Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
And the Elite wheel's plastic "D" pad has failed on the wheel ... its been quite a list of failures for me ... hardly used the "D" pad too, its extremely flimsy, from my experience its not fit for purpose.

I can't agree enough with you on that..... The "D" stick was broken on my Xbox P1 rim after literally 2 min. after removing it from the box 20 min after it was delivered. I took it out of the box and was verifying that everything was working, started PC2 on the xbox, hopped the curb on turn 1 to check the ffb and boom, stick becomes limp and the stupid menu just starts scrolling uncontrollably. It ended up being a little rubber gasket they sent me to shove in the crevice and has been fine ever since. The stick is starting to get really loose on the ps P1 elite wheel now.
It's weird really when I think about it, I absolutely love my csl elite ps with the elite p1 rim for ps the p1 rim for xbox, McLaren gt3 rim, csl lc peddles and the club sport shifter. The strength and smoothness is unmatched by anything not DD in my opinion, and the fact that since I can run a usb switch to connect at the same time to the ps4, xbox 1x, and the pc without ever having to get out of my race rig by just hitting the mode button on the base is worth every penny and no one else on the market can do that.
With all that said, the fact its weird is since arriving at my doorstep in early April (6 weeks after I ordered and paid) Ive had to contact Fanatec 3 different times for problems that you would only expect from the cheapest of cheap.... The "D" stick after 2 minutes of play, base starting to overheat after 5 min of turning it on, peddles constantly acting buggy, on and on and on. Any other electronic I've ever had if there was that many problems I would have returned it immediately and proclaimed it crap, but not this... Honestly I can't tell myself why either, its like that money grubbing lying cheating girl you hate but dang if you can't get away from the voo doo poonanny lol. Ive spent way more time trying to get something on the setup to work the way it should than I have actually raced.

It's time I upgrade my old CSR Elite.
I'm pretty sure Fanatec will continue with their yearly black Friday offers, we'll see if a CSL is in my future.

Btw, the guys with Feel VR have already app for their wheel, even before it is released and even have AR to show the wheel on your desk!;) LoL

Well, okay, I've got CSL base.

I switched from g27 (2011-2018) so here're some first impressions

Smooth in some cases - especially when it clips FFB :D
I thought it would be stronger. I ran with setting 16.5 FFB strength in iRacing with G27 on clipping threshold. CSL barely handles setting 10. On the other hand, you don't feel it be that weaker. Just numbers. When the clipping occurs I'm sure many are delighted with CSL's smoothness, but actually, it's not the point to be happy about. It's just the base went blind.

It's damn noisy! OMG i didn't expect that much. G27 way quieter. It happens because of a cooling fan inside. Maybe a cheap one. I don't know.

FFB effects are pretty nice indeed. Curbs and so on. Soft effect. Not hitting in a wheel like 27 does.

Centre zone rattling. It drives me mad actually. I already hate it. It is loose. Feels like an empty bucket with some bolt inside. Disappointing. Especially when FFB is set to a higher value.

So I met a choice - strong and pleasant FFB, centre zone rattling, clipping on the one hand
Low rattling, low clipping low FFB on the other. Hm... A bit frustrated yet. Need more testing.

Last edited:
Fanatec emailed me about me not sending them a video - so re-sent a video and I sent an email. Two days ago, but no response yet. I asked if they received my emails and they have not responded to that.

So I am now quite annoyed.

