F1 2015!

This is a must buy for me I think. Pre ordering a limited edition from game. I just feel like it's going to be a very very good game and they are simply keeping expectations low for their first next/current gen effort. Because let's not forget, thus isn't just the first current gen f1 game, it codemasters first as well. This will set the tone for things like dirt, grid and anything else they may use the new ego engine for.

Just got a very good feeling about this game and the people complaining and hating on codemasters on their official forums are gonna miss out on something special I feel.

I suppose. Just surprised that all we've really seen of gameplay so far are some dodgy off-screen E3 videos, especially since this is Codemasters first game coming out on the new hardware. Seems strange there's been no extensive previews from sites like insidesimracing or teamVVV. I feel like they're hiding something...

Looks excellent. Glad to see updated cars in there so nice to know it has a day one patch. The AI look like they will be a good challenge for once, and it looks visually beautiful.

Graphically, the game looks decent although everything looks a bit too clean and flat. Also, the wheels in some cars (Sauber for example) look too small in the cockpit cam. Still no details on pit stops, safety car, marbles, tyre temps, penalties, ERS etc...

Graphically, the game looks decent although everything looks a bit too clean and flat. Also, the wheels in some cars (Sauber for example) look too small in the cockpit cam. Still no details on pit stops, safety car, marbles, tyre temps, penalties, ERS etc...

Well obviously pit stops are in we have seen them, marbles and tyre temps are as it's part of the rebuilt physics model, penalties have been seen in videos for corner cutting st least so expect more there and ERS? Well unless this isn't actually an F1 game I imagine the cars power units are included.

Yeah game looks a lot better now, will probably pick it up after Project CARS, 60 FPS is a game changer will wait for DF analysis though.

60fps but it does drop on certain tracks in certain situations the devs have said. I would imagine back of the field in Monaco during stormy conditions might be one of those situations. Replays are 30fps which is disappointing I guess but they look so good in don't mind at all.

60fps but it does drop on certain tracks in certain situations the devs have said. I would imagine back of the field in Monaco during stormy conditions might be one of those situations. Replays are 30fps which is disappointing I guess but they look so good in don't mind at all.
Can you switch cars in replays, if not then I really don't understand why the replays are 30 fps...

Not sure on that. Haven't seen any replay videos that have the controls on screen. Teamvvv will be uploading more videos over the coming days do maybe we can find out in some of those. Though I imagine it might have something to do with the TV angles having to squeeze in more trackside detail and stuff but who knows.

Hopefully those rain drops that sit on the screen can be turned off. Also, it would be better if the driver's hands don't go through the chassis when turning the wheel.

Last edited:
List of voice commands taken from the F1 2015 manual, not sure if its been posted yet:

VOICE CONTROLS
The Voice Controls system will allow you to directly interact with your Race Engineer. You can request detailed information about the current session or even request on the fly changes to your race strategy.
In order to use the Voice Controls system, take the following steps where the system is available:
  • Press and hold the Voice Controls button
  • A list of possible commands will appear
  • Speak one of these commands as it appears. When it is recognised, the command will be highlighted and the Race Engineer will confirm that he has understood
Certain commands will take you to a new list with more detailed commands. For example, in a race, the Box This Lap command will load a new list that will include commands to set which tyres and downforce levels to put on at your next pit stop. Remember to keep the Voice Controls button held until your Engineer has understood your commands, as this will ensure he continues to listen.
RACE
Box This Lap
Opens your pit window on the current lap, and changes the Command List to In-Lap
Full Race Update
Requests full race information including position, gaps to drivers ahead/behind and laps remaining
Driver In Front
Requests detailed information on the driver ahead
Driver Behind
Requests detailed information on the driver behind
Inform Pit Window
Requests information regarding your next pit stop
Vehicle Condition
Requests information regarding the damage, tyre status and temperatures of your car
Fuel Target
Requests information on your current fuel usage
Weather Forecast
Requests an update on the predicted weather for the remainder of the session
IN-LAP
Set Prime Tyres
The team will put Prime tyres on your car at the next pit stop
Set Option Tyres
The team will put Option tyres on your car at the next pit stop
Set Intermediates
The team will put Intermediate tyres on your car at the next pit stop
Set Full Wets
The team will put Full Wet tyres on your car at the next pit stop
Adjust Wing Up
Your front downforce level will be increased at your next pit stop
Set Wing Balance
Your front downforce level will be set to a balanced position at your next pit stop
Change Wing Down
Your front downforce level will be reduced at your next pit stop
PRACTICE
Understeer Advice
Requests setup advice to assist with understeer
Inform Oversteer
Requests setup advice to assist with oversteer
Traction Advice
Requests setup advice to assist with poor traction
Position Update
Requests your current position in the session
Vehicle Condition
Requests information regarding the damage, tyre status and temperatures of your car
Weather Forecast
QUALIFYING
Position Update
Requests your current position in the session
Inform Team Mate
Requests your team mate’s current position in the session
Weather Forecast
HIDDEN COMMANDS
Hidden Commands do not appear in the command lists, but can be used when the Voice Controls button is held down, regardless of the active list.

