Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,340 comments
Yeah this is the email I got before mine was shipped, check on your fanatec account, under your order if they didnt input the shipping number by any chance. You gotta press view on your order page to see it. Cant miss it.
No tracking number yet. Hopefully soon. Did you get a tracking number the same day you got the email?

No tracking number yet. Hopefully soon. Did you get a tracking number the same day you got the email?
Sadly I'm not sure, I've check the tracking number only today because I saw a thread or reddit where someone was saying that Fanatec didnt sent them their shipping number but rather just updated it on there order page and they did the same to me. But yeah no idea when it was updated.

I got this email from Fanatec just now:

"Dear Mr Black,

The status of your order 1398617 placed on 01/01/2022 has changed to “warehouse processing“.

Our warehouse is currently preparing your shipment. Once it has left our warehouse, your tracking number will be visible in your account in your order details."

Alright, I'm gettin' excited, lol.
Got this email today too. I waited for live chat to be available last night and was able to talk to someone and I requested that they reach out to the warehouse to make sure they can get the orders out before they do inventory.. hopefully it works!

Got this email today too. I waited for live chat to be available last night and was able to talk to someone and I requested that they reach out to the warehouse to make sure they can get the orders out before they do inventory.. hopefully it works!
Lol, that's funny. Hope you didn't make 'em mad, lol. I'm ordering my V3 pedals today. I'm sure they won't be shipped out till after inventory is completed. Oh well, at least the bundle will be here soon.

Lol, that's funny. Hope you didn't make 'em mad, lol. I'm ordering my V3 pedals today. I'm sure they won't be shipped out till after inventory is completed. Oh well, at least the bundle will be here soon.
Naaa they were pretty chill.. said that it should be shipped out before inventory so there's a good chance! If you order the pedals today, those most likely won't get shipped out until after inventory. Are you getting the brake performance kit? Highly recommended to do so and they're cheap

Just ordered my V3 pedals. Now I see what you're talkin' about. I forgot about that damper kit. That will have to wait till next month.

Just ordered my V3 pedals. Now I see what you're talkin' about. I forgot about that damper kit. That will have to wait till next month.
Not the damper kit.. it's the brake performance kit for the V3 pedals. It's $30, and it's a set of bumpers that goes inside the brake tensioner that replaces the foam that's currently in there. The damper is the slightly more expensive piece and I believe the consensus was that it's not needed unless you want to use it for the accelerator

The dream is to play it with a direct drive wheel base.
I have been doing this for years with my Accuforce V1 DD wheel and it works quite nicely in GT Sport. The only thing I miss is the engine vibration feature which only works if I have the Sim Commander software running.

So is the GT-DD pro meant to be like a replacement to the T-GT II? I didn't think this at first but I just noticed they are actually similarly priced surprisingly I had never checked but I always assumed the T-GT wasn't anything special. Or am I just having weird pricing because I am in Aus?

I take it we won’t hear about a stand-alone DD Pro base until March?

I’d go for the CSL DD (I play on Xbox), but it kind of makes sense to wait for a DD Pro base so that I’m covered in the off-chance I get a PlayStation again.

Questions:

1) Is it confirmed that the wheel won't work on Xbox? I have both PS5 and Series X and I feel bad about spending 1000 euros on something that I can only use on PS5.

2) Do you recommend getting the full bundle (Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle), or is it better to get something else (and mix/match other pedals, boost kit, etc)

Thanks

Is it confirmed that the wheel won't work on Xbox?
The rim will not work on Xbox, but the base will if an Xbox-compatible rim is attached.

Fanatec's compatibility is listed in the wheel base for PlayStation and wheel rim for Xbox. "Xbox" on a base means it will never work on a PS, while "Xbox Ready" means it needs XB accessories to make it work on XB; "PS" on a rim means it will never work on an XB, while "PS Ready" means it needs PS base to make it work on PS.

If a wheel base is listed as "Xbox" or "Xbox Ready", it will function on Xbox except if a PlayStation-only wheel rim is attached. If a wheel rim is listed as "PS" or "PS Ready", it will function on PlayStation except if attached to an Xbox-only wheel base.

The GT DD Pro base is "Xbox Ready", so it will work on Xbox if you use an Xbox wheel rim. The CSL DD base is "Xbox", so it will never work on PS no matter what.

Questions:

1) Is it confirmed that the wheel won't work on Xbox? I have both PS5 and Series X and I feel bad about spending 1000 euros on something that I can only use on PS5.

