Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,339 comments
Questions:

1) Is it confirmed that the wheel won't work on Xbox? I have both PS5 and Series X and I feel bad about spending 1000 euros on something that I can only use on PS5.

2) Do you recommend getting the full bundle (Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle), or is it better to get something else (and mix/match other pedals, boost kit, etc)

Thanks
The GT DD Pro wheelbase will work with PC, PS5 and Xbox. In order to use the setup on Xbox though Microsoft require you to use an Xbox licenced wheel rim.

Microsoft require a licenced rim and don't care about the base.
Sony require a licenced wheelbase and don't care about the rim.

It's a strange world.

Last edited:
Please chime in if you've found a solution for your gaming chair rolling backward when you step on your load cell brake. I read somewhere that someone tried cutting a tennis ball in half and placing them under two of the back wheels. I'll be testing that later today. I'm super pumped, my DD Pro bundle is arriving tomorrow and my V3 pedals are arriving on Sunday. So cool that FedEx delivers on Sundays. Woohoo!

Please chime in if you've found a solution for your gaming chair rolling backward when you step on your load cell brake. I read somewhere that someone tried cutting a tennis ball in half and placing them under two of the back wheels. I'll be testing that later today. I'm super pumped, my DD Pro bundle is arriving tomorrow and my V3 pedals are arriving on Sunday. So cool that FedEx delivers on Sundays. Woohoo!
If you have a 3D printer then you can print these: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3641215
They work great :)

I saw on Reddit that people were putting their office chair wheels into sneakers to stop them from rolling backwards. Might do ok as an interim solution.

Last edited:
When I was using my NLR Wheel stand with an office chair I tried lockable casters, they were just OK, but I ended up using wire loops to hook around the 2 front wheels, worked a treat until I built a wood frame with car seat.

Last edited:
Yoooo! I got my wheel and pedals and set everything up.. this thing is harder to use than I thought but I think after I get used to it it’s going to be way faster. The thing feels great!

Attachments

• 3AFAF509-AC05-4955-8225-FB9AF4EBB350.jpeg
    3AFAF509-AC05-4955-8225-FB9AF4EBB350.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 50
Yoooo! I got my wheel and pedals and set everything up.. this thing is harder to use than I thought but I think after I get used to it it’s going to be way faster. The thing feels great!
Is the rig stable on lockable caster wheels? Any movement at all in when you drive? I ordered a similar setup but I haven't received everything yet. Mine is a NLR wheel stand 2.0, a seat add-on, and lockable caster wheels.

Is the rig stable on lockable caster wheels? Any movement at all in when you drive? I ordered a similar setup but I haven't received everything yet. Mine is a NLR wheel stand 2.0, a seat add-on, and lockable caster wheels.
I'm not sure. I havn't tried that yet. Although I did order a new set of rollerblade casters. Two out of 5 are lockable. I'm not even sure if the stems are the right size. It's from Amazon so it's an easy return if they don't fit. In the meantime I'm just going to remove the casters altogether and race that way. What I really want is just a base made out of 80/20 profile with a seat on it without the risers for the wheel base. That way I can still use my desk for surfing youtube and playing other games.

It’s stable and all of the wheels are unlocked I don’t even lock them lol
But the whole thing is on wheels, so the only way it would move is if there’s an outside force, it’s physically impossible for it to move from anything the wheel does.
Is your seat attached to the wheel stand? Or separate?

It’s stable and all of the wheels are unlocked I don’t even lock them lol
But the whole thing is on wheels, so the only way it would move is if there’s an outside force, it’s physically impossible for it to move from anything the wheel does.
Is your seat attached to the wheel stand? Or separate?
I haven’t received the seat add-on yet, but it’s supposed to be bolted to the stand, which makes the whole thing pretty much the NLR GTTrack rig, minus a little bit of rigidity in the front and the seatbelt.

Last edited:
I haven’t received the seat add-on yet, but it’s supposed to be bolted to the stand, which makes the whole thing pretty much the NLR GTTrack rig, minus a little bit of rigidity in the front and the seatbelt.
So it shouldn’t move then.. the forces stay within the rig system. As long as you’re not jumping around in the seat that is.. lol
You’re going to love it! Very sturdy

This video shows that it works.

Thanks!

I’m specifically interested in PS5 compatibility.

Seems most keen sim racers (ie those with a DD wheel, and separate shifter and handbrake) are likely on a PC, although this being the GT version increases likelihood it’s on a PS5, I suppose.

I have no idea if one can assume compatibility across platforms if it works on one???

