Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Next week my product was heading back to Germany. Very fast, simple to follow & it was during holiday time.[/QUOTE]
I guess it’s a more simple process when you’re over there I Europe.

Not so easy from here in Australia

Last edited:
Not so easy from here in Australia
If they manage to deliver it to Australia i don't see a problem there other than it's far more time consuming... Oh i missed the bad english part :/ Hopefully they'll contact you soon.

I edited my earlier post, so i'd appreciate if you could edit your post and erase the Quote part, at least the most of it? Thanks.

Last edited:
If they manage to deliver it to Australia i don't see a problem there other than it's far more time consuming... Oh i missed the bad english part :/ Hopefully they'll contact you soon.

It doubt it has come from Germany. I think it comes from China, to a warehouse in Melbourne, Australia. Then the goods are posted with Australia Post's delivery services.

For me, three items were dispatched from the warehouse within two days, and according to Australia Post, the fourth item was also sent but not with the other three. Hence the delivery was held by Australia Post who waited almost a week for the fourth item to arrive (the brake performance kit for the V3 pedals). The delay being the Australian warehouse. I complained to Australia Post and to Endor, the latter who did nothing. Finally Australia Post delivered the first three items. Two days later the Brake Performance kit arrived. It had always been itemized as in stock. Curiously it was not sealed - the sides of the box had no tape holding it together.

Anyhow the warehouse would probably be an outsourced storage facility with a contract with Fanatec/Endor. They likely handle lots of deliveries for various companies, and Endor have a shelf somewhere for their stocks.

So to return it - who knows. There is likely an Australian company with a service contract, to handle repairs. There are some large and excellent computer IT companies who do repair work for IT goods. Endor likely outsource their service to one of those companies. The goods would be returned to the warehouse, and then sent to repairer. Who IMO would fix the item, and repackage it, and then send it back to the warehouse, who would send it to the owner, or in the case of a Dead on Arrival, the item might be treated as brand new and put back into stock as brand new. Because a Dead on Arrival in theory has not been used.

I notice that Fanatec does not offer re-furbished items. Which makes me think that some repaired items are repaired and then are sold as brand new. Which is why I think my product did not work - because the repairer likely fixed something which was returned from someone else in Australia, but the Australian repairer did not check it on a PS4. Mine seems to work when attached to the PC for the various upgrades and hardware checks, which all seemed to pass. I don't know the manufacturing date, and if that is based on a label, that label might just reflect when it was printed, not when the goods were made.

Eventually I guess broken stuff might go back to China. Who knows ...

Endor should simply have an office in Australia, with a repair service, and someone on the phone. Then I'd be happy. Their business model is wrong for Australia, IMO. If they had proper quality assurance procedures in China, their business model might work. IMO they do not.

Last edited:
It doubt it has come from Germany. I think it comes from China, to a warehouse in Melbourne, Australia. Then the goods are posted with Australia Post's delivery services.

For me, three items were dispatched from the warehouse within two days, and according to Australia Post, the fourth item was also sent but not with the other three. Hence the delivery was held by Australia Post who waited almost a week for the fourth item to arrive (the brake performance kit for the V3 pedals). The delay being the Australian warehouse. I complained to Australia Post and to Endor, the latter who did nothing. Finally Australia Post delivered the first three items. Two days later the Brake Performance kit arrived. It had always been itemized as in stock. Curiously it was not sealed - the sides of the box had no tape holding it together.

Anyhow the warehouse would probably be an outsourced storage facility with a contract with Fanatec/Endor. They likely handle lots of deliveries for various companies, and Endor have a shelf somewhere for their stocks.

So to return it - who knows. There is likely an Australian company with a service contract, to handle repairs. There are some large and excellent computer IT companies who do repair work for IT goods. Endor likely outsource their service to one of those companies. The goods would be returned to the warehouse, and then sent to repairer. Who IMO would fix the item, and repackage it, and then send it back to the warehouse, who would send it to the owner, or in the case of a Dead on Arrival, the item might be treated as brand new and put back into stock as brand new. Because a Dead on Arrival in theory has not been used.

