Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Just got my delay email too. (in US)

And I just sent back my second CSS shifter last week for missing shifts. That's two in less than a year, and I think I took 3 months off of playing in the summer. Some things never change...

And I just sent back my second CSS shifter last week for missing shifts. That's two in less than a year, and I think I took 3 months off of playing in the summer. Some things never change...

Wow, I thought the CSS was pretty reliable.

Interesting, so the delay is for Australia, Europe and USA. That ship must really have had only CSW V2 bases loaded and was too heavy. So it crashed.

Is that really possible that one single ship had the bases for EU, AU and US and would have been delivered them so fast to all continents that we all would get our wheels on December 8th? Really strange...

t
Interesting, so the delay is for Australia, Europe and USA. That ship must really have had only CSW V2 bases loaded and was too heavy. So it crashed.

Is that really possible that one single ship had the bases for EU, AU and US and would have been delivered them so fast to all continents that we all would get our wheels on December 8th? Really strange...

LOL, I doubt it was a single ship. My order was in the US too. I almost thought until this morning that my order was going to make it on time since I still haven't received an E-mail from them, but then it came this morning.

My guess is that they're built in China and there was probably a delay in getting them from China to distribute.

Last edited:
I received email this morning as well about end of December for my v2 base :(

I received my black friday BMW gt3 and formula rim a couple days, now I really can't wait for the base lol. Everyday I've been taking them out of there dust covers just to hold haha.

I also bought a used css Sq shifter on eBay for an Xmas present, the quality is top notch. But I sold my Csr-e and I can't even test out if it works or not :(

There was a CSW v2 on eBay for sale yesterday with a few days left on the auction however I'm sure it will end up going for more than Fanatec's price.

Wow, I thought the CSS was pretty reliable.

Very frustrating, I don't even play a ton bbetween kids and work. There were a lot of issues with the first batches of them. I had hoped my second one would have had the issues corrected.

If they were reliable, I don't think there would already be a v1.5 and the warranties for the V1.0 ones extended for an additional year.

Good thing I've kept my Frex Sequential mounted as well.

Very frustrating, I don't even play a ton bbetween kids and work. There were a lot of issues with the first batches of them. I had hoped my second one would have had the issues corrected.

If they were reliable, I don't think there would already be a v1.5 and the warranties for the V1.0 ones extended for an additional year.

Good thing I've kept my Frex Sequential mounted as well.

I knew they had a new revision, was your second one a 1.5? I've been really pleased with my TH8RS and my TH8A, but I don't use them in sequential mode hardly ever, I just use the paddles on the wheel and mostly use them in H-pattern.

I knew they had a new revision, was your second one a 1.5? I've been really pleased with my TH8RS and my TH8A, but I don't use them in sequential mode hardly ever, I just use the paddles on the wheel and mostly use them in H-pattern.

My second was a 1.0. I got it back in the spring.

When I saw everyone getting the delay messages I emailed Fanatec to ask if mine would also be delayed, as I am moving house soon so I might need to change my address, I got a reply saying yes it has been delayed till "Mid December". I replied saying no problem, but I move house on the 16th so I may need to change the delivery address.

Before I got the next reply someone else from Australia on the Fanatec forum had also been in contact with Fanatec and received an email stating that the Australian warehouse had just received the shipment of CSWv2s. I then got a reply later on that day stating that it would not be a problem to change the address, however it "May be possible to get the CSWv2 to you before your moving day".

I replied saying that would be brilliant but if not possible I'll be in further contact to update my delivery address.

I then got the same automated email at exactly midnight stating that my order had been delayed until "Early January 2015".

I'm hoping that the automated email is just a worst case scenario that went out to everyone and that the customer service lady I was talking to knew that the order had been delivered to Australia and so I might receive the order in time for my move.

We'll see I suppose. I have my fingers crossed for an email with a tracking number some time next week :)

t

LOL, I doubt it was a single ship. My order was in the US too. I almost thought until this morning that my order was going to make it on time since I still haven't received an E-mail from them, but then it came this morning.

My guess is that they're built in China and there was probably a delay in getting them from China to distribute.