- the delivery was not as promised, due to several days holding due to the Clubsport tuning kit for the V3 pedals (which was in stock) delaying the rest of the shipment's arrival at my home.
- the wheel came without an attachment nut;
- there were two "O"rings on the wheel which may have effected the electrical contacts;
- the USB cable for the Clubsport pedals was half the length of the USB cable supplied with the Elite two pedal set;
- the USB Cable for the Clubsport pedals did not work and caused me to unpack the LC pedals which I had wanted to sell as new, when I bought a DD wheel (Fanatec have said they would replace the pedals too due to the following next failure)
- a lock nut on the bolt on the two pedal set locked the nut solid half way through dis-assembling the LC pedals as I began the process to put them back in their box once I had got the V3 Clubsport pedals working, resultant due to substituting an operating (from the LC pedals) USB cable instead of the faulty (Fanatec supplied) USB cable;
- the "D" toggle pad on the Elite PS4 wheel has failed
- the Elite wheel doesn't always function alongside a Sony PS4 hand controller
- Turning the wheel on occasions the view switches from straight ahead to a sideways view and sometimes for a split second a rearwards view. My hands are fixed on the wheel and I presume the broken "D" pad is having an electrical contact somewhere caused the random non front views (which does cause one to crash actually and i wasn't able to even get out of it)
- the wheel rim's Alcantra velour finish on the top left side of the rim is pilling. The right hand side of the upper rim's velour has not pilled.
- the Elite wheel also sometimes drives under the "5.1" mode on the digital display at the top of the wheel rim
- the lights on the wheel base and the wheel rim display do not function when playing Gran Turismo Sport under the blue full compatibility mode (which is somewhat bazaar as the wheel ships with buttons for I think Grand Turismo Sport and certainly for the PS4) - I presume the developers of GT Sport will fix this deficiency but there's not much point buying something with features that do not work on the most popular racing game on the PS4.
- I will have to ring Germany again to get an answer I suppose.

I don't think the wheel is up to the task. The "D" pad is part of the wheel, its failed almost straight away, and a "D" toggle pad is critical to using the GT Sport game. Sony know how to make a "D" pad toggle (I think its called), and their hand controller is extremely light, has two D pad control devices, four switches and some buttons etc etc but they are reliable. How come Fanatec cannot make a reliable toggle "D" pad on their Elite wheels? I suspect the "D" pad toggle is something one would play with many times per lap. its not something that should be toy built. its something that needs to be reliable.

I think I need to get a better quality wheel, but then, the better quality wheels are heavy - 60% greater in weight. 1.6kg versus 1.0kg. The extra mass puts less feel into one's hands, and more stress on the least powerful of Fanatec's wheelbase motors. Into a product that from my experience seems to me to have poor quality controls and severe design issues.

I feel that I have had enough of this.

I will try to speak to Germany tonight. I wonder if I had just bought the other brand's top product, perhaps I'd have had some fun. And with a retail outlet to speak to, I would have had no delays in getting things fixed I presume. But I now cannot foresee any fun from a wheel that is so compromised. From looking at the weight differentials, I presume the heavier Clubsport wheels are heavier because they are better built.

Last edited:
@RA1784 this is not in our near-term plans, but your feedback has been noted.

You guys should just ensure your program runs under Winebottler.

https://winebottler.kronenberg.org/...vdHRsZXIua3JvbmVuYmVyZy5vcmcvY29tYm8vYnVpbGRz

Wine bottler is a free (they ask for a donation though) app which can run a Win app native in Mac OS. So all Fanatec has to do is check out that their software does work in that environment. Then a Mac user would not have to buy Windows and install it one their Mac. Instead, just run the Fanatec App via Winebottler.

Heck I should see if the Fanatec Win App works on one of my Macs under the Winebottler app. If it does I'll let you guys know. Not sure when I'll try it ... I'd better hurry because I may not be a Fanatec user after all my tribulations.

@Melbourne Park Thanks for your posts. Firstly on the Winebottler, this is not the kind of solution we would want to rely on. If we were to support the Mac, it would be done with proper Mac drivers.

As for your feedback on your experience with our products so far, I understand that you have received some contact today from the support team, so I don't want to overlap their responses too much by going through all of the points you mentioned, but here are a few things I can respond to:

"the Elite wheel doesn't always function alongside a Sony PS4 hand controller"

- this could be game specific and/or a quirk of the controller/user management system on the PS4 and might not be something that can be changed on our end. If you could describe specific scenarios when that happens, perhaps we (or other users) could tell you whether this behaviour is normal.

"the Elite wheel also sometimes drives under the "5.1" mode on the digital display at the top of the wheel rim"

- I think you are referring to 'S_1', which is the first of 5 'setup' slots of the Tuning Menu. So if that is displaying, you may have accidentally pressed the Tuning Menu button on the wheel.