Engineer Quiet
Mutes your Race Engineer
Engineer Talk
Unmutes your Race Engineer
Engineer Repeat
Asks your Engineer to repeat his last statement

Hopefully those rain drops that sit on the screen can be turned off. Also, it would be better if the driver's hands don't go through the chassis when turning the wheel.

First time I see them, maybe they shouldn't have spent time with those cheesy TV-like cut scenes...

Knowing Codies, this will go wrong 60% of the time all the time.

Different team to the ones in the past though, new lead etc. I think, and indirectly Alan on Team VVV has mentioned, perhaps the lack of modes and stuff is an indication that they are working on making the game work, as in work properly. It's really the only reason I can see them having for leaving out staples like career mode. Just make a good game that works and build on that.

Mark my words, this game won't be broken, won't need many if any patches and 2016 will have career mode back as well as any other features we may have lost in this iteration.

The resell value is astoundingly high too, I got 35 quid! :lol:

Aww man, dont tell me things like that :P

I'll probably get pence for the game I will trade, F1 2014, grid autosport, fifa 14 and drive club. But hey, every little helps.

Aww man, dont tell me things like that :P

I'll probably get pence for the game I will trade, F1 2014, grid autosport, fifa 14 and drive club. But hey, every little helps.
:lol: GAME are ridiculous with trade-in prices!

Different team to the ones in the past though, new lead etc. I think, and indirectly Alan on Team VVV has mentioned, perhaps the lack of modes and stuff is an indication that they are working on making the game work, as in work properly. It's really the only reason I can see them having for leaving out staples like career mode. Just make a good game that works and build on that.

Mark my words, this game won't be broken, won't need many if any patches and 2016 will have career mode back as well as any other features we may have lost in this iteration.

Not a chance, I accept your bet :D

@Classic you did WHAT?

I got rid of pCARS, was sick of waiting for the patches and dealing with the bugs for a lacklustre career mode. Just wasnt for me I suppose :)

damn, I'm about to pick up a cheap used copy this week :(

It doesn't have a Career mode?! Is it just a single season approach then? If so, then that is pretty crazy. It is up to us to imagine our own career progress I guess - Start with Marussia and begin a new season with Sauber for example.

It doesn't have a Career mode?! Is it just a single season approach then? If so, then that is pretty crazy. It is up to us to imagine our own career progress I guess - Start with Marussia and begin a new season with Sauber for example.

In truth we don't know much about how it will be structured. But yes it seems like a straight forward championship style affair with a few nifty things thrown in.

I'm honestly surprised so many people are this disappointed at the lack of a career mode. Admittedly, the last Codies F1 game I played was 2011, but they didn't seem to do anything revolutionary or interesting with it. You could move up to better teams which was cool, but the interviews seemed to have zero affect on anything, and otherwise it was just a standard season affair anyway (correct me if I'm wrong). I want to see an F1 game (or any series-based racing game, for that matter), with a dedicated franchise mode where the player gets to act as driver, technical director, owner, etc. and move resources around to build a better team. That could actually be interesting.

Latest Posts

Back