Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Global finance is not my thing, but reason seems fairly clearly stated in the blog post linked above. "all good made in the far east usually have to be paid in USD"

It is a bit easy. Fanatec is a european company so their prices should be less sensitive to EUR/USD exchange rate than US or Asian firms.... and we can notice that PS4 or Xbox One prices have not increased. Basically, Fanatec is the only company in the video games business that has increased prices this way.

... At least, it is a proof, that when they really want, they avoid delays :rolleyes:

In fact some prices have already gone up but larger companies have the possibility to fix the exchange rate for some time if they bought enough USD in advance. Gaming consoles usually get cheaper from time to time due to large production and better economies of scale.

It is very likely that instead of increasing prices, those price decreses will simply not happen. Or some agressive bundles will be canceled in Europe.

It is always bad if you have to increase your prices as customers usually expect to see falling prices in this market segment. But selling our products without profit is even harder for us.

In fact some prices have already gone up but larger companies have the possibility to fix the exchange rate for some time if they bought enough USD in advance. Gaming consoles usually get cheaper from time to time due to large production and better economies of scale.

It is very likely that instead of increasing prices, those price decreses will simply not happen. Or some agressive bundles will be canceled in Europe.

It is always bad if you have to increase your prices as customers usually expect to see falling prices in this market segment. But selling our products without profit is even harder for us.

As long as you are profitable I hope to see more awesome gear in the future for a long time =)

Greedy Fanatech with their fragile wheels increased prices soon as PCars announced compatibility with their wheels on PS4,Xbox ONE

The fact that we did not rise the prices in other territories show that it is not related to anything else than the Euro/USD exchange rate.

And of course the support by SMS and others is for free. They are more than happy that our customers will now purchase their games and implementation is very easy.

The fact that we did not rise the prices in other territories show that it is not related to anything else than the Euro/USD exchange rate.

And of course the support by SMS and others is for free. They are more than happy that our customers will now purchase their games and implementation is very easy.

That's pretty cool of them, and a smart move all around!

I am french but now live in Canada. Every time I have converted us price + vat in euro the delta was less than a few unit. Don't worry, as soon as I would have to convert some money from France in dollars, the change invert its ratio so next I have to pay for something with dollars converted in euros, it will be the worse case for me again. Sometimes I feel my salary was better in France, sometimes not and this just because of currency changes :D

Part of those explanations make sense but Fanatec remains a european company. You won't manage to explain that the EUR/USD rate impacts your prices in Europe more than US or Asian firms.
In addition, the initial decision to base your production in countries that expose you to exchange rate risk was your own so transfering the impact to customers and argue that this is normal is at least debatable.

Anyway, it is the decision you have taken. Customer will have to adapt... or not. I think that some products do not make sense anymore like the 918 rsr rim at 530 EUR (as your expensive shipment fees cannot be avoided) but future will tell.

Last edited:
The csw v2 is really impressive in iracing and asset to corsa. What ffb settings do u guys use for asset to corsa and pcars?

He flat out came out and said in his 3rd post on page 1 of that thread much earlier than the no comment post ;)

Quote from Thomas
"On the CSP we are also facing increased production costs so the Price increase is more significant on this model. But the next batch will also see several small improvements so we are confident that the Price is still competitive."

V2.5 or v3 is en route as soon as this batch sell out.
The users asked if an upgrade path or a maintenance kit would be offered too... The answer was no :(

Harsh price increase indeed. In Australia at the moment we can get a GT2 wheel + CSR Elite pedals for the equivalent of around 240 Euros. Just a GT2 wheel in Europe costs 330 Euros.

but....

Greedy Fanatech with their fragile wheels increased prices soon as PCars announced compatibility with their wheels on PS4,Xbox ONE

You've got to know a lot to whip out the g-word. That's tantamount to the oft gurgled "Kaz is lazy" nonsense.

If the price increase was inevitable, what smart company wouldn't time it with positive news?

and....

In addition, the initial decision to base your production in countries that expose you to exchange rate risk was your own so transfering the impact to customers and argue that this is normal is at least debatable.

Enjoy your 2000 Euro German made GT2 wheel in your alternate universe.

How is the gt3 rs fantac wheel its the cheaper wheel but im trying to compare it to a g27. if anyone can give some thoughts thanks
Short version: it's a sidegrade.

The Porsche wheel is much smoother, similar FFB power, a lot more resistance/inertia. If you like an agile light wheel it's not the best choice. If you like smoothness, alcantara, and don't mind a bit more wheel weight then it's a perfectly decent wheel. However personally I prefer the compromises of the Thrustmaster T300 over the Fanatec Porsche wheels (and price wise they are becoming closer as the T300 drops to around €300).

