Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Does anyone have Fanaleds working with the CSW v2 in Assetto Corsa? Fanaleds works fine for me in Dirt Rally and PCars but not in AC. Is this only me, can it be resolved?
It works for some cars but not all the cars. I'm sure there is some logic as to why some do and some don't, just not sure what it is.

Does anyone have Fanaleds working with the CSW v2 in Assetto Corsa? Fanaleds works fine for me in Dirt Rally and PCars but not in AC. Is this only me, can it be resolved?
I'm running the old driver still and it works perfectly for me, when I upgraded to the first Windows 10 driver Fanaleds no longer worked in Assetto Corsa, so I rolled back. I'm not running v3 pedals or anything so there isn't really a reason for me to run a later firmware and driver however if they fix it I'll install the new driver.

Try running an older driver and firmware.

Edit: Thought I would mention that one of my symptoms was not only did the lights not work but my wheel kept on vibrating constantly during racing, Fanaleds was causing the vibration motor to run. Old driver fixed this.

For anyone struggling to get the pedals swapped - the hex bolts are NOT 4mm as specced in the docs.

Fanatic may have specified 4mm, the documentation may say 4mm - but the ones in my pedals are definitely 5/32"

The acorns are 10mm and the hex's on the pedals to change the springs are 3mm as specced in the documentation.

Hopefully it prevents someone else stripping the hardware and making their shiny new pedals look like crap with stripped mangled hardware.

Thanks for warning us, but 5/32" = 3.9688 mm.

Most hex keys are not even that strict.
Why should (German based) Fanatec use an imperial sized bolt amongst all metrics ?

Last edited:
Thanks for warning us, but 5/32" = 3.9688 mm.

Most hex keys are not even that strict.
Why should (German based) Fanatec use an imperial sized bolt amongst all metrics ?

No idea- but the 4mm wouldn't fit and was too large and the 5/32" fit snug with no slop at all with my Bondhus hex keys.

It could be a case of the Chinese manufacturer saying 5/32" is close enough and we have these already...

Ech I'm planning to order pedals again (missed first batch) and just noticed that next damper shipment is set to 2015-10-30

When I ordered pedals were set for 2015-09-30 (euro) and dampers 2015-10-30

Just got an email from UPS what the hell :D that was a nice surprise . I guess I will better order dampers now too.

Last edited:
I got my CSW V2 last month and I also ordered the GT rim and XBox hub combo. The Hub and wheel combo were supposed to ship Aug 31 but so far nothing and Fanatec has not responded to my emails. I see they have some of the other hubs and wheel combos and even the hub by itself.

Is anybody else waiting for this combo and if so have you been able to verify a ship date?

To regular emails they respond quite slow (maybe try calling). I remember, I wrote asking about g27 adapter. Got there response after I bought it already (couple of weeks passed).

To regular emails they respond quite slow (maybe try calling). I remember, I wrote asking about g27 adapter. Got there response after I bought it already (couple of weeks passed).
It depends: sometimes I got an answer within the day, sometimes it takes several days.
Delivery of my stuff was 6 weeks earlier than planned. The damper has not arrived yet,

I have no complaints in terms of delivery or technical support / chat. To my experience its just there regular support is (maybe it is low priority over RMA etc) slow

Need help setting up Fanatec V2 with X1 HUB for Forza 6 demo. Is anyone has the right settings?
I've tried FM4/FM5 way of tune:

In wheel
SEN 540
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS 75
LIN OFF
DEAD OFF
DRI 2
theres no more known settings: FOR, SPR, DPR.

In game
no deadzones
Vibration 50
FF - tried from 30 (almost no signs) to 100 (permanent clipping)
Rotation 540

Low FF just disappear while stronger cause strange dull force sometimes working in completely unpredictable way.
It's hard to even describe it as it's just mess with strong damping mixed with lack of moves in turn.
On Gamescom they were using Fanatec with motion ring so it have to work better than what i got!
Or...demo is just older build not cooperating with Fanatec?

I'll try to switch to my TX wheel, hope im not only one with V2?

edit:
OFC gear is updated
Drivers: 226 beta
Firmware: 116

Last edited:
Just got my pedals. Gonna set them up tomorrow (I hope). Any tips beforehand ?
Like mounting stronger springs from the get go etc ?
Are you guys using the extensions ?

Just got my pedals. Gonna set them up tomorrow (I hope). Any tips beforehand ?
Like mounting stronger springs from the get go etc ?
Are you guys using the extensions ?

- Install the stronger springs on the gas and clutch
- IMO turn brake dial to around 3-4
- If you want to investigate using the curved pedals... start with the clutch (it has not vibration motor)
- If your brake pedal is rubbing or not smooth, take it apart and apply some Vaseline
- Feel bad when you realize you need the damper in order to make the brake feel good

So I just got my rim for my xbone universal hub, attached the rim to the hub, attached the hub to the v2 base. Press "Start" and all my base does is calibrate, stop... calibrate again, over and over. Holding "Start" will not turn off the base and the base is not recognized by my pc so I cannot update firmware. I've had my base in the box since march this is the first time I've turned it on since I only recently received my hub. Before I contact Fanatec anyone have any ideas?

Update: I was able to update my base without rim, and it now seems to be working... in xbone with forza horizon 2 It is very fun so glad to be able to manual shift with clutch again :bowdown:. I will be trying out Forza 6 demo next. The only issue I seem to be having is my base with rim is not recognized by pc in the fanatec driver menu:boggled:?

- Install the stronger springs on the gas and clutch
- IMO turn brake dial to around 3-4
- If you want to investigate using the curved pedals... start with the clutch (it has not vibration motor)
- If your brake pedal is rubbing or not smooth, take it apart and apply some Vaseline
- Feel bad when you realize you need the damper in order to make the brake feel good

Well damper is preordered and I'm coming from stock g27 so it has to be an upgrade right ?

I see that there are almost no Fanatec wheel available anymore, could be we on the verge of a new announcement or are they just really slow to restock their most popular wheels?

Last edited:
RMX
The only issue I seem to be having is my base with rim is not recognized by pc in the fanatec driver menu:boggled:?
When Xbox hub is connected to the base, it boots up in Xbox mode. You need to change it to PC mode to connect to PC. Sorry can't remember the button combo.

I see, that there are almost no Fanatec wheel available anymore, could be we on the verge of a new announcement or are they just really slow to restock their most popular wheels?

Well most of there products are out of stock I think.

I see, that there are almost no Fanatec wheel available anymore, could be we on the verge of a new announcement or are they just really slow to restock their most popular wheels?
I was wondering that too. The CSR and GT3RS are no longer even listed, only the GT2 and CSWv2. Feels like an announcement might come soon.

I was wondering that too. The CSR and GT3RS are no longer even listed, only the GT2 and CSWv2. Feels like an announcement might come soon.
I agree. They did say there would be a new mid range wheel like the gt2 and csr for the ps4 and i belieave xbox one.

Tried the pedals and its an awesome upgrade.

Is it me or the throttle has too much travel? Maybe I'm too used to g27s. Also what does brake force signal stands for ?

Tried the pedals and its an awesome upgrade.

Is it me or the throttle has too much travel? Maybe I'm too used to g27s. Also what does brake force signal stands for ?

Brake force is the electronic version of the Load cell Amp we had on the V2's. So instead of having to bend down and tweek the Dial, you can now do that from the wheel itself.

Back