F1 2011

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 875 comments
Ireland
Ireland
The__Luke
We will be getting a look at the game at the Australian Grand Prix.
http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/01/f1-2011-info-to-drop-prior-to-melbourne-season-opener/
The news follows a report last night by a Dutch journalist on Twitter that 3DS and NGP versions of this year’s iteration were in development alongside PS3 and 360. His tweet was picked up by Codemasters Benelux and retweeted.

This morning, Codies has told us that it’ll start confirming details for the 2011 version “prior” to the Australian Grand Prix on the weekend of March 24 in Melbourne.

“We’re locking everything into place right now and will drop the info bomb on FORMULA ONE in 2011 immediately prior to the season start in Melbourne, confirming the full format line up, release date and headline features,” the publisher told VG247 in an email.

“We’ll also be inviting players to ask the dev team anything, which may lead to being featured in future dev diary videos, and offering some the chance to get in-studio and have early hands-on during development.”

F1 2010 released last September for PS3, 360 and PC. It was the first number one title for the sport since Sony held the rights with Foruma One 2001.

It seems pretty early. I'm hoping for a release in June or July. Possible? Hopefully:).

Nah, June/July is too early think of the FIFA series they always release the game in early October so it's more likely to be released to September.

Nah, June/July is too early think of the FIFA series they always release the game in early October so it's more likely to be released to September.

Think of the FIFA series is released at the start of the season.
Unfortunatley it's not possible to release an F1 game at the start of the season but they can recycle the game from last year while adding the new cars and hopefully stuff people wished for. The Indian GP might be trouble though.:guilty:

akmuq
Think of the FIFA series is released at the start of the season.
Unfortunatley it's not possible to release an F1 game at the start of the season but they can recycle the game from last year while adding the new cars and hopefully stuff people wished for. The Indian GP might be trouble though.:guilty:

I meant that the FIFA series is consistantly realeased at the same time every year, F1 2010 was realeased late September (29th if I'm correct) and it will be likely realeased at the same time this year.

Either way I can't wait to hear some news! The thing with F1 is it takes time for them to model all of the cars because they change so much throughout the season. Also there are a few spanners in the works this year with the re-introduction of KERS, the introduction of the adjustable rear wing and the Indian Grand Prix, and of course the cancellation of the bahrain Grand Prix.

But I hope it comes out a bit earlier than F1 2010 did

Either way I can't wait to hear some news! The thing with F1 is it takes time for them to model all of the cars because they change so much throughout the season. Also there are a few spanners in the works this year with the re-introduction of KERS, the introduction of the adjustable rear wing and the Indian Grand Prix, and of course the cancellation of the bahrain Grand Prix.

But I hope it comes out a bit earlier than F1 2010 did
I really hope they keep Bahrain in the game even though it was cancelled in real life. I'd love the be able to play the different layout since they were going to change it for this year.

I really hope they keep Bahrain in the game even though it was cancelled in real life. I'd love the be able to play the different layout since they were going to change it for this year.

I'd say it's pretty likely that Bahrain is in the game weather it takes place or not. I hope it is a anyways because the esses after turn 4 were good fun in F1 2009 when they had that layout.👍

It will be interesting to see what they do with the rear wing thing as the FIA doesn't even know what they are going to do with it.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the rear wing thing as the FIA doesn't even know what they are going to do with it.

I'd say they don't know either.:lol:
If it gets banned mid-season it might be made optional in arcade.
Is there another button handy on the wheel which could be used for it I wonder?

Oh yeah I forgot I'm using a DFGT so that means I'm going to have to use circle and triangle for my kers and wing. Or better would be the R and L buttons on top of the wheel.

I'd say they don't know either.:lol:
If it gets banned mid-season it might be made optional in arcade.

Don't forget we're going to need a button for KERS as well :)

F-Duct was a bit different. Only McLaren had it after all.

I guess KERS will be manual with a button, while DRS will be passive.

