Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
FMW
Has anyone flashed their firmware to 65 and seen their wheel end up upside down after rebooting?

After flash you need to recenter the wheel.

http://www.fanatec.com/download/CSW...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

After firmware update the center position of the ClubSport
Wheel Base V2 must be manually calibrated again. This is also indicated
by the LED display of the steering wheel showing ‘CAL’. This
appearance will be gone after manual calibration of the wheel center. See
chapter ‘Hotkeys’ ‘Wheel center calibration’ for more details.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.fanatec.com/download/CSW...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

That is correct. I had to do the re-center calibration process for mine also.

Yup. I did all that except I don't get the "CAL" display on the wheel LED at all. I The wheel goes through start up just fine and it reads the 65 firmware version, but the wheel rim ends up completely upside down. You can't force it to right side up by force of course.

FMW
Yup. I did all that except I don't get the "CAL" display on the wheel LED at all. I The wheel goes through start up just fine and it reads the 65 firmware version, but the wheel rim ends up completely upside down. You can't force it to right side up by force of course.

I would give reinstalling the 065 firmware a shot.

Hi all.
Thought I would post a question here rather than make a new thread. As I am sure one of you guys must know this.

Does the TM TH8A shifter work with the CSW V2? I have seem the TH8RS on youtube clips.
This will be for Xbox 1 use eventually when a wheel is released. Know the V2 comes with some ps2 adapters that plug into the base, so hoping the TH8A shifter will plug into that.

Any help?

Hi all.
Thought I would post a question here rather than make a new thread. As I am sure one of you guys must know this.

Does the TM TH8A shifter work with the CSW V2? I have seem the TH8RS on youtube clips.
This will be for Xbox 1 use eventually when a wheel is released. Know the V2 comes with some ps2 adapters that plug into the base, so hoping the TH8A shifter will plug into that.

Any help?

It won't work without this product.

http://www.basherboards.com/SFA1

You can however use the TH8A or TH8RS on the PC with a Fanatec wheel simply by plugging it into a USB port, but there's no way to connect a Thrustmaster shifter to a Fanatec wheel without the SFA1 adapter. I'm patiently wait for Basher to get these back in stock again.

@mrbasher

FMW
Now if only they make this thing someday compatible with the PS4 with a new licensed wheel rim. That would be amazing :cheers:

PS4 and Xbox One, then I could sell my T500 and TX. Right now I have three wheels because I don't have one wheel to rule them all.

So I guess the current thinking is no PS4 support in the future? Or is there still a chance?

Certainly a chance, I'm sure Fanatec is working on it. I'm not sure what is involved but its hard to imagine once the wheels are released for the Xbox One, Sony won't feel the pressure to jump onboard.

Fanatec said they would make an announcement for this xbox rim by year end, and its rumored to be out before project cars release. :rolleyes: so maybe mid 2015 before we get it in hand lol

Fanatec said they would make an announcement for this xbox rim by year end, and its rumored to be out before project cars release. :rolleyes: so maybe mid 2015 before we get it in hand lol
Hoping a XBone wheel arrives soon also. Although my CSW V2 I just ordered doesnt arrive till April anyway.
Have a TX in the meantime for pCars release.

Also hoping the TH8A can be made to work with the CSW. Know the Bashers SFA1 adapter works with the TH8RS, but think the firmware will be different on the 8A.

Hoping a XBone wheel arrives soon also. Although my CSW V2 I just ordered doesnt arrive till April anyway.
Have a TX in the meantime for pCars release.

Also hoping the TH8A can be made to work with the CSW. Know the Bashers SFA1 adapter works with the TH8RS, but think the firmware will be different on the 8A.

I received my SFA1 yesterday and it works fine with the CSW v2 and TH8RS although I did have to use shifter port 2 on the wheel instead of shifter port 1 for some reason. In shifter port 1, the Fanatec control panel wouldn't recognize the gears properly and kept mapping some of them together even after going through the shifter calibration procedure, but shifter port 2 on the wheel works just fine.

Just wanted to let you know in case you were interested in one. I have a TH8A shifter also and I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't work the same, when connected by USB, the TH8A works identical to a TH8RS, in fact every game I have recognizes the TH8A as a TH8RS.

@Blkout.
Do you have a xbone?

Any chance of testing the SFA1 with TH8A and CSW v2 and xbox 1 PLEASE....pretty please. Been told the 8RS ans 8A run different firmware so wouldn't work. Not many people have everything needed to test this theory out.

I don't want to order a SFA1 unless it will work as most of my gaming is done on xbone at the moment. Will upgrade to pc at some point.

@Blkout.
Do you have a xbone?

Any chance of testing the SFA1 with TH8A and CSW v2 and xbox 1 PLEASE....pretty please. Been told the 8RS ans 8A run different firmware so wouldn't work. Not many people have everything needed to test this theory out.

I don't want to order a SFA1 unless it will work as most of my gaming is done on xbone at the moment. Will upgrade to pc at some point.

Yes, I have an Xbox One, but there's one problem, the CSW v2 isn't compatible with the Xbox One yet. It requires a compatible wheel rim which hasn't been released yet.

So have you tested the TH8A to see if it work on the pc with the SFA1 ok?
Know you said the 8RS does.

I have not tested it but honestly don't expect it to work any differently. When the TH8A is connected to the PC, its recognized as a TH8RS. Its easiest to think of the TH8A shifter as two shifters in one, its a TH8RS when connected to the PC and a TH8A when connected to the Xbox One. I suppose I could test if I get time during the next few days but I would be seriously surprised if it doesn't function like the TH8RS.