I notice that Fanatec does not offer re-furbished items. Which makes me think that some repaired items are repaired and then are sold as brand new. Which is why I think my product did not work - because the repairer likely fixed something which was returned from someone else in Australia, but the Australian repairer did not check it on a PS4. Mine seems to work when attached to the PC for the various upgrades and hardware checks, which all seemed to pass. I don't know the manufacturing date, and if that is based on a label, that label might just reflect when it was printed, not when the goods were made.

Eventually I guess broken stuff might go back to China. Who knows ...

Endor should simply have an office in Australia, with a repair service, and someone on the phone. Then I'd be happy. Their business model is wrong for Australia, IMO. If they had proper quality assurance procedures in China, their business model might work. IMO they do not.

I understand the frustration here but I am confused.
You keep saying the wheel arrived dead, but it works on your PC?
Do you have any games on PC to test linearity/FFB?
This sounds to me like a software issue not allowing the PS4 to recognize.
If it's working on PC the hardware is not defective.
Still, you paid good money for PS4 compatibility I have no doubt they'll sort it.

I understand the frustration here but I am confused.
You keep saying the wheel arrived dead, but it works on your PC?
Do you have any games on PC to test linearity/FFB?
This sounds to me like a software issue not allowing the PS4 to recognize.
If it's working on PC the hardware is not defective.
Still, you paid good money for PS4 compatibility I have no doubt they'll sort it.

I have not driven it on the PC. I just upgraded the software as instructed. And later when it didn't work - I put it back on the PC and tested it. The lights all worked and clearly the USB connection communicated properly. The force feedback check also vibrated the wheel.

But the PS4 doesn't recognise it. It seemed to at the very first, then the PS4 announced a device had stopped communicating, and that was it. I checked it on the PC with Fanatec's software, upgraded it again, and checked the hardware. And no recognition on the PS4.

The support from Fanatec is also appalling. If they communicated, I would be patient. But they don't. I have also rung them seven times, and they do not answer. I don't want to pay real money to a company who will not follow the basics of ethical business. Unfortunately there are few options for the PS4 though. I may just adapt my Logitech G27's brakes and use that old kit along with a device to make it connect. Or buy something from Thrustmaster. At least with them if it fails I can go to a retailer and they'll assist me. I am unsure though of Thrustmaster's longevity, their gear has had lots of quality issues too. I don't mind paying good money for something but if its actually a toy and isn't properly made and properly supported, its just dumb for me to continue with them, as that is no fun and one drives a game or a sim for fun.

Fanatec sent me 16 identical emails inside two minutes, all promising to contact me. They have not contacted me besides the identical emails. Their company seems quite out of control from a customer satisfaction perspective.

I have not driven it on the PC. I just upgraded the software as instructed. And later when it didn't work - I put it back on the PC and tested it. The lights all worked and clearly the USB connection communicated properly. The force feedback check also vibrated the wheel.

But the PS4 doesn't recognise it. It seemed to at the very first, then the PS4 announced a device had stopped communicating, and that was it. I checked it on the PC with Fanatec's software, upgraded it again, and checked the hardware. And no recognition on the PS4.

The support from Fanatec is also appalling. If they communicated, I would be patient. But they don't. I have also rung them seven times, and they do not answer. I don't want to pay real money to a company who will not follow the basics of ethical business. Unfortunately there are few options for the PS4 though. I may just adapt my Logitech G27's brakes and use that old kit along with a device to make it connect. Or buy something from Thrustmaster. At least with them if it fails I can go to a retailer and they'll assist me. I am unsure though of Thrustmaster's longevity, their gear has had lots of quality issues too. I don't mind paying good money for something but if its actually a toy and isn't properly made and properly supported, its just dumb for me to continue with them, as that is no fun and one drives a game or a sim for fun.

Fanatec sent me 16 identical emails inside two minutes, all promising to contact me. They have not contacted me besides the identical emails. Their company seems quite out of control from a customer satisfaction perspective.

