Fanatec and PS4 Troubleshooting/SettingsPS4 

• Thread starter Smoothherb
  • 392 comments
On my CSR wheel shifting is set to The X and A buttons by default and when i try to map it to the paddles i cant seem to get upshifting assigned to the right paddle as the right paddle seems to act as the options button and triggering the options button cancels any button reassignment. And i cant find an option to reassign the options button. So i cant get the right paddle to be used for upshifting. Any ideas ?

Hi all i'm new i want to talk about my fanatec turbo s problems with PC on ps4.

wheel axes for the game are "analog sticks" so if you are turning a corner and in your telemetry you finish the stick limit the car don't turn anymore even if in your wheel you can turn more.

FFB effects are poor, when you pass the deadzone, effects are good but when you are in the center of the wheel you can't feel anything.

The porshe family have more problems that the csr.

I hope that those prpblems can be solved by a patch, now it's like to have a big rounded analog stick. but i don't have much faith that someone fix us.

Thats the fanatec support that they have announced, i dont think that these are bugs, i think that the developers mean this with fanatec support, a wheel recognised like a gamepad.

Sorry if my english is poor i'm italian.

Cheers !

My Csr wheel is working fine.

Yes cause csr is recognised like a wheel (you can calibrate degrees,ffb etc) the porshe family in game are like controllers Whit the stick, you have to adjust gamepad settings for porshe whell. I dont understand why; porshe and csr are basically the same wheel inside.

Saw this on the Project CARS forum and thought I should post it here too. Much of the conversation has been about the non-Porsche wheels (although the GT2 gets a mention!), but for us GT3 RS users, this is useful and comforting to know that it's a universal issue:

Saw this on the Project CARS forum and thought I should post it here too. Much of the conversation has been about the non-Porsche wheels (although the GT2 gets a mention!), but for us GT3 RS users, this is useful and comforting to know that it's a universal issue:

Is there. Fix for the gt2 and gt3 wheels yet ? I have the gt2 wheel and I hope it gets sorted out before the 12th cause that's when I will get the game

I had the same problem and fixed it by adjusting the wheel sensitivity. Now my wheel is exactly in tune with the screen wheel and plays great. Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel and pedals.

I had the same problem and fixed it by adjusting the wheel sensitivity. Now my wheel is exactly in tune with the screen wheel and plays great. Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel and pedals.
What sens are you using?I want to use 900 which works fine on any other game without a massive deadzone.Because anything 270 degrees an above has a noticeble input deadzone,not FFB deadzone,INPUT deadzone.

Last edited:
I'm agree with you, I want to play with 900 degrees too, but if you want to play a little, set 360 degrees or 540. It's not fine but we can play..

What sens are you using?I want to use 900 which works fine on any other game without a massive deadzone.Because anything 270 degrees an above has a noticeble input deadzone,not FFB deadzone,INPUT deadzone.
I'm using Sens 450. Deadzone ingame set to 1, not 0. Deadzone on wheel set to 0. As I said previously, in car wheel exactly matches my movements and makes for a great ingame experience.
Took a while to get the clutch sorted, but I managed it, however, the game dynamics make using it a tad frustrating on downshifts, and the engine stalls (off) after accidents if you don't remember to hold it in, I set L2 as the Ignition button to sort that, but really this mode of play is only for experts who want the extra difficulty/realism, so I'm back to autoclutch, manual mode most of the time.

I just did few test that dimostrate that Fanatec Porsche GT2 ( and looking around all Fanatec 911 wheel) support for PS4 is only buggy.
I forcedly install CSR firmware on my GT2; in this way the wheel in game is recognized as Fanatec CSR and all wheel and FF menu are accessible so you can calibrate wheel and pedals and properly configure FF.
I made a quick test and dead zone seems gone, unfortuantely all buttons are wrong mapped and you can use GT2 in this way because the clutch in game is always engaged.

Anyway this test shows that Fanatec wheel support in game should well done if it works correctly.

Hoping in a patch that risolve the 911 issue asap.

Anyway of using h pattern with the GT3 RS V2?

