F1 2012 wishlist

• Thread starter banana123
  • 143 comments
Its probably WAY too early for this but i might as well start it. What other features do you want for f1 2012.

For me an improved career mode, better graphics for the ps3 and a customisable player (like fifa) would be good as well as some classic cars (sennas renault and mclaren).

But what would you like in the next volume?... :D

seriously the game has been out a week and people are thinking of the 2012, just wait for patches

seriously the game has been out a week and people are thinking of the 2012, just wait for patches
Based on F1 2010 they didn't really do anything with patches, fixed a few bugs and created a few others, generally not much different to this day as the day it was released.

For F1 2012.

Bring back the "Live the life" thing. The game becomes very boring when it revolves around being stuck in a very small lifeless caravan, yes its about the racing but I can probably do the same with Rfactor if all we're doing is running the races.

Interviews : Make them a little less crap, i'm sure F1 2011 ones are worse than F1 2010 versions, and the press conferance at the end of the race was a nice touch, bring it back.

Living space : Would be nice to be able to look around the paddock, actually feel like you're at spa, monza or monaco and maybe atleast some freedom to look around, rather than stuck in a cabin with the only difference from race to race being the clothes that the 2 girls standing outside are wearing.

Replay mode : Its **** and its always been ****, make it good, make it easy to save replays.

Time Trial mode : In other words, godmode. The cars are ridiculously fast and over the top here, which makes it almost like a different game to career mode, some consistancy would be nice, as people throwing around laptimes means absolutely nothing compared to the rest of the game.

Car Models : Ok they aren't bad, but considering there are only 12 cars to model, I don't see why they can't reach the detail that Ferrari Virtual Academy or Gran Turismo 5 have managed, even some of the Rfactor user mods have more detailed and impressive car models. They aren't bad but they are a let down compared to the rest of the graphics.

Engineer: I'm not sure which one is more stupid, the F1 2011 or F1 2010. Make him less stupid.

Winning : Make wins more valuable, sending me an email saying "i'm sure you know how happy the team is from their celebrations in the garage". Well no I don't because all i got was a loading screen and another interview with BBC 5 Live radio outside my caravan. Atleast give something so you can see your accomplishments, a podium, a trophy, a press conferance, a party in the garage? atleast some spark of something.

If they want to simulate "living the life" then the game is quite lacking, as fun as the driving is. I wouldn't mind more realistic physics and tracks that are actually accurate but the game already does a good job of being a good and fun racing game despite the lack of those.

A veteran career. Where, I can race for a top team right away.

AI tuned to assists off settings and not for the TC scrubs.

I'd like a customisable player as well but they should bring back the press conference and bring in podium celebrations like F1 Grand Prix on the PSP.

Otherwise I'm happy with what we have in 2011.

A veteran career. Where, I can race for a top team right away.

AI tuned to assists off settings and not for the TC scrubs.

No one can race for a top team right off the bat, not in real life, unless you manage to impress greatly in one of the feeder series.

And plus, where's the career mode if you can just join at the top, you get rid of the fun of working your way up the F1 hierarchy.

The ability to make your own team.
That would be amazing. Develop, RND, do everything just like a real owner.
That would be great

I hope the cost of the F1 license comes down.

A big problem is how long do you develop it for, really you want 2-3 years to get a good base. Build an average game to start with and it stays average. You can't simply change much in 9 months in subsequent releases and be sure of getting it done. Plus soon we have the new consoles coming so probably a good idea to wait for them instead of trying to impress people with 2005 hardware. It would take too much R&D for a multiplatform game to shine.

They have the license since 2008 for 2009/2010 and 2011... they should have got it right by now...

If I was them I would drop the F1 games for know and with the same physics model start working on Grid 2

No one can race for a top team right off the bat, not in real life, unless you manage to impress greatly in one of the feeder series.

And plus, where's the career mode if you can just join at the top, you get rid of the fun of working your way up the F1 hierarchy.

That's why I said "Veteran Career" as in, your driver is known as a veteren as opposed to a rookie like it is currently.

This isn't my first f1/driving game. I've already worked my way up through teams in other F1 games, now it's boring. The career could be having to get so many wins in a season/championship and beating the teammate, similar to how it is now.

The ability to make your own team.
That would be amazing. Develop, RND, do everything just like a real owner.
That would be great

I'm seeing huge issues here, simply because of how the F1 license agreement is made. They're not even allowed to change the name on the car in career mode, mine still says "BUTTON"....so go figure.

Warm up lap and cool down laps then pull into the pitlane and get out and walk to the podium like you see on tv :D

Firstly, they have to put in a replay mode where you can change cars. F1 2001 had better replays than f1 2010 and 2011. Go play f1 2006 on ps2 and see their replays. you can even save them.