Could you try something for me?

Connect the wheel to the PS4
Turn on PS4 and launch the game, then TURN OFF your DS4 controller.

Recognize the wheel now?

Hmm I checked the wheel, and its just dead. It passes all tests via the PC connection, but there is no handshaking or recognition by the PS4 that the wheel now exists. I have selected the wheel GT Sport's controller options. With the PS4, the controller options do not recognise that the Elite is there at all. The only controller shown on the PS4 is the hand controller, despite the wheelbase being connected and the wheel showing its in Blue mode. None of the wheel's controls respond either.

It's a dead on arrival I reckon.

And some parts were missing too.

Not impressed by Fanatec, especially that their replies take days to come through. I'll ring Germany tonight I guess. I'm considering returning the whole lot of gear and just getting a logitech G29. At least it will work.

Did you tried purple mode and any other racing game besides GTS??

Could you try something for me?

Connect the wheel to the PS4
Turn on PS4 and launch the game, then TURN OFF your DS4 controller.

Recognize the wheel now?

Thanks very much for your input. Its appreciated. Also to Mirror_man, thanks.

Incidentally, Fanatec have not responded (except for 16 emails sent inside three minutes where they said they would contact me shortly - they did not) , or answered their telephone - well they answer the phone, they put you on hold, you select and option, and then they disconnect you.

Yes I tried that - the wheel still did not respond, and I then lost control of the PS4, because there was no way to interface with the PS4. I rebooted the PS4 by using the touch turn off method. I tried several boot combinations - none of them found the Fanatec i.e. with the Elite on, off, connected, non connected, with the PS4 hard connected, with it not hard connected.

I tried the different modes too - by pushing the button. The Elite boots into blue mode by default, but yes, I then did try the other two modes. But I don't believe that a mode would interfer with a USB failure on the PS4. The PS4 also recognises other USB devices.

When the PS4 turns on, it asks to engage a controller. The DS4 controller is able to do that. The PS4 cannot do that. And if one goes into the menu system, and go to controllers - there is nothing but the DS4 controller.

The PS4 has just two games on it also. GTS, and a strategy game which has hardly been played. I only got the PS4 for driving games.

Last edited:
I spoke to Paypal this morning, and they recommended I escalate the issue, due to Endor not responding. So now Paypal say they will talk to Endor rather than me talking to them. They say that they have some sort of effect or influence over Endor, who I think use Paypal quite a lot for payments. If Endor would have answered their phone or if they'd contacted me in a timely fashion, (and of course provided me with a working product) this all could have been avoided.

I think now I'll pack up all the gear and wait for it to be picked up, I hope. Its no good to me now. I guess I'll have to get a Thrustmaster setup - a shame as I wanted load cell brakes. I bought the V3 kit with the tuning kit - but that won't work with the Thrustmaster. I was about to order Fanatec's gear change too as I thought it better value than Thrustmaster's gear change. Thrustmaster haven't got a great reputation for quality either ... which was why I went for Fanatec ... I guess this type of gear is really half way between well engineered devices and being simply a toy that isn't well made.

You should post this on the Fanatec FB page
Paypal have told me now not to communicate with Endor/Fanatec. So I can't do that now I guess. For your wheel problem, since you are in Australia, and therefore you would have used Paypal, maybe you should contact them? Doing so might highlight to Endor that support isn't something that should be ignored. I suspect their CEO presumes that their product is fine and hence their budget for support is quite restricted. Paypal issues related to poor support and poor quality might bring it home to their finance guys that support is important.

Sounds like you've done everything possible on your end, shame they're not getting in touch with you.

I've had great luck and love Fanatec products, my CSR Elite I bought when it released is still going strong 7 years on.

Thrustmaster makes good products, my son has a well used T150 that has given no problems, but is a toy compared to the price point your looking for. I would personally steer clear of the T300 just due to the fact the power supply is internal and there's been a lot of heat associated problems there.
I know the TSPC from personal experience is a fantastic wheel, but not console compatible. I've heard great things of the T500, then there's the King TGT which might be great but is overpriced IMO.

