Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Just to play forza it's unreasonable but if you already have a CSWV2 this is great, hopefully we can use the non labelled button boxes from the standard universal hub on this new 'xbone' hub :)
Dunno, if you own a pc and play sims with your CSWV2 there's a big chance you won't have an Xbone. So that means a 700€+ investment just to play FM (console, game + add on puzzle piece by fanatec).

The VERY interesting thing is that the CSWv1 is also listed as compatible with Xbox One via this new hub. Good move on Fanatec's part since that is a considerably larger user base.

It is good that the v1will also work but it doesn't really make sense for the xbox market, as most people would have a Porsche style wheel or a csr elite. With the csr elite being the premium console wheel it would have made sense to me to make something for it, even if it's no longer produced. As it stands right now to even use your existing Fanatec pedals and shifters you need to spend over $1000. For me that's very hard to justify

Well obviously the Xbox wheel hub alone costs more than a Thrustmaster TX. Thinking about it, you could buy an Xbox One, all Forza software for that console, the TX, T3PA pedals, TH8A shifter and wheelstand for the price of a CSWv2, hub, rim and pedals....

These products are clearly in differing market segments. Simple as that.

Availability is now August 31st on the EU webshop.
The first batch had very limited quantities.

...The "real" release date will be early September considering shipment; It is very late: Forza 5 has been missed, Forza Horizon 2 too and now it means that Xbox One compatibility will only be available several months after Project Cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
what are must have Mods/ aftermarket parts for CSW V2 base setup? any recommendations? (shifters? button boxes? tft? other things must haves?)
Fanaleds is a good program to have. I went with the BMW steering wheel and formula black wheel rim to cover road cars, gt cars and openwheelers.

I dont know if its a musthave, but the clubsport shifter SQ is very nice as well. I've just got the Clubsport V1 pedals atm. If i had more disposable income, i'd get a set of hydraulic pedals.

I remember the mockery dealt out by some towards those that purchased a Clubsport V1 for use with Gran Turismo - "You paid that much for a wheel just to play a simcade..... blah, blah, blah". I'm sure that the same will happen here, but what price do you put on community? Fun is fun, and good gear + good friends goes a long way to achieving that fun, and a long way to justifying cost.

I have no need for it, but I say good on them. They'll hopefully have a blast, and help bankroll the Clubsport V3 in the process.

I spent hours in GT5 and GT6 (platinum trophy is time consuming :) ) and I also spend hours on AC and rFactor2. Everytime the pleasure of driving is multiplied by ten because of the Clubsport wheel.

Hi guys. Well, I have a Porsche GT3 RS V2 since 2014, July and I just seen on the Fanatec's website that my wheel is now compatible with PS4 but more expansive than mine. So, is my wheel version really compatible with the PS4 or only the "new one" that I see on the official website?

PS: Maybe you guys already answered to this question earlier but it's a pain to browse all these pages and try to find this information. Many thanks

Last edited:
Your wheel is going to work with Project Cars on the PS4. You will probably be able to use it with some future games as well, but only Pcars for now.

Wondering what the price of a dedicated Xbone Clubsport wheel rim would cost? The Formula wheel rim is $180 US... Am I to assume an Xbone version is going to cost $230?

That's the Xbox One compatible Universal hub with a wheel rim's price. I'm wondering what a dedicated Xbox One Formula wheel would cost. In my guess, simply added $50 to the price of Fanatec's non-carbon fiber Formula rim. Seeing that the price difference between the non Xbone U-hub and the Xbone compatible U-Hub is $50, I figured it made sense to assume that is the difference between other similar wheels with Xbone compatibility... Well once they are announced and all.

This is all an assumption.

Anyone who wants a CSW V2 invitation code? I thought I would get the code last year in December when I had my money but got it late in February, the final straw have been this insane increase in price 700€? Really? There Fanatec lost a customer for life.

Anyone who wants a CSW V2 invitation code? I thought I would get the code last year in December when I had my money but got it late in February, the final straw have been this insane increase in price 700€? Really? There Fanatec lost a customer for life.
I'd like one. I'm stewing over whether to get one of these (lot of cash). If I don't use it, I will certainly repost it back in here. PM me if you are still giving it away.

I'd like one. I'm stewing over whether to get one of these (lot of cash). If I don't use it, I will certainly repost it back in here. PM me if you are still giving it away.

I now see there are two people here who wants an invitation code, you and zelt1x who started a new thread about it. Unsure who to give it to.

question. what do you guys think of cheap Project Cars Steam keys you can buy online, can they be trusted :confused::confused:

edit:
ahmm nevermind !:D

Last edited:
My CSW V2 is back from repair (a bearing die) just in time to play pCars on my ps4 \o/

Does anyone tried ps4 and Clubsport base v2 ? Here in Canada the release date is May 12th...

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a US invite code for the ClubSport Wheel Base V2. If anyone would be so kind I would be very grateful!! THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!! Kurt

Back