Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Can i flash the Mclaren GT3 rim 311 firmware if i have the P1 rim? Is it any different to CSL Elite 311 firmware?
311 is the driver version. It contains different firmware for different hardware and will automatically detect what you are using. So no, it is the same software, whether you download it from the CSL Elite page or the McLaren page.

311 is the driver version. It contains different firmware for different hardware and will automatically detect what you are using. So no, it is the same software, whether you download it from the CSL Elite page or the McLaren page.
That's exactly what i asked, thanks!
I'll try flashing the beta 476 firmware again.

Edit: 3rd hour in GTS (FW. 335) and absolutely no issues with centering after countless fast corrections and kerb rumbles... Is it due to stronger in-game spring effect or what? Anyway, damn console AC & PCars 2 are still causing issues.

Last edited:
So I just ordered an Elite + wheelbase with a McLaren rim, however I also just realized I no longer have a PC.... I use Mac computers for work and since I work from home haven't had a windows computer in a few years. Am I going to have any trouble with using this setup with some old ClubSport V1 pedals on both an xbox one and PS4?

So I just ordered an Elite + wheelbase with a McLaren rim, however I also just realized I no longer have a PC.... I use Mac computers for work and since I work from home haven't had a windows computer in a few years. Am I going to have any trouble with using this setup with some old ClubSport V1 pedals on both an xbox one and PS4?
If you ordered the ps4 wheelbase you are safe

Do you guys have an issue with your GT3 cluch paddles (made some false starts thanks to that ..) ?

Sometimes they do not give any input (all other buttons work) but all goes back to normal when I turn off/on the wheelbase. Looks to me that it is an firmware issue but im using DriveHub and don't know if it is related.

Do you guys have an issue with your GT3 cluch paddles (made some false starts thanks to that ..) ?

Sometimes they do not give any input (all other buttons work) but all goes back to normal when I turn off/on the wheelbase. Looks to me that it is an firmware issue but im using DriveHub and don't know if it is related.
I recommend that you contact our support team so that they can run through some troubleshooting steps with you.

I recommend that you contact our support team so that they can run through some troubleshooting steps with you.
Thanks, but in that case I will need to somehow replicate the bug.
Technically bite point setting should work unrelated to console/game ? ( )
In that case I would try setting up (to se if it is responding in the LCD ) when it acts up.

All in all it looks like a software issue.

I use accelerate / brake mode (it is perfect when my spasticity acts up to adjust my feet on the main straight)

is there any info about how much wheel weight does this wheel support, I mean, I've read people using the BMW GT2 wheel without any issues and it weights a little more than 2kg.
I'm planning to add a real 350mm wheel with the usb hub in the future so that's why I'd like to know.
thanks

is there any info about how much wheel weight does this wheel support, I mean, I've read people using the BMW GT2 wheel without any issues and it weights a little more than 2kg.
I'm planning to add a real 350mm wheel with the usb hub in the future so that's why I'd like to know.
thanks
I have the elite4 ps4 setup but use the Porsche RSR wheel, which is heavier than the standard elite wheel. No problems with it working and I was immediately faster with the Porsche wheel, it feels real.

My problem is that GT Sport doesn't recognise the wheel and I don't know how to program the buttons. I can only adjust things with the right hand wand, and several times I have doubled clicked the wand while in a pit stop and have hence excluded putting fuel in the tank. Its cost me a heap actually. I'd love to be able to adjust the TC via two buttons so I could adjust the TC ie turn it on to 2 in the Porsche and then turn it off, and then back to 2. Simply. But I cannot. Quite annoying actually.

You will have trouble because you need a PC to setup the drivers and to adjust the settings: wheel rotation, brake calibration etc etc. There is no Mac support. You'll need to put windoze onto a drive on your mac ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Yeah, I bought it to use with PC only, it's such a great wheel and the price for base and wheel is fair. I have Usb pedals so I'm fine. It's the best wheel for PC in that price range IMO.

So where should I go to find out how to setup my Porsche RSR wheel suing the Elite for PS4 wheelbase? On Gran Turismo Sport, the wheel is not recognised by GT Sport so I cannot calibrate buttons there. The software is up to date on the wheel and the wheelbase and GT Sport. The reverse button is in the correct place, and the right joystick works fine. One of the buttons engages the reverse view too ... the left wand doesn't seem to do much.

I'd like to program a button or two to turn Traction control on and off so I can engage TC on setting 1 or 2 before certain areas of a track. Its too much work doing that with the right hand joystick as I use that for fiddling with the fuel usage/power, because if one dials down the power before a slow section then you save fuel without loosing time, and also in traffic lower power saves fuel without slowing you down.

new? I think this is the BF #5 wheel @DomB_Fanatec right? ;)

New Fanatec rim.jpg

Source:

new? I think this is the BF #5 wheel @DomB_Fanatec right? ;)

View attachment 781132

Source:

I have an Elite PS4 wheelbase, with V3 pedals and the wheel I use is the Porsche RSR. But it is NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE. Because on GT Sport - the most popular Driving Sim on the PS4 - the wheel is not recognised by GT Sport. So the buttons on the wheel mostly are useless. The right hand went works though ... and the reverse button. Another button escapes too. The left hand wand doesn't do anything. The gear shift levers do work.

Also if you spin the wheel can disconnects from the game, and you have to restart the wheel during the race. Its like the car is almost stuck in neutral - you rev the engine but the car hardly moves forward, it just spins the wheels. TC makes no difference to its behaviour.

Its certainly not properly compatible with GT Sport. If the wheel was properly compatible, the game would recognise the wheel on its controller settings setup page. But the wheel is not there.