"the lights on the wheel base and the wheel rim display do not function when playing Gran Turismo Sport under the blue full compatibility mode (which is somewhat bazaar as the wheel ships with buttons for I think Grand Turismo Sport and certainly for the PS4) - I presume the developers of GT Sport will fix this deficiency but there's not much point buying something with features that do not work on the most popular racing game on the PS4."

- The lights were not specifically designed for GT Sport, the CSL Elite system is general sim racing equipment and these lights are functional on many games across multiple platforms. They are activated via our SDK, which the developer has to implement into their game. We encourage all developers to make full use of the SDK, but at this stage Polyphony Digital have not enabled this feature in GT Sport. We are hopeful that this will come in a future update from them.

"the lights on the wheel base and the wheel rim display do not function when playing Gran Turismo Sport under the blue full compatibility mode (which is somewhat bazaar as the wheel ships with buttons for I think Grand Turismo Sport and certainly for the PS4) - I presume the developers of GT Sport will fix this deficiency but there's not much point buying something with features that do not work on the most popular racing game on the PS4."

- The lights were not specifically designed for GT Sport, the CSL Elite system is general sim racing equipment and these lights are functional on many games across multiple platforms. They are activated via our SDK, which the developer has to implement into their game. We encourage all developers to make full use of the SDK, but at this stage Polyphony Digital have not enabled this feature in GT Sport. We are hopeful that this will come in a future update from them.

I’ve been curious about this myself, in purple (compatibility) mode the lights work just fine on GT Sport, but not in blue mode. I’ve read something about the csl is in a g29 piggyback or something like that but don’t remember exactly so don’t quote me. If in blue mode PD hasn’t implemented your sdk as the reason for not functioning, but they obviously work in purple mode, is it just me or is it very possible that PD is purposely sitting on their hands here? Seriously it took almost a year just to get blue mode to halfway work and it’s still a toss up if everything will make it threw the entire race or not. I agree 100% with everyone about something needing to be done about serious lack of customer service needs but I’m really starting to put as much blame on PD for all the in game issues as Fanatec.

When I talk about customer service, I’m talking about more than just the 3-7 days it takes to receive any type of reply, I’m talking about the delivery catch 22 Fanatec has on everyone. The customer accepts responsibility for the merchandise as is once they accept delivery but there is no way to check functionality without accepting delivery! I received a broken D pad out of the box and was told that I could file a claim with the shipping company since I paid for the insurance but Fanatec would only ship out the replacement part or give me a refund once the wheel was returned and inspected for “improper use”...

I’ve been curious about this myself, in purple (compatibility) mode the lights work just fine on GT Sport, but not in blue mode. I’ve read something about the csl is in a g29 piggyback or something like that but don’t remember exactly so don’t quote me. If in blue mode PD hasn’t implemented your sdk as the reason for not functioning, but they obviously work in purple mode, is it just me or is it very possible that PD is purposely sitting on their hands here? Seriously it took almost a year just to get blue mode to halfway work and it’s still a toss up if everything will make it threw the entire race or not. I agree 100% with everyone about something needing to be done about serious lack of customer service needs but I’m really starting to put as much blame on PD for all the in game issues as Fanatec.

When I talk about customer service, I’m talking about more than just the 3-7 days it takes to receive any type of reply, I’m talking about the delivery catch 22 Fanatec has on everyone. The customer accepts responsibility for the merchandise as is once they accept delivery but there is no way to check functionality without accepting delivery! I received a broken D pad out of the box and was told that I could file a claim with the shipping company since I paid for the insurance but Fanatec would only ship out the replacement part or give me a refund once the wheel was returned and inspected for “improper use”...

