F1 201X - Updates & News Discussion

seriously they are wrong the 80s cars sound like v8s but most are v6 the sounds are totally wrong
and one of the 90s ferraris (the f92) has a v12 in real life but sounds like a v10 they really need to update the sounds!! And how do you delete comments because I edited my comment but another one was made and I don't know how to delete

and one of the 90s ferraris (the f92) has a v12 in real life but sounds like a v10 they really need to update the sounds!!

Sounds absolutely fine to me. Only thing I can knock at in terms of sounds is Niki Lauda's 312 is too quiet.

Maybe instead of flopping about sounds, I hope the codies make more classic cars. It's little underwhelming just seeing Williams, Lotus', and Ferrari's. For the Codies being British and all, i'm actually extremely surprised about the lack of McLaren's.

Sounds absolutely fine to me. Only thing I can knock at in terms of sounds is Niki Lauda's 312 is too quiet.

Maybe instead of flopping about sounds, I hope the codies make more classic cars. It's little underwhelming just seeing Williams, Lotus', and Ferrari's. For the Codies being British and all, i'm actually extremely surprised about the lack of McLaren's.

Microsoft and Simraceway have the Mclaren license bagged up for now. Nothing Codies could have done about that.

Sounds absolutely fine to me. Only thing I can knock at in terms of sounds is Niki Lauda's 312 is too quiet. Maybe instead of flopping about sounds, I hope the codies make more classic cars. It's little underwhelming just seeing Williams, Lotus', and Ferrari's. For the Codies being British and all, i'm actually extremely surprised about the lack of McLaren's.
the 312 is also v12, but sounds like a v10........ If none of you really believe me, go listen to the real versions of the cars, you will hear the difference...
And i don't really want them adding even more cars with messed up engine sounds, quality not quantity IMO

Doubt it all you like. It just is.

In typical GTPlanet fashion, "WHERE IS THE DATA TO PROVE YOUR THEORY" :lol:

I'm getting tired of these exclusive ordeals.

the 312 is also v12, but sounds like a v10........ If none of you really believe me, go listen to the real versions of the cars, you will hear the difference...
And i don't really want them adding even more cars with messed up engine sounds, quality not quantity IMO
Seeing that you're the only one posting about it. Maybe it's your sound system? Because they sound fine man.

BUT, just to correct you - it's also not a V12. It's a 3L Flat-12.

In typical GTPlanet fashion, "WHERE IS THE DATA TO PROVE YOUR THEORY" :lol:

I'm getting tired of these exclusive ordeals.

Seeing that you're the only one posting about it. Maybe it's your sound system? Because they sound fine man.

Codemasters
Why no McLaren?
There’s no doubting McLaren’s pedigree in F1 over the two eras which we are featuring. Sadly for us, they have exclusive development rights with another game which we weren’t able to overcome in the timeframe we needed. Discussions are ongoing and we would love to feature McLaren, and other F1 Teams, in the future. This is very much our first step into the ‘Classic Arena’.

While the road cars are easy for games to license, the classic cars are more difficult. Simraceway and Forza Motorsport 5 both have deals in place to license classic McLaren content. Even then Forza 5 may have even sub-licensed it from Simraceway as they had exclusive rights until 2015.

While the road cars are easy for games to license, the classic cars are more difficult. Simraceway and Forza Motorsport 5 both have deals in place to license classic McLaren content. Even then Forza 5 may have even sub-licensed it from Simraceway as they had exclusive rights until 2015.
http://youtu.be/L0jcsX4XPr4 http://youtu.be/mA8gZDuGNZw check the comments. And to further your knowledge with solid proof, http://youtu.be/ei90-V8X30A and http://youtu.be/jSe7lncCzfI Just cos I'm the only one doesn't mean I'm wrong. I have spoken :P

Last edited:
Should you want to have proper 80s / 90s skins you can always install modded skins - they won't interfere with online play either. To be found here, most are of a lot higher quality than the default skins too. I thought I had seen an MP4/4 look-alike skin too but I can't find it at the moment. :/

fnkx.jpg

xbcd.jpg

I didn't make those, I simply wanted to show what's available on the net. I'm stunned by such work too. :)

Some of the sounds certainly aren't right. The Ferrari F92 in this game sounds like a V10.

In reality it's a V12

Big difference. Seems like they've only got a couple of the V10 cars right.

Hey all, I've tried searching the topic, and have not found anything relevant. Is there a way to do a mid session save in a classic gp? I was doing a 100% in the FW18 around Interlagos, and the mid session save was grey'd out. I'd appreciate any help you guys can give (playing on PS3)

So far I'm enjoying F1 2013 much more than 2012 the graphics are suberb (pc), I feel more confident with the cars and my career on legend is nice and challenging.

The classic cars are a blast too..

in my opinion, this game is definatley worth getting, I am a massive f1 fan however I didnt enjoy 2012 that much, so I was abit cautious on getting 2013, I'm glad I did though.

Recently got the game, enjoying it a lot. Cars feel much better to drive than 2012 (though it took me a little time to get used to it), it feels like a perfect blend of all the previous handling models. Tracks and cars look great, classic content and cars are fun to play with and the mid session save is a life saver for me. I love this game so far

The last few replies are making me consider actually getting it. I don't know how 2012 felt with the wheel but I hated the feel with a controller, the steering lock gave the impression of understeer, even if it wasn't. My main gripe for example was if you'd lose the back end, you flick the stick form full left to full right and end up putting about 60 degrees of angle change on it. If this has been modified in 2013 I'll play it because I do want to use the classics but can't be doing with the frustrating wheel changes all the time.

The last few replies are making me consider actually getting it. I don't know how 2012 felt with the wheel but I hated the feel with a controller, the steering lock gave the impression of understeer, even if it wasn't. My main gripe for example was if you'd lose the back end, you flick the stick form full left to full right and end up putting about 60 degrees of angle change on it. If this has been modified in 2013 I'll play it because I do want to use the classics but can't be doing with the frustrating wheel changes all the time.

Hmm, well, the classic cars aren't that fun to drive. I have to make a lot of corrections while driving them and they are a bit of a challenge for me (I drive with a controller as well), but they're not horrible. I only have the 80s cars, so I don't know how easy the 90s are to drive. I'm not too sure how to answer the rest of your questions, maybe go and try the game out if they have it at a kiosk some time?

Last edited:
Back