At the start of the quote up the top it says that this will be on the NGP possibly. That's a massive hint on when Sony will release it. Interesting.
As for the 3DS version, well, there is definatley not enough buttons for KERS, DRS and the rest if the car.:lol:

At the start of the quote up the top it says that this will be on the NGP possibly. That's a massive hint on when Sony will release it. Interesting.
As for the 3DS version, well, there is definatley not enough buttons for KERS, DRS and the rest if the car.:lol:

As for the 3DS they could have a toouch screen steering wheel on the touch screen

F-Duct was a bit different. Only McLaren had it after all.

I guess KERS will be manual with a button, while DRS will be passive.

Most teams had it by the end of the season, but it would be harder to model because teams introduced it throughout the season and every system was different.

Both KERS and the adjustable rear wing are official systems though, so surely they will be included...

One more thing to add, IMO it is very unlikely to be released before the majority of the European races as thats where they will get there info on updates. I think End of opinion.

Most teams had it by the end of the season, but it would be harder to model because teams introduced it throughout the season and every system was different.
The cars modelled will be the cars used in race 1, so only McLaren had it in F12010.

So apparently this was the "big" press relaese (basically an 🤬 load of nothing):
F1 2011 gets September launch, NGP and 3DS versions confirmed
Codemasters, as promised, has formally announced F1 2011 ahead of this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix, and confirmed it for a September launch in Europe and the US.

It’ll arrive in Europe on September 23 and in the US on September 20 for PS3, 360 and PC. And as previously speculated, NGP and 3DS versions have also been confirmed. Release dates for them versions are yet to be confirmed.

F1 2011 will feature “wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements on and off track” over F1 2010, with competitive and cooperative multiplayer components “vastly extended.”

As last year, the game will include all the teams, drivers – including world champion Sebastian Vettel – and circuits, including the reintroduction of the Nurburgring for this year’s German Grand Prix and the newly-added Indian Grand Prix.

Fans are also invited to ask questions about the game on YouTube, with the best questions selected by the development team to come to Codemasters Birmingham to check out the game and personally ask their questions for a first look video.

Those not able to make it can also ask pre-recorded questions for future videos on the game.

The game’s boxart is below.

F12011-pack-concept-v60-X360-hr-US-451x600.jpg

Why feature the worst looking art/case color combo? Especially considering by all accounts it sold significantly better on the PS3 anyway.

Why is it always so late in the season? Interest=Waning

Timing is off between when they got the license to development to the first game released.
It IS exciting to hear the Ring will be in this year's game. That has definitely got me interested.

^ Don't give up yet. The longer they work on it the better it will be

A very optimistic view. You remember F1 2010 the first time you played?:scared: Haha jk, no but obviously since they have the previous year done it wont be as bug-stricken.

A very optimistic view. You remember F1 2010 the first time you played?:scared: Haha jk, no but obviously since they have the previous year done it wont be as bug-stricken.

I loved F1 2010 the first time I played it and I still do. I can forgive them for a few bugs because it was their first game and no doubt 2011 will be even better.

Here's to hoping they don't try and do anything silly with the next game and just focus on smoothing out 2010 and adding new features.

I did too, to a certain point. Once I lost every position I earned due to my pit crew holding me in the pits for 15 laps and the very next race my data is corrupted, I had enough until the patch. Then it was a 'finished' game, and as a matter of fact I have gotten back into it the last few weeks. I'm sure 2011 will be much smoother, I just wonder how realistic they can incorporate KERS and DRS, but I think it will be alright when released.

Yeah that pit crew bug was seriously frustrating, but it seems better since the patch. I'm sure they will smooth these things out even more for 2011, but yeah I am interested to see what they can do with KERS and DRS.

Perhaps a QTE?

Dear god.... Just no.

The cars modelled will be the cars used in race 1, so only McLaren had it in F12010.

The devs confirmed that most cars had the effect of the fduct long ago... You do realise that the graphical model has no bearing into the programmed performance don't you? If codemasters wanted, they could have made the hispania the fastest car... Graphical models have no bearing on the performance of the car.

Codemasters could have put this in the game as a bonus car and made it the fastest car in the game if they wanted.

Dairy_Crest_Milk_Float_Garage_2.jpg

The presence of F duct on cars other than the Mclaren has been confirmed on the codemasters forum long ago.

Last edited:
Back