F1 2011

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 875 comments
^That thing's definitely packking an F-duct, check the sail that extends all the way from the cab to the rear wing

Yeah. If it needs to go faster, you can start ditching the milk crates, I mean ballast.

According to the article on wikipedia, codemaster wants to put a safty car in the game and "They also announced that this time F1 will Challenge the Players by "Be the Driver, Live the Life, Go and Compete" mode", referencing the article in the October issue of F1 Racing magazine.

If if this turns out to be true, i am really looking forward to F1 2011, giving it some new additions than just racing. Maybe we can DO something with the salary we earn.

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_2011_(video_game)

I remember they chose not to include the Safety car in F12010 because it 'wouldn't add anything enjoyable to the gameplay' or something to that effect.

So what's changed?

Wouldn't add anything enjoyable but they also said that F1 2010 was the base, they needed to focus on getting a base for a game first before adding these kinds of things. They certinaly hinted at it appearing in the future titles if they feel it wont constrain their time spent on the important things.

It would be awesome to have a safety car, really makes race strategy harder to get down.

I'm really wondering what they will add this year.

:lol:

What a joke!

No way was F1 2010 better than Fifa not even close.

1556574-your_opinion2_super.jpg

But, yeah, most award shows are rather corrupt.

I did too, to a certain point. Once I lost every position I earned due to my pit crew holding me in the pits for 15 laps and the very next race my data is corrupted, I had enough until the patch. Then it was a 'finished' game, and as a matter of fact I have gotten back into it the last few weeks. I'm sure 2011 will be much smoother, I just wonder how realistic they can incorporate KERS and DRS, but I think it will be alright when released.

I never had the pit stop bug happen to me because I read about it and only ran 40% races and pitted one lap early or one lap late. but I liked the game better before the patch, before they ruinned the FFB effects in my DFGT

:lol:

What a joke!

Thats your opinion, your entitled to it but mine is different and how many football games did EA or whatever release in 5 years time? and F1 games how many have been released in the past 4 or 5 years?

Well, content wise, I wouldn't say he's wrong. I'm still a bit disappointed with some things from the game. No warm-up lap, no safety car, no 2009 cars (they had them all ready and used them for showing the game), no other F1 cars (classics) and some other stuff. Basically the game only offered the 2010 career and of course, single race, time attack and online.

how many football games did EA or whatever release in 5 years time? and F1 games how many have been released in the past 4 or 5 years?
That's a valid point though.

If if this turns out to be true, i am really looking forward to F1 2011, giving it some new additions than just racing. Maybe we can DO something with the salary we earn.

I'm not really interested in the "live the life" aspect of the game. The idea of having a "virtual home" with virtual furniture to buy just does not appeal to me. I would much rather have a second hand f1 car dealer. Sounds stupid, but it's not too uncommon to see old f1 cars for sale.Link Maybe if they could include so many cars from previous era's, it would be a nice touch, but still one I could do without.

I'd rather have a more complete F1 game. I'd more than happily pay through the nose for classic season expansion packs. For example, the ability to race the 94 season cars and tracks. This idea appeals to me much more than to have a random selection of classic cars, but nothing to do with them. This would be very tricky in terms of licensing. I know 94 was a tragic season, but the cars of that era bring back a lot of good memories, and it would be nice to have a game simulating all the temporary changes that were made to slow the cars down? Nissan chicane anyone?

Danny
I remember they chose not to include the Safety car in F12010 because it 'wouldn't add anything enjoyable to the gameplay' or something to that effect.

I think at one point they already had a basic safety car programmed, but decided it wasn't good enough to make it into the game. I'm sure it will be in F1 2011. I could be wrong, but I think they know the demand is quite high.

MildAshers
they also said that F1 2010 was the base

I read that too. They said it was best to focus on the fundamentals, then expand.

crooky369

Again, that's your opinion. There are people out there that would rather play the latest dreadful movie tie ins than the likes of F1 2010. I loved F1 2010, and would much rather play it than Fifa.

F1 is a complex sport and there are so many things to incorporate. If people were expecting F1 2010 to be perfect, then maybe they have to lower their expectations. What we did get with 2010 was the best F1 game in a loooooong time. Fifa is the result of years of building.

G.T.Ace
Well, content wise, I wouldn't say he's wrong. I'm still a bit disappointed with some things from the game. No warm-up lap, no safety car, no 2009 cars (they had them all ready and used them for showing the game), no other F1 cars (classics) and some other stuff. Basically the game only offered the 2010 career and of course, single race, time attack and online.

Look how many years it took for GT5 to be released. Granted there were over a thousand cars and more tracks, but I actually have more fun with F1 2010.

Sounds stupid, but it's not too uncommon to see old f1 cars for sale.Link Maybe if they could include so many cars from previous era's, it would be a nice touch, but still one I could do without.
10+ years old & who knows how much was spent on development, and some selling for just under $150,000? Wow.

10+ years old & who knows how much was spent on development, and some selling for just under $150,000? Wow.

I know. It's incredible. Would like to know how much the two title winning Benneton's went for. I think the asking price for the Mastercard Lola is a little high, but if I was a multimillionaire, i'd buy it as the car was so slow, it would probably be easier for me to get to grips with, despite the complete lack of grip.

