F1 2021 General Discussion Thread

Yeah got a few more videos to catch up on but it does all look good.

Still can't get past the fact it won't it won't have the 2021 season at launch though so probably won't buy it until it does.

Yes it’s disappointing that it won’t have all the tracks at launch. I’m going to wait on my pre order until I’ve seen the PS5 specs for the game. I imagine it will take full advantage of the new hardware, but want to make sure first.

As long as it doesn't constantly crash on start-up like its predecessor then I'm good.

How are these games on controller? Do most of you guys plays with wheels or are the F1 games still good on controller?

Been a long time since I’ve played an F1 game.

How are these games on controller? Do most of you guys plays with wheels or are the F1 games still good on controller?

Playing F1 2019 on my DS4 was almost impossible, F1 2020 is ok, it feels very good. But only you can judge.
Try F1 2020 demo and see how you like it. (it expires in some way, not sure if after a few hours or after the whole game is downloaded)

Besides, there's a massive discount for it on playstation store (17,49 €) that ENDS in 1 or 2 days.
F1 2021 I have no idea, I won't buy it till the demo is out, which means in a few months maybe.

Last edited:

I found 2020 to be exceptional on a gamepad. Completed the full 10 seasons on the pad and have no complaints with how it felt or behaved. If 2021 improves on that with a more solid tyre connection with the road it will be amazing.

Once you dial in the settings (and maybe keep ABS on), '20 is great on a pad.

I've got settings available over on the YouTubes, but for the most part if you set your Throttle/Brake Linearities to 50 you'll be fine.

Has anyone talked about the graphics yet? Im looking at this and it looks like PS4 graphics - i thought this would have PS5 next gen visuals?

Has anyone talked about the graphics yet? Im looking at this and it looks like PS4 graphics - i thought this would have PS5 next gen visuals?
All the footage you’ve seen so far is from Steam, and not everyone has the highest spec graphics cards.

All the footage you’ve seen so far is from Steam, and not everyone has the highest spec graphics cards.

Yeah but i mean a true step up,like Ratchet & Clank is true next gen. Is it because they are still making a PS4 version aswell,and its just a more hi res version of that?

So here's a question that was raised to me with regard to the game and the continuing changes in the real season calendar.

I presume we will still have all the tracks as per the original announcement or do you think the game may pull the tracks from the season that got cancelled, I know if new tracks not modelled come into replace them we will not get those but I was just thinking how the back to back races at Red Bull Ring etc will work (I know we can custom race calendar to cover that part.

Defo sitting to wait and see what the final product contains before I buy now.

For those who love fiddling with the camera settings, the numeration now goes from -20 to +20. In F1 2020 was -1.00 to +1.00, but as for both systems it's a total of 40 clicks/figures/whatever you call it, nothing seems to have changed.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah but i mean a true step up,like Ratchet & Clank is true next gen. Is it because they are still making a PS4 version aswell,and its just a more hi res version of that?
That can be attributed to many different things:

• The game engine used.

• Developing for 1 platform with bespoke tech (PS5) vs developing a multi-platform and multi-generational title.

• The unique demands of each game (rendering images in real-time at 300kph is very different to a relatively slower-paced platformer).

• A commitment to having at least 60fps be possible on every platform (very important for racing games).

Ratchet was built as a showcase for the PS5's superfast SSD and a few other factors, and while F1 isn't designed as a showcase for these technologies, there will be benefits such as faster loading times and more CPU-intensive tasks (potentially better force-feedback for example).

For those who love fiddling with the camera settings, the numeration now goes from -20 to +20. In F1 2020 was -1.00 to +1.00, but as for both systems it's a total of 40 clicks/figures/whatever you call it, nothing seems to have changed.

View attachment 1017654
Good spot; I need to keep that in mind when I make my settings guides :)

Last edited:
Why not allow us to continue our career from the previous game instead of starting as a rookie every time?

Last edited:
Why not allow us to continue our career from the previous game instead of starting as a rookie every time?
Because its a different game. You could choose to start in F1 at a top team if you wanted.

I woke up this morning and thought: what's the most stupid 💩 I can do today?
So I preordered F1 2021 deluxe edition (seriously, I did), though I know the deluxe content is 100% pathetic, and the game will be worse than F1 2020.
Feeding corporate pigs like codies and EA is also very much gratifying for me, so now I feel that as an idiot I'm complete.

I woke up this morning and thought: what's the most stupid 💩 I can do today?
So I preordered F1 2021 deluxe edition (seriously, I did), though I know the deluxe content is 100% pathetic, and the game will be worse than F1 2020.
Feeding corporate pigs like codies and EA is also very much gratifying for me, so now I feel that as an idiot I'm complete.
Congratulations? What are you trying to achieve here?

Anyway, lots more detail on the Braking Point mode coming to light, EA have gone in to some cool detail about the characters. I'm quite keen to play this and see how well it can flesh the characters out.

1625146098502.png

I know that Lewis is 2nd on that year despite equal points due to countback (he has more 2nd place, but Alonso had more point finishes), but I feel that they should use the term 'equaled' or 'rivaled' instead of outright beat. People can exaggerate Lewis "beating" Alonso (either to elevate him or undermine Alonso), or even use terms like "obliterated" or "destroyed".

View attachment 1064238
I know that Lewis is 2nd on that year despite equal points due to countback (he has more 2nd place, but Alonso had more point finishes), but I feel that they should use the term 'equaled' or 'rivaled' instead of outright beat. People can exaggerate Lewis "beating" Alonso (either to elevate him or undermine Alonso), or even use terms like "obliterated" or "destroyed".
He beat him. It doesn't matter on what metric he beat him, he beat him. If it was for the title they wouldn't share the title, or get equal titles, Lewis would take it.

View attachment 1064238
He beat him, end of. I'm not a massive Hamilton fan but you can't argue with the championship standings which clearly show Hamilton beat Alonso.

Matt Amys was invited to Codemasters recently, to get a look at how the characters made it into the game :)

If all the old Codemasters games allowed you to start with any team you liked then you could just manufacture this by doing a single season in each game.

Looking forward to this. So am I right in saying that the deluxe edition, the only benefit is the My Team Icons Pack and some extra points?

So basically £15 odd more just to be able to have Schumi/Senna, etc as your teammate in the My Team mode? Is that it? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything by getting the cheaper version!

Back