F1 201X - Updates & News Discussion

DK
There's a couple of embarrassing glitches in the PS3 Classic Edition (at least):

1: If you want to restart a race, the game suddenly thinks it's opposite day. "Yes" returns you to the pause menu, while "No" restarts the race.

2: If you're in a practice/quali session, choosing the "Drive Out" option puts you at the beginning of S3, while "Flying Lap" means you do the whole out-lap before setting your times.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game so far, but I struggled during quali at Melbourne. I was 21st in a Force India, but had a 10-place penalty for spinning out Gutierrez. I managed to storm through the field and take 9th, though, and I qualified 11th for Malaysia.

Haven't had either of those opposites issues. PS3 Classic edition here too.

I have been having weird force feedback issues with my g25. I didn't notice right away but it felt like gt4 and it turns out my force feedback isn't working. I can see the wheel moving on screen and I get no physical response, and it makes the steering crazy lose. All effects are at 100 percent and drivers are all good. The only weird thing is how it makes the wheel register as custom vs the Logitech formula thing. If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it!

I have been having weird force feedback issues with my g25. I didn't notice right away but it felt like gt4 and it turns out my force feedback isn't working. I can see the wheel moving on screen and I get no physical response, and it makes the steering crazy lose. All effects are at 100 percent and drivers are all good. The only weird thing is how it makes the wheel register as custom vs the Logitech formula thing. If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it!

My G27 had working FFB the first time I played but no FFB today. The fix I found at Codemasters forum was "Override Input Device to Wheel" and in grafix settings, 59Hz or 100Hz and turn on V-sync.

My dad just went up to gamestop to pay for the game and they told him it doesn't come out until the 29th :odd:

Edit: And I just found out why:

So, it looks like I may want to consider the PSN download.

Well, boooo on the Codies. 👎 Not sure why this is a issue now, F1 2010 nor F2011 had this issue in the US.

I guess i'll be waiting for the physical release. :ill:

Well, boooo on the Codies. 👎 Not sure why this is a issue now, F1 2010 nor F2011 had this issue in the US.

Wait a minute, it did? Maybe its because I didn't pre-order them, but I never heard about that.

Downloaded from PSN last night. 7.1G for Classic Edition

A couple of issues thus far, but nothing major.

-When I modify some of the controller settings (e.g. FFB) while in TT mode, the engine sound disappears. I have to return to the Main Menu and restart TT to regain the sounds. Not sure if this is also an issue for GP mode, Career mode, etc.

-Steering wheel rotation is once again limited to 200 degrees. This is unbelievable to me, but perhaps after their update in 2012 that opened the limit to 360 degrees, they received too much negative feedback. I for one welcomed this change to a realistic steering angle. But for the plug and play users that didn't even know a formula existed to control steering angle after the update, I can understand the frustration of suddenly having to turn the wheel another ~90 degrees to achieve the same steering angle as before.

Luckily, the T500RS allows you to manually choose the steering angle. Simply press right on the D-pad and Mode simultaneously. Then, adjust saturation to achieve the desired steering angle. Their are 5 choices of angle, signified by the number of mode button blinks.

For reference, Thrustmaster T500RS manual wheel angle adjustment procedure:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T500RS/T500RS_PS3_Rotation_Angle.pdf

So far so good withy my Classic Edition (fromk PSN store dlc); set my G25 settings; everything at 1% (e.g. brake saturation) and FFB is 100%.

Still sorting setups of cars for tracks-relying on 2012 setups to start with. More understeer it seems so far; but still able to lose the back end and regain it

Tried online racing and one race at the paddock celebration of the podium finishers ; one driver was climbing out of an invisible car - it looked like the driver was doing an unusual break dance :lol:

Just downloaded the Classic Edition. Didn't think 2012 was worth it since I was still enjoying 2011 as it was, but the Classics really sold me on this. I didn't even know it had actually just come out yet til' Steam featured it. Can't wait to jump back into it.

You know, I should hardly be surprised at this point by any bugs that surface - series-long stars or new ones - but the FFB bug when in time trial is utterly annoying.

The feedback numbs almost entirely on corner entry, the wheel turns itself once into the corner full lock, numbs itself again on corner exit and then lightly jostles left and right.

Anyone notice the physical disc release has been pushed back yet again? Best Buy removed the October 29th date. Amazon lists it as Nov 30 and Gamestop has pushed it back to December 1.
Time to just get it on the PSN. Like it or not digital distribution is here to stay. We no longer own games to resell.

Somehow the cars feel very different in GP, career and the scenarios - not sure why's that. My Lotus was quicker in practice (career mode) than in Q3 (GP mode) too. Pretty odd unless they changed something in the patch. Nope, I haven't had vsync disabled. ;)

Same for difficulty: scenarios feel easier, even though it's on the same (maximum) difficulty.

Last edited:
Max difficulty on scenario is around professional in career I think.

Right but how can a car in GP mode (so with all upgrades, right?) be slower than in my very first season, even the first race on top of that, in career mode? That just doesn't look right. :indiff:

Meh I don't know so didn't answer that part.

To be honest I'm not really fussed either. I don't race GP mode so I can't say it affects me too much.

Meh I don't know so didn't answer that part.

To be honest I'm not really fussed either. I don't race GP mode so I can't say it affects me too much.

I usually record setup videos in GP mode, so it's a bit mindboggling - minor nuisance, so to say. :D

I'd like to ask, does the PC version use Games for Windows Live? I know F1 2011 did, and subesquenly locked me out of the game halfway through a promising career, and I skipped F1 2012 out of fear of it. After some google work, I don't think it does, but I don't want to take the chance

I don't think it does. On 2011, I was always given a prompt by it & have not seen anything similar to it on 2013. I think Racenet may have replaced it by running the online leaderboards.

Thanks very much, after GFWL shut down my f1 2011, I've been tring to find a decent offline semi-sim that the F1 games do quite well. TO THE STEAM PAGE!

FMW
Anyone notice the physical disc release has been pushed back yet again? Best Buy removed the October 29th date. Amazon lists it as Nov 30 and Gamestop has pushed it back to December 1.
Time to just get it on the PSN. Like it or not digital distribution is here to stay. We no longer own games to resell.
what the hell. :indiff:

Argh, I guess I'll just buy digital.

You guys getting the digital version are lucky, I pretty much am stuck with the Physical copies as I can't afford the digital version right now.

Back