Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Have any PC users experienced this issue before? It's a weird one, but I can only describe it like this...

After maybe a few hours-ish of use I've noticed some or all wheel buttons can stop working, forcing me to turn the wheel off and on again. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel again but will see if it happens again :indiff:

Not using any beta firmware/drivers, just whatever was listed on the product page (328 I think).

Have any PC users experienced this issue before? It's a weird one, but I can only describe it like this...

After maybe a few hours-ish of use I've noticed some or all wheel buttons can stop working, forcing me to turn the wheel off and on again. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel again but will see if it happens again :indiff:

Not using any beta firmware/drivers, just whatever was listed on the product page (328 I think).

i would highly recommend updating your firmware.
Beta Drivers are at 356 at the moment. or do you not want to install beta drivers?

Are you getting "Controller Disconnected. Please reconnect" on-screen message or is it that the buttons just stop responding?

Are you getting "Controller Disconnected. Please reconnect" on-screen message or is it that the buttons just stop responding?

Nope, it's clearly still connected because I can still turn and use my pedals. It's just the paddles and buttons don't seem to work. It's... weird.

i would highly recommend updating your firmware.
Beta Drivers are at 356 at the moment. or do you not want to install beta drivers?

I think seeing so many drivers still listed as beta has put me off from installing any of them, so I just went with what is the current release candidate. I usually try not to chase the bleeding edge when it comes to this stuff in case of issues. Having said that, is there a general consensus on which beta driver which is considered stable enough?

Can’t really find a clear answer elsewhere on the internet so wondering if anyone in here could help.

I have a CSL Elite F1 pack with the 2 pedal set up. (Never upgraded firmware as I don’t have a windows based PC)

I just bought the load cell kit. Can I just fit it and plug it in and play or do I need to upgrade the firmware on the pedal before I can use it?

Appreciate your help

Can’t really find a clear answer elsewhere on the internet so wondering if anyone in here could help.

I have a CSL Elite F1 pack with the 2 pedal set up. (Never upgraded firmware as I don’t have a windows based PC)

I just bought the load cell kit. Can I just fit it and plug it in and play or do I need to upgrade the firmware on the pedal before I can use it?

Appreciate your help

Ask FAnatec about it.. directly!!

Appreciate your help
Yes it will work, although we always recommend that you check for firmware updates.

Hello to everyone.

Im having an issue with my CSL Elite Wheelbase for PS4.

It happens from time to time, but it started to annoy me a lot.

Sometimes when i play the wheel disconnects from my PS4 and snaps full force to the side im steering to. I have then to unplug the power supply cable from the wheelbase to shut it down.
Another issue, everytime i change my profile on my steering wheel, when i press the settings button, the screen flashes, as if the PS4 gets a cut or spike of electricity.

I hope @DomB_Fanatec can help me out.

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'm currently having a small issue with my csl elite ps4 base. When I play gt sport with the recommended settings on the fanatec website I am experiencing a slight knock or jolt when turning, particulars in chicanes i can feel it through the wheel when the torque is highest. Its not affecting the ffb i think but it is quite distracting and a little bit disappointing considering i have only had it a little over a week :(

Has anyone have the same problem? Is it something i just have to live with?

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 040

In-Game Settings:
Force Feedback Max Torque: 5
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

Here is a video link to show what I mean:

Last edited:
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'm currently having a small issue with my csl elite ps4 base. When I play gt sport with the recommended settings on the fanatec website I am experiencing a slight knock or jolt when turning, particulars in chicanes i can feel it through the wheel when the torque is highest. Its not affecting the ffb i think but it is quite distracting and a little bit disappointing considering i have only had it a little over a week :(

Has anyone have the same problem? Is it something i just have to live with?

Here is a video link to show what I mean:

Yeah that's definitely not normal. Have you tried updating the drivers from the Fanatec website just in case to see if you have the latest drivers installed?
Also might not be a bad idea to post the settings you're using for comparison and to avoid others having to go to the Fanatec website to look for it.

Yeah that's definitely not normal. Have you tried updating the drivers from the Fanatec website just in case to see if you have the latest drivers installed?
Also might not be a bad idea to post the settings you're using for comparison and to avoid others having to go to the Fanatec website to look for it.
Updated my post, thanks.

My WB driver is 630, PC driver 328 and WB motor driver is 22.

Unless I'm mistaken you do have the latest drivers etc as stated.
A little update:
When I clicked 'Update Wheel base motor firmware' it said that the latest version is 18 as opposed to the 22 I have. I ended up downgrading to v18 to see if it makes any difference and it doesn't sadly. Its like the shaft is loose or the belt isnt tight enough? Im not sure...

A little update:
When I clicked 'Update Wheel base motor firmware' it said that the latest version is 18 as opposed to the 22 I have. I ended up downgrading to v18 to see if it makes any difference and it doesn't sadly. Its like the shaft is loose or the belt isnt tight enough? Im not sure...
Looks to me you may need to contact Fanatec customer service. They may advise you further. Hopefully you wouldn't have to send it to them for check out and service or replacement.

@Bazza2222 Do you have other games and do you have the same problem with them?
Yes, I tried Dirt rally 2 and asseto corsa and same thing. Dirt rally is not too noticable because i usually have ffb turned well down for that game.
AC is the same as GT due to higher ffb settings. If i turn down ffb i have to turn is to about 30% before the knock is gone but then there is hardly any feedback at all and i cant drive properly.

20200408_193404.jpg
Got my new CSL Elite bundle yesterday.

Attachments

• 20200407_154030.jpg
    20200407_154030.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I have not read this thread for a long time. Well what can I say sorry for the guys who paid 400 € for this product and then have problems. knocks on the steering wheel pulls the steering wheel to the side and so on. meanwhile, the new csl v1.1 version did not try to improve belt tension.

@DomB_Fanatec
My CSL PS4 tends to turn violently left and right in supersonic speed if I take my hands out of it or if I'm parked on the track and I touch the wheel.
Does anyone knows why this happens?

@DomB_Fanatec
My CSL PS4 tends to turn violently left and right in supersonic speed if I take my hands out of it or if I'm parked on the track and I touch the wheel.
Does anyone knows why this happens?

I use csl elite ps4 for on PS4 PC1-PC2-AC-Dirt rally 2 and GTSPORT and i use the recommended settings from Fanatec and it is just perfect. No problems until now. I might raise the FEI value some times +10.
I use it for about 2.5 years now.

Some settings might cause this

Back