F1 2011

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 875 comments
tribolik
What do you mean by framework???? dont you mean frame rate???

I'm going to take a total stab in the dark and take a guess he's playing the PS3 version.

Wow had a great race today in career mode, at the Spanish GP.

Qualified 19th (as usual) but made up quite a few spots at the start. After all the pit stops I was around 13th and the faster teams were quickly catching me. My engineer told me to switch to fuel mix 3 which I did, however I forgot to change it back to fuel mix 2 and on the final lap I was in a great position when my engine started to sputter and I was losing power.

This was the first time I had ran low on fuel and in real life I know that if you do half throttle the engine will keep trundling along so I did this and I managed to get through the last few corners going very slowly :D

Next round was Monaco and wow, the frame rate is pretty shocking there. Awesome track though, I qualified 19th but had a great race and actually finished in the points taking 7th place! However now my team expects me to finish 12th in every race which is not acheivable on normal circuits as I'm driving for Lotus. Hopefully their expectations go back to normal after a few more rounds...

Next round was Monaco and wow, the frame rate is pretty shocking there.

[ ] TiZzla played F1 2010 / PS3.
[X] TiZzla hasn't played F1 2010 / PS3.

;)

Yeah well, it was way worse in 2010 - so I'm actually happy that I can really see what's going when I'm going through Piscine towards the Rascasse. :D

crooky369
Good. As I've got the opposite situation to you I've got a 3 race (75 points+) lead at the halfway stage of the season playing as Williams on professional so when I do up the difficulty to legend next season the pace of the top car should balance it out I guess.

Must feel good lol bc if you play on legend it wouldnt feel so good lol

[ ] TiZzla played F1 2010 / PS3.
[X] TiZzla hasn't played F1 2010 / PS3.

;)

Yeah well, it was way worse in 2010 - so I'm actually happy that I can really see what's going when I'm going through Piscine towards the Rascasse. :D

Wow it must have actually been unplayable last year..

Why is it so bad in these games? Dirt 3 runs silky smooth so whats the deal?

This game would be amazing if the FPS issues are fixed.

Wow it must have actually been unplayable last year..

Why is it so bad in these games? Dirt 3 runs silky smooth so whats the deal?

This game would be amazing if the FPS issues are fixed.

Can't be the AI. But yeah, it had like 8-10 FPS in the harbour area last year...good luck on Legend difficulty. >_>

Oh and whoever said that floating cars are gone: the air force has arrived at Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida.

2Ryuq.jpg

I'm flying on the left side, Rosberg is flying to my left.

Last edited:
So I'm half way through my first season and Lotus has just offered to renew my contract. It says decide soon or they will start looking for someone else, so will the offer expire or not? I don't want to drive for lotus again next year..

So I'm half way through my first season and Lotus has just offered to renew my contract. It says decide soon or they will start looking for someone else, so will the offer expire or not? I don't want to drive for lotus again next year..

They will withdraw the offer eventually; especially if you do not continue to improve results for the second half of season. And the other teams may have some interest, but not necessarily make a contract offer :ill:

Welcome to F1's silly season :sly:

I ended up re-starting my career as I learned more about how the 'career' unfolds :)

Lots of fun; the pressure to perform is intense :crazy:

They will withdraw the offer eventually; especially if you do not continue to improve results for the second half of season. And the other teams may have some interest, but not necessarily make a contract offer :ill:

Welcome to F1's silly season :sly:

I ended up re-starting my career as I learned more about how the 'career' unfolds :)

Lots of fun; the pressure to perform is intense :crazy:

Does this mean if you don't sign a contract with Lotus and another team doesn't make you a contract offer you don't continue in the career and have to restart? Or do you just get an offer from a really crappy team i.e HRT?

Got the game today.

It looks awful yes (PS3), but it's really entertaining, i'm lovin' it haha.

Does anybody else think that when you spin the tires sound like a dolphin?

A new thread just for your opinion? Really? 👍

Edit: Woah wtf I must have been half asleep :lol: I thought this was a new thread....

Yea there are heaps of funny noises in the game. I randomly get noises like rumbling or screeching tyres when I'm going in a straight line. Weird.

Last edited:
Wow what a race I just had, Monaco in my career, first season Williams, pro AI assists off:
Qualified 17th, started well, got up to 13th in the traffic, lap 5, safety car was called upon after button went into the barriers whilst 4th, put me back on the tail of the top ten, started chasing, pitted for boots around lap 11, continued chasing, lap 18, second safety car of the race after liuzzi went off at the back of the pack, pulled evryone in again, ended up 6th after people pitted, lost my front wing after the restart so had to pit on lap 21, tried to stretch it out as long as possible as I was in 7th, had to pti eventually on lap 31, option tires, fuel mix 3, 6th place, had hamilton hammering me from behind, he got past with 4 laps to go, then it became a massive struggle, option tyres were dead and i had no grip, ended up spinning with 3 corners to go allowing senna and buemi through, ended up 10th. great race.

This race single handedly bought all the new features of 2011 together into one epic super awesome fun race! I look forward to many more of these races.

Sounds great MildAshers.

Just had a decent result at Catalunya in the Lotus no aids 20%. First few races have been poor for me but I got up to 12th and run out of fuel on the last lap (rich mixture on too long) but still happy to get 14th. Pitstops worked well, all the cars seem in sync unlike F1 2010. Only bad thing is the AI are really slow in the first corner yet seem too fast in other sections to make up for the slowness on Turn 1.

Been a victim of the cold tyres after a pitstop :lol: Reminds me of Massa at Australia when he spun going slow on a outlap I think. I even replicated his mistake at the same part of the track.

Really is a fun game and look forward to resuming it more than F1 2010. Plays so sweet on my PC which helps of course.

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity: how much faster are the AI cars on Legend compared to Professional? Wanted to let my roomie try the game and didn't want to make it too easy. Yet, leaving it on Legendary would cause a little too much frustration.

Are the AI cars setting fake times in qualifying again? I'm finding it almost impossible to qualify higher than 17th in the Williams (legendary AI). The times all the other cars are setting just seem impossible based on what I've seen on track.

No, the AI do set real times this time. I remeber Steve Hood tweeting about it a while back. They are incredibly hard to beat but if you drive a Ferrari or Red Bull in a qualifying session outside of career you will see it is just the car.

Got my first point at Monaco in the rain, could've had more as I started to catch the the 5th-9th place cars but got tangled up when I got too close. Not really my fault, I couldn't avoid it.

On to Canada and I'm back to reality and no matter what, just can't keep up with the 10th -16th place cars.

I might start using flashbacks mod as the penalties are starting to really annoy me. I've got them through simply going into the gravel, clean overtakes and being put into unavoidable situations like starting a flying lap at monaco only to see a car ahead just randomly turn into the barrier and stop before I've got control from the automated intro

Last edited:
I've checked out some of the career mode videos for this game on Youtube and the game looked good, was watching the 360 version. Question I'm asking though is...how much worse is it for PS3? I don't have a 360, and depending on how bad it really looks I might get the PC version...if I can get my laptop to run it...and if that looks OK on it too...how do the three seem to compare for you?

Also I noticed that when at the start I also saw that Toro Rosso aren't among the choosable teams for some hugely odd reason :irked: :( You can take Force India or Williams but not Toro Rosso? Madness. :grumpy: Also how long does the career actually go for this time? As opposed to choosing last year 3, 5 or 7 I never saw an option for it, so how long does career mode last till it stops?

Back