I have an Elite PS4 wheelbase, with V3 pedals and the wheel I use is the Porsche RSR. But it is NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE. Because on GT Sport - the most popular Driving Sim on the PS4 - the wheel is not recognised by GT Sport. So the buttons on the wheel mostly are useless. The right hand went works though ... and the reverse button. Another button escapes too. The left hand wand doesn't do anything. The gear shift levers do work.

Also if you spin the wheel can disconnects from the game, and you have to restart the wheel during the race. Its like the car is almost stuck in neutral - you rev the engine but the car hardly moves forward, it just spins the wheels. TC makes no difference to its behaviour.

Its certainly not properly compatible with GT Sport. If the wheel was properly compatible, the game would recognise the wheel on its controller settings setup page. But the wheel is not there.
This is 100% PD's fault. they are the ones responsible for making the features the Wheel manufacturer has no control over this.

This is 100% PD's fault. they are the ones responsible for making the features the Wheel manufacturer has no control over this.

Not sure if that statement is correct. Compatibity with ps4 is handled in the base. Shouldnt a firmware update be able to fix this problem?

Are you sure you do not have any issue with your products?
I use my csl elite set + clubsport shifter and they all work perfect. I also use a lot the Clubsport F1 rim and i have no issue with it. I do not think that disconnection has to do anything with compatibility. Also in my case the F1 rim is not recognisable as a rim.
But if some one swaps on a Thrustmaster Tgt his rim with a 599xx/Ferrari F1 for example will it be recognisable?

Are you sure you do not have any issue with your products?
I use my csl elite set + clubsport shifter and they all work perfect. I also use a lot the Clubsport F1 rim and i have no issue with it. I do not think that disconnection has to do anything with compatibility. Also in my case the F1 rim is not recognisable as a rim.
But if some one swaps on a Thrustmaster Tgt his rim with a 599xx for example will it be recognisable?

Thrustmaster like Fanatec regulary updates firmware for compatibility.

I`ve never heard or seen that changed rim need to show with its graphical picture...we speak for GT Sport I asume.

Well that is my point.
I had my Ferrari F1 wheel on my t300rs with plenty of buttons, but there were a lot of duplicants. I can see now that the left joystick of the Clubsport line rims can not be recognised at all in Gtsport. If there was a native support in the game i think it would change to '' CSL elite + clubsport F1 wheel'' for example in my case and i would have the option to assign any button.

So i think that the rim compatibility, or native rim compatibility i should say, is more of the game 's developer thing than the product's company.

That been said i would really love to have the left joystick as a turn left/right up/down (analog head turn as on the controller).

Also as i understand Fanatec Fanalogic (i think that is how they call it) has all the features of any current at least available Fanatec product. In CSL elite there are for example the rev lights, the gear indicator, the speed indicator etc. Other games are using these features but GT sport uses only the rev lights at least for now and after some time since the compatibility announcement.

Well that is my point.
I had my Ferrari F1 wheel on my t300rs with plenty of buttons, but there were a lot of duplicants. I can see now that the left joystick of the Clubsport line rims can not be recognised at all in Gtsport. If there was a native support in the game i think it would change to '' CSL elite + clubsport F1 wheel'' for example in my case and i would have the option to assign any button.
So i think that the rim compatibility or native rim compatibility i should say is more of the game developer think than the product's company.

That been said i would really love to have the left joystick as a turn left/right up/down (analog head turn as on the controller).

Also as i understand Fanatec Fanalogic (i think that is how they call it) has all the features of any current at least available Fanatec product. In CSL elite there are for example the rev lights, the gear indicator, the speed indicator etc. Other games are using these features but GT sport uses only the rev lights at least for now and after some time since the compatibility announcement.
First for the graphics in the menu - in general I think is not implemented to be changed, thats doesnt mena that the rim is not supported, just the controllers/wheels menu is not responsive to changed rim. About the rims buttons etc...the rim comes to base and then to the console , so the base is im charge to translate inputs to the console. If some rims work perfect in some games but not in GT Sport - Fanatec need to see what is the problem and to update the firmware if needed. For me the base see what is pressed and tells to the PS4/GT Sport...the base can do any change with firm update. For the revs and other extra features PD can fix this if in other games work. In general we dont know how the communication goes between Fanatec and PD and we dont know also what tasks are given vise/versa!:)

First for the graphics in the menu - in general I think is not implemented to be changed, thats doesnt mena that the rim is not supported, just the controllers/wheels menu is not responsive to changed rim. About the rims buttons etc...the rim comes to base and then to the console , so the base is im charge to translate inputs to the console. If some rims work perfect in some games but not in GT Sport - Fanatec need to see what is the problem and to update the firmware if needed. For me the base see what is pressed and tells to the PS4/GT Sport...the base can do any change with firm update. For the revs and other extra features PD can fix this if in other games work. In general we dont know how the communication goes between Fanatec and PD and we dont know also what tasks are given vise/versa!:)

I think the base translates the inputs to the console but the developer does not use the input. That is what i understand in case of a Clubsport rim on a csl elite ps4 wheel base. I do not think it is a firmaware update thing.

Last edited:
I think the base translates the inputs to the console but the developer does not use the input. That is what i understand in case of a Clubsport rim on a csl elite ps4 wheel base.
I meaned Fanatec says to PS4/GT what is what...if PD understand button A on CSL rim and dont understand button A on Porsche rim for example - that means that dont receive correct input info. For example look at DriveHUb device - no matter which wheel you plug in it if it is supoprt - work on both consoles correct (not counting some problems sometimes) but in general everything works fine. This is because Drivehub gives the correct info to PS4/GTSport or other title.

Latest Posts

Back