I'm not really interested in the "live the life" aspect of the game. The idea of having a "virtual home" with virtual furniture to buy just does not appeal to me. I would much rather have a second hand f1 car dealer. Sounds stupid, but it's not too uncommon to see old f1 cars for sale.Link Maybe if they could include so many cars from previous era's, it would be a nice touch, but still one I could do without.

I'd rather have a more complete F1 game. I'd more than happily pay through the nose for classic season expansion packs. For example, the ability to race the 94 season cars and tracks. This idea appeals to me much more than to have a random selection of classic cars, but nothing to do with them. This would be very tricky in terms of licensing. I know 94 was a tragic season, but the cars of that era bring back a lot of good memories, and it would be nice to have a game simulating all the temporary changes that were made to slow the cars down? Nissan chicane anyone?

The idea of having the ability to have a "home" and spend money on, like TDU is not something I am hoping for either. But it would be fun to have some more aspects of the gme, for example a second hand dealership as you suggested. That will game some more content and some motivation if you are no longer satisfied with just racing for pleasure.

Look how many years it took for GT5 to be released. Granted there were over a thousand cars and more tracks, but I actually have more fun with F1 2010.

Who says something about 1000 cars? I am not comparing it to GT5, I compare it to F1: Championship Edition, which featured several old F1 cars from the 60's and 70's as unlockables. You couldn't use them in races, only for time trials, but they added diversity and an actual reason to play the game. Like I said, they could've added at least the 2009 cars for the single race/time trial modes, since these were already done anyway.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still fun, I am just talking about some points which could've made it a better game.

The idea of having the ability to have a "home" and spend money on, like TDU is not something I am hoping for either. But it would be fun to have some more aspects of the gme, for example a second hand dealership as you suggested. That will game some more content and some motivation if you are no longer satisfied with just racing for pleasure.

To be honest, I never really "got bored" of F12010. I would have liked higher difficulty and a few bugs ironed out, but I never really got bored. I'd also like fully customisable races. I.E. Starting position, the ability to preprogramme the weather, or at least choose your own dry/wet/drying cycles. Really want to play f12010 right now, but haven't played a game of any sort for the last 3 months due to immigration. Someday soon... Really looking forward to F12011.

G.T.Ace
Who says something about 1000 cars? I am not comparing it to GT5, I compare it to F1: Championship Edition, which featured several old F1 cars from the 60's and 70's as unlockables. You couldn't use them in races, only for time trials, but they added diversity and an actual reason to play the game. Like I said, they could've added at least the 2009 cars for the single race/time trial modes, since these were already done anyway.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still fun, I am just talking about some points which could've made it a better game.

I mentioned 1000 cars. People expected sooo much from F12010. I was using the difference in development times as an example. As for F1CE, I've logged over 300 hours on that game so I am well aware of the bonus cars. The point is, F1CE was the last in a long series, but was actually worse and more of a rush job than the ones before. F1 2010 is a far better game overall, and bodes well for the future of the series. As for the 2009 cars, have you considered the possibility that these cars were just "skins"? They would have had to modify the physics engine just to accomodate these cars. Have you also forgot that the 2009 cars were from the refueling era?

Would you actually prefer a decent f1 game with lots of bonus features, or a really good f1 game that focuses on the fundamentals first? Are bonus cars really that important when you think about it? They only had x number of man hours to spend on the game. I think they used it wisely.

Anyone remember the teaser race last year at Monza? Well they've done it again this year. Slow cars but the game itself sounds good. Although that would be there job wouldn't it?

50% at Shanghai.
Here's a link.

F1CE is really not in the same league as F12010, despite the latter's dubious physics for the series' first outing.

Look at the cars in a F1CE replay: doesn't look like they're even gripping the road.

On the PS3 every time I watch a replay on F1 2010 I see flying cars in some parts of the circuits that and the driving physics almost ruin the game for me... other than that it is a very good game.

I dont support CM, I don´t buy F12011... They gave us 1 patch for F12010 and then that was it... The game is still so worse...

The most worse thing is the pre "defined" lap times from the AI... WTF is that... There is no sense to play if you race against pre defined lap times...

Theyve released some latest info on F1 2011 - they mentioned 2 new tracks which are part of the game which is India and "For the first time ever" the Nurburgring

Theyve released some latest info on F1 2011 - they mentioned 2 new tracks which are part of the game which is India and "For the first time ever" the Nurburgring

Oh yes, it's India's first year on the F1 calendar and Nurburgring switches with Hockenheim every year. Altough, Nurburgring was in F1 2009.

Can you link this article?

Thanks for posting. I had just found it on wills preview thread. He wrote it up himself. I was looking through the CodeMasters forums yesterday and saw some of that in thread titles thinking it would be complete speculation.

Day/night? Maybe just Abu Dhabi. But Australia will probably get very dark or have quite a lot of sunlight when using cockpit. Although an 'Arcade' mode with all tracks where you could pick time of day would e pretty cool.👍

Always loved the dynamic weather and lighting effects in F1 2010

I'm sure it will be even more spectacular with 2011!

Agreed, BUT I'm very excited to see if CodeMasters FINALLY set outside their "haze" look they put in all of their games. Glorious it will be.

Back