Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,339 comments
Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, got mt DD Pro today. My tuning button seems to be stuck as the button for Create Mode on PS5... Couldn't not change it on the steering wheel button config menu.

Any ideas pls?

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, got mt DD Pro today. My tuning button seems to be stuck as the button for Create Mode on PS5... Couldn't not change it on the steering wheel button config menu.

Any ideas pls?
The tuning menu button is the tiny one to the left of the screen on the wheel. That only has one function and is not mappable so it seems you're pressing the wrong one.

Last edited:
The tuning menu button is the tiny one to the left of the screen on the wheel. That only has one function and is not mappable so it seems you're pressing the wrong one.
It's the one marked in red, right? Just realized I'm dumb and was pressing the one I'm pointing at 🫣😵‍💫

Thank you, sir!

Attachments

• IMG_20230530_181922.jpg
    IMG_20230530_181922.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 24
I posted this on another thread but this is probably the correct place:

Anyone know if you can plug the brake of the csl pedals into the load cell and use it as a throttle?

I’ve decided to go with a two pedal setup and some resistance on the throttle, which the old brake might provide(after calibration in fanalab) sounds really useful when it comes to feathering the gas etc. Also, theres a good amount of travel in the throttle, which feels a bit long, given my load cell is pretty stiff. Something using the brake would also remedy.

Ty

I just swapped the arm & spring from the old brake pedal with the throttle one as it makes it a bit firmer and also recently added one of the R/C damper kits from eBay to make it even stiffer. The travel isn't an issue for me as it makes it easier to modulate.
I left foot brake so the difference in travel between the load cell and throttle isn't an issue.

Last edited:
I just swapped the arm & spring from the old brake pedal with the throttle one as it makes it a bit firmer and also recently added one of the R/C damper kits from eBay to make it even stiffer. The travel isn't an issue for me as it makes it easier to modulate.
I left foot brake so the difference in travel between the load cell and throttle isn't an issue.
Cool. Yeah. In all my searching that seems to be the only solution around. I was hoping to just plug the brake into the load cell and go, but apparently that doesn’t work?

Same for left footed braking and the travel being more appropriate.

Eta: While going to do the pedal swap i realized that all that was really needed was the back bumper from the brake. Kept the foam insert and recalibrated in fanatec’s software..its pretty dang good.

Last edited:
Dusted off my DD pro for some usage while at work, only to find that the wheel-base “pedal Jack” has become loose on the wheelbase side.

Is there any work around for this? Also, what are peoples experience regarding Fanatec and repair work? I’m outside of the warranty, so I know I’ll have to pony up some $ which is fine, but didn’t know how much of a headache it is

Dusted off my DD pro for some usage while at work, only to find that the wheel-base “pedal Jack” has become loose on the wheelbase side.

Is there any work around for this? Also, what are peoples experience regarding Fanatec and repair work? I’m outside of the warranty, so I know I’ll have to pony up some $ which is fine, but didn’t know how much of a headache it is
They seemed pretty attentive, but expect it to take in and around 3 weeks, start to finish.

I received my McLaren GT3 wheel today so looking forward to trying that out later. However I thought it would come with the PS buttons to change over but guess not.
Does anyone know where I can get a set of PS button caps?

I received my McLaren GT3 wheel today so looking forward to trying that out later. However I thought it would come with the PS buttons to change over but guess not.
I've looked and the only place I can find them is from Fanatec themselves or approved resellers. TBH you don't need them and soon learn what the wheel buttons correspond to.

Last edited:
IIRC you only get them when you buy the GT DD Pro wheelbase without the GT rim. Other than that you'll have to buy the sticker+button cap set to make them yourself 😐

Last edited:
IIRC you only get them when you buy the GT DD Pro wheelbase without the GT rim. Other than that you'll have to buy the sticker+button cap set to make them yourself 😐
Ok thanks, any suggestions on where to buy them from? I've had a Google but can't seem to find any suitable ones.

It's an Xbox licenced wheel which is why it does not have any PS button caps. Does it not come with a set of generic button caps? My CSL WRC rim came with Xbox buttons but also a full set of "racing style" caps and I swapped over to them straight away.

You can email Fanatec Customer Service and ask to buy the caps that come with the stand alone GT DD Pro base. I had to do this when I wanted to purchase a new back plate for my original BMW V1 wheel. They in turn will add the item to your account cart from the back end of their website. I've been meaning to pick up some extra PS caps myself for my other wheels, but I've been lazy in emailing FANATEC. I only have the one set that came with the base.

Cheers

FMW
You can email Fanatec Customer Service and ask to buy the caps that come with the stand alone GT DD Pro base. I had to do this when I wanted to purchase a new back plate for my original BMW V1 wheel. They in turn will add the item to your account cart from the back end of their website. I've been meaning to pick up some extra PS caps myself for my other wheels, but I've been lazy in emailing FANATEC. I only have the one set that came with the base.

Cheers
Not sure this always works. I've never tried it myself, but I've seen people report that it works (as you said), but also other reports that said that customer service said it's not possible (anymore?)

Not sure this always works. I've never tried it myself, but I've seen people report that it works (as you said), but also other reports that said that customer service said it's not possible (anymore?)
It may very well depend on the parts you're looking for. In my case I needed to replace plastic parts that had gone bad over time.

I've just received a DD Pro wheel base with Formula 2.5 steering wheel. The instructions show it using a quick release adapter to attach to the base, which they say is sold seperately. Does this mean I can't attach the wheel yet until I order an extra adapter?

I've just received a DD Pro wheel base with Formula 2.5 steering wheel. The instructions show it using a quick release adapter to attach to the base, which they say is sold seperately. Does this mean I can't attach the wheel yet until I order an extra adapter?
The Formula 2.5 should ship with the QR1 as it's included in the price.

My Formula V2 wheel came with it installed. Web site dowesn’t show it as a bundled item. If it has a release on it then it would be the QR1 which is metal.

Thanks for the help all, I've dropped Fanatec support a message, guess I'm going to have to resign myself to another week or two wait until the new rig's up and running

Back