(I haven’t gamed since the original PS. Gave my son a PS5 for Christmas, and coincidentally saw a mate’s post on FB of his sim rig about the same time. Then started googling and saw Will of Boosted Media’s videos of Bathurst on ACC on YouTube. Brought up fond memories of playing GT with a ‘toy’ wheel and pedals strapped to a shopping trolley in my early twenties. I’ve played ACC and DR2.0 (just playing with the controller) and it’s made me remember that Colin McRae Rally (and not GT) was what I played the most. Now tossing up between a cheap G27 and a modded brake, or just going all in on a GT DD Pro with LC brake.)

Last edited:
Thanks!

Seems most keen sim racers (ie those with a DD wheel, and separate shifter and handbrake) are likely on a PC, although this being the GT version increases likelihood it’s on a PS5, I suppose.

I have no idea if one can assume compatibility across platforms if it works on one???

(I haven’t gamed since the original PS. Gave my son a PS5 for Christmas, and coincidentally saw a mate’s post on FB of his sim rig about the same time. Then started googling and saw Will of Boosted Media’s videos of Bathurst on ACC on YouTube. Brought up fond memories of playing GT with a ‘toy’ wheel and pedals strapped to a shopping trolley in my early twenties. I’ve played ACC and DR2.0 (just playing with the controller) and it’s made me remember that Colin McRae Rally (and not GT) was what I played the most. Now tossing up between a cheap G27 and a modded brake, or just going all in on a GT DD Pro with LC brake.)
The old saying that "you get what you pay for" couldn't be more true when it comes to sim racing gear. I you enjoy sim racing I'd say take the dive and get yourself a DD Pro. You won't be sorry. I love mine!

Thanks!

This is on playstation, hard to tell if the power button is blue or purple/blue but that's definitely on PS. PC power button is red or yellowish (on the dd wheelbase).

With games released before the wheelbase, I believe they should all run when the base is in compatibility mode. Your mileage may vary though.

With games released before the wheelbase, I believe they should all run when the base is in compatibility mode. Your mileage may vary though.
Are there different types of compatibility mode though? On Fanatec's website there are lists of supported games for the belt driven wheelbases and the direct drive models that differ (older PS4 games not listed as compatible with DD's).

This was what made me decide against Fanatec (I was so close to buying a DD1 F1 bundle with V3 pedals) and go with Thrustmaster instead. Better hardware - from the look of it anyway - no good to me if the games don't work (all that well).

Are there different types of compatibility mode though? On Fanatec's website there are lists of supported games for the belt driven wheelbases and the direct drive models that differ (older PS4 games not listed as compatible with DD's).

This was what made me decide against Fanatec (I was so close to buying a DD1 F1 bundle with V3 pedals) and go with Thrustmaster instead. Better hardware - from the look of it anyway - no good to me if the games don't work (all that well).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-181723.png
    Screenshot_20220111-181723.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 30
Yes but the CSL Elite is from what - 2017 or so? There are games missing in the DD1 compatibility list that came out before the CSL Elite but are listed as compatible with that so it must have offered some mode or other to get them to work.

E.g. Driveclub - studio shut down a year or two before the CSL released but listed as compatible with that and not the DD.

On the other hand if there was some oversight on Fanatec's part when compiling these lists then they lost out on a DD1 sale and I saved a bunch. ;)

Hello.
I have ordered the Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle version. And now I have such a problem. I am waiting for the steering wheel to be delivered. In the meantime, I have to arrange something like the pictures to mount the fanatec base to my racing rig. DD Pro will replace Logitech G29 so I'm doing a big upgrade. I am asking for help in identifying one of these two metal fanatec bases.

Red one would be perfect but i have no idea about the brand and name.

snap169.jpg

snap166.jpg

This one also would be perfect, simple and easy adjustable.
20210829174731.jpg

20210829174738.jpg

20210829174315.jpg

Or this one.

PXL_20201024_134740845-1024x768.jpg

Can anyone help me find those mounting plates??

Hello.
I have ordered the Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle version. And now I have such a problem. I am waiting for the steering wheel to be delivered. In the meantime, I have to arrange something like the pictures to mount the fanatec base to my racing rig. DD Pro will replace Logitech G29 so I'm doing a big upgrade. I am asking for help in identifying one of these two metal fanatec bases.

Red one would be perfect but i have no idea about the brand and name.

View attachment 1106123
View attachment 1106124

This one also would be perfect, simple and easy adjustable.
View attachment 1106125

View attachment 1106126

View attachment 1106127

Or this one.

View attachment 1106128

Can anyone help me find those mounting plates??
The red one is from Next Level Racing F-GT Elite racing simulator cockpit, I'm not sure if it's sold separately.

This is the black mounting plate from the second photo.

UM1-CSL Sim racing servo system motor mount for Fanatec CSL DD series

SimXPro® DD Sidemount

I don't think the silver plate in the third photo is compatible with CSL DD/GT DD.

Back