Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
I have an issue though. When calibrating the SQ shifter, the gears are not picked correctly. There is some wobble in the shaft that causes the shifter to jump form 3 to 5 and 4 to 6th gear. I saw a video of a guy having the same problem.
In game: same thing, and switching to SQ does not seem to work !?

Guess I will have to return it to Fanatec.
Nope. My bad. I must have missed something while calibrating. The shifter works just fine.
Only gripe, when switching from H to SQ I also need to enter menu to remap the up/down inputs. Can't use paddles and SQ at the same time (like with the T500RS / TH8A).

FMW
Why did you end up selling your V3 peddles? Didn't think the update was all that?

Yeah, it really didn't do that much for me. Quick and dirty...

Pros:
- Better resolution was immediately noticeable
- Throttle and clutch action was smoother
- Stiffer included throttle spring is nice
- Looks nice
- Much easier to swap springs vs V2

Cons:
- The brake pedal is a clear step back without the damper...
- Which when included makes the price a bit high (getting close to full hydraulic pedal sets)
- D shaped pedals are a PIA to attach (should be front mounted, not on the side)
- Back to the brake, not only did I find it weak on overall pressure, but especially weak on initial pressure. On the V2 this could be fixed with a $5 stiffer spring. This is not possible on the V3.
- With the V2s you can fix just about every issue with about $30 worth of parts (stiffer springs and better shock). This ability to customize is also a draw vs the V3s.

*IMO including the damper and charging $330-350 would have been much better and probably persuaded me to keep my purchase.

The V3s are by no means "bad", they are just not worth it for somebody that has a V2.

Somebody was willing to pay retail price and at the time I was going through a crisis with my computer and the extra dough seemed like a good idea given the situation.

Nope. My bad. I must have missed something while calibrating. The shifter works just fine.
Only gripe, when switching from H to SQ I also need to enter menu to remap the up/down inputs. Can't use paddles and SQ at the same time (like with the T500RS / TH8A).

fanatec profiler has an option to "map Paddled to SQ"

Yeah, it really didn't do that much for me. Quick and dirty...

Pros:
- Better resolution was immediately noticeable
- Throttle and clutch action was smoother
- Stiffer included throttle spring is nice
- Looks nice
- Much easier to swap springs vs V2

Cons:
- The brake pedal is a clear step back without the damper...
- Which when included makes the price a bit high (getting close to full hydraulic pedal sets)
- D shaped pedals are a PIA to attach (should be front mounted, not on the side)
- Back to the brake, not only did I find it weak on overall pressure, but especially weak on initial pressure. On the V2 this could be fixed with a $5 stiffer spring. This is not possible on the V3.
- With the V2s you can fix just about every issue with about $30 worth of parts (stiffer springs and better shock). This ability to customize is also a draw vs the V3s.

*IMO including the damper and charging $330-350 would have been much better and probably persuaded me to keep my purchase.

The V3s are by no means "bad", they are just not worth it for somebody that has a V2.

Somebody was willing to pay retail price and at the time I was going through a crisis with my computer and the extra dough seemed like a good idea given the situation.

Makes sense to me. I have V2's with a nice damper set up and I was on the fence in upgrading. =)

I'm sorry I used here.
I am in Japanese language, please contact Support.
From September 22, 2005 many times it sends.
However, the contact from the support not even come at once.
It is also an answer to the query is not here.

If we cannot support in Japanese in Japan should be posted on site.
If you are expecting what the Japanese day of contact will come? There are anger.
I am sorry, everyone. And thank you very much.

If possible, try to write out your question in English (we can help), and call Fanatec Support [+49 (871) 9221 299 (Mo-Fr 14.00-16.00) (UTC+01:00)]. If phone does not work, go to Fanatec's website during the same time and click the red box on the right of the website (technical support).

EX:

Hi my name is (YOUR NAME).

I am from Japan and speak no German and little English.

My product (PRODUCT NAME), serial number (########), does not work.

For further contact, please email (YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS) so I can translate.

I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

参考までに。どうもありがとうございました。変換が使用されています。
日本語でFANATECJPが使用されます。
日本語のサポートが書かれており、返信が来ない事実でありますされています。
日本語サポートは嘘です。日本の価格は、他の国は貧しいサポートの質と実現されているよりも高いです。
日本連絡先からの代表は、技術的な問題が解決されていないされて来ています。

For reference. Thank you very much. Translation is used.
FANATECJP in Japanese language is used.
Support for the Japanese language is written and there are in fact the reply does not come.
Japanese language support is a lie. Japan price is higher than any other country is poor quality of support and realized.
Representatives from Japan Contact is coming is a technical problem is not resolved.

I think you should write your problem here and we could help you write your email.
From my experience they are slow in responding direct emails.
Does Japanese website have a chat option? They are faster with that.

As for prices I feel you, Europeans have them high too.

I am using a translation.
Is there a place I'm sorry but something was wrong.
CSW 1.5 FW115 and XBOXHUB.To reseat the PC USB FFB and the center.
When there is no center FFB other USB port to move several times and the resurrection.
USB standards used in 3 and 2.
Laptop and Desktop PC PC same symptoms.
FFB XBOX mode when you switch to the center.
To support this issue, but I don't give answers.
But if there is a person who you know?

The FANATECJP chat and phone.
in Japanese and we support the JP's to have
contact techsupport even once to come to think of it.
Thank you very much.

To my understanding you don't have any ffb when in xbox mode with your CSW 1.5 and xbox hub ?

Do other rims work fine ?

I had similar problem with my CSW v2 (but the whole base would disconnect until it was no longer able to connect at all). I think that fanatec re-flashed it's FW.

If there is chat button just contact them trough that (while they are online). If they ask about you contacting techsupport, say that you got no response.

Just watched the FM6 / Vodafone Promo video covered in ISR

Thats an epic beard. :)
LrfMLVf.png

At first, when I watched the video I didn't think that was Thomas, but yes, that is an epic beard. Right up there with the Dos Equis guy. LOL.

Looks like the motor is dead, it tries to start but the motor tries to draw to much power and the wheel shuts off, then just repeats the cycle

If I were to buy a CSW V2 with the BMW rim, would that be compatible with pCars on PS4? I know the base will work on the PS4, but will the BMW rim too, can anyone with that setup on PS4 confirm? Just not sure. Thanks in advance!

Jerome

If I were to buy a CSW V2 with the BMW rim, would that be compatible with pCars on PS4? I know the base will work on the PS4, but will the BMW rim too, can anyone with that setup on PS4 confirm? Just not sure. Thanks in advance!

Jerome
Yes the BMW rim will. I have the same set up. works good

fanatec profiler has an option to "map Paddled to SQ"
Yes, that solve the problem (at least on PC). Flagging this option maps the sequential shifter SQ as button 5 and 6, which are equal to the paddles, so you can shift both with paddles and the shifter. Assuming the shifter is properly connected to the wheel.

I just hope CSW v2 will work on GT S (Trailer they showed featured t300 but GT always had good support in terms of wheels)
I'm sure it will. No reason not to be compatible, after all these proclamas about PS4 compatibility by Fanatec. It would be not good.

Back