Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Hey @Fanatec... got any discount codes for free shipping? I'm interested in getting the CSL E PS4 edition + a Formula Black rim, and would love to not have to pay for shipping :lol:

I mean, I'll most likely buy them either way, but free shipping's always nice.

Edit: Does anyone here have some impressions of the new beta firmware? The clunking is my only concern about the CSL, so has the new setting fixed the issue? Or at least reduced it enough for it to not be a problem? I'd appreciate any feedback, or any reviews of the CSL-E PS4 wheel.

Great discussion here on the new FW

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Edit: Does anyone here have some impressions of the new beta firmware? The clunking is my only concern about the CSL, so has the new setting fixed the issue? Or at least reduced it enough for it to not be a problem? I'd appreciate any feedback, or any reviews of the CSL-E PS4 wheel.

The FEI setting introduced in the new firmware fixes the clunking. Turn it to 10 and the wheel becomes super smooth and silent but on the other hand you loose some ffb accuracy. I've never had problems with the clunking (I use headphones when driving and can't hear a thing) and still like the ffb most when the FEI value is set to 0, which is the same as in previous firmware.

Have been using the wheel for about three months now and still like it a lot. Only problem so far is that Assetto Corsa still after all this time doesn't work correctly with but that's probably more Kunos's fault than Fanatec's.

Cheers mate. By the looks of it, this new setting hasn't really fixed the problem. Lots of people reporting that increasing the value removes all of the detail from the FFB, but reducing it too much brings the clunking back. Sounds like a compromise between "nice FFB, but loud and clunky", and "Quiet, but vague FFB". Can't say I'm a fan of either of those options. Hopefully there's some acceptable middle-ground.

The FEI setting introduced in the new firmware fixes the clunking. Turn it to 10 and the wheel becomes super smooth and silent but on the other hand you loose some ffb accuracy. I've never had problems with the clunking (I use headphones when driving and can't hear a thing) and still like the ffb most when the FEI value is set to 0, which is the same as in previous firmware.

Have been using the wheel for about three months now and still like it a lot. Only problem so far is that Assetto Corsa still after all this time doesn't work correctly with but that's probably more Kunos's fault than Fanatec's.

From what I've read, anything over 6 makes the FFB feel pretty much dead and vague. I might have to just put up with the clunking, but I'm concerned that there might be mechanical wear/damage occurring during that kind of loud mechanical clunking. I'd be mega pissed to have paid so much for something that has a major design fault, if this issue turns out to be bad enough to start breaking wheels.

FEI rattle test 3:45 ->
It's italian video, but it's a simple test. Hard to tell how loud it actually is, but my T150 used to make sounds like that until the rattling suddenly stopped.:boggled:

Don't know what kind of magic tricks SMS pulled off but my CSL Elite is pretty much silent when playing Pcars2 with FEI set 0 and pretty strong ffb. The rattling never really bothered me when playing AC but definitely don't mind it being silent now. :P

Don't know what kind of magic tricks SMS pulled off but my CSL Elite is pretty much silent when playing Pcars2 with FEI set 0 and pretty strong ffb. The rattling never really bothered me when playing AC but definitely don't mind it being silent now. :P

The rattling is actually software related. This is why we can eliminate it with the FEI setting.

It has to do with how square the amplitudes of the force effects are. Softer and round edges are also more realistic as real life physics are not on/off.

Hey, I've downloaded the latest drivers (v292), and updated the wheel base's firmware, but the FEI setting is not available in the tuning menu. Have I done something wrong? Or is this new setting only available in a beta firmware?

@Fanatec... Any news on support of the CSL Elite PS4 Edition wheel for Gran Turismo Sport? what i mean is, do the wheel have some own settings in game? all buttons resignable? and force feedback settings and other?

Help needed :banghead::confused:

In anticipation of the release of GT sport I recently sold my trusted CSW V1 Wheel and replaced it with a CSL Elite PS4 wheel. Assuming that they are compatible with the CSL I kept my Clubsport Pedals V1, which worked like a charm on the CSW and never had any issues.

