, seen lots of videos and looks a lot sharper than previous game, and I liked that one too.

game releases @ midnight tonight for me, but ill pick it up in the morning. Ill let you guys know how it is!

LMSCorvetteGT2
From what has been said on here from the few that have it...you cant treat it like F1 2010, it is a challenge this time around.

Excellent, although barcelona was a challenge already :)

It's definitely different than 2010, but not that much. The FFB on the wheel is really shaky, I'm still getting it set up. But I can tell you that KERS and DRS are huge deals in this game. KERS is an insane boost, probably a bit unrealistic really. You will definitely have to develop a skill to shift, activate DRS, AND activate KERS all at the same time to get anywhere on the time trial leader boards.

Back