F1 201X - Updates & News Discussion

Guess they're taking tips from modders. The T-Cam looks exactly like a mod I saw some time back. I wouldn't use it but it's nice to have it. When you look back the wing feels much closer than before.

I am sooooooo excited about this game. Just picked up 2011 the other day and i'm having a great time with it. This game looks amazing, much more realistic looking that 2011.

Guess they're taking tips from modders. The T-Cam looks exactly like a mod I saw some time back. I wouldn't use it but it's nice to have it. When you look back the wing feels much closer than before.

Or they are taking tips from real life TV angles.

Apparently, according to Stephen Hood, they will be realising more info on the career mode in couple of weeks time, he said that they are trying to take it to the next level in terms of living the life as a Formula 1 driver. Ought to be good. :)

Jiggins
Apparently, according to Stephen Hood, they will be realising more info on the career mode in couple of weeks time, he said that they are trying to take it to the next level in terms of living the life as a Formula 1 driver. Ought to be good. :)

Hopefully.

I like what Hood says about there being a "story" to the season, with subplots that come up - like McLaren's pit problems, or teams trying to get on top of tyre issues. It gives me confidence to hear that, because I think the career mode really needs work, especially in the off-track stuff. I'd love it if there was a first-person mode for the paddock, where you could walk between the garage, motor home, media centre and so on, and actually interact with personalities within the sport. Of course, it would probably take a whole lot of processing power to implement what is effectively a cosmetic thing.

That said, I like the attitude of trying to make every years of career mode feel like one season rather than twenty races.

I like what you are saying "prison monkey" but this would demand a lot of power with no result for the driving experience. I must admit that I'm also missing a more personal career experience.

Do you guys remember one of the "Toca" games, I believe that was the name. It had a good career mode, there was a lot of drama, but what ever!

Peace...and give us a better career mode. On the other hand, career mode in GT5, absolutely no connection between the different races?!

I like what you are saying "prison monkey" but this would demand a lot of power with no result for the driving experience. I must admit that I'm also missing a more personal career experience.
Well, I just think it was a little bit flat in F1 2010 and F1 2011. And the problem faced by F1 2012 is that there hasn't really been a lot of changes between 2011 and 2012 (especially compared to the changes between 2010 and 2011). Right now, F1 2012 is going to have tighter gameplay mechanics, updated driver rosters and the United States Grand Prix. That's it, really. But if we wait until 2013, then we could be getting New York, Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico, Mar del Plata in Argentina, Paul Ricard, and we lose Valencia (and Spa). Plus, we'd get prettier cars, since Charlie Whiting wants to get rid of stepped noses in 2013, updated driver rosters, and any new rules that get introduced (ie Pirelli was pushing for qualifying tyres).

So F1 2012 is really going to need something to make it stand out. I like this focus on being a part of the the Formula 1 season, but the problem with the career modes in F1 2010 and F1 2011 was that they were all text-based. When answering questions to the media, you could predict the effect of the stock answers, and manipulate it accordingly. it would be nice if things were a little mroe complex - like, for example, if the team has a bad performance (like Renault at Singapore last year), then you really notice it in the garage. Or if you collide with another driver, the game might recognise that and you'll be asked questions and the results dictate driver attitudes toward you.

prisonermonkeys
Well, I just think it was a little bit flat in F1 2010 and F1 2011. And the problem faced by F1 2012 is that there hasn't really been a lot of changes between 2011 and 2012 (especially compared to the changes between 2010 and 2011). Right now, F1 2012 is going to have tighter gameplay mechanics, updated driver rosters and the United States Grand Prix. That's it, really. But if we wait until 2013, then we could be getting New York, Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico, Mar del Plata in Argentina, Paul Ricard, and we lose Valencia (and Spa). Plus, we'd get prettier cars, since Charlie Whiting wants to get rid of stepped noses in 2013, updated driver rosters, and any new rules that get introduced (ie Pirelli was pushing for qualifying tyres).

