F1 2019 General Discussion Thread

Any advice for race starts? Obviously I get the rpm right and drop the clutch. I seem to either get loads of wheel spin and spear off into the wall, or have to go so slowly to avoid wheel spin that I loose places. I’m playing on a Logitech G29
Practice, practice, fail and then practice more. ;)

A steady foot on the RPM at the start is key for me, even though plenty of times I fail miserably. :lol:

Also, if you find you have too much wheelspin, try changing to 2nd gear sooner.

Practice, practice, fail and then practice more. ;)

A steady foot on the RPM at the start is key for me, even though plenty of times I fail miserably. :lol:

Also, if you find you have too much wheelspin, try changing to 2nd gear sooner.
Yeah I’ve tried short shifting, even up to 4th gear and still getting wheel spin!

Yeah I’ve tried short shifting, even up to 4th gear and still getting wheel spin!

Try adjusting your throttle mapping in the game menu. I have throttle linearity at ~35 to help slow the torque demand through a larger portion of the pedal's travel arc. Takes some trial and error to find what works best for you, but it helps with both launches and oversteer management once you get it dialed in. No reason to leave the pedal maps alone. F1 cars have pedal mapping variations. It's all down to preference.

I just had a really freaky moment - so i use the earphone to listen to the engineer,who has had the same voice in ever F1 game over the years.

And suddenly he changed into a Stephen Hawkins voice for a radio message during the German GP - I literally **** my pants haha.

Anyone else heard this?!

Also,has anyone seen a really low flying drone on a track?! I had one fly right past my helmet in China - is that glitch? I know Dirt Rally 2 has them..

After nearly 2 seasons done,ive not seen past a max of 2 retirements in a race....strange as there were more previous games.

Since nobody reacted to my questions in a separate thread, I will try here. Since there is no guidebook for this game, which is the common situation with all games these days, I suppose you guys figure out which button does which and how to access different functions etc. I have no idea how to react to the race engineer when it comes to changing my strategy, I know how to change fuel mixture or change brake bias using the arrow buttons on my ps4 pad, but how do I tell them that I want to pit or want to change the number of pit, but most of all, how do you manage to do all this while you are being chased by Hamilton on a twisty track full of walls? By the way I cannot read the miniature font on my TV screen when racing and I don't want to sit right in front of the TV screen. I guess it would be much better if we could choose the size of the font.

Depends on your system but on PS4 you can use L1 and voice control I believe. With the dualshock controller i believe you access it through arrow down and then arrow right to confirm something or go deeper in the mfd.

But as you said on some tracks this is quite difficult and voice control is basically your only option.

I myself did some online racing with friends today and I was impressed with the amount of idiots out there, but this might have been due a little to the format: 5 laps, no qualifying, random grid. Still I don't understand why you would just steer into players or dive into them without a chance for an overtake.

Depends on your system but on PS4 you can use L1 and voice control I believe. With the dualshock controller i believe you access it through arrow down and then arrow right to confirm something or go deeper in the mfd.

But as you said on some tracks this is quite difficult and voice control is basically your only option.

I myself did some online racing with friends today and I was impressed with the amount of idiots out there, but this might have been due a little to the format: 5 laps, no qualifying, random grid. Still I don't understand why you would just steer into players or dive into them without a chance for an overtake.

It is difficult without any manual, I don't even know what MFD is. I understand they don't print paper manuals any more to save the planet, but they could at least have it online on their website. If a beginner buys this game no matter how many racing games you played in the past you are clueless. I can go to the menus and check setup, but for example today the race engineers ruined my race by opting for intermediate tires when the track was drying and all other cars had slicks. Then I pitted again as I was / for some mysterious reason they gave me fuel only for a few laps so I pitted again to get fuel and hoped that at last I would be granted slicks, but no, intermediate again, so I ended up last and spinning out. I guess the team should have enough IQ to give me the right tires and the right amount of fuel, no? I tried to push all buttons on my gamepad to find options for tires, but there was nothing. Just downforce, fuel mixture and the third thing ERS I guess they called it.

What is also silly is that I got fired by McLaren although I scored much more points that my teammate, won a race, was second once but I did not read their silly emails... so I got a sack in the middle of the season... I wonder if in history in F1 a driver was fired midseason after winning a race and coming second in another.

Seriously, I am not sure if the game has a printed manual in the box, I bought it second hand but I doubt it as there is probably no manual with the bought game online. I mean if you spend money on the game you should get a manual, no? If there is no link to it nowhere on the internet, I will write to Codemasters.

Seriously, I am not sure if the game has a printed manual in the box, I bought it second hand but I doubt it as there is probably no manual with the bought game online. I mean if you spend money on the game you should get a manual, no? If there is no link to it nowhere on the internet, I will write to Codemasters.
Ok, went to race, stopped at the track, had very little time, cuz they DQ you soon, so went throgh all the buttons on my gamepad and discovered how to cycle through different things and found tire choice and other things. I still think that selling products without a manual is silly. They could have it online on the game website. But there is nothing, maybe a few tips.

I'am sorry mate but I gotta reply again, the way you are typing is not really inviting to help you.
I tried previously and you only kept going on with your monologue and mentioned that you don't know what the mfd is ( that has to be somewhere on Google ).

But if you want some help here just ask a clear question ( and a thank you afterwards would be appreciated ). Because frankly I still don't know which system you're on.

I have recently just got the game and still waiting for it to update (slow internet).
One thing I want to know is what level difficulty (number) is a realistic level?
If you understand me. or what level would you all suggest.
Previous f1 games I have played are 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017.

I have recently just got the game and still waiting for it to update (slow internet).
One thing I want to know is what level difficulty (number) is a realistic level?
If you understand me. or what level would you all suggest.
Previous f1 games I have played are 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017.
Realistic difficulty level is really all down to how good the player is.

Some manage 100% AI fine, some even 110%, but some might find 85% the right for them. It's all up to you.

Test it out in some Grand Prix races. ;)

AI level basically all comes down to skill, not only in one lap but in consistency. I myself vary between 90 and 100 depending on the track ( without setups and with a controller ). But I also have friends who race at 70 or 75 who enjoy themselves a lot with the game. If we race online together we select the cars in such a way that we can fight with each other

I have just started the game properly last night (career mode) and I was thinking there would be a full season of F2 racing but nope, just three feature races then its like pick an F1 team. Why is it like this?
I wanted a full F2 season.:banghead:

Probably a dumb question. But is it quicker to rank up your safety rating with 5 lap races? Or do you get more “points” for the 25% races?

Really trying to get it to S but lap one is always total chaos. It’s all about survival. :lol:

Gosh in my carreer, last GP of the season, just finished 5th at Abu Dhabi starting last because of penalties, what a great race that was. I then realise I was classified 20th, 1 lap behind! Looking at Race Director, I got two warnings for cutting the track, but that's all! I used both type of tires etc. I have no idea what happened. Anyone?

Is there a way to change your race weekend settings after starting a career save? I’ve done a season with my Qualy session being just the one session, but I was hoping to change it to the 3 part qualy (mainly to add a bit more strategy to tyre choices during the race). Is there a way to do so?

I think so, after selecting your career save and during the loading screen. It should show the button to push for options, based on your console / computer, and then you can make changes there. Most of the options become locked when you are actually into the career workstation / garage areas.

Back