F1 2018 General Discussion

• Thread starter khr1s
  • 344 comments
Curious, are the physics as good as the F1 car on GT Sport? I have last years F1 game and I feel it lags significantly behind GT Sport in sim and physics.
I feel the exact opposite. The physics are closer to real life and therefore more predictable imo. You can push the cars whereas in GT Sport the cars feel nervous and gravity is set way too low. You can really see the physics come apart if you stop at a banked oval and try to accelerate again.

F1 2017 does no ABS braking really well while GT Sport no ABS is a joke.

The FFB is also so much better in F1.

Again, IMO :)

I got this game yesterday; it's my first F1 game since 2013 so I'm not that experienced. Physics feel really strange to me compared to Project Cars 2 and GT Sport. I feel as though the car lacks connection with the road and it is not a comfortable experience. I binned it 3 times at Albert Park coming out of the exact same corner; the cars DO NOT LIKE ripple strips. The AI want to kill you, as I got pushed right to the edge of the track several times. They also brake too early. Driving without traction control is definitely a challenge, but as I get used to it I'm pretty sure my lap times will become faster. The game has it's weird quirks but I'm not angry with it. I just see it as a learning experience, and mistakes are part of it.

2nd race at Bahrain in the Williams - i had a surprisingly good qualy in 8th - but then i had no pace in the race,finishing in 15th. Cars blasting past me in the straights,even though the Williams is ranked 4th on Power terms.

Do the AI use the ERS effectively aswell,for example will hit the overtake button on the straights? I need to think hot to use the ERS more efffectively.

I got this game yesterday; it's my first F1 game since 2013 so I'm not that experienced. Physics feel really strange to me compared to Project Cars 2 and GT Sport. I feel as though the car lacks connection with the road and it is not a comfortable experience. I binned it 3 times at Albert Park coming out of the exact same corner; the cars DO NOT LIKE ripple strips. The AI want to kill you, as I got pushed right to the edge of the track several times. They also brake too early. Driving without traction control is definitely a challenge, but as I get used to it I'm pretty sure my lap times will become faster. The game has it's weird quirks but I'm not angry with it. I just see it as a learning experience, and mistakes are part of it.
Controller or wheel? Console or PC?

I'm playing on PC and only the top third of the screen shows an image during cutscenes. The bottom two thirds are just black. Anyone else?

Hi, is there a way to get the status of the DRS on screen when using cockpit mode? In the other camera views, it's in the HUD, but not when you use the cockpit cam.

Hi everyone. Which difficulty level you use to be competitive with AI? Without any helpers, I competitive only on 76%-77%. On that level on modern Ferrari very difficult to take a pole. I even cannot imagine who can drive on 100% or 110%. There is such option in career mode called Pro Career, that disables all helpers and sets difficulty to 110%. This mode is completely unplayable IMO.

Hi everyone. Which difficulty level you use to be competitive with AI? Without any helpers, I competitive only on 76%-77%. On that level on modern Ferrari very difficult to take a pole. I even cannot imagine who can drive on 100% or 110%. There is such option in career mode called Pro Career, that disables all helpers and sets difficulty to 110%. This mode is completely unplayable IMO.

Personally I'm on 100% in my McLaren career mode which saw me qualify 14th and finish 8th. Medium traction, ABS off, stability off with a wheel. 2017 I ran 87% and was challenged quite a bit with a pad.

News of an update 1.05 being released on PS4.....Can you fellas confirm that? I'm an hour ahead of US Eastern time, just checked for update, but nothing.

http://updatecrazy.com/f1-2018-update-1-05-released-read-whats-new-and-fixed/

I've just checked and there are no updates pending for F1 2018 from my end

However the update has almost certainly already been submitted to Sony, but is likely to still be in the certification process. You can't just push update through the PS store without Sony giving it the once over.

I'm sure it'll arrive in due course, and given that there are quite a number of bugs to be squished we'll probably see it sooner rather than later.

Bought the game today and I'm having a blast with Mclaren. My only complaint is that Codemasters isn't using the graphism from the TV transmissions. One of the things I love on FIFA is exactly that, the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga and the graphism of all leagues and national cups they have. I think the immersion would be even better with that.

Personally I'm on 100% in my McLaren career mode which saw me qualify 14th and finish 8th. Medium traction, ABS off, stability off with a wheel. 2017 I ran 87% and was challenged quite a bit with a pad.
Thanks. I practiced yesterday and tested my skills on Ferrari in Melbourne. I tried to understand my skills by taking first place in practice session in dry conditions. Ok I can increase difficulty up to 80% and my best lap with ERS: 5, Mix: 3, Tyres: US was 1:25:764. Also I increased downforce a little.

As I don't use any helpers at all, including traction control, initially I was afraid to push throttle more boldly at the exit of the corners. Now I found the grip is better than I expected, so I improved lap time. I use wheel and drive with cockpit cam with enabled halo.

Bought the game today and I'm having a blast with Mclaren. My only complaint is that Codemasters isn't using the graphism from the TV transmissions. One of the things I love on FIFA is exactly that, the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga and the graphism of all leagues and national cups they have. I think the immersion would be even better with that.

Haha I guess they have to hold back on some features for next years game. Would be very cool to see the official hud though. Although I prefer to play in cockpit cam so doesn’t bother me too much. Would be cool to see it on the replay videos and Tcam views though :)

Nope, like all the other characters in F1 2018, she looks like a mannequin with a dodgy paint job. Character modelling is most certainly not Codemaster's forte.

They even missed out Ocon's acne.....What a shame mate! :confused: :dopey: :lol:

Great fun so far, started my career at McLaren at a damp Albert Park, 102% AI. Having a great race until a SC appeared, pitted to go onto SS tyres, but came out behind the SC a lap down, and wasn't allowed past as i should've been Lost nearly a lap to those that i was racing before the SC came out.

I hope CM fix that with the SC in letting lapped cars past, it worked in previous games that way.....Here's hoping!

Love the game

Attachments

• 4CE44948-FEF2-4262-B33D-BC95D527B2EF.jpeg
    4CE44948-FEF2-4262-B33D-BC95D527B2EF.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 25
I thought I’d read somewhere that you didn’t necessarily need to do the practices to get resource points. Am I mis remembering?

Seems a shame to still have 6 objectives to do before doing the bit I want, which is qually and race and still be able to develop the car.

Back