Any chance you'd be willing to see if Paypal can arrange an exchange for another CSL?

Paypal have told me now not to communicate with Endor/Fanatec. So I can't do that now I guess. For your wheel problem, since you are in Australia, and therefore you would have used Paypal, maybe you should contact them? Doing so might highlight to Endor that support isn't something that should be ignored. I suspect their CEO presumes that their product is fine and hence their budget for support is quite restricted. Paypal issues related to poor support and poor quality might bring it home to their finance guys that support is important.

Just to put my 2 cents into it - when I needed support for my old Fanatec wheel, the turnaround for replies to my emails was about 2 days or so - I think it's the time zone differences that contribute to the delay. I patiently awaited their replies to my questions and got it sorted out eventually. These guys are half way around the world so I didn't expect immediate responses, same with support from the US.

This is the exact same frustration I am also experiencing. Not very good for my first experience with Fanatec. Their after sales service/supportnis basically rubbish

I am still awaiting a reply to my email I sent off yest morning at 6.30. I sent another one this morning asking them to get back to me by close of business today Sydney time before I escalate this issue. I understand that they are halfway around the world as GT_Fan pointed out but in any case 24hrs is ample time for a business to reply to an email. Besides, that’s not my problem. ImThey are selling here in Australia and taking my money so they need to provide a service here in Australia and accomodate to our Timezone if that’s what they have to do.

I’m going to wait till this arvo and then I’m going to try direct messaging my disappointment through their FB page before I raise a dispute with PayPal as you have.

Wow, I never had problems with customer services from Fanatec, but after reading this last few posts I’m starting to believe the horror stories you read online.
That’s really bad because Fanatec make some nice toys for racing

Wow, I never had problems with customer services from Fanatec, but after reading this last few posts I’m starting to believe the horror stories you read online.

It really is a shame.
I was SO excited having finally saved up enough to be able to upgrade to Fanatec. Only to find that they really don’t give a crap once they have the sale. I’m at the point now where I don’t even want my faulty wheel replaced. I just want a refund and start saving again for a DD wheel system that’s NOT Fanatec and just hope and pray that my Elite base and PS4 Wheel doesn’t break down in the meantime because I definitely will not be hnding any more of money over to Fanatec.

During the upgrade process I remember explaining to my wife that Fanatec is the iPhone of SimRacing. Like they’re arguably the best in the field. HOW wrong I was!! Whenever I’ve had an iPhone issue, I’ve walked into an Apple store thinking I’ll get my phone fixed but I have walked out with a brand new phone. Just last month my mum’s battery in her 3yr old iPhone6 just completely died. Well and truly out of warranty. We walked into the store to get a new battery installed and walked with a brand replacement phone without having to pay a cent!!

Fanatec could really learn a LOT from a company like Apple if they really want to become industry leaders.

Well DrOrzy my wife had a microphone problem with her iPhone and it was still under warranty. Apple wanted I think $780 for her to get a replacement. They said the microphone broke because the phone was dropped. I happened to have the same phone at home for her which I was going to give my mother - my wife uses that one now. The cost of a 3rd party fixing my wife's phone was $130. So my experience with Apple has been that they are quite willing to over charge you. I have a lot of Apple gear but I reckon there's some luck going on with them. The fact that phones break when you drop them should be the makers responsibility IMO - they are mobile devices, having them break after a fall is worse than planned obsolescence. Apple's pricing is pretty weird too - to get a phone card into an iWatch is $Au50 extra, but if the sim is in a iPad, its $200 extra. The parts are probably worth around $Au2.00.

The sad thing for me is that the Fanatec product - even the Elite - has lots of tech I like. I like the wheel. I like the pedals (V3 ones with the tuning kit). I like the wheelbase's lights. Its also well priced IMO, compared to Thrustmaster's R-GT setup, which doesn't have lights, has a smaller wheel which is heavier, has a conical rubber cone for brake pedal pressure, and to get the lights that the Elite has, its costs another $Au200 plus dollars for a bluetooth device that is battery powered (although that also shows you speed and gear) - but that info is already there I think on the Elite with the nice (IMO) and light PS4 Elite wheel.