Special for the courier/delivery thing - you need to watch out only for the boxes to be in normal shape and not damaged in the shipping process.You are responsible to accept it only if they are ok. What is inside and in what condition - like faulty etc if the boxes are ok outside - this is not your problem. There can be so many hidden problems, so opening for decision to accept delivery or not is not real help. The delivery guy will not give you few hours to mount it on the rig and to test it in some games:) So, if you found some defects and something is not working - Fanatec needs to replace it or service it. This is for every company. To reject warranty replacement or service is very serious thing and very rare move tbh, but they need to have it like option - some people don`t care for their stuff and damage it or some accidents are not covered in warranty like falling to the floor, floating, fire etc.. Even Toshiba`s "No matter what" warranty have conditions!:)
Oh, and for faulty stuff out of the box - it must be replaced right away! Obviously investigation for improper use here don`t make sense.
Btw, the D-pad mini joystick works fine - you just had bad luck to jump on a defective one I think!.

Special for the courier/delivery thing - you need to watch out only for the boxes to be in normal shape and not damaged in the shipping process.You are responsible to accept it only if they are ok. What is inside and in what condition - like faulty etc if the boxes are ok outside - this is not your problem. There can be so many hidden problems, so opening for decision to accept delivery or not is not real help. The delivery guy will not give you few hours to mount it on the rig and to test it in some games:) So, if you found some defects and something is not working - Fanatec needs to replace it or service it. This is for every company. To reject warranty replacement or service is very serious thing and very rare move tbh, but they need to have it like option - some people don`t care for their stuff and damage it or some accidents are not covered in warranty like falling to the floor, floating, fire etc.. Even Toshiba`s "No matter what" warranty have conditions!:)
Oh, and for faulty stuff out of the box - it must be replaced right away! Obviously investigation for improper use here don`t make sense.
Btw, the D-pad mini joystick works fine - you just had bad luck to jump on a defective one I think!.

I’m aware I landed on a faulty one as one wheel worked great the other not so much, and with a lot of research while I was waiting for 7 days to hear from Fanatec I found lots of people had the same issue. Your comment of every company has to honor their warranty, absolutely they do how ever companies have the small print that covers their selves from any legal obligations. I have attached the shipping info from their web site to show what I’m talking about.
14 days from receipt to be in their warehouse, any US purchaser on here can verify it is a minimum 5 days transit using express delivery due to customs and tariffs regulations. It took 6 days to receive a initial response with instructions of what to do, another 4 days to receive a follow up response to the video they requested, and then almost 2 weeks before I received the “fix”. That’s 24 days, 10 days if you don’t count the waiting for replacement part which still would not leave me with enough time for return in 14 day window even if I paid several 100 dollars for express shipping that would not be refunded. I promise you I didn’t make any of this up nor am I an idiot that doesn’t understand simple instructions.

Attachments

• 438725CD-4E13-418C-950E-5A056A1711C8.jpeg
    438725CD-4E13-418C-950E-5A056A1711C8.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 32
  • BA52695E-EA35-452D-B57A-92316B1556F0.jpeg
    BA52695E-EA35-452D-B57A-92316B1556F0.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 31
I’m aware I landed on a faulty one as one wheel worked great the other not so much, and with a lot of research while I was waiting for 7 days to hear from Fanatec I found lots of people had the same issue. Your comment of every company has to honor their warranty, absolutely they do how ever companies have the small print that covers their selves from any legal obligations. I have attached the shipping info from their web site to show what I’m talking about.
14 days from receipt to be in their warehouse, any US purchaser on here can verify it is a minimum 5 days transit using express delivery due to customs and tariffs regulations. It took 6 days to receive a initial response with instructions of what to do, another 4 days to receive a follow up response to the video they requested, and then almost 2 weeks before I received the “fix”. That’s 24 days, 10 days if you don’t count the waiting for replacement part which still would not leave me with enough time for return in 14 day window even if I paid several 100 dollars for express shipping that would not be refunded. I promise you I didn’t make any of this up nor am I an idiot that doesn’t understand simple instructions.

