F1 2011

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 875 comments
That's the colour you get if you had the helmet on. Hate it though, it looks terrible. I'd say it still will be like that.
One thing I never understood. Why didn't my driver ever take his helmet off. In the paddock it looked the same and the Singapore paddock was jist unnatural.

Agreed, BUT I'm very excited to see if CodeMasters FINALLY set outside their "haze" look they put in all of their games. Glorious it will be.

Oh you mean the "dirty toilet bowl" filter. Yeah horrible artistic design choice on their part. If they are listening to the majority of their 2010 customers they'll fix it, just like the PC community did. But this is CM after all, so there's every chance they'll leave it be just to show us.

Oh you mean the "dirty toilet bowl" filter. Yeah horrible artistic design choice on their part. If they are listening to the majority of their 2010 customers they'll fix it, just like the PC community did. But this is CM after all, so there's every chance they'll leave it be just to show us.

i guess i got used to that after playing it for so long, but DAMN it would be nice if they cleaned up the filters in 2011

That made the game look so dull and boring in races especially when leading at the front. I hope they expand on the physics a lot as F1 2010, you could easily see it was based on a pivot like most of Codemasters recent games. I play the game with assists on as I think it is more fun and faster as you don't spin out riding curbs suddenly. It is also faster I think and a bug that you can run low downforce setups but have very good grip levels due to the traction control working amazingly well, it is almost like SRF in GT5 but you can still lose the car suddenly and when you try and correct the car, it is funny to see it moving on a pivot. Also I wonder if they can get the lap times closer to real life, as if I remember correctly on many of the tracks, they are way off.

I recently played Ferrari Virtual Academy, after playing F1 2010 and wish they could get the physics level much closer to that. You know where you are with that game/simulator when reaching the edge. Amazing the engine braking settings and stuff, the movement in the car looks very similar to onboards of real F1 cars. I think it will be a good few years though before they are anywhere near that point unless, they just use another company's physics engine which is very unlikely to happen.

I was one of the contestants that got to play the demo a few weeks ago. CM actually referred to the bad color as the "Piss Filter". This is definitely something they fixed. Did not notice this at all when I was playing the game.

I was one of the contestants that got to play the demo a few weeks ago. CM actually referred to the bad color as the "Piss Filter". This is definitely something they fixed. Did not notice this at all when I was playing the game.

Seriously? Man that is good to hear, also good to know their eyes actually function properly :lol:. I was worried there for a second.

Hahahahahaha.

First post in a long time here but I'm excited about this game, despite my PS3 getting the Yellow light of death a few days ago :(. Anyway I've just stumbled across the first dev video for F1 2011. First impression, it looks good. Very good.👍

At 1:32 is that steering wheel a variation of the G27? Or is it a new wheel. What ever the case it looks awesome.

EDIT: Sorry folks its been a while can someone fix my youtube link for me.

Thanks Danny ;)

Last edited:
Wow that looks pretty darn good from that video. Looks like visible tyre wear is in and actual race win scenes!

So, erm, which part of the track didn't they just copy over from 2010?

Seriously, it's just a video of the new cars with new tires and some improved graphical tyre pick-up. Apart from that it seems that I'm just watching a modded F1 2010.

I'm not getting any hopes up at all until I've actually tried it. And please, Codemasters, do something about the graphics.

Seriously, it's just a video of the new cars with new tires and some improved graphical tyre pick-up. Apart from that it seems that I'm just watching a modded F1 2010.

I'm not getting any hopes up at all until I've actually tried it. And please, Codemasters, do something about the graphics.

I guess you didn't see the huge "WORK IN PROGRESS" in the upper left hand corner. And what's wrong with copying the track? Tracks hardly change from year to year. The piss filter is still there, but not nearly to an extent as it was before. Colours are more vibrant, though not by much as yet. And let's not forget the majorly improved handling system. You can actually control wheelspin now and not spin off, and there's tyre smoke from locking up. A lot has changed, and the game comes out in 3 months, so there is much more to come. Jeez, were you expecting GT5 grapics?

Unimpressed by the game, the car looks like they're gliding on the track... at least it seems they got rid of that stuuuuuuuuuupid overrev

Completely drooling over that steering wheel!
Codemasters has a serious hardon for U.N.K.LE music

Found an interesting comparison shot.
The game's looking pretty good. Hope they fix the front tyres + suspension though.

Edit:

It won't let me post the image, so here's a link instead.

At 1:32 is that steering wheel a variation of the G27? Or is it a new wheel. What ever the case it looks awesome.

There a few shots of it and if you watch the video it is towards the end. Looks like quick release is added too o.O. Wheel looks amazing and hopefully wont bee too much lol

(also in video for fellow rally fans, the handbrake add-on is SOO COOL!)

*Youtube code wont work for this one or some reason but heres link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-xDHdOHt44&feature=relmfu

Here is ISR'ings F1 Report video which is very informational.

Last edited:

Ridiculous post.

