F1 2015!

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quasar100
Why is there no talk about F1 2015 here?

Cannot wait until this it out on next gen! #PS4
At the moment no dates are confirmed however, there was word that it was expected to be out sometime in March this year. (This was before F1 2014 was released on PS3) which is quite disappointing.

I do hope we have something to look forward to soon!

Please post news, views and expectations here for all to enjoy!

Well damn between PCars and this the May/June game time is going to be slim. Really thrilled the 2014 content is in there as bonus as well.

i hope the career modes is alot better.i like the sound of being able to talk to my race engineer and also given that they are not coding for last gen aswell, iam hoping that this game pushes the hardware, codies games used to feel a little too arcady for me so hoping for a big change

i hope the career modes is alot better.i like the sound of being able to talk to my race engineer and also given that they are not coding for last gen aswell, iam hoping that this game pushes the hardware, codies games used to feel a little too arcady for me so hoping for a big change

I would assume they stick with their Simcade style of physics... and can we talk back to the engineer? "Leave me alone, I know what I am doing!"

What I want to know is.. did they get the Fanatec PS4 wheel drivers?

Exactly! Otherwise the game will remain in the store if I'm forced to buy another wheel. LOL

The CSW V2 is AMAZING with Codemasters F1 games. A lot better than the V1 IMO. Based on the past it does seem that Fanatec and Codemasters do have a relationship. =)

For me the biggest thing they could improve is the framerate.

FMW
Exactly! Otherwise the game will remain in the store if I'm forced to buy another wheel. LOL

The CSW V2 is AMAZING with Codemasters F1 games. A lot better than the V1 IMO. Based on the past it does seem that Fanatec and Codemasters do have a relationship. =)

For me the biggest thing they could improve is the framerate.

If I can get enough confidence that Codies games, WRC games, etc will support the budget friendly Fanatec (CSR, GT3) wheels it could save me a nice chunk of money vs T300.. plus I have seen some cool mods for the pedals that come with the discount bundle to make a handbrake for rally..

Still using EGO engine? No thanks.

Yes. But it is highly unlikely to be anything like past EGO engines, funnily enough.

" all new version of EGO tailored to deliver the ultimate FORMULA ONE videogame experience and act as a significant step forward in the game’s visuals and physics-based handling model."

Yes. But it is highly unlikely to be anything like past EGO engines, funnily enough.

" all new version of EGO tailored to deliver the ultimate FORMULA ONE videogame experience and act as a significant step forward in the game’s visuals and physics-based handling model."

We'll see about that. Judging from past Codemasters press blurbs any talk about physics is more marketing-speak than an actual difference. As long as the base engine is the same there's not much you can do with it. It'll probably be better than F1 2014, but it won't magically be rFactor level. I'm okay with simcade in Grid and Dirt, but with F1 I feel they should move towards sim a bit more. F1 cars are relatively easy to drive in a game even with full sim physics (because of their high downforce and grip). With TCS, ABS, ASM it's frankly impossible to spin one unless you try really hard. I don't see the need to dumb down the physics at all.

F1 2010 visuals upgraded to next gen with F1CE physics would be the perfect F1 2015 for me. But anyway, I'll reserve final judgment when the game is out.

Last edited:
But there is no base engine, this is an all new next gen engine so of course there's more they can do with it.

We'll see about that. Judging from past Codemasters press blurbs any talk about physics is more marketing-speak than an actual difference. As long as the base engine is the same there's not much you can do with it. It'll probably be better than F1 2014, but it won't magically be rFactor level.

F1 2010 visuals upgraded to next gen with F1CE physics would be the perfect F1 2015 for me.

I don't think rfactor level is their aim. F1 is already a niche on gaming market, they can't effort to lose all casual gamers.

I don't think rfactor level is their aim. F1 is already a niche on gaming market, they can't effort to lose all casual gamers.

If you look at the sales figures from F1 2010 to F1 2014, you'll see that it has been steadily declining. I think they have lost the casual gamers already. The simcade physics probably also turned off sim gamers. The only people buying the later games are either hardcore F1 or Codemasters fans. And the number of those people are also dwindling. Unless Codies can reinvent the F1 genre again like they did with F1 2010, I don't see the franchise surviving with them. By moving the physics towards sim and getting the basics right (aka NO bugs/glitches at launch and all features WORK properly) they might attract the sim gamers again. Hardcore F1 and CM fans will be happy because they finally get a good game. Word of mouth will get the casual gamers back again. Profit.

I predict a spike in sales for F1 2015, simply because it's a new F1 game on next gen (and because there's a lack of racing games at the moment). But if it's just an evolution from F1 2014 instead of a revolution I fear F1 2016 bomb completely.

Looks like there's finally a reason to think of investing in a PS4. I am excited to see commentary back. And voice recognition looks bad ass. Feel great can't wait!

can someone stress them for supported wheels on codemaster forum or twitter?
They were always poorly supported in past games
thanks

EGO engine? Sigh.

Wish they would ditch that treacherous thing already.

As its been stated numerous times, its a new Next-gen engine. Its not going to be the same one we've seen.

I haven't played since F1 2012. Do cars run up each other's wheels like they would irl?
Not entirely. I wish the GRID damage physics would carry over to F1. Then you'd have a better simulator for F1.

Do cars still explode instead of crunching?
Depending on the crash severity yes. It's not too bad if you need a refresher, but it's about as empty as the last three NASCAR games in terms of single player stuff.

Sounds great. Most things I've wanted for an F1 game.

Just one question though. In career mode will it be possible to have customised racing numbers like the current drivers have for example Lewis has 44, Rosberg 6, JB 22 etc?

Last edited:
Ego engine = No buy! Codies games got truly average when they built the Ego engine...Not 1 great racer has came from it.

Back