But its worthless if it doesn't work. And worse, if their support is super slow - what happens if the replacement is also faulty? Another number of weeks of bull dust from Fanatec/Endor? Sheesh - I have been an agent and put in production lines - support is just so easy. Heck Fanatec could appoint someone in their warehouse in Australia to have some authority, and that person could ring people and give them some timing on getting gear replaced. That service would cost hardly anything to do. Or have a help desk service in India. That would be cheap. Forget China though - unless there was someone there who was fluent in English. Their time zone is close to the East coast of Australia - and support from the manufacturing site would improve quality. A problem with Chinese (please forgive my generalisation but I have dealt with Taiwanese and Chinese business people for decades) - Chinese business people don't want to admit something is either wrong, or admit that they cannot get the problem fixed - that issue is to do with "Loosing Face". You need someone in China who is customer based and factual in order to deal with people that have a problem. And then who can report to the boss that there are quality issues going on.

Last edited:
Well DrOrzy my wife had a microphone problem with her iPhone and it was still under warranty. Apple wanted I think $780 for her to get a replacement. They said the microphone broke because the phone was dropped. I happened to have the same phone at home for her which I was going to give my mother - my wife uses that one now. The cost of a 3rd party fixing my wife's phone was $130. So my experience with Apple has been that they are quite willing to over charge you. I have a lot of Apple gear but I reckon there's some luck going on with them. The fact that phones break when you drop them should be the makers responsibility IMO - they are mobile devices, having them break after a fall is worse than planned obsolescence. Apple's pricing is pretty weird too - to get a phone card into an iWatch is $Au50 extra, but if the sim is in a iPad, its $200 extra. The parts are probably worth around $Au2.00.

The sad thing for me is that the Fanatec product - even the Elite - has lots of tech I like. I like the wheel. I like the pedals (V3 ones with the tuning kit). I like the wheelbase's lights. Its also well priced IMO, compared to Thrustmaster's R-GT setup, which doesn't have lights, has a smaller wheel which is heavier, has a conical rubber cone for brake pedal pressure, and to get the lights that the Elite has, its costs another $Au200 plus dollars for a bluetooth device that is battery powered (although that also shows you speed and gear) - but that info is already there I think on the Elite with the nice (IMO) and light PS4 Elite wheel.

But its worthless if it doesn't work. And worse, if their support is super slow - what happens if the replacement is also faulty? Another number of weeks of bull dust from Fanatec/Endor? Sheesh - I have been an agent and put in production lines - support is just so easy. Heck Fanatec could appoint someone in their warehouse in Australia to have some authority, and that person could ring people and give them some timing on getting gear replaced. That service would cost hardly anything to do. Or have a help desk service in India. That would be cheap. Forget China though - unless there was someone there who was fluent in English. Their time zone is close to the East coast of Australia - and support from the manufacturing site would improve quality. A problem with Chinese (please forgive my generalisation but I have dealt with Taiwanese and Chinese business people for decades - Chinese don't want to admit something is either wrong, or admit that they cannot get the problem fixed. You need someone who is customer based and factual to deal with people that have a problem.

I guess when it comes to apple I have been lucky. I have walked in an Apple store 3 times now with a fault and walked out with a brand replacement each time.

I wish I was just 10% as lucky with Fanatec. I also really love the product (the parts that are working) The elite pedals with the LC are awesome. I love that I can put the brake pedal on the far left F1 style and at I later stage if I do wish I can remove each pedal completely and mount them to my rig however I want.
You know TBH, when I realised the wheel I bought was DOA sure I was disappointed but i really wasn’t worried or didn’t even think it would become such an issue. WOW, was I wrong!

You are 100 percent correct. They need someone based here in Australia to take these type of calls and handle these issues or at the very least a very well English speaking representative over there who is available in our business hours.