Short version: it's a sidegrade.

The Porsche wheel is much smoother, similar FFB power, a lot more resistance/inertia. If you like an agile light wheel it's not the best choice. If you like smoothness, alcantara, and don't mind a bit more wheel weight then it's a perfectly decent wheel. However personally I prefer the compromises of the Thrustmaster T300 over the Fanatec Porsche wheels (and price wise they are becoming closer as the T300 drops to around €300).
I agree with you but does it really matter what wheel you have? I race in snail and some of the faster guys use a DFGT its how you drive your braking points. I now a guy has won the nascar championship in I racing worth 10,000 dollars the past couple of years with a DFGT. I think im going with fanatic no thrustmaster for me I don't trust the wheels. You see more bad than good on reliability. cs wheel base is what I wont but for now I think the porsche wheel will work for now in less things change on Logitech support. THANKS for giving your thoughts on this.

I agree with you but does it really matter what wheel you have? I race in snail and some of the faster guys use a DFGT its how you drive your braking points. I now a guy has won the nascar championship in I racing worth 10,000 dollars the past couple of years with a DFGT. I think im going with fanatic no thrustmaster for me I don't trust the wheels. You see more bad than good on reliability. cs wheel base is what I wont but for now I think the porsche wheel will work for now in less things change on Logitech support. THANKS for giving your thoughts on this.
Ah, well you need to be very clear about what you are hoping to achieve - a wheel for good times, or good times (that is, good lap times or good times in the fun sense). I highly doubt that you will be faster due to moving from a G27 to a GT3. The biggest reason to switch would be for the smoother belt drive in my opinion.

I would say that to have any reasonable chance of improved lap times you'd need to jump up to something that has more immediacy, like a Clubsport V2 or ideally a direct drive wheel like an Accuforce. They are in a different league on every other level as well. Including price.

Chances are though that the most improvement will come from practice anyway, and a wheel that has the best feel for you will be what you will put the most time in to. So maybe forget about driving fast and focus on driving in style.

Ah, well you need to be very clear about what you are hoping to achieve - a wheel for good times, or good times (that is, good lap times or good times in the fun sense). I highly doubt that you will be faster due to moving from a G27 to a GT3. The biggest reason to switch would be for the smoother belt drive in my opinion.

I would say that to have any reasonable chance of improved lap times you'd need to jump up to something that has more immediacy, like a Clubsport V2 or ideally a direct drive wheel like an Accuforce. They are in a different league on every other level as well. Including price.

Chances are though that the most improvement will come from practice anyway, and a wheel that has the best feel for you will be what you will put the most time in to. So maybe forget about driving fast and focus on driving in style.
I agree. When buying my CSWv2 I was purely looking for something that would improve the immersion and feel, not make me faster. I am faster with it though, the improved feedback helps a lot and because the wheel is strong and fast it is easier to correct slides. Plus I've been using it a LOT more than I ever used my G25 so getting faster through practice.

Part of those explanations make sense but Fanatec remains a european company. You won't manage to explain that the EUR/USD rate impacts your prices in Europe more than US or Asian firms.

You forget that we don't manufacture in Europe but in Asia like most other companies in this business.

The Chinese RMB is connected to the USD and usually everything you purchase is China is paid in USD.

If I buy in USD and sell in USD (like in the US) then there is obviously no exchange rate risk involved.

All US companies selling to Europe have the same problem as their products became 30% more expensive as well. It is just not as obvious as they usually only show the USD price and you have to make the conversion by yourself.

This is a reality of global economy and nothing we can influence.

If the USD would have gone done and if we would have lowered our prices in order to stay competitive then I guess nobody would have complained ;-)

Fanatec... is right

The AccuForce has become 20-30% more expensive for us europeans too.

Where's the promised Xbox rim announced by the way. It's the last day of march

Seems like they are only catering for the high end market lately. Buying that hub + a rim + a wheelbase costs an arm and a leg, and this to play on a bloody Xbone?...

I suppose people that have the expensive wheelbase and rim already stick to pc sims. Better to have released a dedicated wheel like the CSR before it. Within the same price range so it's appealing for console owners, and people that have a pc but don't want to take out a mortgage just for a new wheel. Something to rival the T300.

The VERY interesting thing is that the CSWv1 is also listed as compatible with Xbox One via this new hub. Good move on Fanatec's part since that is a considerably larger user base.

Just to play forza it's unreasonable but if you already have a CSWV2 this is great, hopefully we can use the non labelled button boxes from the standard universal hub on this new 'xbone' hub :)

Back