Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
I agree. If you are thinking of getting the CSL elite pedals with Loadcell, try to find the extra cash for the V3. They are worth it!

Thanks for all the advice. You've convinced me - I'll pull the trigger on the V3's later.
I didn't foresee myself spending 350 euros on pedals when I decided to get into sim racing - i guess it's an expensive hobby :lol:

Thanks for all the advice. You've convinced me - I'll pull the trigger on the V3's later.
I didn't foresee myself spending 350 euros on pedals when I decided to get into sim racing - i guess it's an expensive hobby :lol:
Yeah but you get what you pay for eh. I wish when I had first ordered my CSL Elite Starter Kit (with included potentiometer pedals) I'd purchased the wheel/base and V3 pedals instead. It would have actually saved me not only a bunch of money in the mid - long term but also saved me from a lot of frustration. But I didn't know any better at the time. And let's face it, when we buy these kinds of things it's generally for the long haul and you don't want to be continually spending more money to replace stuff.

Noob question. I recently bought a CSL Elite racing wheel (https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet). I haven't unboxed it yet and was hoping to test it this weekend. Can I actually use it without pedals?

Also, any recommendations on pedals/shifter? I don't want to spend crazy money.

I'm thinking these pedals: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/cs...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

As for the shifter, the Fanetec Clubsport is a bit over my budget. Are the wheel shifters good enough?

I run the Thrustmaster T-LCM and they're great for the price point ($200)

The load cell is fantastic and it had lots of versatility with different stiffness springs.

Only thing is you need a drivehub to run it with the csl wheel if you're on console.

If you play on pc its no issue.

But with console it might be worth getting the Fanatec pedals with the load cell brake pedal.

After reading all the comments, I went ahead bought the V3's this evening. I didn't want to spend so much but as mentioned above, it makes sense in the long term. Hopefull, I won't need to replace/upgrade for a long while.

Just need to find a stand now - might hold off for now. My wallet has taken a bashing recently :)

After reading all the comments, I went ahead bought the V3's this evening. I didn't want to spend so much but as mentioned above, it makes sense in the long term. Hopefull, I won't need to replace/upgrade for a long while.

Just need to find a stand now - might hold off for now. My wallet has taken a bashing recently :)
You have done the right thing to order the V3 pedals, and they will last a very very long time :cheers:.

You have done the right thing to order the V3 pedals, and they will last a very very long time :cheers:.
Yup. A wise decision indeed. Doodah, just a note. You may probably find the brakes tension on the V3 load cell a bit strong/stiff on the onset with default settings....at least it was a bit too stiff for me. If you need to adjust the brakes so not too stiff and make it a bit easier to depress do so via the in-wheel (tuning menu) settings adjusting BRF (Brake Force) from default 050 to 080 instead (the higher the number = the less stiff). This is what was advised to me by Dominic aka @DomB_Fanatec of Fanatec. Since I did that it was perfect for me. Just something to keep in mind.

@davidt33 Higher BRF numbers should require more force to reach 100% brake input. It was reversed on some older firmwares on some wheel bases, so I imagine you haven't updated in a while :)
Oh. Yes I haven't updated firmware for quite a while since whatever last official update I was using was working well and didn't want to take the chance to mess up anything. I really found it strange originally how a higher number would have been determined to reduce the force. Thanks for the heads up though. If and when I next have cause to update I'll keep that in mind to adjust accordingly. Cheers.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been answered, but I’m unable to turn the pedal vibration on on my V3’s in ACC on PS4. The option is there but I can’t even get to the selection box on the menu. Don’t suppose this is a bug with a workaround?

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I’m unable to turn the pedal vibration on on my V3’s in ACC on PS4. The option is there but I can’t even get to the selection box on the menu. Don’t suppose this is a bug with a workaround?
That's very strange. I'd been able to turn it on ever since the option became available on ACC and the pedal rumble effect is amazing. You should be able to click the arrow by the option to "On". When next you fire up the console (I'm assuming you're on console) could you take a screen shot and post it here to let us see what you're seeing?

So after having my CSL elite for about a week or two now i found out that i dislike the P1 wheel. Its diameter around the rim is too thin.

Especially compared to the Alcantara Ferrari rim on my T300. It was causing me to use a lot more grip strength to hold the wheel since my hands were cupped more.

So i decided to wrap over the leather with the left over bicycle handle bar wrap i had from my Acelith Design wheel.

Its turned out pretty good. Its thicker so ny hands fit it much better and its soft and cushy.

I wear a medium size glove, so its not like i have huge hands.

But just a tip if anyone is experiencing the same.

20201217_204826.jpg
20201217_204130.jpg

So after getting a few online races in last night (ACC PS4) i can say that its a big improvement.

The grip is thicker so i used less hand strength to grip the thicker wheel. Its also super comfortable since it's slightly soft and squishy.

I had less hand fatigue for sure.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to disable to rev lights on the wheel base while using it on PS4? I've tried using FanaLeds but it seems like they only stay disabled for the duration of it being connected to my PC.

Anyone know how to disable to rev lights on the wheel base while using it on PS4? I've tried using FanaLeds but it seems like they only stay disabled for the duration of it being connected to my PC.
Put black tape over it.

I taped paper over mine last night. Works well and it was free.

Lol, alright. I’ve got tape over mine as well was just hoping there was a software solution. Might crack the case open at some point and disconnect the lights entirely.

It would be nice to have a solution in the software. Let us know if you disconnect them. Im assuming it would be easy

Lol, alright. I’ve got tape over mine as well was just hoping there was a software solution. Might crack the case open at some point and disconnect the lights entirely.
Don't know why you'd not want to see the rev lights though. It's useful.

Don't know why you'd not want to see the rev lights though. It's useful.

With me since i have to use the CSL with drivehub my rim lights dont work and the rev lights are coming on too early (at least in ACC). And no matter what i do to them in fanalabs they dont change.

So i have blinding blue lights in my face even though im 1000rpm from redline.

Put black tape over it.
Hi David when you convince me to buy the wheel and the V3 pedals I was going to put silver tape on them lights on the base, but I ended up not to do that because them light had no distraction on me even at night with the room light is off.

Hi David when you convince me to buy the wheel and the V3 pedals I was going to put silver tape on them lights on the base, but I ended up not to do that because them light had no distraction on me even at night with the room light is off.
I love all my LED lights. I understand @SlowGrayAudi 's predicament though if the lights are not in sync because of how he has to use his unit via Drivehub.

Yup. Best purchase I ever made.
Perhaps one day @SlowGrayAudi may buy the V3 pedals which are fantastic fantastic fantastic, and then he would not have an issue with the Christmas light.

It'll be a minute. Considering i just got the T-LCM pedals this year and the CSL base. Gotta calm down a bit with the spending. Black friday was kinda crazy this year.

Any way to make the V3 brake pedal stiffer? I love the CSL Elite wheel base and it's a very big upgrade from the G29 I had before but I really mis the feel I had from my LC modded G29 brake pedal which was pressure based with almost no travel. It really helped me with concistency. I have the brake adjuster at max stiffnes but still not stiff enough for my liking. Any help would be appriciated.

Back