Secondly, they have to put in a formation lap and a lap to parc ferme after the race where they show the celebration and then the podium.

Thirdly, they bothered to put in a safety car which i was sooo happy about when is saw it in a video but it has only come out once, and that was when i crashed to see if it actually came out. Make the AI crash more and the safety car more sensitive to crashes. If someone crashes, their car just disappears after a little while which means the safety car doesn't come out. it's just dumb.

Oh this is going to be a fairly lengthy list...

- Rain graphics like F1 CE
- 60 FPS
- Better Graphics (I'm puzzled why they got worse from 2010)
- Ability to visit more places around the track than your semi
- Pit to grid lap
- Grid Walk time slot (make a quick interview)
- Formation Lap to properly warm up tires
- In lap after race
- Top 3 position (shows you fist pumping, but I want them to go over to team)
- Go through the process of scaling, walking to the room where you drop your equipement off, walk onto the podium.
- Podium Ceremony with anthems and First Person View champaign
- Walk to interview room
- Interview in Interview room
- Less stupid interview questions (I feel like I need to pull Hakkinen like answers at times)
- End of Year FIA Gala

This is a really big one. And I highly highly doubt it will ever happen. But you should get the option to start as a GP3 driver and work your way through GP3, GP2, then move to Formula 1. While entering GP3 you have the opportunity to sign deals with Formula 1 teams as a development driver.

Here's my wishlist

- More interviews, with more variety of questions and answers, Thursday press conference, on the grid prior to grand prix, Post Qualifying top 3, post race top 3, random interviews for F1.com

- Formation lap and the In lap at the end of the race.

- Podium!

- An unofficial GP2 series (called Formula179 [to avoid licensing issues]) so that at the start of career you can either start with a backmarker in F1, or join a top team's young driver program where you can race in GP2 and if you do well, get promoted to either a testing role or a driver role.

- Testing!

- Zero bugs/glitches

I know that's probably to much for codemasters to do, but hopefully they'll get to them all in time.

jcm
Here's my wishlist

- More interviews, with more variety of questions and answers, Thursday press conference, on the grid prior to grand prix, Post Qualifying top 3, post race top 3, random interviews for F1.com

- Formation lap and the In lap at the end of the race.

- Podium!

- An unofficial GP2 series (called Formula179 [to avoid licensing issues]) so that at the start of career you can either start with a backmarker in F1, or join a top team's young driver program where you can race in GP2 and if you do well, get promoted to either a testing role or a driver role.

- Testing!

- Zero bugs/glitches

I know that's probably to much for codemasters to do, but hopefully they'll get to them all in time.

Pretty much agree with everything here, especially the parade and in laps. A point is instead of using GP2 they could use Formula 2, which is an FIA sanctioned series like F1 which would probably make it easier to secure the licence.

They did something like this in the WRC 2 game I think, you move up from Super 2000 through to the actual WRC. That would be awesome in an F1 game 👍

GP2 is an FIA sanctioned series too. The license is gained from the commercial rights holders, not the FIA.

GP2 is an FIA sanctioned series too. The license is gained from the commercial rights holders, not the FIA.

I stand corrected, wasn't aware GP2 was FIA but it makes sense I suppose.

I stand corrected, wasn't aware GP2 was FIA but it makes sense I suppose.

Practically every race series is in some way or another sanctioned by the FIA. Some of the few that weren't were the ACO with Le Mans but now that is even changed.

I think it would be more of getting the rights from Renault. Which shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I can't really see Codemasters making this move. I'd love it, but lets be honest. Codemasters hasn't made a properly good game since ToCA 3.

Practically every race series is in some way or another sanctioned by the FIA. Some of the few that weren't were the ACO with Le Mans but now that is even changed.

I think it would be more of getting the rights from Renault. Which shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I can't really see Codemasters making this move. I'd love it, but lets be honest. Codemasters hasn't made a properly good game since ToCA 3.

Well, the F1 games are good. However, they're not meant to be hardcore sims.

I want something in the game to make me want to buy it. Something that F1 2011 doesn't have. This was the dilemma I faced when I wanted to get F1 2011 - if I waited a year for F1 2011, then I would get a game with all the updated rule changes, three new circuits (Bahrain, Hockenheim and Austin) and an accurate driver roster (in the end, I did get F1 2011, but had to return it because my machine couldn't handle it). Likewise, if I wait a year and get F1 2013 instead, I'd get a game with two new circuits (Port Imperial and Paul Ricard). So if I'm going to get F1 2012, it needs to have something to make it stand out.

Back