A story on Chinese manufacturing:
Well on the Taiwanese - who IMO make much more reliable goods that do Mainland China - I had a metal tower with machinery on it, to be sent to Australia. I insisted on high tensile steel bolts (the tower being bolted together in Australia). Because Australian tradesmen don't use torque wrenches to put general machinery together, and hence they'd likely strip bolts or snap break them due to over-tightening. And then they'd declare the tower is crap because if the bolts are soft enough to break, an Ozzie tradesman would blame the whole machinery (tower etc.) and tell the owner of the business that it was all Chinese crap. So the tradesman would then say the tower is no good (which is wrong but that is a fact with careless Ozzy work fast tradesmen).

So I've always been careful to ensure quality in the assembly components.

A person who I knew really well and I regard as a friend in Taiwan, she simply would not assure me about getting those hi-tensile bolts. So, no assurance, mean't basically "No" I concluded after a series of emails and even telephone calls. It turned out that the factory would just go down to the local hardware supplier, and grab some bolts. And what was available just depended on the hardware store's current stock. That is not a quality view and its tough to get around such things when that is the culture. Likely Fanatec have many such issues. Probably the factory is blaming transport issues, while their supply of circuit boards or chips that communicate with the wheel or with the PS4 - the quality of those might be quite irregular due to them being made by various other companies. In China they outsource all the time. And the factory in China would be assuring Germany that everything is top quality.

I know some companies in Taiwan who make machinery in both Taiwan and in China. They get all the electronics made in Taiwan, and have the metalwork etc made in China. They don't think the Chinese can do electrics properly or like the Taiwanese can.

Last edited:
Oh dear.

I seriously considering taking the next step up, and was on the Fanatec website yesterday speccing out the PS4 CSL Elite with the loadcell pedals. I was just about to pull the trigger, but I thought I'd see what you guys say first. Needless to say, having read the last few pages of this thread, I've decided to put this idea on hold and stick with my G29 for the time being.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues guys. I'm in touch with DrOrzy privately, @Melbourne Park could you please send me a PM with your name and order number so I can follow up on this too?
I notice that Fanatec does not offer re-furbished items. Which makes me think that some repaired items are repaired and then are sold as brand new. Which is why I think my product did not work - because the repairer likely fixed something which was returned from someone else in Australia, but the Australian repairer did not check it on a PS4.
I'd like to point out that this is not true - we don't sell refurbished items as new.

I know the TSPC from personal experience is a fantastic wheel, but not console compatible. I've heard great things of the T500, then there's the King TGT which might be great but is overpriced IMO.

Any chance you'd be willing to see if Paypal can arrange an exchange for another CSL?
Of course. I think its their right to replace it. Such things happen. But Endor won't contact me. Maybe Paypal can wake Endor up. Perhaps too Endor are on holiday or something. But they're telephone service doesn't say so.

But I don't want to wait a long time. I waited an extra week for the V3 tuning kit. Which was claimed to have been sent with the other three items - the LC pedals, the V3 pedals, the Elite wheelbase and wheel for the PS4.

But I could go and buy the T-GT this afternoon - I am tempted to actually. Then I can go racing.

I bought a Gimx device a few weeks ago too, and it would have allowed me to use the G27 Logitech on the PS4 via the PC interface (which I purchased). But its not yet arrived!!!

Another temptation is to buy a DriveHub. Or a G29. But the Drivehub would allow my G27 to work, and I could keep the Clubsport V3 pedals which I bought with the Elite PS4 bundle. But the V3s look pretty good to me. But the support issue makes me somewhat ill.

If I order the Drivehub today, it would be 7 working days ... that means next Tuesday week most likely. Or 12 days in all. I feel more like buying something to at least get me going ... I have the rowing machine, the excercise bike, but its the Sim I want to at last use.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your issues guys. I'm in touch with DrOrzy privately, @Melbourne Park could you please send me a PM with your name and order number so I can follow up on this too?

I'd like to point out that this is not true - we don't sell refurbished items as new.