For the 14 days period - it starts counting when you sign on delivery and continues to the moment you ship back - otherwise will be impossible to fit in as you said. This 14 days period can`t include shipping time to you and back. I understand you are a bit frustrated now, but Fanatec is serious company from Germany...they will fix what needed don`t worry... ofcourse waiting time for replacement or service can be spent driving , but sometimes happens! For the waiting for response - my personal opinion is that every serious company when charge real money need to cover at least 48 hours period of response i and this is ,because when you have problem you are affected and to wait 7-10 days for response this escalade the problems even more...and also life is short - I will not live like Madagascar Turtle 300 years;)
The good thing is that as I said Fanatec is serious company with name - so don`t worry everything will finish well!;)

PS:
My current record holder for waiting for response is Logitech - over 2 months!;) It happens once with Thrustmaster - over a month!:)

This is my first post but have read almost all the way through this thread. I want to start off by saying I love my CSL Elite PS 4 wheel and base. I also ordered the XBox1 wheel and V3 inverted pedals, ClubSport shifter, ClubSport E-brake, and also the extra damper kit for the gas pedal on my V3’s. I orders back in May and didn’t get everything installed and checked until middle of June because of having to modify my rig. I mainly just play GT Sport and couldn’t be happier with how great the wheel and pedals and everything else works. I came from a g27 and wow!!!! what a difference. I also love how I can switch between Xbox and PlayStation just by switching wheels. That was the main selling point for me to pull the trigger and spend 1600$ on a wheel kit. My question is should I update everything when a new update comes out???I haven’t done an update since June. I have read the horror stories on here and hate to hear so many are having trouble. I just don’t want to screw mine up in any way. I also noticed that my E-Brake doesn’t work with GT Sport. Has anyone else had this trouble??? Thanks for any help in advance and sorry for the long story. Just wanted everyone to hang in there. When you get it sorted out, you will not be disappointed. Thanks

This is my first post but have read almost all the way through this thread. I want to start off by saying I love my CSL Elite PS 4 wheel and base. I also ordered the XBox1 wheel and V3 inverted pedals, ClubSport shifter, ClubSport E-brake, and also the extra damper kit for the gas pedal on my V3’s. I orders back in May and didn’t get everything installed and checked until middle of June because of having to modify my rig. I mainly just play GT Sport and couldn’t be happier with how great the wheel and pedals and everything else works. I came from a g27 and wow!!!! what a difference. I also love how I can switch between Xbox and PlayStation just by switching wheels. That was the main selling point for me to pull the trigger and spend 1600$ on a wheel kit. My question is should I update everything when a new update comes out???I haven’t done an update since June. I have read the horror stories on here and hate to hear so many are having trouble. I just don’t want to screw mine up in any way. I also noticed that my E-Brake doesn’t work with GT Sport. Has anyone else had this trouble??? Thanks for any help in advance and sorry for the long story. Just wanted everyone to hang in there. When you get it sorted out, you will not be disappointed. Thanks
What you mean by updating? The firmware?
And even better from switching wheels is to press only mode button;) CSL Elite PS4 base + P1 Elite rim here!;) This is OMG magical combo!:)

Krassi yes that is what I meant. Update the firmware. Are you saying I don’t have to switch wheels. I can use the PS4 wheel for the XBox1?
For the firmware - update with the latest official one. I will not recommend to use beta firmwares - sometimes , something is buggy there.
To use CSL Elite PS4 base with both consoles without changing the rims - you need to have the XB1 compatible rim mounted on it. You can choose from P1 rim, P1 Elite rim, Mc Laren GT3 rim and Xbox Universal hub. With any of those mounted on your CSL Elite PS4 base - you need only to press mode button for blue for PS4 and for Green for XB1 for the consoles use and red for PC use;)

@Melbourne Park Thanks for your posts. Firstly on the Winebottler, this is not the kind of solution we would want to rely on. If we were to support the Mac, it would be done with proper Mac drivers.

Well I tried Winebottler on a MacBook Pro 15" 2017 with 16 GB 2133 Mhz 500GB with a separate graphics card and running the latest Mac OS High Sierra. The 16 bit 311 software would not work under wine bottler. I then tried the 32 bit software - and wine bottler expanded the downloaded file, and then the Fanatec window came up - and then it proceeded to install an app. But then I couldn't get that new app to work. Although I did not try that with the wheelbase attached via USB. Maybe I will try that just to see if the Winebottler works. I might try it also on just plain Sierra OS. Haven't got the time right now though. I reckon it still might work.