Fanatec support replied to a customer that the ship that has the bases loaded had crashed and that this is the reason for the delay. So I only was wondering if that ship had all the wheels loaded for EU, US and AU... Because the delivery has been delayed everywhere.

For those in the USA you all might want to read this http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-port-congestion-20141025-story.html

This bottleneck, which is still ongoing is affecting my business as well. I import RC hobby goods from Japan and to date the docks are backed up between 7-10 day minimum. My wheel had an expected delivery date of Dec 18. Now it's been pushed back to late Dec, which is really no big deal in the grand scheme of things. =)

@FMW nice find...im still keeping my fingers crossed that my wheel will come sometime this month. But my expectations are early mid January. Well the nice thing is that once my product does ship it only takes one day to get to my door step lol

FMW
For those in the USA you all might want to read this http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-port-congestion-20141025-story.html

This bottleneck, which is still ongoing is affecting my business as well. I import RC hobby goods from Japan and to date the docks are backed up between 7-10 day minimum. My wheel had an expected delivery date of Dec 18. Now it's been pushed back to late Dec, which is really no big deal in the grand scheme of things. =)

That is a way better information than Fanatec gave us ;)

That is a way better information than Fanatec gave us ;)

Doesn't really explain why shipments are delayed in all other countries and that article was dated Oct 24, 2014. I would like to think most of those issues have been resolved by now. I doubt there's cargo still sitting there from Oct. 24. I believe there's other reasons for the delay.

Seems to me though if it wasn't resolved yet, there would be an updated article about it. Just my thinking though.

Take a look here: http://www.ilwu13.com/

Specifically the bulletin from Dec 4th.

Not saying they are correct, but it gives some insight into the slowdown. Most companies aren't going to be too quick to start blaming a union for shipping delays, which is what many are being told. Whether it's true or not doesn't really matter.

Some Australians in the iRacing forum got an shipment message from Fanatec with tracking number. So at least they get their wheels with a short delay 👍

Take a look here: http://www.ilwu13.com/

Specifically the bulletin from Dec 4th.

Not saying they are correct, but it gives some insight into the slowdown. Most companies aren't going to be too quick to start blaming a union for shipping delays, which is what many are being told. Whether it's true or not doesn't really matter.

Interesting read. I don't know who to believe but clearly there's something wrong there. I don't care for unions nor believe half of what they say since most are corrupt however it doesn't change the fact that there's clearly a management/workforce issue there causing problems. To what degree, I guess we won't know unless we worked there but it doesn't sound good at least in the short term future.

Welcome back Jon, haven't seen on you online in a while.

Unions use these situations to get what they want.
As far as the date and situation with the article goes....they are still backed up. I deal with this as I import 40 foot containers of goods every other week. Our delays due to the docks are driving our sales people crazy.

my gated shifter that came with the turbo S is acting up. it is stuck registering in 6th gear no matter what i do :/ sequential works fine though. I'm not sure what the problem is. i cant do the calibration for the shifter cus its stuck in 6th

my gated shifter that came with the turbo S is acting up. it is stuck registering in 6th gear no matter what i do :/ sequential works fine though. I'm not sure what the problem is. i cant do the calibration for the shifter cus its stuck in 6th
Physically stuck as well as how it registers?

They are really not at all scary to pull apart.

This video might help in seeing what to expect from the innards. It might be obvious what's wrong once it's open.

I hate not responding properly, but I am short on time. So Blkout, we'll talk soon. :)

However, with regard to the shifter. If you have a soldering iron, it's simple to fix, guaranteed. A common issue with that shifter is that the wires will break off from the solder joints. Just open up the shifter like instructed in the video that LeMansAid kindly posted and look for a loose wire or two. If for some reason two or more are disconnected. I will check back here for a response and let you know how they should be connected. Stuck in 6th is a common symptom of no gears being recognized.

Something important to note that often isn't talked about...

Never do shifter calibration on any of the current Fanatec wheels while in Xbox mode. This was removed from their instructions some time ago. Either use PS3 or PC mode on the wheel during shifter calibration. If you do not, you may end up having to reflash the firmware on your wheel. Trust me, I've helped a great many people through the process of reflashing their wheel in order to get one of my adapters to work because of this. :)

Back