So F1 2012 is really going to need something to make it stand out. I like this focus on being a part of the the Formula 1 season, but the problem with the career modes in F1 2010 and F1 2011 was that they were all text-based. When answering questions to the media, you could predict the effect of the stock answers, and manipulate it accordingly. it would be nice if things were a little mroe complex - like, for example, if the team has a bad performance (like Renault at Singapore last year), then you really notice it in the garage. Or if you collide with another driver, the game might recognise that and you'll be asked questions and the results dictate driver attitudes toward you.

I agree fully mate!

Of course, the problem is that any new features Codemasters work into F1 2012 will likely be carried over to F1 2013.

Here's an interesting tid bit from the guys over at Inside Sim Racing. They interviewed Steve Hood and Paul Jeal and they did a fan Q & A. At the 18 minute mark the best question for us PS3 owners was addressed. Basically...Will the PS3 version be treated as the red headed step child compared to the Xbox 360? Surprisingly, they said they know that PS3 owners were not happy and they put the right people to tackle the issues and to expect a dramatic difference. Famous last words =)
I for one hope they improve the frame rate and graphics to be on par with the box. =) Not too much to ask for right?

Let's just hope Monaco online won't have as much or any LAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-GGGGG. (If you know what i mean) The sounds for the cars sound improved aswell. I'm also curious about GP-2 in F1 2012 Career mode.

That's the only thing I'm asking for and it seems that the frame rate is going up, up and UP!! Thanks for the info guys...

Bobert power
Let's just hope Monaco online won't have as much or any LAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-GGGGG. (If you know what i mean) The sounds for the cars sound improved aswell. I'm also curious about GP-2 in F1 2012 Career mode.

Where did you hear gp2 from?

Codemasters said they considered including GP2 cars as an introduction mode for F1 2010, but decided it was too complex to implement and took the focus away from Formula 1, and so scrapped it pretty quickly. They haven't mentioned it since.

Would be a dream for GP2 (and GP3?) to be included, like the MotoGP game where you progress through the lower ranks also. Unfortunately though this does not appeal to the "not-so-hardcore" F1 fan who wants to jump straight into F1 without the rubbish cars bit first.

All looks and sounds really good so far though, I tend to spend my entire time in career mode since going online never leads to good racing from what I've seen... I now have DiRT Showdown if I want a demolition derby!

I`d be wary of what codemasters say and all the claims of miraculous improvements steve hood/codemasters make as they talk up the next installment. They have a history of promising gold yet delivering nuggets (you know the kind i mean).

They are than likely just telling people what they want to hear, so the game will sell and they will move on to the next installment while spinning the the same promise`s again.

A bit OT, and not sure if it's been covered already. I was watching the ISR report earlier and could notice that the input lag is still very noticeable on this game, I really hope they take care of that before the game is released. For me it was a real game braker on 2010 and reason why I never got 2011.

Anonymous sources.
It's easy to claim just about anything as being real when you have an anonymous source. I could tell you that all of the current drivers have recorded voice work for the game, as part of the career mode, and I can tell you that I heard it from anonymous sources - and you have no way of verifying it. An "anonymous source" is usually code for "making something up to get a headline".

I think that since CM is trying to expand career mode, I think that they might add feeder series' aswell.
They have given no indication of this in any of their interviews.

F1 2012 is about Formula 1. Not GP2. GP2 has no place in a Formula 1 game.

They are pointing to something big in career, there is an interview where Stephen said they have something "big" for career mode planned and it would be announced in the coming months.

I think this is being misinterperated as a feeder series.

A feeder series makes no sense. Like I said, when people buy Formula 1 games, they buy it to drive Formula 1 cars. What they don't want is to be forced to race lesser cars for several seasons before they can get into the Formula 1 series.

The only way it could possibly work would be if there was one feeder race as an introduction to the game, a GP2 race somewhere like Abu Dhabi (like last year's GP2 Final), where your results in the race would determine the Formula 1 teams that offer you contracts. However, since the game will have the Young Driver Tests, this idea is pointless and redundant.

Back