There are people out there asking you for Mac support - that means Fanatec are forgoing sales because there are people out there who do not run Win. Maybe get someone to develop for that environment, and your sales will increase. In Australia a license for Win10 home costs about $100, and Win 10 takes up space. And when one is a Mac user, the Win 10 environment seems unfriendly. If your battling with a wheelbase issue, you don't want to add on top of all that someone who hates the Win OS which also has cost extra money and also taken up disk space which can be valuable on a notebook. Apple notebook sales are 10% of the whole notebook market, and Apple also focus's in the USA and Australia on education markets. So youth often uses Apple notebooks. If Fanatec are interested in wealthy youth - it may pay to get someone to write a Mac OS app.

Regarding Support:
I am talking via emails to support in Germany, and they are pretty prompt, and they seem willing to assist me, and they have also assisted me quite a bit. And I don't think the issues lie with support - Fanatec needs to put a good home base engineer who understands quality control, and have him/her in the factory in China. IMO.

My son is 26 now and is almost a Project Manager. He's a contract administrator now, but he is managing a 300 million dollar twin tower in the Melbourne CBD. His previous job was building a vertical school, the first one in Melbourne, in South Melbourne, it is 5 stories high and has sports grounds and such on several of the levels. The building won a design award and was actually designed in Berlin. The builder had major issues with the external glass - which was unique for each pane of glass, and each one was made and framed in China. While there was nothing much wrong with the glass panes and frames - they came in many many containers and all were totally out of order, and were difficult to identify. The whole thing was a nightmare and considering the building was built in only 11 months, the time delays were a critical damage caused by the Chinese attitude - it was almost a deadline disaster. What that building company is now doing and this is the business model nowadays for Australian companies having custom stuff made in China for consumption in Australia - they now put a couple of Australian people into the factory in China, and then they have no issues.

IMO Fanatec cannot be going about the Chinese operation the best way, because they are having glitches in what I believe would be a good product if it was made in Germany.

As to the "D" toggle on the Elite wheel - it looks extremely fragile to me. But if Fanatec have an "o" ring fix - then why is that not shipped either in the box, or sent in an envelope along with the delivery? There is one warehouse in Australia - then get the worker there to sticky tape an envelope with an "O" ring inside the envelope it and some instructions on how to attach it - before the "D" pad fails. There is an invoice and delivery docket stuck onto the box. Get them to sticky tape an extra envelope that contains the "O" ring and an instruction sheet. This is not rocket science! That might cost a store man an hour of work to do all the boxes in stock. But how much money in deliveries, pain in support staff, and frustration and disappointment in customers will occur due to not getting "O" rings delivered?

I've come from manufacturing and I re-cycled 30 odd years ago 50 tonnes of plastic waste into high quality plastic films. Up to 6 metres wide. Due to inconsistencies in the plastic, I put in a rigorous quality assurance program, which cost nothing to operate, and it mean't we never had any quality issues. Only once did a customer complain that their film was not 200 micron thick. I drove into country Victoria - and I would have flown to Perth probably - it turned out the product was 180 micron - and it was labelled and sold as 180 micron film. So there was nothing wrong from our end. All due to a QC program.

For this sort of gear, quality is where its at. Because this is a game environment, and people want to play the game, and things need to work easily and reliably. Fanatec's vision is there, their product is there too. But the QC side of things would save them a fortune and also benefit their reputation and hence their growth and profitability.

Pay a bit more now for quality assurance and Fanatec will reap the benefits 1,000 times over IMO. The Japanese have shown too that a quality attitude across all the staff ends up lowering production costs, increasing productivity, and provides much higher profits, and hey, your company gets a gold standard reputation and hence a gold stand Brand.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Fix the problem before it leaves the factory guys. And if there is a fix post manufacturing available - get it to the customer b4 the customer complains.

Apologies for the over long post ...

