F1 2012 wishlist

• Thread starter banana123
  • 143 comments
So, just thought about it: adding more pit radio. Real drivers receive updates all the time - so it'd really add to the immersion. Voice recognition would be so awesome, I'd actually prefer the game to my girlfriend in case they'd add that. Then again, it's unlikely they're able to add that to 2012. And she's glad about that.

So, just thought about it: adding more pit radio. Real drivers receive updates all the time - so it'd really add to the immersion. Voice recognition would be so awesome, I'd actually prefer the game to my girlfriend in case they'd add that. Then again, it's unlikely they're able to add that to 2012. And she's glad about that.

I would love that, and if that can't be implemented then perhaps just a bit more feedback? Stating how big the gap is to the next driver, telling you to push and then giving some encouragement (like Rob Smedley). Just a bit more emotion and feedback would be nice.

Mr. S

I've had this exact thought for some time, even if it was something simple, to choose your tyres for next pit stop, so you don't have to use then buttons.

Tom
I would love that, and if that can't be implemented then perhaps just a bit more feedback? Stating how big the gap is to the next driver, telling you to push and then giving some encouragement (like Rob Smedley). Just a bit more emotion and feedback would be nice.

Exactly - voice input would just be the extra bit on top of that. Then again, switching tyres should be the only thing you can change on your car using voice input. Changing the fuel mix, however, would be unrealistic. :D

ch3ng
The Last Time Sony made a F1 Game wasn't Good. The Game was Bad.
PD is to busy and they should Create a GT6 instead and Give 100% :)

Last but not least Codemaster dont want to make a Full SIM.

It is not possible. GT5 has about 45 FPS. F1 would need decrease the graphics to Get 60 FPS.

Reason: Current console

You can't Get this awesome weather effects, 24 Cars etc. without some Lack of quality. They had to decrease the Car quality.

I thought GT5 had 60?

And Monaco Chicanes during the race, in the rain, goodbye FPS.

Edit: Maybe we could get different radio guys too, like a different one for each team? Would be hard to get all of them though.

Tom

At the moment all Rob would say is.

Get out of the car Felipe the car can go faster on its own.

At the moment all Rob would say is.

Get out of the car Felipe the car can go faster on its own.

Yeah, it's kinda devastating right now...especially seeing Alonso win in this, sorry, abomination.

Matty
But then it's two games (two years worth of cars) and may stop people buying the next game.

I bought only 2010 yet, because i dont need a F1 Game every Year.
I think a 1 Year Cycle is Good because some Fans want it...

Cowboys965
I thought GT5 had 60?

Yes PD said that, but they Said GT has nativ 1080p too and thats wrong too.

Sony had lied. Thats Marketing :P

GT5 has about 45 FPS as i Said :)

Well b2t

I would like to see a improved career mode and maybe a "F1 TV" Mode with Highlights, Interview from the Real F1 Season.

Career Mode improvments:

- A Highlight Film After the Season with ingame Content.
- More and better random Message
- more years in a career
- A youth Academy (Would be important for F1 contracts)
- Test Drive to optimize the Car before season.
- better AI etc.

But then it's two games (two years worth of cars) and may stop people buying the next game.

That's the point, just make one core game like you'd see with rFactor or iracing. Then introduce the next season of cars, in say April or May of next year with the first big intro of updates to the cars. Then you'd pay for the new season pack at a premium. Or at least do something like this for the PC version. It would be official and better than what you would probably get from rFactor or rFactor2 (obviously we don't know on this one).

It's a hypothetical, not something I'm all that serious about so don't take it too much to heart. Also if they patch the system similar to how PD work on GT5, they could tweak the physics if need be before the next batch come out.

I only have a few to add:

- Make the instant replays go back longer. I don’t use flashbacks, but I do like to watch if I pull off a nice pass on someone.

- Allow full control of tyre sets and usage all weekend (i.e – able to assign which set of what compound to be used each stint etc). – I’m currently doing a full distance championship as Webber(regretting this choice, should have gone for the Sauber), and this option feels like its missing. Running lightly roaded tyres makes a huge difference for the first few laps of a stint albeit shortening it slightly.

-fix the bug where in qualifying and practice if you select to run tyres that have been used, the game puts a new set on the car anyway

Probably not possible but:

- Make career mode start in 2009 (or earlier if licensing allows) and progress through the years, rather than race the same year over and over.

