F1 2011

Discussion in 'F1 2010-2016' started by Akmuq, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Akmuq

Akmuq

We will be getting a look at the game at the Australian Grand Prix.
    http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/01/f1-2011-info-to-drop-prior-to-melbourne-season-opener/
    It seems pretty early. I'm hoping for a release in June or July. Possible? Hopefully:).

2. Matty

Matty Premium

Nah, June/July is too early think of the FIFA series they always release the game in early October so it's more likely to be released to September.

3. Akmuq

Akmuq

Think of the FIFA series is released at the start of the season.
    Unfortunatley it's not possible to release an F1 game at the start of the season but they can recycle the game from last year while adding the new cars and hopefully stuff people wished for. The Indian GP might be trouble though.:guilty:

4. Matty

Matty Premium

I meant that the FIFA series is consistantly realeased at the same time every year, F1 2010 was realeased late September (29th if I'm correct) and it will be likely realeased at the same time this year.

5. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Either way I can't wait to hear some news! The thing with F1 is it takes time for them to model all of the cars because they change so much throughout the season. Also there are a few spanners in the works this year with the re-introduction of KERS, the introduction of the adjustable rear wing and the Indian Grand Prix, and of course the cancellation of the bahrain Grand Prix.

But I hope it comes out a bit earlier than F1 2010 did

6. SouthernOracle

SouthernOracle

I really hope they keep Bahrain in the game even though it was cancelled in real life. I'd love the be able to play the different layout since they were going to change it for this year.

7. Akmuq

Akmuq

I'd say it's pretty likely that Bahrain is in the game weather it takes place or not. I hope it is a anyways because the esses after turn 4 were good fun in F1 2009 when they had that layout.:tup:

8. wills2084

wills2084

It will be interesting to see what they do with the rear wing thing as the FIA doesn't even know what they are going to do with it.

9. Akmuq

Akmuq

I'd say they don't know either.:lol:
    If it gets banned mid-season it might be made optional in arcade.
    Is there another button handy on the wheel which could be used for it I wonder?

10. wills2084

wills2084

Oh yeah I forgot I'm using a DFGT so that means I'm going to have to use circle and triangle for my kers and wing. Or better would be the R and L buttons on top of the wheel.

11. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Don't forget we're going to need a button for KERS as well :)

12. Rossell2

Rossell2

Let's be fair we didn't have an F-Duct button last year.

13. Owen.C93

Owen.C93

F-Duct was a bit different. Only McLaren had it after all.

I guess KERS will be manual with a button, while DRS will be passive.

14. Rossell2

Rossell2

Perhaps a QTE?

15. tribolik

tribolik

16. Akmuq

Akmuq

At the start of the quote up the top it says that this will be on the NGP possibly. That's a massive hint on when Sony will release it. Interesting.
    As for the 3DS version, well, there is definatley not enough buttons for KERS, DRS and the rest if the car.:lol:

17. Matty

Matty Premium

As for the 3DS they could have a toouch screen steering wheel on the touch screen

18. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Most teams had it by the end of the season, but it would be harder to model because teams introduced it throughout the season and every system was different.

Both KERS and the adjustable rear wing are official systems though, so surely they will be included...

19. Matty

Matty Premium

One more thing to add, IMO it is very unlikely to be released before the majority of the European races as thats where they will get there info on updates. I think End of opinion.

20. SouthernOracle

SouthernOracle

21. Owen.C93

Owen.C93

The cars modelled will be the cars used in race 1, so only McLaren had it in F12010.

22. icelt

icelt

So apparently this was the "big" press relaese (basically an :censored: load of nothing):
    F1 2011 gets September launch, NGP and 3DS versions confirmed
    Why feature the worst looking art/case color combo? Especially considering by all accounts it sold significantly better on the PS3 anyway.

23. Danny

Danny Premium

Why is it always so late in the season? Interest=Waning

24. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

^ Don't give up yet. The longer they work on it the better it will be

25. t.o.

t.o.

Timing is off between when they got the license to development to the first game released.
    It IS exciting to hear the Ring will be in this year's game. That has definitely got me interested.

26. GrandPrix

GrandPrix

A very optimistic view. You remember F1 2010 the first time you played?:scared: Haha jk, no but obviously since they have the previous year done it wont be as bug-stricken.

27. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

I loved F1 2010 the first time I played it and I still do. I can forgive them for a few bugs because it was their first game and no doubt 2011 will be even better.

Here's to hoping they don't try and do anything silly with the next game and just focus on smoothing out 2010 and adding new features.

28. GrandPrix

GrandPrix

I did too, to a certain point. Once I lost every position I earned due to my pit crew holding me in the pits for 15 laps and the very next race my data is corrupted, I had enough until the patch. Then it was a 'finished' game, and as a matter of fact I have gotten back into it the last few weeks. I'm sure 2011 will be much smoother, I just wonder how realistic they can incorporate KERS and DRS, but I think it will be alright when released.

29. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Yeah that pit crew bug was seriously frustrating, but it seems better since the patch. I'm sure they will smooth these things out even more for 2011, but yeah I am interested to see what they can do with KERS and DRS.

30. F1 fan

F1 fan Premium

Dear god.... Just no.

The devs confirmed that most cars had the effect of the fduct long ago... You do realise that the graphical model has no bearing into the programmed performance don't you? If codemasters wanted, they could have made the hispania the fastest car... Graphical models have no bearing on the performance of the car.

Codemasters could have put this in the game as a bonus car and made it the fastest car in the game if they wanted.

[​IMG]

The presence of F duct on cars other than the Mclaren has been confirmed on the codemasters forum long ago.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011