F1 201X - Updates & News Discussion

Why should they? That is how the car looks in real life. They are within the regulations. I think that the other cars with the bumb look very strange...almost ugly :)

They are not talking about revising the nose to look like other stepped noses. They are talking about new revised nose by mclaren, which is a little bit higher than initial one due to producing better air flow underneath the car.

The reason why they probably won't do that is becuase every single car changes a little bit for each track. It would be near impossible to revise and update all the stuff teams change.

My bad! Didn't get that. But all those small changes that the team makes are really not that important, they revise their aero pack during the season and that is completely normal. I mean, it's not important for us who just play a game, in real life....don't know, probably gives them an advantage.

Peace!

PS. "Sandman" keep the info coming, and I haven't seen a interview from InsideSimracing yet?! The one from yesterday...

PS. "Sandman" keep the info coming, and I haven't seen a interview from InsideSimracing yet?! The one from yesterday...

Will do, keep checking the thread (subscribe to it).
As for ISR interview, they are probably editng it and all that crap, so i suspect it will be up in the next few days 👍 but as soon as i see it, it will be on here. :D

Is it just me, or are the "stickers" on the cars still choppy? Don't know, but that just bugs me. What do you think guys, have they improved the frame rate? I can't see it...

Is it just me, or are the "stickers" on the cars still choppy? Don't know, but that just bugs me. What do you think guys, have they improved the frame rate? I can't see it...

That's the number one issue for me. The Frame Rate on the PS3 was not impressive, though it did improve ever so slightly with the patch. SLIGHTLY! 2010 on the PS3 was better in that regard.

Once this game comes out the whole F1 section will be getting revived with more people posting. That should be nice.

I wonder how the damage looks, probably the same but I hoped they improved it a little bit.

Last edited:
Once this game comes out the whole F1 section will be getting review with more people posting. That should be nice.

I wonder how the damage looks, probably the same but I hoped they improved it a little bit.

I agree, they modelled a few parts very well such as the wings etc. but the body and crumpling of the chassis itself was poor/non-existent.

I think they were restricted by some legal stuff, such as they couldn't show realistic damage or body parts crumpling. Not sure about this but I've heard that was the reason.

I'd be fine with a GT5 type damage system, not a lot of exterior damage but you can feel there's something wrong with the car when you crash.

I think they were restricted by some legal stuff, such as they couldn't show realistic damage or body parts crumpling. Not sure about this but I've heard that was the reason.

I'd be fine with a GT5 type damage system, not a lot of exterior damage but you can feel there's something wrong with the car when you crash.

I kinda thought they had this dialled in anyway; if the front wing fell off for example, you felt an appreciable drop in downforce. Now you mention the legal stuff, I'm sure I heard that before aswell.

I use the bumper cam (better sence of speed) but I will surely use that T-Cam when replaying my qualy laps...

And they didnt replace the old one... they added another T-cam... so its 2 Tcams, the centered and the offcentered

Back