Would be most grateful and I am sure I am not the only person interested as the Fanatec SQ is a bit too pricey when you already have a shifter that MAY work with the csw anyway.

Although I still need to find a SFA1 anyway, so may just sell TH8A and get a SQ.....decisions decisions..lol

btw, how much did you pay for a SFA1?

Would be most grateful and I am sure I am not the only person interested as the Fanatec SQ is a bit too pricey when you already have a shifter that MAY work with the csw anyway.

Although I still need to find a SFA1 anyway, so may just sell TH8A and get a SQ.....decisions decisions..lol

btw, how much did you pay for a SFA1?

Oh yea, I understand completely, I already had two Thrustmaster shifters that I like very much. I'm sure the CSS is a nice shifter but I just don't need it so the SFA1 did what I needed it to do. I paid $75 for it from a member on the iRacing forum since Basher doesn't seem to be getting any in stock for a while. To be honest, I'm not all that concerned about changing shifters just yet. When the time comes and if I need a CSS, I'll sell my Thrustmaster shifters for minimal loss.

I received my SFA1 yesterday and it works fine with the CSW v2 and TH8RS although I did have to use shifter port 2 on the wheel instead of shifter port 1 for some reason. In shifter port 1, the Fanatec control panel wouldn't recognize the gears properly and kept mapping some of them together even after going through the shifter calibration procedure, but shifter port 2 on the wheel works just fine.

Just wanted to let you know in case you were interested in one. I have a TH8A shifter also and I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't work the same, when connected by USB, the TH8A works identical to a TH8RS, in fact every game I have recognizes the TH8A as a TH8RS.

Let`s clear up some confusion here.
The TH8RS and TH8A are two different shifters as far as firmware and drivers are concerned.
On the PC each shifter is identified as they should be in the shifter control panel.
What you see in the upper right corner of the control panel is the driver package #( TH8RS Package ). this package contains two separate driver and firmware versions which are recognised when you plug in the shifters to the PC.
The possible SFA-1 compatibility issue with the CSW-V2 and TH8A will arise when connected to the XBONE as the drivers and firmware are different. Only time will tell whether it all works.

Let`s clear up some confusion here.
The TH8RS and TH8A are two different shifters as far as firmware and drivers are concerned.
On the PC each shifter is identified as they should be in the shifter control panel.
What you see in the upper right corner of the control panel is the driver package #( TH8RS Package ). this package contains two separate driver and firmware versions which are recognised when you plug in the shifters to the PC.
The possible SFA-1 compatibility issue with the CSW-V2 and TH8A will arise when connected to the XBONE as the drivers and firmware are different. Only time will tell whether it all works.

Have you tested this or just speculating? I haven't checked the firmware in each shifter but they use the same driver on PC. I honestly don't know what will work on the Xbox one yet since Fanatec hasn't provided a compatible rim yet.

Yes I have tested this. The driver/firmware download contains several drivers and firmware in a package and depending on which shifter you plug in to the PC - each will be detected and the appropriate driver/firmware will be installed.
Also these shifters have different versions of circuit board`s which is to be expected for the XBONE compatibility.
Open the control panel on the Test Input page for each shifter and it identifies each one appropriately .

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=12&fid=83&pid=380&cid=15

Yes I have tested this. The driver/firmware download contains several drivers and firmware in a package and depending on which shifter you plug in to the PC - each will be detected and the appropriate driver/firmware will be installed.
Also these shifters have different versions of circuit board`s which is to be expected for the XBONE compatibility.
Open the control panel on the Test Input page for each shifter and it identifies each one appropriately .

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=12&fid=83&pid=380&cid=15

This is what I got. Firmware is different, driver is the same.

2wdcz1l.png

i3eyxk.png

Just plug my CSW V2 base with the 918 rim. Did the firmware update, but then I am stuck in the blinking CAL step. No way to set the center while pressing both sticks. Anyone get any idea ?

Happy Christmas to everyone ! :)

Just plug my CSW V2 base with the 918 rim. Did the firmware update, but then I am stuck in the blinking CAL step. No way to set the center while pressing both sticks. Anyone get any idea ?

Happy Christmas to everyone ! :)

Try this again, if this doesn't work, you may need to flash the firmware again, just make sure you follow the manual exactly as it states. The manual hasn't been wrong yet for me.

6.2 Start-Up procedure

Step5: If the wheel center was not yet calibrated ‘CAL’
is blinking on the LED display of the Steering Wheel as
shown on the picture on the right hand side:
Do manual wheel center calibration as described
in chapter ‘Hotkeys’ of this manual.
The ClubSport Wheel Base V2 is ready to use
after manual wheel center calibration.

7.1 Hotkeys
7.1.1 Tuning menu

To enter the tuning menu use tuning
menu button (usually the small black button

close to the LED display of the used
Fanatec Steering Wheel; see corresponding
quick guide of your Fanatec Steering
Wheel). The picture just shows the tuning
menu button on top of the ClubSport Universal
Hub as an example:

7.1.2 Wheel center calibration
If a center calibration is needed (e.g. after updating the firmware of the Club-
Sport Wheel Base V2) first you need to enter the tuning menu as described
above.
When you use a regular Fanatec Steering Wheel
like the BMW M3 GT2, the Formula Black or Formula

Carbon or the Porsche 918 RSR you must
press the left and right stick at the same time.
Please see corresponding quick guide of the Fanatec

Steering Wheel you use at the ClubSport
Wheel Base V2.

Back