F1 2021 General Discussion Thread

I'm done with that game until they fix the bugs. It's nearly unplayable.
Hey Matt, welcome to the forums at gtplanet (although I see you've been here since February I hadn't run into a post where I could greet you)

Which bugs are you referring to that prevent you from playing the game? And, what system do you have the game for?

I have the game on my PS5 and I haven't really run into anything that was game breaking but I've only been playing the "My Team" mode.

Multiplayer connection and the career save issue. I’ve done everything I can to fix multiplayer I’ve drove myself crazy.

Multiplayer connection and the career save issue. I’ve done everything I can to fix multiplayer I’ve drove myself crazy.
Ah, OK I see.

I feel for you guys who play multiplayer and like to race online. I know that online racing is really where the best racing games shine and it's where the best players gather.

I'm not skilled enough to go online with this game but I love the handling and I love the AI and there's so much good about it.

I hope they do get it fixed so you get guys can all have a better experience.

I'm only playing "my team" but are you saying I should not start a career because it won't save properly?

The Ferrari steering wheel bug is still there, and who knows wheeeeen it will be fixed.
Bug on vs bug off:
sf21.gif.985b5f096ba2213ac8fb16025cc37d5b.gif

What's most annoying is nobody seems to notice - or care about - the bad shadows under the cars, in F1 2020 they were lovely. Not game breaking doesn't mean so many big/little bugs shouldn't have been there in the first place (sorry for the grammar mess I made here :lol:).
In CM forums even mods are complaining.

Admin-ignored report about the shadows:

Last edited:
So guys... Something insane happened today.

Short story first; MyTeam, USA GP, Season 1: I started P22 due to 25 place penalty (yeah it was on purpose). Turn 1 I go around on the outside, pass 11 cars and end up P11 somehow. In that same corner, 1 car gets taken out... Baam, safety car... Lap 3: Safety car is about to come in... What happens? Every car infront of me passes the safety car before the green flag and gets DSQ'd. I end up in P1 with 11 cars total left. 1 more car DNF later on with only a few laps left to go. 10 cars finished, and I won it somehow. :lol:

Some screenshots below. Gonna do a recording of my VOD from the stream. Another bug for Codemasters to fix.
5qy9TXE.png

v2vKQKa.png

I4TVbBY.png

Any idea when the other tracks get added? Finishing up season 1 and would really like to have portimao and imola in my second season

Can anyone tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong with Blue Flags?

I get the message to let faster cars through, which I do. The problem I'm having is that when I let them through, the 1, 2, or 3 cars that are chasing me also come through.

The next time I get the blue flag message, the same exact thing happens.

Finally, I'm a little frustrated, understandably, and the next time I get a blue flag message I just keep racing but I end up getting a 5 second penalty.

How are we able to let the race leaders through without the people who are on our lap that we're still racing?

Last edited:
Does the safety car still stay out until every car has lined up behind it in this game? In F1 2020 I haven't had a single F2 race without an utterly pointless safety car that adds 10 minutes onto the race duration. I spent five laps behind it at Spa today waiting for a car that was half a lap behind to catch up, only for the game to then crash five laps before the end of the race, a good hour after the race started which was already prolonged with rain. I'd saved after my first pit stop, though I do wonder if it would've counted as the VSC was called literally two corners before I went in. I reloaded from here, the safety car was called again so I just binned the car and gave up. Wasn't gonna do all that again to potentially get disqualified because my compulsory pit stop wasn't actually compulsory.

Hey, been playing f1 2021 for a while now, but have been missing the beep on upshift feature.Can't find much about it online, but I find it really useful to hear a beep when you are supposed to upshift (like they have in real f1 cars). Sadly have not been able to find the setting. Does anyone know if the feature is included and if so, where you can turn it on?

EDIT: Ofcourse when you finally decide to post the question on this forum, you find the setting yourself...

Last edited:
Made a return to this game after taking a break due to annoying audio bugs. Currently in Austria with Alfa Romeo, I regret starting my f1 career in such a bad car.