Last edited:
For the 14 days period - it starts counting when you sign on delivery and continues to the moment you ship back - otherwise will be impossible to fit in as you said. This 14 days period can`t include shipping time to you and back. I understand you are a bit frustrated now, but Fanatec is serious company from Germany...they will fix what needed don`t worry... ofcourse waiting time for replacement or service can be spent driving , but sometimes happens! For the waiting for response - my personal opinion is that every serious company when charge real money need to cover at least 48 hours period of response i and this is ,because when you have problem you are affected and to wait 7-10 days for response this escalade the problems even more...and also life is short - I will not live like Madagascar Turtle 300 years;)
The good thing is that as I said Fanatec is serious company with name - so don`t worry everything will finish well!;)

PS:
My current record holder for waiting for response is Logitech - over 2 months!;) It happens once with Thrustmaster - over a month!:)

I believe your confused about my original post you quoted. This all happened back in April when I got the wheel. And yes Fanatec is a great company and I don’t plan to switch anytime soon, but let’s not wear Fanatec goggles and ignore their faults. Yes they sent the replacement part but no I was not happy or impressed by my treatment. I received a broken wheel out of the box and when I finally received a response I requested returning the wheel and replacing it with the p1 elite and I would pay the difference. Fanatec would only accept and issue a refund upon inspection if the replacement part did not fix the issue. They told me I could not use the 100% satisfaction guarantee because I was past the 14 day window. I had pushed the issue from day 1 and never changed my opinion or desire for simply wanting a return of the wheel and a credit for the difference on a purchase of the elite wheel. They failed to live up to their warranty from every angle and no matter who argues the issue it is undeniable.

Krassi yes that is what I meant. Update the firmware. Are you saying I don’t have to switch wheels. I can use the PS4 wheel for the XBox1?
The PS4 gets its compatibility from its wheelbase.
The Xbox gets its compatibility from its steering wheel.
Therefor the PS4 supplied wheel will not operate the Xbox.
An Xbox compatible wheel will run a PS4 if using the PS4 compatible wheelbase.
Of course the Xbox compatible wheel will run the Xbox.

Hence an Xbox compatible wheel will also operate an Xbox on the Club Sport V2.5 wheelbase (or I guess the V2.0 wheelbase). But because the V2.5 etc Clubsport wheelbases are not PS4 compatible, they won't operate a PS4.

I believe your confused about my original post you quoted. This all happened back in April when I got the wheel. And yes Fanatec is a great company and I don’t plan to switch anytime soon, but let’s not wear Fanatec goggles and ignore their faults. Yes they sent the replacement part but no I was not happy or impressed by my treatment. I received a broken wheel out of the box and when I finally received a response I requested returning the wheel and replacing it with the p1 elite and I would pay the difference. Fanatec would only accept and issue a refund upon inspection if the replacement part did not fix the issue. They told me I could not use the 100% satisfaction guarantee because I was past the 14 day window. I had pushed the issue from day 1 and never changed my opinion or desire for simply wanting a return of the wheel and a credit for the difference on a purchase of the elite wheel. They failed to live up to their warranty from every angle and no matter who argues the issue it is undeniable.
If you wrote to them from Day one that you want to return this faulty from the box rim - then they need to accept this... it is in your 14 days ...how long they will postpone the reply is not your problem tbh... as a customer - I am always on a customer`s side, but as tv host I always know that there is point of view and opinion on the other side,too. Don`t get me wrong - I am far from idea to do not believe you - you say everything in public where Fanatec can read, that means you stay behind your words... just sometimes small details that the other side have are missing!:) But as I said in the start of my post - if you contact them for a return - they need to honor this!

@Krassi @Melbourne Park. Thanks for your reply. I understand about which wheel and how it goes with each console. I just misunderstood what Krassi was saying. Lol..... Has anyone had a problem with the Fanatec E-Brake not working with PS4 on GT sport??? I’m going to try and update the firmware this weekend and see if that makes it work. Thanks again for the help.