1. I wouldn't mind warm up laps.

2. Maybe Pre Season testing at Jerez and Catalunya.(Although that would mean creating a track that would only get use in this mode)

3. Create a Custom Driver where you can create a Driver to look like yourself.

4. Change the Race Engineer back to the guy who did F1 2010 or get someone else. I hate the current one's voice and he always seems negative rather than positive about your perfomance whether your doing good or bad.

5. Podium Celebrations (that can then tie in with your custom driver).

-better car tunning options/more detailed
-realistic settings for all wheels
-more helmet designes
-warm up lap and the lap after the race is finished
-better physics
-better graphics (specially ps3)

Have to say it is very annoying to do long races and as soon as you cross the finish line it's just... over. Something, anything else after that point, would be better.

- Make career mode start in 2009 (or earlier if licensing allows) and progress through the years, rather than race the same year over and over.

That one is pretty high on my list as well. They do have the 2009 models, they used them to advertise F1 2010 before they had the chance to model the actual 2010 cars.
It would be great to go through 2009-2012 seasons indeed.

My fear is though that they keep this up their sleeves until their contract with the FIA does not get renewed.

They can't do career start in 2009 unless they get a new licence.

They have a licence to produce a 2012 game and thats it. And in 2013 they will have a licence to produce a 2013 game and thats it.

Last edited:
Every possible driver - Not just the main 2 drivers (The sub drivers/test drivers). This gives more options within drivers being injured and such. It also gives more flexibility when you start a new season as there will be *maybe* different drivers on different seasons.

DriftStyle
Every possible driver - Not just the main 2 drivers (The sub drivers/test drivers). This gives more options within drivers being injured and such. It also gives more flexibility when you start a new season as there will be *maybe* different drivers on different seasons.

If only the liscenced allowed that :(

(The new liscence might allow that, but I'm assuming it's the same as last year's).

Why on earth would anyone who buys a game called F1 2012 want to start playing with cars from 2009?

the same reason they would buy a 1980 (or whatever) F1 DLC in a 2012 F1 game.... the problem I see in getting into a 2009 car and progressing from there to a 2012 car is that the cars instead of getting quicker get slower and ruin game progression.

I want it to kind of be like F1 2006 with classic cars and a trophy room. Also classic tracks with the classic cars would be nice. It would be cool to design your own helmet too.

nitrorocks
I want it to kind of be like F1 2006 with classic cars and a trophy room. Also classic tracks with the classic cars would be nice. It would be cool to design your own helmet too.

Or be able to use other driver's helmets.

I want it to kind of be like F1 2006 with classic cars and a trophy room. Also classic tracks with the classic cars would be nice.
I doubt Codemasters would do that. The licence applies to the 2012 season. They looked at introducing older cars and circuits as DLC for F1 2011, but nothing ever came of it. They obviously couldn't get the licence for it.

Although a trophy room is a possibility. I remember playing Colin McRae Rally 2.0 on the original Playstation, and that had a screen where you could view every event in the game and your progress through it. It made it much easier to work out what you still needed to do in order to get 100% completion.

Perhaps Codemasters could do a variant on this, with an extra set of achievements that can only be completed in a hardcore simulation mode. Completing an objective would unlock a former World Champion's helmet, which you could then view in a "trophy room", or use online. For example, scoring eight consecutive pole positions could unlock Ayrton Senna's helmet (since Senna himself did it). Winning the championship before the thirteenth race of the season could unlock Michael Schumacher's 1994-1995 helmet (since Schumahcer won the 2002 title after 11 races, or 64% of the season; 64% of 20 is 13). Winning a race four Grands Prix into your career could unlock Jacques Villeneuve's helmet (as Villeneuve won the fourth race of his first season). Winning a race from 17th on the grid could unlock Kimi Raikkonen's (since Raikkonen won the 2005 Japanese Grand Prix from 17th on the grid). And so on and so forth, with one achievement for each of the thirty-two World Champions.

it would extent the life of the game immensely.
That was one of two reasons why I suggested it.

The other reason was that I was playing DIRT 3 online a lot last year, and it was ridiculously easy to get some of the unlockable content. You basically just had to get to a certain level, and you would receive new skins or whatever. I ran into a couple of players who were utterly hopeless, but still had all the extra content. So I came up with the idea of unlocking champions' helmets by repeating their feats in the hardest difficulty setting to turn unlockable content into a badge of honour.

Back