F1 2015!

But wasn't the game also meant to come out early in the year, and have the cars updated in game to keep them up to date with in season updates? That's what I read earlier this year, and it hasn't happened. So if the game comes out mid - late year and the cars are all launch spec it's still a bit of a failure considering what they said.

But wasn't the game also meant to come out early in the year, and have the cars updated in game to keep them up to date with in season updates? That's what I read earlier this year, and it hasn't happened. So if the game comes out mid - late year and the cars are all launch spec it's still a bit of a failure considering what they said.

I don't think they ever gave a date if remember.

I don't think they ever gave a date if remember.

No but they said before 2014 came out that the reason 2014 would only be last gen was because 2015 would be released early in the year, and updated regularly to keep the cars up to date with the real life updates. I remember thinking it was a good change in their approach to f1 games. But it never materialised that way because we're still waiting, and now people saying the cars will be pre season test spec, which are almost all significantly different to what they are now.

I honestly don't care. I want a racing game that for once isn't buggy. In this day and age a complete racing game is a far away dream.

There's the chance that they really were intending for it to release earlier in the year but something came up. What I'm not sure (assuming the FOM didn't decide to be Difficult), but there is that chance.

Yeah, in any case, as long as they do support the game by updating the cars from their pre season spec, and fix any bugs that are present, I'll be happy to buy it. Some of their older F1 games weren't well supported, they just kinda released them, then forgot about them. Thankfully 2014 had the least bugs in the series last gen, so I hope that's a sign of things to come.

I kinda noticed something different when the physics from F1 2013 (by far, the best they've had) was also in F1 2014 (abit more interesting thanks to the Turbahs), which is something I can't say about 2010-2012. Seemed like a lot of their bugs were less just F1 and more almost every Codemasters game (Sounds cutting out, odd Frame rate drops),

2010 - 2012 had the worst collection of bugs from any of the codies games I've played. I just hope with their new more sim like physics engine they make sure they don't include a whole new selection of bugs to play with lol.

Me too.

I also really hope they nail that popping growl on the McLaren Honda:

Sure its as slow as decomposition, but that sound is just fantastic for me.

The cars are very unique this year, very individual. Hopefully they nail all of them. They'll need to get each car's aero balance and overall downforce right, plus the mechanical grip, drag, and the characteristics of each engine. It'll be a tall order to get it all right, but I hope they get it as close as possible.

The cars are very unique this year, very individual. Hopefully they nail all of them. They'll need to get each car's aero balance and overall downforce right, plus the mechanical grip, drag, and the characteristics of each engine. It'll be a tall order to get it all right, but I hope they get it as close as possible.
mclaren will sure be overpowered to please UK market and Codemaster itself.. now way we will have it fighting with Manor

The cars are very unique this year, very individual.

But they are at every race... it's a prototype series... but CM always have the cars unchanged for each team throughout the year, I'd be surprised to find if that's any different this time around.

mclaren will sure be overpowered to please UK market and Codemaster itself.. now way we will have it fighting with Manor

They were 1.3s per lap faster at Canada, just twice as unreliable (2 DNx to Manor's 1).

But they are at every race... it's a prototype series... but CM always have the cars unchanged for each team throughout the year, I'd be surprised to find if that's any different this time around.

They were 1.3s per lap faster at Canada, just twice as unreliable (2 DNx to Manor's 1).

yes, off course it was an hyperbole, what i mean is that for me in the game mclaren will be at williams level, way stronger than their actual performance

Not sure exactly what your point is there, I'm aware it's a prototype series, I've followed it for more than 20 years. My post was about hoping they will actually capture how unique each car is to drive, not just visual differences. I'm also aware of how codies did their other F1 games, as I've owned them all. They actually said this game would be updated to include in season updates to the cars, so that they wouldn't stay as pre season testing specs like they have in past games, so I would be surprised if they didn't follow through with that.

As far as McLaren go, they may be slightly quicker in the game, but I reckon they'll prob be on Force India's level, not up there with Williams. It's not in codies' best interest to make them quicker than they are, because the fans won't like it, and it's not like McLaren pays their bills. Williams is a proud english team, and they've been represented accurately as rubbish back mid-fielders in past games when they were irl, so I'd expect Macca to recieve the same treatment. Especially as codies are raving on about this game being much more realistic than their previous titles.

Not sure exactly what your point is there, I'm aware it's a prototype series, I've followed it for more than 20 years.

Fair do's, it was when you said "The cars are very different this year, very individual" as if CM had produced the game in any year where they weren't :)

Fair do's, it was when you said "The cars are very different this year, very individual" as if CM had produced the game in any year where they weren't :)

Nah I kind of meant that the cars were more similar in the 2010 - 2013 era, where they had engines that had been completely homologated and frozen, so it was only really the grip characteristics that differentiated them. 2014 codies just kind of chucked together for last gen, I can forgive them for not trying to make the cars too accurate. I expect them to try to make the cars more accurate this year though. They've got the hardware to do it, and this year's cars are very different to one another, so it'll be easy to gauge how well they've done in that respect.

I'll buy it anyway, I know I will. I'm too much of an F1 fan not to lol. :D

It is look horrible with the animation, jerky and arcadey game :banghead: I hope they can fix it. Looks like a alpha version

Its being played on a pad with high sensitivity by some person who clearly doesn't play racing titles, of course it'll look bad in their hands.

Great, first gameplay with someone using the wheel and all he does is cut the chicanes. Its looks a lot less crappy as I expected. while I know there's hardly anyone at E3 that can get on a racing sim and not drive like an idiot (I don't even think Shaun Cole is at E3), it just still irritates me to no end.

looks good, off course but buying it at release date is senseless, cars are from 2014 with just updated liveries (no mclaren and no manor).. i can't stand old steering wheels on cars so i will wait the first update and then buy it for sure

Except its been said that the cars will be as they were in the preseason tests when its released. Its not the final build.

Except its been said that the cars will be as they were in the preseason tests when its released. Its not the final build.
no, they are not in their pre-season test status cause the body is from 2014, only the nose and the livery are as of tests. Moreover also the steering wheels are from season 2014 and not pre-season tests were the steering wheels were off course new.

no, they are not in their pre-season test status cause the body is from 2014, only the nose and the livery are as of tests. Moreover also the steering wheels are from season 2014 and not pre-season tests were the steering wheels were off course new.

Where exactly did I say they were?

Again, not the final build.

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/06/f1-2015-montreal-screenshots/

The 2015 content on disc at launch will be based on the winter test/pre-season liveries as revealed by the teams before the season started. As the season progresses we’ll continue to deliver content based on the full season liveries and enhanced performance data.

Back