When the CSL PS4 wheel arrived I updated the driver via PC to the most recent version downloaded from the Fanatec homepage. The display on the wheel reads 297/18. Next I connected the pedals via RJ12 adapter, the same one that previously connected pedals and CSW base flawlessly. Then I checked the setup via the “device properties” page on PC. All inputs worked including the pedal inputs with the blue bars responding nice and smooth to break and gas pedals. I concluded that the pedals are fine and properly connected to the base.

Next I turned on my PS4 pro operating under version 5.00 firmware, plugged the wheel in via USB and started Assetto Corsa 1.15 or Project Cars 2 1.03. The pedals are not recognized by both games and I cannot assign them manually or calibrate them. The rest of the controller functions are all fine.

I asked for help from the Fanatec Tech support but got no response. Any idea of what went wrong? Your help is deeply appreciated. 👍

Help needed :banghead::confused:

In anticipation of the release of GT sport I recently sold my trusted CSW V1 Wheel and replaced it with a CSL Elite PS4 wheel. Assuming that they are compatible with the CSL I kept my Clubsport Pedals V1, which worked like a charm on the CSW and never had any issues.

When the CSL PS4 wheel arrived I updated the driver via PC to the most recent version downloaded from the Fanatec homepage. The display on the wheel reads 297/18. Next I connected the pedals via RJ12 adapter, the same one that previously connected pedals and CSW base flawlessly. Then I checked the setup via the “device properties” page on PC. All inputs worked including the pedal inputs with the blue bars responding nice and smooth to break and gas pedals. I concluded that the pedals are fine and properly connected to the base.

Next I turned on my PS4 pro operating under version 5.00 firmware, plugged the wheel in via USB and started Assetto Corsa 1.15 or Project Cars 2 1.03. The pedals are not recognized by both games and I cannot assign them manually or calibrate them. The rest of the controller functions are all fine.

I asked for help from the Fanatec Tech support but got no response. Any idea of what went wrong? Your help is deeply appreciated. 👍

Well this is disappointing for me to read. I recently bought a CSL-E myself, and also have CSP V1s. I hadn't realised I needed a different cable (my own stupid fault) so I ordered it the day after taking delivery of the wheel. I'm expecting to cable today, but it's going to be a bummer if the pedals aren't recognised by games, as there's no way I'm buying new pedals (I'd rather sell my entire PS4 collection and build a PC)

What you could do, if updating the firmware doesn't help, is use GIMX. I'm currently using it to allow me to use my wheel and pedals without the PS/2 to RJ12 cable (pedals and wheel base both plugged into the PC via USB, then run through GIMX to get them to work on PS4). The downside is the games obviously think it's a G29 (GIMX emulates a G29), and so things like the rev lights and digital display don't work.

Edit: Just to add that I updated the wheel base firmware again yesterday, as my laptop told me there was newer firmware available. Now it's got the FEI setting in the tuning menu, so I tested it out in F1 2017. At lower levels it doesn't do much to quiet the clunking, but at higher levels it quietens it down significantly. The downside is the FFB effects are significantly softened by this setting. Some may like the softened FFB, and some may not. I don't particularly like it, so I've kept the FEI low (currently at 2 for F1 2017). I found that reducing the canned effects like road feel, kerb feel, etc. made a much bigger difference to the noise, as it seems these canned effects are the main cause of the clunking. In f1 2017 I reduced the canned effects from 100 down to between 5 and 10, which sounds like a massive reduction, but weirdly even on 5 I can feel all the subtle road and kerb bumps, they just aren't violent anymore, and as such don't cause that horrible noise. I get a clunk here and there, but it's mostly silent now, which is nice. I'll do a full review soon, I just want to use the wheel for a week or two before reviewing it.

Last edited:
Well this is disappointing for me to read. I recently bought a CSL-E myself, and also have CSP V1s. I hadn't realised I needed a different cable (my own stupid fault) so I ordered it the day after taking delivery of the wheel. I'm expecting to cable today, but it's going to be a bummer if the pedals aren't recognised by games, as there's no way I'm buying new pedals (I'd rather sell my entire PS4 collection and build a PC)

What you could do, if updating the firmware doesn't help, is use GIMX. I'm currently using it to allow me to use my wheel and pedals without the PS/2 to RJ12 cable (pedals and wheel base both plugged into the PC via USB, then run through GIMX to get them to work on PS4). The downside is the games obviously think it's a G29 (GIMX emulates a G29), and so things like the rev lights and digital display don't work.