Using 90 ai, cockpit view and no assists. This is the first game where I forced myself to stop using flash backs, they were a huuuuuge crutch for me.

I only have small complaints. I really miss being able to use the mic instead of scrolling through the menu during a race. The track limits are also not consistent at all, it’s annoying but pretty realistic I guess.:lol:

Last edited:
Well I downloaded the demo and played it a bit this weekend, both on the wheel and controller, and yes the game feels kind of good but it is exatly the same as f12020.

We are supposed to be seeing a complete overhaul of CM games when they launch their WRC game, apparently on the Unreal Engine as rumor has it, so here's hoping a complete overhaul for this franchise in a couple of years, because it really needs it. It's been actually needing it for a while now.

Also, there's this:

Nice. Its a tough track, but very enjoyable, definitley looks the part as well, very nice visually.

The turn 8 hairpin is the surprise challenge for me, carrying speed through there is very tricky.

Last edited:
Well I have a 'bet' on right now for this game.

Currently Nikita Mazepin is driving for Alpine in a friend's copy of the game and he's on year 3 of the championship career so the bet is IF Mazepin wins a race in the season I buy F1 2021, if he doesn't win then I still wait for the 70% sale.

Who wants to predict the odds of this actually coming true?

That will not happen. The game doesn’t do surprise victories, like we see in real life. So guess you’ll miss out on an outstanding F1 game 😉

That will not happen. The game doesn’t do surprise victories, like we see in real life. So guess you’ll miss out on an outstanding F1 game 😉
I wouldn't be quite so sure about that, it does depend on what distance you're running at (and the track of course). In F1 2020 I've had Sainz and Gasly win at Monaco and France respectively (on two separate career/my team files) despite their cars only being ranked around 6th/7th quickest package overall. It's a combination of a lucky retirement e.g Bottas who was the only front-runner to start on Meds + 50% race distance, as the top end qualifiers wouldn't have enough laps to pull away sufficiently and therefore get stuck behind the one stoppers.

So yes, not totally beyond the realms of possibility. :P

I am in first year of Career Mode and Antonio G. won Spa in a monsoon; this was after we came together on the first lap and both had to box for wings. It was a wild race with tons of safety cars.

Well I have a 'bet' on right now for this game.

Currently Nikita Mazepin is driving for Alpine in a friend's copy of the game and he's on year 3 of the championship career so the bet is IF Mazepin wins a race in the season I buy F1 2021, if he doesn't win then I still wait for the 70% sale.

Who wants to predict the odds of this actually coming true?
Mazepin drives like such a dolt in the first season, too bad am close to him more often that not. Bottas is OP.

Poritmao is a hoot.
It's going to be wild online but I'm enjoying the track so far.

Oddly the game has decided I'm Carlos Sainz now. He was my tam mate in the single player career but after one of the updates my profile changed to Spanish #55 with the Sainz err...whats the word...person/character look?

When I set laps in any game made it has me as Sainz rather then my name/gamertag.

On the note of smooth operators, the two-player career is showing why I should turn 'rewinds' off in single player 😅
I'm way more reliant on 'fixing' an over-ambitious move that didn't pan out than I thought.

I got my wheel back from Fanatec yesterday after two months and two repair attempts and this time it works. So I'm very late to this game. I had to do the Portimao update before I could try it, :)

A few of the initial questions I have are, in the options menu I changed from KPH to MPH but on the wheel in the car it still shows KPH. Not all that big of a deal but just wondering if there is somewhere else it needs to be changed?

In time trial I've turned off all ghosts but the racing line is still there, can that be turned off?

I only run solo races but in the race weekend menu the AI strength, start assist, etc. has to be set each time. There's no way for that to stay set? F1 2020 once it was set it stayed set.

At first run I hated the way the steering felt. The wheel on the car way turning way more than my input. It was very distracting. But thanks to @PJTierney Youtube set up video I was able to fix it. Now I want to go run F1 2020 and see if that fixes it too.

Back