F1 2020 Introduces Driver Ratings for MyTeam Mode

I hope these numbers are just the drivers starting values, and from what Codemasters have told us these will change. I just hope you can't actually see the values... But I suspect they are looking at FIFA and going to copy them in having very obvious stats available when selecting a driver.

Obviously some of the revealed stats are laughable. Stroll having as high a score as Albon is up there, but seeing Ricciardo and Ocon having the same race craft... That is Daniel Ricciardo, who always seems able to send a pass where others can't, and Esteban Ocon who alongside Perez had to have the Force India / Racing Point management step in and stop them from racing after a number of crashes... Hmmm.

I thought they did D. Ric dirty.
I find the notion that Ricciardo, the man who literally reversed into Kvyat because he didn't look in his mirror has better "awareness" than Perez pretty silly.

I say this as a fan of both drivers. I love Ricciardo but awareness? Was he aware that going on the grass literally five seconds into the racing season might cause some damage?

I find the notion that Ricciardo, the man who literally reversed into Kvyat because he didn't look in his mirror has better "awareness" than Perez pretty silly.

I say this as a fan of both drivers. I love Ricciardo but awareness? Was he aware that going on the grass literally five seconds into the racing season might cause some damage?

Man, they did Perez dirrrrty.
85 overall for a driver who hasn't done much his whole career looks a bit too high imo.

Bottas at 90 is hilarious.

If I spoke, I'd scream...

Remaining neutral on the issue until I can express my opinion without causing property damage/severe injuries.

LOL, fair enough, but I don't put Perez on the same level as Dani Ric in race craft (let alone above).

I think it is the experience stat skewing most of the overall scores. It is basically bonus points for being old. It is true that drivers who have served a long career in F1 have been very successful in order to justify such a long career, but it is well known that drivers peak fairly early within their career... Young Raikkonen vs Current Leclerc would be one heck of a contest, but current Raikkonen doesn't seem to have the same pace (maybe because it is just a hobby now?), just as one example.

I mean, these are all based on real world data, people also forget that drivers careers are long than their previous season. Is its pretty hard to argue against really.

I don't think im gonna buy the game but if i would play to the MyTeam mode i will hire the Formula 2 drivers to make them growth in my team

Back