F1 2019 General Discussion Thread

Is there a way to change your race weekend settings after starting a career save? I’ve done a season with my Qualy session being just the one session, but I was hoping to change it to the 3 part qualy (mainly to add a bit more strategy to tyre choices during the race). Is there a way to do so?
I think so, after selecting your career save and during the loading screen. It should show the button to push for options, based on your console / computer, and then you can make changes there. Most of the options become locked when you are actually into the career workstation / garage areas.
After every race, there will be an option screen where you can customize the next event/race before actually loading it fully.

So in my career Hamilton has won the first two seasons,but at the end of season 2 Racing Point became the top developed car and Perez looked to be challenging for the title on season 3...so where does Hamilton move to? Thats right....racing point!

So season 3 is looking like an epic battle between him and Perez for the title - they are so far ahead of everyone else.

At Renault iam currently the 3rd worst developed team - and battling for 8th,9th,10th place every race - but im enjoying it! I just cant see me ever challenging for the title in this game...

I took this great photo yesterday, want to share with everyone here:
F1® 2019_20190927224425.jpg

In career,if all the teams 'max out' on the development chart - do they all go back to the original performance?? (eg Mercedes fastest)

I think that would just make all the cars equal

It doesnt seem to be that way...in mine Racing Point are maxed out but Mercedes are nearly there now and are performing much better that RP....so it looks after 3 or 4 seasons the top teams are back to the top and the other teams will never have a chance again?!

It doesnt seem to be that way...in mine Racing Point are maxed out but Mercedes are nearly there now and are performing much better that RP....so it looks after 3 or 4 seasons the top teams are back to the top and the other teams will never have a chance again?!
Like @Blob_91 says it could also be the drivers that are signed for each team and your AI difficulty as well as possibly to what upgrades that team has focused on.

Hey guys, just noticed the previous f1 games are on sale in N.A. on psn. F1 2018 is 80% off and f1 2017 85% off, etc.
Pretty good deals, i think ill get F1 2018 for 15.99$ cad. I didn't like as much the 2019 demo, like the tire scrubbing sound etc, and I'm not much into online and not such a big F1 fan, but i like the F1 2018 demo so this will suit me fine i think.
Cheers.

Really got back into this over the past few weeks. I truly think this is one of, if not thee, greatest motorsport based racing game of all time. Everything just feels right with it. The cars handle convincingly, the graphics (on PS4 pro at least) are beautiful, the sounds are spot on.

But the 2 things that really take it to the next level and beyond for me, the career mode and the racing itself. I love that the car development and stuff is deep enough to make a difference to how you play, but I also love that you don’t have to do every practice session, you can simulate them without penalty and still earn resource points. So I can run 1 or 2 programmes in FP1 then simulate P2 and P3 then head to qualifying and race. It helps speed up progress through the career mode to a point where your still involved and invested in it but you don’t start losing interest halfway through season 1 like I used to with the older F1 games. And even basic things like stat tracking through the multiple seasons just adds an element of desire to the career mode play through.

And then the racing is just sublime. You can feel the work that has gone into the AI to make them racey without being overly aggressive and with the slider based difficulty scale it means you can fine tune it perfectly to your own ability which again keeps it entertaining and flowing through the play through.

Love it.

Really got back into this over the past few weeks. I truly think this is one of, if not thee, greatest motorsport based racing game of all time. Everything just feels right with it. The cars handle convincingly, the graphics (on PS4 pro at least) are beautiful, the sounds are spot on.

But the 2 things that really take it to the next level and beyond for me, the career mode and the racing itself. I love that the car development and stuff is deep enough to make a difference to how you play, but I also love that you don’t have to do every practice session, you can simulate them without penalty and still earn resource points. So I can run 1 or 2 programmes in FP1 then simulate P2 and P3 then head to qualifying and race. It helps speed up progress through the career mode to a point where your still involved and invested in it but you don’t start losing interest halfway through season 1 like I used to with the older F1 games. And even basic things like stat tracking through the multiple seasons just adds an element of desire to the career mode play through.

And then the racing is just sublime. You can feel the work that has gone into the AI to make them racey without being overly aggressive and with the slider based difficulty scale it means you can fine tune it perfectly to your own ability which again keeps it entertaining and flowing through the play through.

Love it.

agree as am enjoying this version better than previous. Need to spend more time on career mode as I never completed ones on the past as got bored with them.

I enjoy career mode immensely. Got a couple wins in my first season but well off a championship run. I still use assists and am grateful for it, I like it to be fun over frustrating. Honestly though I have the most fun in the F2 championship. I won 2018 as Nicholas Latifi, so am trying to repeat as 2019 champ.

I moved to Mercedes half way through Season 4 - joining Weber as TM,who is well on his way to win it after Hamilton has won the first 3 seasons,the third with Racing Point.

I won my first ever race at Belgium after there was a 5 car pile-up on the part before Eu Rouge,all 5 retired - and guess what,there was no safety car.

Im really enjoying the career though,lets hope i can challenge for the title in season 5.

Just finished my first season, with Haas. A 10th at Abu Dhabi dropped me from 4th to 5th in the standings. Staying with Haas for now, a lot of movement otherwise. Leclerc joined Verstappen at Red Bull, leaving Ferrari to sign Magnussen and Stroll. Vettel is with Racing Point now. Grosjean got the boot and now Weber is my teammate. I upped the difficulty a little for season 2. I had 5 wins first go round, here's hoping more consistency pays off.

