F1 2012 wishlist

• Thread starter banana123
  • 143 comments
Level-restricted online filters - Your single player(?) level affects which rooms you can join. Of course, this wouldn't fully stop nooby, terrible driving online, but it might reduce the amount of players who just play to crash.

Maybe they could employ a safety rating, a bit like iracing. That could stop the players who play to crash.

Seeing how the game is handing out penalties for crashing into other cars...please, no. :(

The iracing safety rating works on a basis of when you hit someone. Therefore, whenever you hit somewhen, it affects your safety rating.

So if they implemented this into F1 2012's career mode, it could also help online. If you choose to race cleanly and avoid accidents, you'll have a good safety rating. Then when you go online, the game will group you with other people who have good safety ratings. This, hopefully, could lead to better racing.

I understood what you meant but F1 2011 isn't able to understand who hit someone in the first place - quite often you get hit but also get the penalty. This would need to be solved beforehand.

I understood what you meant but F1 2011 isn't able to understand who hit someone in the first place - quite often you get hit but also get the penalty. This would need to be solved beforehand.

True, the game often blames you for anything you do. Even if it was the clearly the other guys fault.

I'd like to be able to assign gear up and down to the shifter on the DFGT wheel. Unless I'm doing it wrong, I cannot do this in the 2011 version.

DA__dogg
I'd like to be able to assign gear up and down to the shifter on the DFGT wheel. Unless I'm doing it wrong, I cannot do this in the 2011 version.

It should already be assinged. Unless you mean the manuel sequential thing in the right, in which case: no, it probably doesn't work.

Yeah I mean the gear shifter knob on the right side of the DFGT. It worked in F1 2010 but not in F1 2011 apparently. Oh well, I use the paddle shifters in F1 2011 but I liked having that option to use the gear knob for long straights like on Monza for example.

DA__dogg
Yeah I mean the gear shifter knob on the right side of the DFGT. It worked in F1 2010 but not in F1 2011 apparently. Oh well, I use the paddle shifters in F1 2011 but I liked having that option to use the gear knob for long straights like on Monza for example.

The paddle shift is more realistic anyway :)

jcm
The paddle shift is more realistic anyway :)
I know but I like to use the gear shifter on the right in straights. It's a minor issue but I'd like to be able to assign gear up and down to that shifter. 👍

You know what I'd like in F1 2012? I really missed the Trials that you did for teams to determine whether you got a drive with them or not. It was really great and I wish they they could implement it again. Also, I'd love to see Pre-Season Testing introduced even if it was just at Jerez and Catalunya. Maybe the car starts out with lacklustre handling and poor reliability and have to do more testing in order to improve the car. Or maybe you're just instantly quick out of the box if you signed with one of the higher teams. Thoughts?

Tom
You know what I'd like in F1 2012? I really missed the Trials that you did for teams to determine whether you got a drive with them or not. It was really great and I wish they they could implement it again. Also, I'd love to see Pre-Season Testing introduced even if it was just at Jerez and Catalunya. Maybe the car starts out with lacklustre handling and poor reliability and have to do more testing in order to improve the car. Or maybe you're just instantly quick out of the box if you signed with one of the higher teams. Thoughts?

To the last idea... I don't like it, I like having to work my way up.

Tom

This, and like the test driver part in F106 CE too. that would be cool of hey could add GP2 like the old NASCAR games had NNS and NCWTS.

nitrorocks
This, and like the test driver part in F106 CE too. that would be cool of hey could add GP2 like the old NASCAR games had NNS and NCWTS.

Nascar 07 had 4 Nascar Series! Cup, NNS, Trucks, and Wheel Modified :) I also really liked how you could make rivals by crashing people, and allies by 'Share Drafting' people 👍.

Yeah but that game was far too easy. I think a legends challange would be cool, like you have a season to play F1 in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s along with the current main game season. Also if you could play these old school type seasons online that'd be cool, but I think a fun upgraded new game would be just fine. The one thing I want is a full 24 online player so each f1 car can race with a real driver.

LMSCorvetteGT2
Yeah but that game was far too easy. I think a legends challange would be cool, like you have a season to play F1 in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s along with the current main game season. Also if you could play these old school type seasons online that'd be cool, but I think a fun upgraded new game would be just fine. The one thing I want is a full 24 online player so each f1 car can race with a real driver.

👍

Not only is Nascar 07 the only game I use all aids on, but I also only use a controller, despite owning 2 wheels :)

And how about co-op career at McLaren in 1988 :) That'd be awesome 👍

jcm
👍

Not only is Nascar 07 the only game I use all aids on, but I also only use a controller, despite owning 2 wheels :)

And how about co-op career at McLaren in 1988 :) That'd be awesome 👍

This.

Back