The tracks look the same because they are, well... the same. Albert Park was fantastically constructed last year so of course they will look similar. Also, any F1 2010 driver worth his salt will have noticed over steer moments which were correctable at low speed with what simply looks like opposite lock and throttle management (as someone above mentions). This would suggest improvements in handling and the overall physics. Excellent news.

Also, 16 cars online. Absolutely fantastic.

Some people just complain for the sake of it.

Well, F12010 was amazing imo aside from a few things...so still looking forward to this.

Only graphical thing I didn't like in 2010 was the steering wheels all looked terrible.

Some people just complain for the sake of it.

And people like me like to complain because it currently looks exactly the same like the joke released that was called F1 2010 and are not willing to waste money on it yet again.

What I am asking of Codemasters is to ditch the hideous tone filters they put on their games, as well as the diffuse glow. Put a snapshot of this game next to 2010's and they look exactly the same. A game in development should deliver better graphics with, to the very least, equal performance. That's how technology works; It develops so fast, I just cannot accept a game to look exactly the same the way it did a whole year earlier.

And people like me like to complain because it currently looks exactly the same like the joke released that was called F1 2010 and are not willing to waste money on it yet again.

What I am asking of Codemasters is to ditch the hideous tone filters they put on their games, as well as the diffuse glow. Put a snapshot of this game next to 2010's and they look exactly the same. A game in development should deliver better graphics with, to the very least, equal performance. That's how technology works; It develops so fast, I just cannot accept a game to look exactly the same the way it did a whole year earlier.

OK then. You just go ahead and compare some stills of F1 2011 and F1 2010 whilst I anticipate some of the best online racing has ever seen this side of Forza.

Enjoy playing GT for the rest of your life 👍

Found an interesting comparison shot.
The game's looking pretty good. Hope they fix the front tyres + suspension though.

Edit:

It won't let me post the image, so here's a link instead.

Here ya go:
1011comparison.jpg

OK then. You just go ahead and compare some stills of F1 2011 and F1 2010 whilst I anticipate some of the best online racing has ever seen this side of Forza.

Enjoy playing GT for the rest of your life 👍

:rolleyes:

Looks very, very different:

1011comparison.jpg

And if you're ever a serious racing enthusiast, you would have the belief that graphics aren't everything. The physics engine is evidently majorly improved. From one that was already promising, or at least leaps and bounds from F1:CE's physics. Sure, F1 2010 had the piss filter, and it still exists, but not nearly to an extent as before. Colors are FAR more vibrant now, they haven't removed the piss filter as yet, but they may do so in the future. You are expecting CM to throw us a perfect game in only their second attempt at an F1 game. You WILL be disappointed with that frame of mind. It's not like they have 5 years and $60 million to develop with. And I don't know about you, but apart from the piss filter, hard damage system, uncontrollable oversteer, steel brakes, poor force feedback, it was a brilliant game. While F1:CE had better graphics, damage, and sound, and modeling with the steering wheels and the cars in general, it's physics engine was poor, no reflections on the track in the rain, a weather system that was not nearly dynamic, plus the rain physics were flawed with the physics engine.

You need to stop being such a hater and try to be optimistic. If F1 2010 wasn't up to your standard, this should be a major improvement.

I'm not a hater, I'm just being factual about F1 2010.

I still play F1 2010 on a regular basis, playing without any assists or aids so just stop replying to my posts as if I were a GT5 fanboy. I am disappointed with GT5 as well and think it's an even worse game than F1 2010 is.

piss filter, hard damage system, uncontrollable oversteer, steel brakes, poor force feedback, it was a brilliant game.

So what's left to make it a brilliant game then?

I can only enjoy this game the way I do now because of all the various mods I use. The state the game was released on was just unacceptable and I will keep myself to F1 2010 and its mods if F1 2011 will not be better.

Put a snapshot of this game next to 2010's and they look exactly the same.

1011comparison.jpg

I notice you still haven't commented on this comparison. You said screenshots of F12010 and F12011 would look identical next to each other. Here is proof they don't. What do you have to say to this?

Thanks icelt.

EDIT:

And I don't know about you, but apart from the piss filter, hard damage system, uncontrollable oversteer, steel brakes, poor force feedback, it was a brilliant game.

So what's left to make it a brilliant game then?

For a start, the graphics have improved. The competition winners who have played the video have confirmed the force feedback is better. As a matter of fact, the developers have tested just about every wheel on the market and even some that aren't. The braking distances have been fixed and countersteering now works properly. These are already massive improvements and these are just the ones we know about.

Codemasters won't make the same mistakes twice. They made mistakes with 2010 but it was always gonna be hard being their first attempt. I dont imagine its easy to make an F1 game that everyone will like. I love 2010 and if 2011 is an improvement it WILL be amazing. As people have said, the filter is clearly gone, only a blind buffoon would say those screen look the same. And even from the short gameplay vids the driving dynamics "look" better.

Oh and playing a game without aids doesn't suddenly change anything so its a bit pointless.

Latest Posts

Back