I just did few test that dimostrate that Fanatec Porsche GT2 ( and looking around all Fanatec 911 wheel) support for PS4 is only buggy.
I forcedly install CSR firmware on my GT2; in this way the wheel in game is recognized as Fanatec CSR and all wheel and FF menu are accessible so you can calibrate wheel and pedals and properly configure FF.
I made a quick test and dead zone seems gone, unfortuantely all buttons are wrong mapped and you can use GT2 in this way because the clutch in game is always engaged.

Anyway this test shows that Fanatec wheel support in game should well done if it works correctly.

Hoping in a patch that risolve the 911 issue asap.

Perhaps I'm going to give a stupid solution.

- Do you have a friend with a CSR that you connect to your console so you can remap using his wheel and then try your wheel.
- If we change the buttons config using the controller, that info stays for all controllers including wheels, that you connect later?

I have firmware 750 I think and it doesn't work. Car doesn't drive forwards just revs.

I can steer, but I get this weird yank left force at zero speed. If I turn the wheel off and back on again the ps4 crash screen appears.

It doesn't appear to be supported at all.

I also can't save remapped buttons for controller - says 'not all buttons are assigned' but doesn't tell me which.

Will a racing game ever be released on ps4 that works and isn't made by PD!? Am tempted to put it in the bin....

:rolleyes:

I'll ask this again, does anyone have any experience with the Clubsport wheel yet? Is it just as glitchy as the other wheels?

On my CSR wheel shifting is set to The X and A buttons by default and when i try to map it to the paddles i cant seem to get upshifting assigned to the right paddle as the right paddle seems to act as the options button and triggering the options button cancels any button reassignment. And i cant find an option to reassign the options button. So i cant get the right paddle to be used for upshifting. Any ideas ?
I upgraded my CSR to firmware 756 and that totally fixed the button layout problems i was experiencing! So updating the firmware certainly does help with some of the issues.

I'll ask this again, does anyone have any experience with the Clubsport wheel yet? Is it just as glitchy as the other wheels?

Yes I have a CSW v2 with CSP v1 pedals. It's a nightmare at the moment as I'm struggling to assign the clutch to a button on the wheel like someone suggested earlier (It tells me that the button is already assigned despite whatever button I choose on the wheel, which incidentally is the M3 GT rim)

Sometimes on startup I have no brake pedal working despite plugging my wheel into a PC and the brake pedal testing ok (So in other words I can go fast round a track but I just can't brake!!!!)

I'm going to try a firmware update on the wheel soon to see how it goes after that...

I was hoping for a night of racing but I've so far failed to do a single lap of a track where everything is working well!!!!

Yes I have a CSW v2 with CSP v1 pedals. It's a nightmare at the moment as I'm struggling to assign the clutch to a button on the wheel like someone suggested earlier (It tells me that the button is already assigned despite whatever button I choose on the wheel, which incidentally is the M3 GT rim)

Sometimes on startup I have no brake pedal working despite plugging my wheel into a PC and the brake pedal testing ok (So in other words I can go fast round a track but I just can't brake!!!!)

I'm going to try a firmware update on the wheel soon to see how it goes after that...

I was hoping for a night of racing but I've so far failed to do a single lap of a track where everything is working well!!!!
Dam, I may have to hook up my T500 for right now then... Let me know if you have any luck with the update.

Last edited:
Dam, I may have to hook up my T500 for right now then... Let me know if you have any luck with the update.

It seems the CSW v2 is already running the latest firmware...

Jees, I only removed my T300 GTE from my rig last night and installed the Fanatec gear. Wish I'd have left it now lol

Yeah mate,911 turbo s here,and i have a feeling anyone with a fanatec is having dramas on ps4.

I was thinking the report was there to polish details. Obviously they were crushing to release the game. So many problems :S

Really ? So your clutch works ?

Excluding that of course, that is already know that is needed a fix.

Another info:
- USB keyboard work on PS4 at same time as the wheel, only some buttons but we can use the digital and the basic buttons (didn't find the R1 ... etc, buttons), if we could use all the keys :)
- on the wheel the select button is L4 (used that for the clutch), the L2 / R2 buttons can be used to assign function, like reset car on R2, but on the menus we need to press the pedals for the L2/R2.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back