Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Ordered Rims/Base on 9/30 received new invoice yesterday am - received shipping notices last night at 6.00pm for all 4 boxes shipping to Seattle WA - arrive Sat.

I ordered november 7th. eta is still showing january 30th for me :(

Jan 31st should have been the ETD when you ordered the wheel base correct? i believe they are sorting and shipping all orders with a 12/08 ETD and from there they will start fulfilling the next wave or pre-orders. Hopefully they have enough on hand and there other shipments are on there way.

Sadly no email with tracking number yet. So if it goes down like the Black Friday Wheel deal, it will be another day or two before it actually ships.

So damn excited.

still no update with tracking for me yet as well. Crossing my fingers there will be a tracking update around 6pm ish, thats when they usually send it from my previous orders

Didn't think to check the website. Good idea. It said mine was shipped yesterday. I still haven't gotten a tracking information email.

When my shifter was shipped last week, I got my tracking email a few days after it was shipped too. In that case, I got the invoice email a few hours after the tracking email.

Still no tracking E-mail yet here either even though the website says it shipped 12/10. Not sure now if it actually shipped or if I won't get a tracking E-mail. Maybe my wheel will just show up in a few days and surprise me.

I got my tracking number email about 9 pm last night. It was shipped yesterday and will be here Tuesday. Sooner than I thought cause it's normally a week every time I've ordered from fanatec. Good thing for me this time is its coming fed ex because it's usually ups. Fed ex always gets here around lunch or before and ups in the late afternoon.

Got my tracking number last night for the V2 base and it's scheduled for delivery later this morning :lol: But So Cal is going through a lot of rain right now, so you never know. The truck could get flooded. LOL

Now I have to think of a way to sneak home early to go play. L

WOW! I guess the rain didn't slow down Fed Ex ;)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 6
My order showed shipped on 12/11 emailed fanatec for update on tracking number, they said it will ship out today and I'll received email with tracking

Anyone from Australia with ETD 08/12 received anything yet? Fanatec changed mine to beginning of January and are ignoring my requests for an update

Anyone from Australia with ETD 08/12 received anything yet? Fanatec changed mine to beginning of January and are ignoring my requests for an update
Same as me bro. Except I've only emailed them to change the address its being sent to as I'm moving house next week and they replied confirming that it's been changed for me.

Well, I put in a few hours on the new CSW V2 base. I only play GT6 and the Codemasters F1 games at the moment, so I won't be giving PC sim racing impressions.

In GT6 you definitely feel more of what the game FF are. So much so if you've had your Fanatec FORCE not Force Feedback "in-wheel" setting higher than 100, the wheel shakes a lot on the straight aways the more top speed you attain. I turned mine down to 100. You still feel the shake, but I feel for GT6 it's more realistic to turn it down some.
Overall, you feel more of what the game programmed for FF, so people who play GT6 may want to alter their old CSW settings.
The CSW V2 in GT6 is stronger in what you feel in FF and it's smoother. This version of the base will work you a little and that's cool.
The new base is smoother like i mentioned. It's not leaps and bounds, but noticeable. I also feel the wheel has more resolution. It feels that way anyway. It's probably due to the new brushless motor and how the new Hall Sensors work.

Overall I like the tweaks it's provided for GT-6 so far. Time to try some other PS3 racing games and see what goodness has changed.

FMW
Well, I put in a few hours on the new CSW V2 base. I only play GT6 and the Codemasters F1 games at the moment, so I won't be giving PC sim racing impressions.

In GT6 you definitely feel more of what the game FF are. So much so if you've had your Fanatec FORCE not Force Feedback "in-wheel" setting higher than 100, the wheel shakes a lot on the straight aways the more top speed you attain. I turned mine down to 100. You still feel the shake, but I feel for GT6 it's more realistic to turn it down some.
Overall, you feel more of what the game programmed for FF, so people who play GT6 may want to alter their old CSW settings.
The CSW V2 in GT6 is stronger in what you feel in FF and it's smoother. This version of the base will work you a little and that's cool.
The new base is smoother like i mentioned. It's not leaps and bounds, but noticeable. I also feel the wheel has more resolution. It feels that way anyway. It's probably due to the new brushless motor and how the new Hall Sensors work.

Overall I like the tweaks it's provided for GT-6 so far. Time to try some other PS3 racing games and see what goodness has changed.

That sounds great. I just received my wheel today and for some reason I am unable to get it into PS3 mode.

Got it. You must press Select + Circle as shown in the video. Not the buttons shown in the quick guide.

Last edited:
Just got my E-mail with tracking number. Mine is scheduled to arrive Dec 17.

FedEx doesn't mess around. Originally scheduled for Dec 17th delivery, checked the tracking number today and its on the truck for delivery today. 2 days ahead of schedule. Wow, just wow.

Last edited:
:cheers: looks like alot of shipments going out :eek: my wheel has been on delivery since Saturday lol. I tried to see if FedEx would let me pick up my shipment but they are closed Saturday. FedEx should get to my work around 11pm hopefully so i can play during my lunch time haha

FedEx doesn't mess around. Originally scheduled for Dec 17th delivery, checked the tracking number today and its on the truck for delivery today. 2 days ahead of schedule. Wow, just wow.

Yep same here. Mine was scheduled for tomorrow and just checked the tracking and its on the truck for delivery today. Stoked!

Edit: Just got here! Looks like I got some work to do this afternoon.

Last edited:
Yep same here. Mine was scheduled for tomorrow and just checked the tracking and its on the truck for delivery today. Stoked!

Edit: Just got here! Looks like I got some work to do this afternoon.

Mine was delivered too but I'm still at work. Grrr.

Nice! I'm just getting mine setup now and have a question for anyone that already has one. Does the side fan only come on once it gets to a certain temperature? The fan on the back is working fine but the one on the left side isn't running.

Another thing I forgot to add was when I first started it up the wheel was pretty easy to turn back and forth and after I updated the drivers and firmware now it feels as it has some drag. Is this how everyone else's did?

Back