F1 2011

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 875 comments
well you did finish 8th or above twice didn't you?

I did, but do Lotus Renault ask Petrov to come 3rd every race since he got it once !

I just want to meet objectives for my team, but they've become hilarious

i'm in expert diff, all ass off, 20% races, all rules realistic

and one more thing - in quali i end up in q2 last, but gain many places in 1st & 2nd lap

But if you are able to get those result it means your package is capable of doing so, if you want a more realistic expectation you should raise your difficulty level. (and I remember there's only Amateur, Intermediate, Professional and Legend? ) I am on Legend difficulty and no aids, it is asking me to get 18th in the race and it is already very hard to achieve without someone else DNFing in front.

and as far as I see, it is not the end of the world as long as you have the practice and qualifying objective down, and the seasonal objective down too.

But if you are able to get those result it means your package is capable of doing so, if you want a more realistic expectation you should raise your difficulty level. (and I remember there's only Amateur, Intermediate, Professional and Legend? ) I am on Legend difficulty and no aids, it is asking me to get 18th in the race and it is already very hard to achieve without someone else DNFing in front.

difficulty i've chosen was 3rd so its professional then ? i guess You're right about trying harded AI, but as for 1st season in Lotus i wanted to go quick and gain exp so i can sign with better team next season. Didn't expect my boss wanted me to bring Lotus in position 1 (8th actually)
My first race in Australia was very hard but when got used to handling and AI driving style, i get better and better.
I know to push hard after start (on soft tyres) and i mostly overtake 10-15 cars on first two laps.
After pit stops i defend to keep as high as possible.
I'm clean racer not an Hamilton style :)

I am sure even if you don't nail all the objectives, but beat your teammate convincingly enough and your team beats the nearest rival, your career prospect will be pretty good still.

I am settling in my Lotus and routinely get owned by the Force Indias, sometimes up to 1:40 over a full race distance, but I am also owning the other guys in the bottom 3 team as well, so I do expect a little raise at the end of the season. :P

thx for info, i was pushing hard cause i wanted to get podium finish for Lotus but i'm not as fast as top 3.

Wish You big raise at the end of current season :)

I would like to get an offer from Torro Rosso or Lotus Renault. Would show Petrov how to drive a car and win ! :)

If you meet your objectives then the the next race objectives will be based on how you did. So if you win a race, the next race they will expect high results. After 3 wins they will be expecting you to win each race, regardless of the team.

I have an accident in my HRT. I pull off the road to have a cry about it. WHY DO ALL THE OTHER CARS SLOW DOWN TO A STOP AND CAUSE ME TO BE 'ILLEGALLY BLOCKING'? Damn rubberneckers.

I have an accident in my HRT. I pull off the road to have a cry about it. WHY DO ALL THE OTHER CARS SLOW DOWN TO A STOP AND CAUSE ME TO BE 'ILLEGALLY BLOCKING'? Damn rubberneckers.

I've had illegal blocking warnings at the start of a race just after the lights. I also had one when i slowed down to get ready for my qualifying run, apparently there was some car about a mile down the straight behind me and I was illegally blocking him!

There was also the time when Alonso drove into a wall at monaco and then continued and I got a drive through penalty for it, though my car never touched his car I was still a few metres behind.

just had an eventful race at Monaco - Heidfeld spun it at the big hairpin on lap 2 ,and was in the middle of the road blocking me (in 17th) and the rest of the cars behind,in fact there was a big pile up behind me - resulting in 4 retirements (one car lost 2 wheels when i looked at replay) - i managed to get passed and we had a safety car for 2 laps! Heidfeld was Disqualified aswell...i presume for 'illegal blocking',which flashed up when i was trying to get past him. I managed to finish in 15th - fending off Perez for the last few laps.

Intermediate AI seems the right difficulty for me in the Lotus atm - Professional was a little too hard..

Damn A.I. really; but I too am frustrated by the concerned other drivers (A.I.) who are showing concern for my welfare by stopping to 'see if I am OK' :)

Technical help please :) So while I have a computer that should be able to run this fairly well, my brother (who is on a budget) also wants to get this for his laptop. We aren't sure how well it'll run on his system though. His graphics card is a Radeon HD 6470m and he has an i5-m480 @ ~2.7GHz. 4GB of RAM.

He's asking whether it'd be better to run it at settings that would at least match consoles graphics and get at least 25FPS on PC, or just to get the PS3 version (no Xbox).

Last race I did was Monaco, started on the primes so stayed out longer and caught the back of the pack up before my stop. LONG line of about 10 cars to make my way through, when I get a warning for illegal blocking! I'm the funkin' leader of the race trying to maintain a gap to rejoin somewhere near the front, how on earth am I holding these people up illegally? And what about some blue flags? Is this GP2?

Is it just me, or does the Williams have absolutely no 🤬 grip with the hard compounds?

Terronium-12
Is it just me, or does the Williams have absolutely no 🤬 grip with the hard compounds?

I've realised that the slower teams, on higher fuel and prime tyres really are a handful. So much so to the extent that it was leading me to believe the physics were inherently more sloppy than they actually were. You think the Williams is difficult on the primes then you should try the virgin.

