F1 201X - Updates & News Discussion

England
Kings Lynn.
Dixon_F1
Last edited:
Haha, I am too familiar with the pit problem. You go first in and have to wait 10 sec. because a car from pos. 20 has too drive by to avoid dangerous driving in the pits. That's a bummer!! There isn't much news on the new game though...

Looks like they might include pre-season testing in this game. Hopefully that'll be fun.

Damn...I hope it is amazing and has more stuff, from what I have played they're doing better each year it seems. I just hope more people on GTP go for the PC version, but I doubt it.

LMSCorvetteGT2
Damn...I hope it is amazing and has more stuff, from what I have played they're doing better each year it seems. I just hope more people on GTP go for the PC version, but I doubt it.

I will be on PC. I had 2011 on XBOX and the only reason I didn't get it for PC was because the CSR wasn't "officially supported." Most of us know how DiRT 3 was... I have that for PC and while the graphics are outstanding the force feedback nearly wants to make me slit my wrists.... Not really though. This may be because my wheel isn't officially supported... Probably not. Honestly, in DiRT 3 PC I am faster WITHOUT FFB than with it. This stopped me from purchasing 2011 for PC. But, I will keep posted here and if my wheel gets that status it needs then hopefully we can set up some tourneys on PC. Maybe by then I can get done with some of these programming classes and get a few tips from my father and contribute to some community mods.

Well I'm glad to see more people are shifting toward PC, I too will get a new PC later this year once I move. The current one isn't mine but a family one (long life story) which is 6 years old and near its final leg, right now I'm trying to repair it. Anyways the the look and feel of the game that I tried with friends makes me want to go the PC route. Also the PS3 version wasn't as fun for me. Hence why I think 2012 on PC will be great, I just hope that the first round DLC isn't bug fixes this time, but probably will be.

Well this is evolving to a discussion whether to get a PC, laptop, PS3 or Xbox. Well let me ask one question, I'm playing the 2011 game on a PS3 and the frame rate is pretty poor, especially on Monaco, it's real slow motion. Heard that the frame rate is better on Xbox/PC?? See if we could get the frame rate from GT5....that would be fantastic :)

Well this is evolving to a discussion whether to get a PC, laptop, PS3 or Xbox. Well let me ask one question, I'm playing the 2011 game on a PS3 and the frame rate is pretty poor, especially on Monaco, it's real slow motion. Heard that the frame rate is better on Xbox/PC?? See if we could get the frame rate from GT5....that would be fantastic :)
I’m getting ~55fps on PC, it depends on specs and graphics settings.
But there are a few bugs with the PC version, I still get the occasional crash, but it’s a lot less often than it used to be.

I'll get a gaming laptop, but only after I buy the Thrustmaster 500RS and F1 Wheel Rim; then the RBR F1 Playseat :)

^This, but I'd rather have a generic f1 rim not the Ferrari one. Also if money and wife allow me, I'll probably get the regular f1 playseat, that purple one you know. I think it also comes in black. Oh and a PC instead, I use a lab top for other computer things.

Steve Hood Interview Part 2

Hood's dissatisfaction with the first two games in the series and how the F1 games are likely to change with the arrival of next-gen consoles.

Q: Do you think this game, F1 2012, will be the one to hit that standard? I guess you may not know until you're finished. Or do you think you'll always be chasing that goal, never completely happy?

SH: The components are starting to come together now. I know what all the different features are, and how they're working in their own branches, if you like. For example, things that the A.I. guys have been doing in their branch of the field, that's brilliant – but I haven't yet had them together in one complete package that you'd expect to get as a game. But they're all showing promise – the weather, the feel of the physics.

There are guys who are slaving away on the car handling all the time with the physics programmer. They'll think it's at a really good state of play – "This is brilliant! This is as good as we can get it!". Then I'll sit down, do a lap with it and say, "This is ****! We've got to do better than that". It must be massively frustrating for them, I'm sure, working with me. But then they'll play around, and they might find something – "Oh, we could do this as well!" If I'm playing it and I'm saying, "That is good"... I rarely like things, so if I do like it then I think we're heading in the right direction. And it is better this year, definitely.

Full Story here - http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2012/news/interview_with_f1_2012s_steve_hood_part_2.html

I'm glad that you keep us up to date :) But still no big news and September is on its way...really fast. No details, but I hope that's it's true...that they are working hard on the physics and AI.

1.im so going to buy this on pc again!cuz i bet that those graphics "again" on pc is not compareable to consoles..but i hope they will be tho.. 2. Im looking forward to see the all features after the race and before it.(podiums,celebration in there,champagne:),press event(the one after the race i mean) and so on..it would be also sick to have a possibility to run co-op championship on LAN,and hopefully better online play(cut that ramming somehow..)

I think they will make a big fuss about the "young driver test" thing, but previous F1 games have had test sessions , big wow!
Unless they have something under-wraps such as Manager Mode or being able to watch sessions while in the pits , i might give the game a miss, and buy it every other year like i do Fifa.

Formula 1 2012

F1 2012 will introduce a new Young Driver Test mode as one of the headline additions to the series that will take players even closer to the experience of becoming a FORMULA ONE driver. Players will be introduced to the world of FORMULA ONE through a range of tutorials explaining how to handle racing’s most exciting and responsive cars, and challenged to earn a drive from a team for the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
In F1 2012 players will feel the unparalleled thrill of becoming a FORMULA ONE driver with a host of new features, wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements and extensive competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. F1 2012 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the debut of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX at Austin, Texas and the return of Germany’s famous Hockenheim circuit to the calendar.
F1 2012 is set to deliver the most accessible and immersive FORMULA ONE game for fans of all abilities.

The First Screenshots

546278_10150847601087060_2046039307_n.jpg
545164_10150847601257060_1732558933_n.jpg

166539_10150847601197060_74881132059_9869007_932657580_n.jpg

I like it, but ti looks way to similar to 2011. i want to see some graphical improvement, but if they make positive changes to gameplay and physics then I'll be okay.

Also, will the Mclaren's nose change? They can't just keep it like that.

Last edited:
GAMEPLAY!!!!

Looks like we can change brake bias on the go, better sounds, nice graphics and the car looks less floaty.

Last edited:
Looks good! I like the brake bias adjuster, and the new track looks interesting, mix of twisty bits and wide straights. The really wide first corner should produce some great overtaking.

Lookes massively overhauled. Physics engine looks pretty good, with snap oversteer under braking now an issue, and the car actually has some sort of stability at the rear while you take a high speed corner. That ,and the sound is majorly improved. Looks like 3rd time's the charm.

gorsad
True, they could. But I hope they remodel it.

Why should they? That is how the car looks in real life. They are within the regulations. I think that the other cars with the bumb look very strange...almost ugly :)

Back