@Krassi @Melbourne Park. Thanks for your reply. I understand about which wheel and how it goes with each console. I just misunderstood what Krassi was saying. Lol..... Has anyone had a problem with the Fanatec E-Brake not working with PS4 on GT sport??? I’m going to try and update the firmware this weekend and see if that makes it work. Thanks again for the help.
We speak for the same thing... maybe I mussundersttod you that you want to use exactly PS4 rim on Xbox One, but I dont see the logic of this if you have XB1 compatible rim already. As you said you switch rims, so thatmean you have one. With Xbox rim attached - no need to change anything for Xbox or PS4 or PC use. (with CSL Elite PS4 base ofcourse)

Thanks @Krassi for responding. Total on the same page. My main concern was that my E-Brake is not working with my PS4. If anybody has any problem with this or if it’s not suppose to work I would like to know. Thanks

Hi all,

Please don't laugh but I am still running Race 07 on the PC and would like to upgrade my 7 year old Fanatec 911 GT3 wheel. I am definitely sticking with Fanatec and after reading up on their current wheels and watching various reviews, I had actually decided after much research to go with the CSL Elite PS4 wheelbase with the XBox P1 rim (only because I prefer the feel of the alcantara all the way around the rim as I had with my old 911 GT3 wheel). Plus I was a little worried about the rubberised / fake leather grips on the PS4 P1 wheel - after 7 years the rubber bits on my 911 wheel (thankfully just the hub) have become sticky and horrible - and I am just a bit worried over time this PS4 wheel grips might do the same thing, especially as I keep my wheels for so long compared to most other people.

But getting back to the PS4 version of the wheelbase and I had decided on that because it is clearly better than the standard CS Elite wheelbase but is much more cost effective than the CSW 2.5 (which could arguably be deemed overkill in my case).

Now all that was fine till I got to around page 11 of this thread and it starts mentioning things such as older games requiring patches, etc to work correctly with these wheels. And those "old" games are much younger than my Race 07 (which I really want to stick with). So my question is, is there truly going to be an issue of buying the PS4 base with either its native wheel or the XBox version and then finding it simply won't work with something as old as Race 07? Should I just stick with the "pure" PC options which would either be the "plain" CS Elite at the low end or the CSW 2.5 with BMW rim at the top end (well, top end for me at any rate).

Thanks

Hi all,

Please don't laugh but I am still running Race 07 on the PC and would like to upgrade my 7 year old Fanatec 911 GT3 wheel. I am definitely sticking with Fanatec and after reading up on their current wheels and watching various reviews, I had actually decided after much research to go with the CSL Elite PS4 wheelbase with the XBox P1 rim (only because I prefer the feel of the alcantara all the way around the rim as I had with my old 911 GT3 wheel). Plus I was a little worried about the rubberised / fake leather grips on the PS4 P1 wheel - after 7 years the rubber bits on my 911 wheel (thankfully just the hub) have become sticky and horrible - and I am just a bit worried over time this PS4 wheel grips might do the same thing, especially as I keep my wheels for so long compared to most other people.

But getting back to the PS4 version of the wheelbase and I had decided on that because it is clearly better than the standard CS Elite wheelbase but is much more cost effective than the CSW 2.5 (which could arguably be deemed overkill in my case).

Now all that was fine till I got to around page 11 of this thread and it starts mentioning things such as older games requiring patches, etc to work correctly with these wheels. And those "old" games are much younger than my Race 07 (which I really want to stick with). So my question is, is there truly going to be an issue of buying the PS4 base with either its native wheel or the XBox version and then finding it simply won't work with something as old as Race 07? Should I just stick with the "pure" PC options which would either be the "plain" CS Elite at the low end or the CSW 2.5 with BMW rim at the top end (well, top end for me at any rate).

Thanks

The CSL Elite PS4 with P1 Elite rim will be perfect for you! The alcantara btw is much better quality from older Fanatec rims, feels more soft and comfy. I don`t see reason this to do not work with Race 07, but this can be checked easily. You are lucky - Fanatec now sells the CSL E PS4 base separate and you can buy the P1 Elite wihtout having extra PS4 rim and will save some money!:)

Back