2) Do you recommend getting the full bundle (Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle), or is it better to get something else (and mix/match other pedals, boost kit, etc)

Thanks
1) base work so you need to buy additionaly compatible xbox wheel rim (for example mclaren gt3)
2) depands how much you can spend, v3 pedals are defenitly better than ones in bundle

Some of the info in the Famine's above is incorrect and contradictory.

1) PS4/5 compatibility is via the wheelbase, Xbox is via the steering wheel, so the DD Pro will work with an Xbox 1/S/X if an Xbox wheel is attached, an Xbox rim will work on an PS4/5 if the wheelbase is PS4/5 compatible.

2) If you want console compatibility you will need Fanatec pedals, which ones are up to you and your budget, you can use non Fanatec pedals but you would need to use something like a Drivehub and that isn't guaranteed to keep working.

Last edited:
But, just to get this right, there is no base other than the DD Pro that can be fully cross-platform, and the DD Pro base itself is not sold individually, right?

Meaning that I can't really create a custom bundle that is fully cross-platform

But, just to get this right, there is no base other than the DD Pro that can be fully cross-platform, and the DD Pro base itself is not sold individually, right?

you are right but there is possibility gt dd pro base will be sell separatly in future

The GT DD PRO wheel base will be sold separately, but after some time, probably in March.

Oh, that is interesting! Then I guess it might be worth waiting a bit and then do FF Pro + McLaren GT3 + Boost Kit 180 + Pedals (potentially v3).

Alright, thank you all, I am still very undecided :D

From customer support:
A standalone version of this PlayStation-compatible wheel base is on the way, subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval.
No info on possible date nor price point. So I guess this is at least confirmed, just need to wait patiently 🥲

Last edited:
From customer support:

No info on possible date nor price point. So I guess this is at least confirmed, just need to wait patiently 🥲
I've read on reddit that it could be release end of january. Dont know where the info came from tho.

Naaa they were pretty chill.. said that it should be shipped out before inventory so there's a good chance! If you order the pedals today, those most likely won't get shipped out until after inventory. Are you getting the brake performance kit? Highly recommended to do so and they're cheap
Did you get an email with a tracking number yet?

The CSL Elite PS4 was cross-compatible (it's what I use), but it's been discontinued in favour of the CSL DD Pro.

Last edited:
Nothing yet.. 5 hours left in California before it's too late for today.. lol
if it's like they they arent sending a mail for your tracking number, they just update it on your order, at least it was like that for me. But you need to have get the processing in warehouse email.

As for myself, I pick up my GT DD Pro yesterday but sadly couldnt install it because it comes without screw which kinda annoyed me for the price, they could have include a set of screw of different size but whatever.

I've read lots of thread where people were saying the pedals are crap but they are as good as my T3pa-pro so good enough for me until the lc brake is released.

So for those wanting to get ahead and buy the screw already, depending on your hole configuration on your wheel base, you'll need M6 screws that are 10mm long + the width of your baseplate. For the playseat challenge for example, the plate is 5 mm tick so I needed 15mm long M6 screws. You can fix it with 4 screws max and the minimum are 2 screws.

Pedal also dont come with screws so keep that in mind, can't help with the dimension as I fix my pedal with other means.

Congrats! Glad you got yours. I'm very surprised they didn't email you a tracking number. I chatted with support yesterday and he said they would email me a tracking number. I'll be using the table clamp that's included in the bundle. I hope I don't need to go out and get screws for that as well. As for the pedals I'll be attaching those to a piece of plywood and then the plywood to a glulam beam that's mounted to the humungous legs on my motorized desk. I think it will work out ok. Then when my V3 pedals arrive I'll just do the switcheroo.

Congrats! Glad you got yours. I'm very surprised they didn't email you a tracking number. I chatted with support yesterday and he said they would email me a tracking number. I'll be using the table clamp that's included in the bundle. I hope I don't need to go out and get screws for that as well. As for the pedals I'll be attaching those to a piece of plywood and then the plywood to a glulam beam that's mounted to the humungous legs on my motorized desk. I think it will work out ok. Then when my V3 pedals arrive I'll just do the switcheroo.
Well I'm in europe so maybe the us store manage things differently. And yeah I can confirm I never received my shipping number, I just got the processing warehouse one then nothing. I checked on monday my order status and one the last line of the order confirmation form, there was my ups tracking number and my package was picked up on the 31th so yeah. As for the table clamp, no you wont need anything else, everything is provided for that.

Last edited:
I actually don’t think support knows much.. they said multiple times it would be shipped already but nothing so far, no tracking, and “inventory” starts tomorrow. Based on everything I’ve read from others, think they’re just delaying and then it’ll be “sorry due to the current situation things are delayed.”

Back