Fanatec Advent Calendar 2018-Important Update!

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 73 comments
I am interested to hear people's strategies for this? If I am free, at 7pm I am just refreshing the pages on products I am interested in, and then checking a few others on an off chance something might pop up. If I end up winning something I already own I will happily give it away for free to anyone that doesn't spend their time complaining about things on this website, haha.

Last edited:
How did you know the code was going to appear on that product?
I thought it appears on a random products which you must find 1st.
If so you can imagine a group of people with loads of PC/Tablets/phones with all product pages open bashing the refresh button.
They probably got it within 0.2 seconds, so you'll have to be faster :lol:

On another note I've got a CSL Elite for sale if you want it (going cheap) I won it from some website :)

I had no idea just guessed in large part from the other offerings in different regions from the previous day. I figured there must be a pattern I don't think it's random.

PM me about the CSL I may indeed be interested!:lol:

Last edited:
It was a joke, because you said someone must of got it within 2 seconds before you did :)

I know.
I'm just going to order the $299 CSL base and $89 rim, run my t3pa pedals. I think it's a fair price.
I actually do have a CSR Elite that I would be interested in selling for anyone interested.

It is possible to make a bot (I know I could) that scans all the pages at once.
And that can be part of the "high traffic" problems.

It would be esier just to send an email to a random "subscribed" person.

I never win at lotteries but it is nice that Fanatec tries to do something for there customers.

I'm not going to complain anymore, I'm not going to play anymore. I will be happy to pay the full amount for a DD wheel and enjoy my beautiful toy.

BTW, my complaining was sarcasm and a lame humor attempt .

:)

I'm not going to complain anymore, I'm not going to play anymore. I will be happy to pay the full amount for a DD wheel and enjoy my beautiful toy.

Yeah headache is to choose which one.. Funny thing is that some people here have wifes etc that they have to convince and I'm my own nagger. My own inner voice constantly tells me "you don't need another wheel" :D it is annoying

Yeah headache is to choose which one.. Funny thing is that some people here have wifes etc that they have to convince and I'm my own nagger. My own inner voice constantly tells me "you don't need another wheel" :D it is annoying

Do you occasionally come home with something nice for her?
I'm 42, been married forever it seems but I do go out of my way to buy her things she enjoys mostly because I love to see her smile, partly because she leaves me alone when I do things like come home with $1000 PC.
I do nag myself as you said a bit, but that usually only last a few hours.

What was last night's offering from Fanatec?

Do you occasionally come home with something nice for her?
I'm 42, been married forever it seems but I do go out of my way to buy her things she enjoys mostly because I love to see her smile, partly because she leaves me alone when I do things like come home with $1000 PC.
I do nag myself as you said a bit, but that usually only last a few hours.

What was last night's offering from Fanatec?
You missunderstood me. Others have wifes that they sometimes have to convince to agree with there hobbies, but I'm single and I nagg myself :) that I don't really need anything and end up overthinking everything.

Everytime I get nice things it is hard to enjoy them. Rationaly thinking it is stupid and not healthy.

You missunderstood me. Others have wifes that they sometimes have to convince to agree with there hobbies, but I'm single and I nagg myself :) that I don't really need anything and end up overthinking everything.

Everytime I get nice things it is hard to enjoy them. Rationaly thinking it is stupid and not healthy.
That sounds so familiar. It could have been me who wrote that post.

I reload the page 18.59 or exact 19.00 and always get error, cant reach, ssl handshake error, server busy. Then after 2-3 minutes I manage to reach 1 or 2 pages.
But I think the last update with a button insted of code is a huge benefit.
I live in Sweden so I guess my ISP take som time to reach the servers in germany or there they are hosed(website hosted)
It have been 4 excating days, so Im glad for the excitment but now I leave it up for you guys who can reach the website in time.

I have the old Logitech DFGT so Im intressted if someone want to sell or give away there old gear Im gladly paying the shipping if its cool stuff :)

Is there a list of what has been won on these? I haven’t been on the site since the launch of this and didn’t know if we had a list.

US EU AU
1/12/18 P1 CSL Elite wheel CSL Elite Pedals ClubSport Steering Wheel Drift
2/12/18 CSL Elite PS4 wheel base Clubsport Handbrake CSL Elite wheel base
3/12/18 CSL Elite Pedals CSL Elite wheel base ClubSport Steering Wheel Flat 1
4/12/18 CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 Clubsport BMW M3 GT2 ClubSport Shifter
5/12/18 F1 esports wheel Clubsport GT Wheel CSL Elite Racing Wheel for XB1/PC
6/12/18 Oval Wheel Clubsport Pedals V3 Clubsport BMW M3 GT2
7/12/18 Clubsport GT Wheel CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR Clubsport Pedals V3
8/12/18 CSL Elite wheelbase

Site is crashing every night @1900.

You forgot this one where I say that I'm not going to compete (= play) anymore.

Yeah, I clicked the button and won. Said 100% off so I clicked continue then said it was already used. Drift Wheel Rim for U.S. I feel like somebody ripped my heart out It was like getting one of those fake lottery scratchers, only worse! Still trying to recover...

A very important change:The first person to press the button will receive an email with a 100% off discount code!

I did and it took me to two other pages and I still didn't win. I did it in under 30 seconds because I've been after the same product since day 1. Sucks thinking you won, I was so excited I thought it was having me check out and I was checking my email for the code. Sick joke if you ask me... Not trying to bad mouth Fanatec but I would've taken a kick in the groin over this.

I give up on Fanatec. Spend well over a grand and they want to play sick jokes on people. I sat on the same product since day 1 instead of playing the guessing game (plus it's all I really want). You have people on their forums crying because they didn't win twice and telling me to be happy I got that close because they "saw" the button too. Of course it was after the fact that I posted about the glitch or whatever you want to call it. I'm glad I haven't opened my setup yet because I'm ready to return it or sell it.

I know what they're doing. It's super sleazy. Tell me how someone joins their page Dec 20 and wins a giveaway Dec 20? You have no clue what the prior products given away were. I think they might have created the account just to troll me lol. They admitted I won but I didn't fill the captcha out correctly or some bs.

I know what they're doing. It's super sleazy. Tell me how someone joins their page Dec 20 and wins a giveaway Dec 20? You have no clue what the prior products given away were. I think they might have created the account just to troll me lol. They admitted I won but I didn't fill the captcha out correctly or some bs.

thats an interesting accusation. Do you have proof?

There's one. I did it in under 10 seconds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181219-220140.png
    Screenshot_20181219-220140.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 38
I really dont understand the strategy behind an auction and the advent calender competition. In my opinion it only frustrates people more then promote your brand and products. But then again I could be wrong.

Fanatec's marketing team really isn't doing the company any favors. The products pretty much sell themselves, and the marketing team just seems to make everyone angry haha. They really should stick to a normal product reveal when they think a product will be close to being done, take pre-orders ONLY when they know for sure products are ready to ship, and get rid of all the other nonsense.

Fanatec's marketing team really isn't doing the company any favors. The products pretty much sell themselves, and the marketing team just seems to make everyone angry haha. They really should stick to a normal product reveal when they think a product will be close to being done, take pre-orders ONLY when they know for sure products are ready to ship, and get rid of all the other nonsense.
Indeed! I agree 100%.

Back