F1 2021 General Discussion Thread

United States
Fact Central
slthree
I have no radio in ‘my team’. Cant speak to engineer for updates etc. Iam on a series x. Anyone else ?
Same for me but I'm on a PS5.

It's really a disappointment for me because I'm terrible trying to maneuver up and down the menu while I'm driving

Last edited:
Italy
Isola della Tontola
Interesting comment by a moderator in the Codemasters forum:

To be honest, I have to agree to the above. Compared to last edition, which was very good from the beginning, I hardly have the time to peek overhere because of the stream of bugs being reported. (have to admit that most of our time is lost by telling posters to use the proper template, include the necessary files instead of organising the bugs being reported). I do hope they get there act together soon.

MagpieRacer

Aaand across the line..
Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer

To be honest, I have to agree to the above. Compared to last edition, which was very good from the beginning, I hardly have the time to peek overhere because of the stream of bugs being reported. (have to admit that most of our time is lost by telling posters to use the proper template, include the necessary files instead of organising the bugs being reported). I do hope they get there act together soon.
Interesting. Doubt they'll be mod for too much longer.

Have to admit, I haven't really.come across many bugs, certainly not compared to 2020 which was riddled with them at first. I held off starting a career mode in that until some of the major ones were fixed, 2021 is nowhere near as bad.

United States
United States
Well maybe there is a silver lining to me having to send my equipment off to Fanatec for repairs right now. Maybe by the time I get it back some of these problems will be fixed. But I doubt it as generally it takes a month or longer for any patches to show up especially for the console users.

terrible1fi

“To be honest, I have to agree to the above”

what is this “above” that they are agreeing to?

United States
United States
Sorry i mean the engineers dont talk. For example i select - full race update. Thats when the engineer would respond, ive got nothing,
In the audio options, change the option from headphones to main output device. Can’t remember if it was for just the engineer voice or not, but even if I had headphones on, the voice would only come through my headphones when it was set to main output device (or something like that)

United Kingdom
Bristol, England
So I caved... must admit I really do like Braking Point. Very cringe in places but it's a brilliant way of getting those who are not full on fans more involved in the sport. Can't bring myself to start a new career until the full tracks are out though.... though that could be months!

France
Marseille
Now running at 96 in Myteam first season, currently doing Spa. Silverstone was very hard, I retired my car was a mess all week-end. Hungary was boring as usal. By the way I'm only halfway and am using already the 3rd engine , 3rd MGU-K/H , that's gonna be very difficult at the end of the season. At least it brings a good challenge, as I don't have the points nor cash to improve my stuff too much (running everything at reduced rewards). At 96 AI I'm generally starting around 15 if the car is working fine, and can make my way up to 10-13 in race, usually running against Tsunoda, Raikkonen

Italy
Isola della Tontola
With all the stuff needing to be fixed, and not being a game breaking issue, I'm unsure if I should report this now: whitish tyre edges and sidewalls at Hungaroring, mostly noticeable when the weather is overcast

edit: funniest report ever on Earth :lol:

Last edited:

MagpieRacer

Aaand across the line..
Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
So is there anyway to put the engine supplier as a sponsor on your car? I mean I chose Honda, but I can’t put that name on my rear wing at all…
Nope. Same as 2020. Very few customer teams actually have the engine brand on the car (actually I belive none of them do). So it's not a massive surprise.

United States
United States
With all the stuff needing to be fixed, and not being a game breaking issue, I'm unsure if I should report this now: whitish tyre edges and sidewalls at Hungaroring, mostly noticeable when the weather is overcast

edit: funniest report ever on Earth :lol:
That's the new 4th tire option. You have Hard, Medium, Soft, and now Frosted. 🙂