Off course I updated the firmware following the described prodedure point by point. In fact I repeated the entire procedure several times always with the same unfortunate result. I would be happy to admit having made a mistake, it´s just that I don´t see any.

The GIMX work around is exactly what I intended to avoid by buying the fully licensed wheel. It was actually the 3rd wheel that i purchased from Fanatec plus several pieces of accessories. Always got very satisfactory products, I am now very badly surprised by this rather disappointing experience. Still no useful input from their Tech support.

So the GT Sport Demo is up. But in the game controller menu, there is no sign of Fanatec :( of course all of the thrustmaster wheels t80 all the way up to t500 and TGT, logitech G29 but no fanatec :(

So the GT Sport Demo is up. But in the game controller menu, there is no sign of Fanatec :( of course all of the thrustmaster wheels t80 all the way up to t500 and TGT, logitech G29 but no fanatec :(
That’s not good. Hopefully it’s updated by the time the full game releases.

Wonder if the beta will just register our fanatecs as thrustmasters or?

I do hope they add fanatec for feature ect.

bought the CSL elite off the Europe store due to my location.
item shipped with a "droopy" dpad button....:mad::mad::mad:

Reached out to Fanatec, they insisted that i need to return the wheel before they send me a replacement.
All this just weeks before GT Sport......:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jeez....

seems that their service is not exactly at an all time high. I have an useless wheel since 5 days, :mad: piece of crap. They took my money and now no one´s giving a ....

bought the CSL elite off the Europe store due to my location.
item shipped with a "droopy" dpad button....:mad::mad::mad:

Reached out to Fanatec, they insisted that i need to return the wheel before they send me a replacement.
All this just weeks before GT Sport......:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jeez....

The dpad on mine was junk out of the box too. If I hold it just right it does work but it's definitely not right. Don't get why they didn't just put a regular 4 button dpad on there if they weren't going to use a better quality joystick and socket.

Are they asking you to just send the wheel or the whole package (wheel and base)?

Problem solved, wheel works after a chat with a very friendly Fanatec employee on the phone. Back to my "happy Fanatec customer mode".:P
Small tip: don't download the driver package labeled "PS4" if you want the wheel to work on PS4 :confused:

Problem solved, wheel works after a chat with a very friendly Fanatec employee on the phone. Back to my "happy Fanatec customer mode".:P
Small tip: don't download the driver package labeled "PS4" if you want the wheel to work on PS4 :confused:
Is it working for you with Gran Turismo Sport? Everyone else is saying it’s not.

How did you solve the problem? How did you make it work with GTS? Please share with us, sure I'm not the only anxious around here

I really hope i didnt get duped into buying this wheel and cs v3 pedals to find out they arent telling the truth about gt sport being compatible. In the demo there is no ff and the pedals do not work at all. If i wasted 900$ on this Im not going to be a happy customer. The silence is deafening from fanatec. God im never a impulse buyer but they got me on this one. I was holding out for so long to see the reviews on the t gt vs csl. But having a fanatec wheel in the past I thought it would be light years ahead but whats the point of having great hardware if no one will support it. /end rant

I really hope i didnt get duped into buying this wheel and cs v3 pedals to find out they arent telling the truth about gt sport being compatible. In the demo there is no ff and the pedals do not work at all. If i wasted 900$ on this Im not going to be a happy customer. The silence is deafening from fanatec. God im never a impulse buyer but they got me on this one. I was holding out for so long to see the reviews on the t gt vs csl. But having a fanatec wheel in the past I thought it would be light years ahead but whats the point of having great hardware if no one will support it. /end rant
How have u connected the pedals? U need to connect them to the wheel base with the ”phone” cable

You took the words straight out of my mouth. I’m in the exact same boat as you. Such a bummer.

I could not say it better.

Back