I've realised that the slower teams, on higher fuel and prime tyres really are a handful. So much so to the extent that it was leading me to believe the physics were inherently more sloppy than they actually were. You think the Williams is difficult on the primes then you should try the virgin.

And the Lotus!

Last race I did was Monaco, started on the primes so stayed out longer and caught the back of the pack up before my stop. LONG line of about 10 cars to make my way through, when I get a warning for illegal blocking! I'm the funkin' leader of the race trying to maintain a gap to rejoin somewhere near the front, how on earth am I holding these people up illegally? And what about some blue flags? Is this GP2?

Same thing happened to me at Suzuka. I have received a few penalties for illegal blocking when in fact the AI spun me out and then I receive a dangerous driving penalty? lol bs

Although its nice to see slightly better damage, why do the wheels come off so frequently, or even at all?
In real life the wheels are tethered to the cars to prevent them flying loose and hitting someone or doing excessive damage, they tend to just hang by the side of the car being dragged along/underneath the car/suspension.

Although its nice to see slightly better damage, why do the wheels come off so frequently, or even at all?
In real life the wheels are tethered to the cars to prevent them flying loose and hitting someone or doing excessive damage, they tend to just hang by the side of the car being dragged along/underneath the car/suspension.

And when the screen faded red when I had a huge shunt. I thought I had blood on my face like Call of Duty!!!

Does anyone know where I can display a delta time during safety car? When the safety car deployed, I either get a warning for driving too fast, or turned into ghost when driving "too slow".

Well straight after Monaco,there was another eventful race in Canada - who says theres no incidents hehe? Was having an epic battle with Maldonado for the first half of the race - he took me on the back straight using his DRS,we both went in pits at the same time - my stop was quicker so came out before him - and my pace after that was better in the 2nd half of the race so i got away from him - in the next laps i had a good battle with Petrov,we were both using DRS on the straights.....then a massive incident :

Ahead of us with a few laps to go,Di Resta piled into the ''Champions wall' ,totalling his car and taking Massa with him,he couldnt aviod him so he was out aswell with a wheel coming off. Not only that,but as Di resta was up in the air from the impact he landed on Hamilton's car,Lewis managed to drive under him - and with me just behind - and Massa's wheel bouncing over my car!!

But me,Hamilton & Petrov somehow manged to get out with no damage and finish the race. There was no safety car despite Di Resta & Massa's cars strewn across the chicane exit....

Technical help please :) So while I have a computer that should be able to run this fairly well, my brother (who is on a budget) also wants to get this for his laptop. We aren't sure how well it'll run on his system though. His graphics card is a Radeon HD 6470m and he has an i5-m480 @ ~2.7GHz. 4GB of RAM.

He's asking whether it'd be better to run it at settings that would at least match consoles graphics and get at least 25FPS on PC, or just to get the PS3 version (no Xbox).

Try this
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Christ did I just have a reality check. I qualified first for Malaysia...a decent time too. Great I thought I'm going to ace this then....forgot to check the race conditions and it was wet. No biggy, I'll just go slower. I couldn't help it though, I hadn't drove in the rain before on this game and I had no aids (though medium traction control helps in the rain quite a bit) I ended up 15th and very slow because of being cautious.

I tried driving in cockpit cam like in GT5 too but TV pod is so much...better.

Wow the race starts are so bad and annoying.

I'm on the PS3 so it's a slideshow at the start anyway but then the first few corners everybody slows down to a crawling pace and then they all randomly brake on some straights.

I try to keep the starts uneventful and try to not get an unfair gain by diving up the inside of everyone but it took me 5 restarts just now to get through the first few corners without losing my front wing! And I was slowing down way before everyone else in the corners, sheesh............

Are the top teams cars significantly faster than the Williams/Force India this year or is the difficulty still mainly changed by changing the AI?

Are the top teams cars significantly faster than the Williams/Force India this year or is the difficulty still mainly changed by changing the AI?

The top teams are miles faster than the slower ones. I'm using Professional AI with team Lotus and I can only qualify better than HRT and VIRGIN

Magdelayna
Well straight after Monaco,there was another eventful race in Canada - who says theres no incidents hehe? Was having an epic battle with Maldonado for the first half of the race - he took me on the back straight using his DRS,we both went in pits at the same time - my stop was quicker so came out before him - and my pace after that was better in the 2nd half of the race so i got away from him - in the next laps i had a good battle with Petrov,we were both using DRS on the straights.....then a massive incident :

Ahead of us with a few laps to go,Di Resta piled into the ''Champions wall' ,totalling his car and taking Massa with him,he couldnt aviod him so he was out aswell with a wheel coming off. Not only that,but as Di resta was up in the air from the impact he landed on Hamilton's car,Lewis managed to drive under him - and with me just behind - and Massa's wheel bouncing over my car!!

But me,Hamilton & Petrov somehow manged to get out with no damage and finish the race. There was no safety car despite Di Resta & Massa's cars strewn across the chicane exit....

I want to see video lol.

The top teams are miles faster than the slower ones. I'm using Professional AI with team Lotus and I can only qualify better than HRT and VIRGIN

Good. As I've got the opposite situation to you I've got a 3 race (75 points+) lead at the halfway stage of the season playing as Williams on professional so when I do up the difficulty to legend next season the pace of the top car should balance it out I guess.

Back