I have replied to you with my details.

Thanks for contacting me via this website.

I should say though, that Paypal have instructed me to only speak via them.

As far as refurbished goes - I don't really know the definition of refurbished. I consider my wheelbase and wheel as new, because they haven't been used. If my wheel is thrown away, what a waste of resources due to what seems to me to be a very lack of quality assurance. My wheelbase had what I presumed was a green quality approved label on rear, when facing the rear of the wheelbase where the cables attach, the label is on the left upper side of the rear.

I presume my wheel's issue is that something is broken in it that is is preventing handshaking on the PS4 platform. As the wheel is being seen by the Fanatec software loaded onto a PC.

Last edited:
QUESTION:
=======
What is it for, CSL Elite PS4 yellow mode? (CSW 2.0 mode) What's the use of it?

And...

How do we update CSW 2.0 Base Firmware??

Of course. I think its their right to replace it. Such things happen. But Endor won't contact me. Maybe Paypal can wake Endor up. Perhaps too Endor are on holiday or something. But they're telephone service doesn't say so.

But I don't want to wait a long time. I waited an extra week for the V3 tuning kit. Which was claimed to have been sent with the other three items - the LC pedals, the V3 pedals, the Elite wheelbase and wheel for the PS4.

But I could go and buy the T-GT this afternoon - I am tempted to actually. Then I can go racing.

I bought a Gimx device a few weeks ago too, and it would have allowed me to use the G27 Logitech on the PS4 via the PC interface (which I purchased). But its not yet arrived!!!

Another temptation is to buy a DriveHub. Or a G29. But the Drivehub would allow my G27 to work, and I could keep the Clubsport V3 pedals which I bought with the Elite PS4 bundle. But the V3s look pretty good to me. But the support issue makes me somewhat ill.

If I order the Drivehub today, it would be 7 working days ... that means next Tuesday week most likely. Or 12 days in all. I feel more like buying something to at least get me going ... I have the rowing machine, the excercise bike, but its the Sim I want to at last use.

Look if you’re not really fussed with the wheel as much and just want to use the V3’s with your G29 all you need is a Basherboards CPX adaptor. I used to use that with my T300 and an old set of CSR Elite Loadcell pedals which worked seemlessly. It also has the abs and gain controller on it like the BRF setting on Fanatec Wheel. I assume the ABS might be for the vibration motor in V3 brake pedal, not sure.

I might have it available soon. I just want to make sure that everything is % sweet and I’m happy with my current Fanatec stuff before I part ways with it.

———————-

On the faulty GT3 wheel front, I finally got an email back yest from another Support team member who has now taken over my case and seems like he actually knows how to speak to people and help find a solution. First of all he informed me that if I send my wheel back, it will be going back to the Australian warehouse where a technician with check it out and if it is found to be faulty they would obviously replace it. Which is pretty much exactly what I would have expected the response to be after my very first email. So, it seems like it’s a bit of hit and miss going through the online system with Fanatec. Seems like all I have achieved with the first bloke was to waste an entire week l....now that I am in contact with someone who actually wants to help I’ve finally got half a chance of sorting it out!
I’m just waiting for him to get back to me with the RMA process and sending the wheel to the local technician..... I’ll let you know how it progress’.

I have had absolutely zero issues working with Fanatec customer support. 99% of the time the customer is the problem in the customer service equation...

... First of all he informed me that if I send my wheel back, it will be going back to the Australian warehouse where a technician with check it out and if it is found to be faulty they would obviously replace it. Which is pretty much exactly what I would have expected the response to be after my very first email. ...

Yes please keep me informed. It seems like you'll eventually get your wheel. I wonder what sort of quality assurance they have in China? I suspect they just power it up and turn it off. That's not enough it seems to me.

The servicing would not be done at the warehouse IMO. They'd ship it to a service company IMO, if they had a shop as their outlet then we'd likely know about it. A shop could have a store and a service area, but for the limited goods they sell and their lack of components, I reckon they use a big warehouse and have a contract for service with someone.

Back