F1 2015!

Depending on how much has improved I may get this.

I have a low opinion of CM's games though. Not got one since 2011 and I used to buy every year.

Ego engine = No buy! Codies games got truly average when they built the Ego engine...Not 1 great racer has came from it.
Grid Autosport was great. I need loads of classic cars and tracks as an incentive to buy another F1 game, as modern F1 has the same appeal to me as counting bottles in a milk factory. Last year's roster isn't going to do it for me.

Can we merge the two threads for this?, also for those who played 2014, do they balance the cars or are the Mercs on a different level?

Why are you blaming the engine on mediocre game development.

The engine clearly did not suit the type of game they were creating, You dont go from amazing Colin McRae or Toca games to poor Grid and Dirt games in a few years with the same team
Have you actually played a Codies game
Yes, They were amazing up until the 360/PS3 era! I understand youngsters dont know about Codies amazing history with racing games and think Dirt is "totally rad dude" but it was very average for us that grew up with Codies games even all the way back to Dizzy days 👍

The engine clearly did not suit the type of game they were creating, You dont go from amazing Colin McRae or Toca games to poor Grid and Dirt games in a few years with the same team

The design choices is why the games are different not the engine.

The design choices is why the games are different not the engine.
So the engine has nothing to do with the floaty physics that were not there in previous games? You honestly think it was a design choice to make DiRT and Grid to handle weirdly rather than trying to get to grips with the new engine?

It does not matter what site your on most people put Codies failure of last gen down to the dreaded Ego engine.

Last edited:
Well damn between PCars and this the May/June game time is going to be slim. Really thrilled the 2014 content is in there as bonus as well.

From what I read that's all that's in there, it won't release with any 2015 cars... only "hybrids" of 2014 cars with some 2015 bodywork.

From what I read that's all that's in there, it won't release with any 2015 cars... only "hybrids" of 2014 cars with some 2015 bodywork.
yes, which will be fully updated asap as season progress.
However bodywork and different performances from 2014 (i.e. ferrari should be way stronger, they also won today by lapping red bull and raikkonen went from last to 4th) are enough for me if i get the fame in june instead of october.

Wut? So the cars don't even have '15 spec? What's the point in buying it then if you already have F1 2014? (not that this years cars are that different). The series is becoming as stale as it's real life counterpart :D

yes, which will be fully updated asap as season progress.

Call me a cynic as far as CM's track record goes with this series... but for "updated as the season progresses" I read "released incomplete once again".

We may get the new core package by May/June but how late in the year will we actually get a completed game this time?

Wut? So the cars don't even have '15 spec? What's the point in buying it then if you already have F1 2014? (not that this years cars are that different). The series is becoming as stale as it's real life counterpart :D
at release date just 2014 cars with 2015 livery and nose. Later in the year will be fully updated. Career will start in 2014 and complete in 2015 with different calendar and drivers.

if you already have f1 2014 you can wait the game to be fully updated. it was clear back in summers 2014, in fact buying f1 2014 was senseless.

Now as a massive f1 fun i won't miss the game. Clearly is not the best era of f1 due to stupid regulation but races are still enjoyable. Today race was stunning and seems to be a sort of competition.

However, aside regulations, nothing really different from old f1 championships... from Senna to Schumacher ad Vettel. People speaks without knowing numbers.

I'm curious if CMs will overpower mclaren or have it with its real performance..

Call me a cynic as far as CM's track record goes with this series... but for "updated as the season progresses" I read "released incomplete once again".

We may get the new core package by May/June but how late in the year will we actually get a completed game this time?
no idea, i guess september for fully update cars.

So the engine has nothing to do with the floaty physics that were not there in previous games? You honestly think it was a design choice to make DiRT and Grid to handle weirdly rather than trying to get to grips with the new engine?

It does not matter what site your on most people put Codies failure of last gen down to the dreaded Ego engine.
The engine has something to do with the "floaty" physics but do you really think they re-did all of the physics from the old engine to the ego engine. I doubt it. They probably copy and pasted and changed some things using new technology/techniques.

Does not matter now anyway as i just read the post from Racecar about it being a brand new engine for nxt-gen. Happy days! 👍

The engine has something to do with the "floaty" physics but do you really think they re-did all of the physics from the old engine to the ego engine. I doubt it. They probably copy and pasted and changed some things using new technology/techniques.
That's what every single developer does. If your think it's feasible to rewrite millions of lines of code every year, think again ;)

I would assume they stick with their Simcade style of physics... and can we talk back to the engineer? "Leave me alone, I know what I am doing!"
Or "don't talk to me when I am in the corner" (Lewis in Malaysia). ;)

I do think the series is stale and a lot would have to be offered in a 2015 F1 game for me to buy it

I took a pass on F1 2014. But if F1 2015 looks good enough, I would consider getting it. I quite like F1 games, more than other racing games at least.

Does not matter now anyway as i just read the post from Racecar about it being a brand new engine for nxt-gen. Happy days! 👍

If you consider the EGO Engine 4.0 a brand new engine... than F1 2015 will be a brand new game just like F1 2013 was a brand new game with its brand new (at the time) EGO Engine 3.0 and F1 2011 with its EGO Engine 2.0.

If you consider the EGO Engine 4.0 a brand new engine... than F1 2015 will be a brand new game just like F1 2013 was a brand new game with its brand new (at the time) EGO Engine 3.0 and F1 2011 with its EGO Engine 2.0.

Except none of those Previous titles after F1 2010 were on a new engine. This one is Built on Next-gen, which means it is in no way the same engine the previous games were used on.

jpg

jpg

jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-a-little-more-drama-into-codemasters-series

Looked at the pic with the Red Bull and thought "Daniel, is that you?" :lol:

Edit:

Replay cams are truer to their broadcast inspiration, thanks to the ability of the new engine to show the whole F1 field at once. It probably helps that the fields slightly smaller this year, too

Cp62j1q.gif

Last edited:
Back