Started a career with Ferrari alongside Leclerc. Won the drivers and constructors championship after an intense battle with Leclerc and Devon and a tough development battle against Mercedes. Won 8 GP with 11 poles through the season and it still all went down to Brazil with a podium being good enough to take the crown.

Season 2 has started tricky. Beaten by Leclerc and Hamilton at Melbourne before winning Bahrain, took 2nd behind Verstappen at a rain affected China before a poor 9th at my 3rd worst track on the calendar. Sitting 3rd in the championship.

S2 saw Bottas back after missing S1 signing with Renault and Vettel who made way for me at Ferrari returns with Alfa Romeo. Hulkenberg went to Toro Rosso with Kvyat going to Haas, Räikkönen to racing point and Magnusson leaving the grid with Stroll.

New F1 player here coming from GT Sport on PS4. Initially I thought I would be able to jump right in but boy was I wrong. At first I was frustrated and overwhelmed, but after watching a ton of YouTube videos by Veloce Esport https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQzi1flzJ0wFGivXZ34ugHw I have a much better understanding of whats going on. The game is so deep and the career mode is outstanding. I'm still pretty terrible and working hard to remove the assists but the challenge and strategy make this game so much fun and very satisfying. I'm still trying to figure out the best setup for my Thrustmaster T300 wheel.

I still use most of the assists. Hard not to for me. I'm starting to know all the tracks better, but I am terrible at the city circuits. I don't get much time to play but I will play this for a long time. Helps I got my first multiplayer win the other day too.

I still use most of the assists. Hard not to for me. I'm starting to know all the tracks better, but I am terrible at the city circuits. I don't get much time to play but I will play this for a long time. Helps I got my first multiplayer win the other day too.

City circuits are my worst too. Difficult to get a good rhythm.

One thing codemasters needs to add to future F1 games is more safety cars.

In game you can have a full Monaco GP with no safety car or vsc and few returements. Which is just kind of wierd to me.

That's one thing they have to have in the games from next year is real life probability of a safety car for all of the tracks etc. A circuit with a high chance of safety car will have one during a race in game and a circuit with low chance of a safety car won't.

I'm I making sense?

The thing missing in that regard is the difficulty in recovering cars. In the game, every retiring car parks up, remains stopped where it is for about a lap and then just vanishes.

What would be great is if "zones" were added into the circuit which would trigger certain events depending on what was in them. If a car pulls off onto a grass area on a straight, it would likely be a VSC, for example, but anything stopped anywhere around Monaco would likely require a full safety car, and certainly anything on track would be a safety car. The big thing that comes to mind with this is seeing bits of debris around circuits, often Azerbaijan and Monaco. The parts are obvious and tend to hang around on circuit for a long time, and again in real life they would normally bring out a VSC to clear them.

This probably sounds really easy but would be really difficult to code, however I think given what the game already does, it isn't far fetched. Going an extra mile is seeing how the game understands a "mechanical failure" from "terminal damage", and whether again this would also affect code. mechanical failures tend to be easier to clear unless gearbox releated, whilst terminal damage is nearly always a long safety car period to clear.

Had a nice run in multiplayer yesterday to get to A safety rating. I think I had 5 3rd places in 10 or so races. It said 3 races to progress, the 3rd was Azerbaijan... I am actually starting to like the track. Tough technical fun.

I went online to find setups, got the Haas within 3 tenths of my previous Mercedes time trial at Monza. I call that progress. Just need more practice now.

Just went back to this gem after not hardly playing it when I got it (when it released). Had played the last couple iterations pretty extensively and just didn't do a whole lot with this one - mainly played around with the classic cars/tracks a bit and did a few online races, hadn't played it since. Ran a race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and had an absolute blast with it.

Anyway, just throwing it out there... and agree with the last few assessments that there should be a little "work" done in the form of safety car/VSC/caution zones, as Magnusson retired on lap 15 or 16 and his car was there at Turn 9 for two laps, and then it was just gone. There was a yellow "zone" when he first retired, but passed that one time and then it was like it was already gone - even though it was clearly still there. Small gripe for such a fun game though. I guess there is always something they could improve on. 👍

I came back to this recently, with an F2 race at Monaco in the rain... My setup was poor I think because it was absolutely awful to handle! Good to be back though, I've never liked Monaco so I'll get past that race quickly...

The only thing that did annoy me though is an issue I had way back when the game was in it's infancy. Same settings with an F2 race at a wet Monaco, where you can't set the level of the fuel or the engine setting before or during a race. Back then, everyone ran out of fuel before the end of the race and was cruising around on fuel save mode. I emailed Codemasters about the issue and got no response...

Well this time, only I ran out of fuel! It was better admittedly - The AI did a lap on fuel save before and I had to do the final sector, whilst this time I ran out on the final straight. It was enough for Schumacher to pass me though....

After consecutive wins at Monaco and Canada in the Racing Point... I think it's time to edge the difficulty slider up a bit further. Though it must be said the Monaco race was a blast - from pole of course - Ricciardo extended his first stint for three laps after everyone else, I was tucked in behind him and thought the madman was on a no stop or had undercut the hell out of everyone until I nearly annihilated both our cars when he turned into the pit lane.

Man the game is good, it's really good, but I still have to find that sweet spot for the difficulty. I want to out qualify Perez but I feel way too quick outqualifying Ferraris and Mercs.

Back